♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

*** The romantic comedy "Doctor Slump" will be released soon and the pairing is raising expectations of fans as the two will be seen together on screen for the first time since The Heirs, though the release date for Doctor Slump has not been revealed yet. This project would mark Park Hyung Sik’s first romantic-comedy role after many years. I'm eagerly waiting to see their chemistry together since they have reunited after a decade. It's good that they have been attending events together, creating hype around the upcoming drama. On November 9, Park Shin Hye appeared as a guest on Dingo's show How Was Your Night. She opened up about working with him in 10 years. She commented that she didn't think that she'd get a chance to work with him again but she got to reunite with him for this upcoming project. She also elaborated on the new drama and said that it is a healing romantic comedy and is relatable as it talks about themes of burnout and hard work. She also added that it is a drama that will depict overcoming a slump and relaxing.   :Fist1:

Top 12 Best K-Dramas About Heart-Fluttering Office Romance That You Should Add To Your Watchlist (2023 Update)

At times, office life can be draining with the amount of work that's needed to be done week after week. But for all the K-Drama fans out there, rejoice, because do we have the list for you! Nothing serves as a better remedy to dreary office life than a drama with heart-fluttering office romance. These dramas have everything; from small cubicle visits, after work dates, and the drop of professional jargon for sweet, romantic one-liners. You cannot help but feel a wave of butterflies swirl around your stomach after each episode.

For newcomers to the K-Drama community, check out these titles to find the right fit for you. For long-time fans, take a trip down memory lane by watching these dramas once again. But if there's a show you still haven't seen, add it to the top of your watchlist!

Note: This list is not a ranking.

9. "Strong Woman Do BongSoon"

Strong-Woman-Do-BongSoon-JTBC.jpg

JTBC

Cast: Park BoYoung, Park HyungSik

Summary: Do BongSoon comes from a long line of women who are born with superhuman strength. She dreams of developing her own video game. By chance, she is employed as the bodyguard to Ahn MinHyuk, the CEO of video game company Ainsoft. In BongSoon's neighborhood, a series of kidnapping cases occur and the two become involved. All while this is happening, Ahn MinHyuk begins to develop romantic feelings for Do BongSoon.

Watch Because: "Strong Woman Do BongSoon" is unique in that it mixes romantic-comedy with a splash of thriller. There are also sprinkles of fantasy with the use of superhuman strength. On top of everything, the chemistry between Park BoYoung and Park HyungSik will have you giggling to no end. It's a story of the male lead falling first for the strong (literally) and charismatic female lead. "Strong Woman Do BongSoon" is an iconic drama that you should watch at least once.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-10-best-kdramas-about-heart-fluttering-office-romance-that-you-should-add-to-your-watchlist/

• Love 1

8 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Park Hyung Sik is tall and handsome. He's always ready to steal my heart from across the screen every time I watch his dramas. He has this towering height and there's no denying that he is incredibly attractive. 183cm......  

He has long limbs (legs, arms, fingers). That particular trait makes his figure more stylized.

*** Ohhh...........it was his birthday yesterday, November 16.  :kisslevel:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, oppa!   :heart:

happy-birthday-with-luxury-balloons-conf

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** It has been four years since Park Hyung-sik last went to the Philippines for his first fan meeting in the country but, he still holds fond memories of his previous visit to the country, which he described as a "healing" experience. He said in an interview, "I remember the nice weather and the natural beauty of the country. The people were warm and friendly. The food was delicious. I remember there was so much to do in the country. It was both a healing and relaxing time for me." Filipino fans now have another opportunity to see him in the flesh as he is set to organize his "SIKcret Time" fan meeting at the Araneta Coliseum on February 17, 2024. He said, "I know my Filipino fans have been waiting for such a long time. Please wait for me. My wish is to be with all of you. I promise it will be worth it. 'SIKcret Time' will be most memorable for us." Given the opportunity, he would also like to visit Palawan and Boracay, two local destinations known for their beautiful beaches. He said, "I have not been able to [visit these places], but I wish I could go." During the interview, he was asked about the actors who inspire him, he named his close friends Park Seo-joon and Choi Woo-shik as well as his ZE:A bandmate Im Si-wan. He said, "Because they are very close to me, we can talk more deeply about acting. They influence me the most."   :ohboy2:

