YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

Guest oNeStaR*

heyy guyss I need all of your opinions!! I recorded myself..singing over Park Bom's voice in the song, "Anystar" Feat. GD. Can you guys please tell me what you think? I really want to audition for YG...but I might not audition with this song. lol this is just a sample of my voice...i'll sing something else. But as of right now...I really need all of your opinions!! Please help me outtt!! Thank you all!! I loveeee yoUUUU!! hehehhe :):):)my sound click

I really can't find the instrumental to this song, so that's why I recorded over her voice. hehe tell me what you think please!! hehe

^^I can't hear your voice at all.

Ah wait, there it was a lil bit. xP

I'm listening to it right now. From what I can tell, which isn't much, you have a good voice. Maybe go for a song that you can find the instrumental to so we can hear your voice better.

Guest iSNT LiFE JUiCY

^^ you should have turned down the song so only you could hear it. even that isnt good enough...singing with the artist's voice is MUCH easier than doing it solo. why dont you try a diff song that has an instrumental or if you really like this song, sing it accapella. just skip GD's parts.

Guest oNeStaR*

heyy thank you chelsiko & iSNT LiFE JUiCY soo much for help giving me your opinions on this! hehehe ^^ I'll look again for the instrumental. And I'll re-record it. hahah thank you guys soo much for helping mee on this! I'll credit you all and soompi to the fullest on thiss!! hehe thank you ^^

this is really buggin me out... I'm only practicing too, btw... so my quality of recording isn't soo... PROFESS, if I may say so... hehehe...:lol:'''... anyways, HOPEFULLY, this is the last time I'll give the new link of my retarded song file.... HOPEFULLY... so you all won't have to hear my dreaded voice... despite what my cousin praises me of having a good voice, even when I haven't sung a single song properly since elementary/middle school.... anyways, here's the effin' link...:P...j/k...

DL Link...

if THIS doesn't work... HELP!!!!!! > <''...:P

also, I've got two other versions of this... I dunno y, but I do... I'm pretty picky, I guess... LOL... wish I wasn't so...^ ^;;

if you can tell, when you listen to it, I can't pronounce the words correctly and stuff... I tend to sound a little better doing it along with the singer's voice instead of doin' it accapella style...

anyways, tell me what chu you think about it!!!

~EDIT~

also, whenever I get the time, i'll post up a small part of me dancing, since that's what i'm gonna firsthandedly audition with for YG... then maybe singing, since singing comes first for YG... I dunno, I still got time, but my parents think (well, more like TOLD me, really) that I shouldn't be wasting my time with this stuff... the SM one was already enough and why should I go and try another when there isn't a chance that I might not even make it at all...<_<... so much for support...:P....I dun kare, i'm still gonna do it... W/O their permission, if I had to...^_^

Guest yongwonhi

^The file worked for me. It's not an MP3 file though, but if you want me to convert it to an MP3 for you, I can. ^^

I liked the beginning, but yeah, it seems like you said a few words wrong. I'm not Korean though, so uhh you probably shouldn't listen to me talk about pronunciation =__=; Mm, maybe also try to sing smoother? I get a feeling that's like... I dunno, it doesn't flow smoothly? You have a nice voice though, but remember, acapella is always better, because singing with the singer's voice is easier. Try an acapella? :] Your voice also sounds really familiar. Have you posted something up before? o_o

Just trying to help ^^

--lydia

Guest kimseo
heyy guyss I need all of your opinions!! I recorded myself..singing over Park Bom's voice in the song, "Anystar" Feat. GD. Can you guys please tell me what you think? I really want to audition for YG...but I might not audition with this song. lol this is just a sample of my voice...i'll sing something else. But as of right now...I really need all of your opinions!! Please help me outtt!! Thank you all!! I loveeee yoUUUU!! hehehhe :):):)my sound click

I really can't find the instrumental to this song, so that's why I recorded over her voice. hehe tell me what you think please!! hehe

I can`t critique you because I can`t tell if it`s you singing or Park Bom.

My only suggestion is probably sing louder WITHOUT Park Bom singing, and put more emotion.

I can`t say for 100%, (I was tuning out PB o_o) but from what I heard, you just sang it rather than sang it.

There was no OOMPH, no emotion.

I was re-watching BigBang`s documentaries today, and I realized that YG focuses a LOT on emotion, and also facial expressions.

If you have no emotion, you don`t have any potential. If you don`t have potential, well...I doubt they`re even going to consider you.