20231116-park-hyun-sik.jpg

source : ABS-CBN news

The Heirs' Jo Myung Soo to Happiness' Jung Yi Hyun: Reminisce birthday boy Park Hyung Sik’s iconic roles

From debuting as ZE:A's lead vocalist to The Heirs breakthrough and ongoing trailblazing performances, Park Hyung Sik emerges as a heartthrob in K-dramas. Celebrate his iconic roles as he turns 33.

67003911_copy-of-cms-lead-image-2.jpg

Key Highlights

• Park Hyung Sik celebrates his 33rd birthday
  • 7 must-watch Park Hyung Sik starrer K-dramas
  • Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye reunite after 10 years for Doctor Slump

Park Hyung Sik, marking his 33rd birthday on November 9, has been a prominent figure in the South Korean entertainment industry since his debut in 2010 as ZE:A's main vocalist. Commencing his acting journey with the 2012 SBS drama I Remember You, he's renowned for outstanding performances in beloved K-dramas such as The Heirs, Hwarang, Strong Girl Bong Soon, and numerous others.

Reminisce Park Hyung Sik’s ascent to the top

Born on November 16, 1991, in Gyeonggi, Park Hyung Sik is a South Korean actor and singer. He embarked on his entertainment journey after three years of training and debuted as the main vocalist of the South Korean boy group ZE:A with their first single album, Nativity, released on January 7, 2010. That same year marked his cameo appearances in a few television series like Prosecutor Princess, Marry Me, Please, and Gloria.

1700134155_zea_281209.jpg

Transitioning into theater, Park Hyung Sik initiated his theatrical career in 2011, participating in the musical Temptation of Wolves alongside Super Junior's Ryeowook. His acting career commenced in 2012 with SBS' special drama I Remember You. Hyung Sik, alongside fellow ZE:A members Siwan, Kevin, Minwoo, and Dongjun, formed the group's first sub-unit, ZE:A Five in the subsequent year.

His wider recognition came after his participation in the show Real Men in June 2013, earning him the endearing nickname Baby Soldier for his innocent yet passionate demeanor. Park Hyung Sik’s breakthrough leading role arrived in February 2017 in JTBC's Strong Girl Bong Soon, a rom-com which received critical acclaim and emerged as one of the highest-rated Korean dramas in cable television history.

Expanding his repertoire, he ventured into feature films, making his debut in the legal film Juror 8 in May 2019. His performance earned him the Best New Actor award at the 39th Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, along with nominations at the 40th Blue Dragon Film Awards and the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards for Best New Actor (Film).

Park Hyung Sik undertook his mandatory military service in June 2019.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7smlELlYWL/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=3deb5584-4637-4dc3-beec-a53293028f46

Post-military discharge in January 2021, he starred in the apocalyptic city thriller Happiness alongside Han Hyo-joo.

In October 2021, Park Hyung Sik took another step in his career by establishing his own management agency, P&Studio, as a subsidiary of his former agency, UAA, collaborating with his longtime managers.

These K-dramas simply prove how versatile Park Hyung Sik is

1. Heirs: Park Hyung Sik stars in this romantic comedy-drama as Jo Myung Soo, alongside a stellar cast including Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kim Woo Bin, and Kim Ji Won. Directed by Bu Sung Chul and Shin Hyo Kang, and written by Kim Eun Sook, this 2013 show spans 20 episodes. The plot unfolds in Los Angeles, depicting the reconnection of two teenagers from diverse social backgrounds.

2. High Society: This South Korean romantic drama highlights Kim You Jin, Sung Jun, Park Hyung Sik, and Lim Ji Yeon in key roles. With 16 episodes, directed by Young Hun Choi and penned by Myung Hee Ha in 2015, it follows Jang Yoon-ha, the youngest daughter of a wealthy Chaebol family as she navigates working at a food market despite her immense wealth.

3. Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth: Park Hyung Sik stars in another action comedy drama, Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth, alongside fellow stars Park Seo Joon, Go Ara, Choi Minho, BTS’ V and others. This multi-starrer 2016 K-drama is directed by Yoon Sung Shik. The storyline revolves around a group of male warrior youth known as Hwarang.

4. Strong Girl Bong Soon: Starring Park Bo Young, Park Hyung Sik, Ji Soo, and Jun Suk Ho in the lead, this South Korean comedy crime drama is directed by Lee Hyeong Min and written by Baek Mi Kyeong. The plot centers on Do Bong Soon, a woman with inherited superhuman powers, who is hired by a CEO upon noticing her powers.

5. The Juror: In 2019, Park Hyung Sik made his film debut with this one. The ensemble cast also includes Moon So Ri, Jo Han Chul, Seo Jung Yeon, and others. The film's storyline delves into South Korea's inaugural trial by jury in 2008. Park Hyung Sik’s performance earned him critical acclaim in his very first film.

Spoiler

6. Happiness: It's an action fantasy horror series, spanning 12 episodes. It stars Han Hyo Joo, Jo Woo Jin, Joo Hee Park, alongside Park Hyung Sik. Directed by Ahn Gil Ho and written by Sang Woon Han in 2021, this South Korean show unfolds an apocalyptic thriller narrative amidst outbreaks of infectious illness.

7. Our Blooming Youth: Starring Park Hyung Sik, So Nee Jeon, Pyo Ye Jin, and Jong Seok Yun, this historical drama showcases a mysterious storyline. Directed by Jong Jae Lee, it follows a prince's discovery of a book containing ghost stories.

Doctor Slump reunites Heirs’ Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye after a decade

Scheduled for a 2024 release, Doctor Slump marks Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik's first collaboration since 2010's The Heirs. This powerful pairing has generated significant buzz for the upcoming JTBC drama, with the actors jointly attending multiple events, heightening the anticipation among viewers. Directed by Oh Hyun Jong and written by Baek Sun Woo, the drama focuses on the romantic journey between two doctors.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/the-heirs-jo-myung-soo-to-happiness-jung-yi-hyun-reminisce-birthday-boy-park-hyung-siks-iconic-roles-1258913

*** The Wooga Squad friendship is really very strong. V, Park Seo-joon, and Park Hyung-sik attended the VIP preview of the Netflix movie “Believer 2” held at CGV Yongsan I’Park Mall in Yongsan-gu, Seoul on November 14th. “Believer 2” was directed by Baek Jong-yeol, who has worked with Park Seo-joon in the film “Beauty Inside” and in mainstream commercials with V. Pictures of the three have also spread to social media and various online communities. In the photos, V looked cold with a scarf up to his nose. He only showed his eyes, forehead, and head. Park Hyung-sik, who was next to him, was wearing glasses and a mask. Park Seo-joon wore a leather jacket.    :Ohboy3:

BTS-V-Park-Hyung-sik-Park-Seo-joon-11-11

105238402.jpg

source : https://www.timesnownews.com/entertainment-news/korean/bts-v-hides-his-face-as-he-steps-out-for-movie-date-with-park-seo-joon-park-hyung-sik-article-105237670

Wooga Squad's top 5 moments: Here's how BTS' V, Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik and others have remained besties

BTS's V, Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik, Choi Woo Shik and Peakboy; the Wooga Squad have been friends for years. Here is a quick look at their amazing bond.

737561670_wooga-squad.jpg

BTS' V, Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik, Choi Woo Shik and Peakboy make up the Wooga Squad. The mega stars have a bond that is unbreakable. V, Park Hyung Sik and Park Seo Joon met on the sets of Hwarang and have been friends since. The group has been spotted supporting each other multiple times in the past. Here is a quick look. 

1. V, Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik becoming friends on the sets of Hwarang

BTS member V made his debut as an actor with the historical K-drama Hwarang in 2017. Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik took the lead roles in the drama. The bromance between the three was palpable through the screen. More than the lead couple, fans were cheering on for the friendship that they were showing. Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik and V's characters were supportive friends in the drama. Choi Woo Shik and Park Seo Joon starred together in the hit romantic comedy Fight For My Way. Park Seo Joon also made a cameo appearance in Choi Woo Shik's Oscar winner Parasite.

Soon, the on-screen chemistry translated to real life. Eventually, Choi Woo Shik and Peakboy also joined the best friends group and Wooga Squad that we know today came to be. 

V along with Jin also sang an OST for the drama titled Even If I Die It's You. 

2. Wooga Squad edited Park Hyung Sik in photo

The Wooga Squad is as funny as they are loveable. In August 20119, the BTS member had posted photos of the friends' group enjoying a healing vacation together. Park Hyung Sik was fulfilling his military duties back then and hence could not join them for the trip. Amongst the pictures posted by the idol, one of them features Park Hyung Sik too. V carefully edited the picture and made it seem like the Strong Woman Do Bong Soon actor was also with them enjoying the moment. He captioned the pictures by writing, 'Wooga'. The intentionally sloppy editing was hilarious and touching at the same time. Later, Park Hyung Sik also revealed his original picture that was used for editing. 

3. Wooga Squad's surprise visit at Choi Woo Shik's fan event 

The Wooga Squad members made a surprise appearance at Choi Woo Shik's live fan meeting - A Midsummer's Night Dream in 2021. Choi Woo Shik even mentioned how Park Hyung Sik came right after filming for his zombie horror drama Happiness and conveyed his gratitude for making time for him amid his busy schedule. The members introduced what they were working on back then, as V mentioned that he was preparing for a July comeback and Park Seo Joon was working on Concrete Utopia. Choi Woo Shik also revealed that he had saved Park Seo Joon's name as Driver Park Young Gyu on his phone as there was a time when the Our BEloved Summer actor couldn't drive and Park Seo Joon used to drive him around. 

Hide contents

4. In The SOOP with Wooga Squad

The stars appeared in the series In The SOOP. It is a show in which HYBE's artists go for a healing vacation and spend time together. It was also revealed that V wanted to take a vacation with his friends and hence the others also agreed to join him. The members got to spend some quality time together and got even closer than before.

Fans had a deeper look into their relationship and how the dynamics play out between the members. The friends also took the time to express their love and gratitude for each other in the series. The show was titled In The Soop: Friendication. On the last day of the vacation, they all sat and expressed their feelings about the past three days that they spent together while eating good food and enjoying each other's company.

5. Wooga Squad's appearance in Peakboy's music video

In 2021, Peakboy dropped the music video for the track Gyopo Hairstyle. All the members of the Wooga Squad including V, Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik and Choi Woo Shik made a guest appearance in the fun and colorful music video. The friends showed their support for the artist and promoted his song. 

V, Park Seo Joon, Park Hyung Sik, Choi Woo Shik and Peakboy often take to Instagram and promote each other's work. The members also took the time and posted and uploaded stories on their social media accounts to give a shoutout to V's debut album as a soloist Layover which was released this September 2023. They also send coffee trucks on the film sets and mention one another whenever they can. This way, they are always in each others' lives and show their support. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxP5EUlhosj/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d074c612-54e9-4980-8931-98a3ee26656a

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/wooga-squads-top-5-moments-heres-how-bts-v-park-seo-joon-park-hyung-sik-and-more-have-remained-besties-1259288

• Love 1

Will the ‘Strong Woman’ series be born? “We have follow-up plans, but we are concentrating on writing other works” [Official Statement]

spacer.png

On November 20, JTBC's 'Strong Woman Gang Nam-soon' announced to Newsen about the production of a sequel to the series, "We have plans for a follow-up series, but we are currently concentrating on writing other works."

Writer Baek Mi-kyung is continuing the 'Strong Woman' series with 'Strong Woman Do Bong-soon' starring actress Park Bo-young, followed by 'Strong Woman Gangnam-soon' starring actress Lee Yu-mi. With both works being box office successes, expectations are high whether a follow-up series will be born.

'Strong Woman Gangnam-soon' is a global three-generation project in which a mother and daughter of three generations, who are naturally gifted with incredible strength, uncover the true nature of a new drug crime taking place around Gangnam. It airs every Saturday and Sunday at 10:30 PM.

Park Soo-in abc159@newsen.com

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/609/0000794235

*** On November 17, Kim Tae-heon, ZE:A's rapper gave an update on his life through one YouTube channel for the first time. He shared that he received heartwarming messages from the group's members following his recent financial difficulty. "They all sent me supportive messages. Park Hyung Sik messaged me, asking if I was alright. I told him that I was sorry for being a hyung who couldn't make him proud. His reply was, 'No, don't say that. You're the most awesome person in the world. Hwang Kwang Hee and Yim Siwan apparently cried while watching my interview. They told me that their hearts broke seeing me go through a hard time. Hwang Kwang Hee called me and said, 'I could tell that you worried about burdening us in any way by doing the interview, but I want to tell you that none of us felt that way. We're happy that you're doing well. And I personally want to thank you for staying positive. I got invited to Yim Siwan's movie in September as well. As it had been ages since the last time I stood in front of a bunch of cameras like that, it felt very awkward." Kim Tae-heon informed everyone that he is doing better these days.   :heart1:

source : SBS Star

*** Park Hyung Sik recently held his 2023 ASIA TOUR FAN MEETING “SIKcret Time” in Seoul on November 26 at YS24 LIVE HALL. Park Seo Joon, made a surprise guest appearance! While not every member of the Wooga Squad could guest at the fanmeeting, Park Hyung Sik gave a shoutout to V. Park Hyung Sik explained that V will soon be enlisting. So, the two met up for drinks ahead of V’s enlistment. Ohhh.............this is quite emotional, I feel sad. V is his little baby brother. We got to see this in the "Friendcation: In The Soop".   :kisslevel:

• Love 1

• ferily changed the title to ♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Upcoming Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

*** BTS’s V is set to enlist in the military soon. And I read that he applied under "Special Duty Team" in the military, which is directly under the Blue House. The team is known to have a strict application process and an even stricter training program. I'm not surprised why he applied in the force. Previously, his bestie, Park Hyungsik, also applied for the SDT. I remember he underwent his training in the Kangwon-do base then. To get a place in the SDT, one has to apply personally. If they pass the documents stage, they have to sit for a practical test.   :happydance:

g3aimHgiIRObbHggUALWTxHlNsW5WHwGrqhvRFWv

source : https://theqoo.net/hot/3021317329?page=2

Spoiler

Park Shin Hye, Park Hyung Sik, And More Showcase Perfect Chemistry At Script Reading For Upcoming Rom-Com

Park Shin Hye, Park Hyung Sik, And More Showcase Perfect Chemistry At Script Reading For Upcoming Rom-Com

Upcoming JTBC drama “Doctor Slump” is gearing up for its premiere!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) as they try to resuscitate their lives when they fall into a slump after only having followed successful paths. The two rivals who hate each other will reunite in the darkest period of their lives and become each other’s light, delivering smiles, excitement, and heartwarming comfort along the way.

“Doctor Slump” also marks the reunion between Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye in a drama for the first time in 10 years since their hit project “Heirs.” The drama will be helmed by director Oh Hyun Jong of “Find Me in Your Memory” and “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” and written by scriptwriter Baek Sun Woo of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim.”

Along with director Oh Hyun Jong and scriptwriter Baek Sun Woo, actors Park Hyung Sik, Park Shin Hye, Yoon Bak, Jang Hye Jin, Hyun Bong Sik, Yoon Sang Hyun, Oh Dong Min, Park Won Ho, Kang Sang Joon, Jung Ji Soon, and more were present.

doctor-slump-1.jpg

Already, Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye showcased fantastic chemistry at their reunion. Park Hyung Sik plays Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into the greatest slump of his life. Having been the top student of his entire school, Yeo Jung Woo attended the best medical school, and he became a star doctor with great skills and outstanding character. However, he gets pushed to the edge following a mysterious medical accident. Park Hyung Shik captivated with his portrayal of his character’s wide berth of emotions at the script reading.

doctor-slump-3-1.jpg

Park Shin Hye stars as anesthesiologist Nam Ha Neul who is experiencing burnout syndrome. Having been called a genius since a young age, she lived her life immersed in her studies. Even as an adult, she is a workaholic doctor, living a life without fun and without knowing how to do anything except study and work.

However, she suddenly resolves to change one day while looking back on her broken life. Park Shin Hye captivated with her passionate acting and realistic portrayal.

Spoiler

doctor-slump-4-copy-2.jpg

Yoon Bak will take on the role of the pretentious plastic surgeon Bin Dae Young. He has a one-sided sense of rivalry with the successful Yeo Jung Woo, who attended the same college as him, but he is also a figure who understands Yeo Jung Woo better than anyone else. Yoon Bak impressed by showcasing diverse acting that highlighted Bin Dae Young’s sincere yet slick personality.

Spoiler

doctor-slump-4-copy.jpg

Gong Sung Ha will play Nam Ha Neul’s best friend and anesthesiologist Lee Hong Ran who has been with Nam Ha Neul from her college days to her residency days. She becomes strangely intertwined with Bin Dae Young, who is similar to her despite the obvious differences. Gong Sung Ha was greatly in sync with her energetic character Lee Hong Ran.

Spoiler

doctor-slump-4.jpg

Furthermore, talented actors Jang Hye Jin, Hyun Bong Sik, and Yoon Sang Hyun will play members of Nam Ha Neul’s family. Jang Hye Jin plays Nam Ha Neul’s mother Gong Wol Sun, while Hyun Bong Sik plays Nam Ha Neul’s uncle Gong Tae Sun. Yoon Sang Hyun will take on the role of Nam Ha Neul’s younger brother Nam Ba Da.

In addition to the three, there is Oh Dong Min as Min Kyung Min, who is intertwined with both Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul. Yeo Jung Woo’s two friends will be portrayed by Park Won Ho, who plays Kim Mu Geun, and Kang Sang Joon, who plays Son Chan Young. Jung Ji Soon will play the role of a homeroom teacher.

Spoiler

doctor-slump-2.jpg

The production team shared, “[The story of] the resuscitation of happiness by Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul, who spent their most dazzling and most miserable moments together, and the romance that blooms within will deliver refreshing and heart-fluttering excitement as well as relatable warmth,” asking viewers to anticipate Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye’s reunion as well as the passionate acting from the cast.

doctor-slump.jpg

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1630060wpp/park-shin-hye-park-hyung-sik-and-more-showcase-perfect-chemistry-at-script-reading-for-upcoming-rom-com

*** Can't wait for JTBC’s "Doctor Slump" premieres next year on January 27 in the Saturday-Sunday slot. Awww... I miss Park Hyung-shik on the screen! Since I already know Park Hyung-sik is in it so, like, why would I need more info? Is Park Hyung-Shik and his "shaggy dog-bowl" haircut like this? We can hardly see his eyes here.   :Ohboy3:

*** BTS‘s V recently posted a series of Instagram stories, including a group photo with his “Wooga Squad” friends. As it is a few days before his upcoming military enlistment on December 11, it may be their farewell 'get-together".   :ohboy2:

OCB0CYW5d0bbIwU7BHwx28qBQU5MB2cLYFhc_Fth

TTcGFa_BS9ByqN4ikDMVIR7REOexnfYfUNRIXDz0

• Love 1