What I recommend is finding emotion on your singing, and more soul and power to it, but not so much that it sounds exactly like PB.

And sing louder, please. PB actually overcomes your voice, and hear more her than you.

Re-record it and then I`ll get down to the specific details.

this is really buggin me out... I'm only practicing too, btw... so my quality of recording isn't soo... PROFESS, if I may say so... hehehe...:lol:'''... anyways, HOPEFULLY, this is the last time I'll give the new link of my retarded song file.... HOPEFULLY... so you all won't have to hear my dreaded voice... despite what my cousin praises me of having a good voice, even when I haven't sung a single song properly since elementary/middle school.... anyways, here's the effin' link...:P...j/k...

DL Link...

if THIS doesn't work... HELP!!!!!! > <''...:P

also, I've got two other versions of this... I dunno y, but I do... I'm pretty picky, I guess... LOL... wish I wasn't so...^ ^;;

if you can tell, when you listen to it, I can't pronounce the words correctly and stuff... I tend to sound a little better doing it along with the singer's voice instead of doin' it accapella style...

~EDIT~

also, whenever I get the time, i'll post up a small part of me dancing, since that's what i'm gonna firsthandedly audition with for YG... then maybe singing, since singing comes first for YG... I dunno, I still got time, but my parents think (well, more like TOLD me, really) that I shouldn't be wasting my time with this stuff... the SM one was already enough and why should I go and try another when there isn't a chance that I might not even make it at all...<_<... so much for support...:P....I dun kare, i'm still gonna do it... W/O their permission, if I had to...^_^

My computer just decided to be stupid, so I could only listen to your beggining.

So I can`t really critique anything.. :/

Here`s the begginning :x

The begginning (the slide) was kinda...awkward sounding. o_o

The adlibs in the beggining had no emotion. :x I know PB sings them with feeling..and you just talked it.

Well...

When my computer decides to become normal again, I`ll gladly critique the rest. :)

Guest Smileforjessie

does anyone have the annoying kind of thing were you sing to urself and you hear clearly and stuffs but then when u record and u listen to the recording your voice sounds totally different?

>< im having this problem right now, argh....

^ as long as you know how to control and make it sound good, i dun think it would be a problem

unless , the voice doesnt turn out to be as good as you hear b4 recording and u dun like that voice then it will bug ya a lot :P

i had that problem

not so much tho, my voice was different a lil bit. but it went away. i dun have that problem anymore

my voice changed a lot

Guest .ice.fate.

hey guys

new to this topic

got a quick question, it's probably been answered before....but after reading like 10 pages and not finding the answer I figured I might as well ask again and not read the other 47....haha.... :P

does YG accept email or online applications? Or do we have to mail the stuff in?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Guest Smileforjessie
^ as long as you know how to control and make it sound good, i dun think it would be a problem

unless , the voice doesnt turn out to be as good as you hear b4 recording and u dun like that voice then it will bug ya a lot :P

i had that problem

not so much tho, my voice was different a lil bit. but it went away. i dun have that problem anymore

my voice changed a lot

ohh ic !

so like you practiced alot then? like singing for a while everyday by yourself?

^The file worked for me. It's not an MP3 file though, but if you want me to convert it to an MP3 for you, I can. ^^

I liked the beginning, but yeah, it seems like you said a few words wrong. I'm not Korean though, so uhh you probably shouldn't listen to me talk about pronunciation =__=; Mm, maybe also try to sing smoother? I get a feeling that's like... I dunno, it doesn't flow smoothly? You have a nice voice though, but remember, acapella is always better, because singing with the singer's voice is easier. Try an acapella? :] Your voice also sounds really familiar. Have you posted something up before? o_o

Just trying to help ^^

--lydia

yeah... I kinda had a feeling that something was missing... I just kinda didn't know what... maybe I'll try acapella some other time tho... not all that great...:P... I haven't been singing since middle school, so all those times I had to sing over and over in choir class and so on has been erased from my head... do I have a nice voice??? I though I stunk....LOL.... and no, I haven't posted up before, this is my first time... thanx!!!

this is really buggin me out... I'm only practicing too, btw... so my quality of recording isn't soo... PROFESS, if I may say so... hehehe...'''... anyways, HOPEFULLY, this is the last time I'll give the new link of my retarded song file.... HOPEFULLY... so you all won't have to hear my dreaded voice... despite what my cousin praises me of having a good voice, even when I haven't sung a single song properly since elementary/middle school.... anyways, here's the effin' link......j/k...

DL Link...

if THIS doesn't work... HELP!!!!!! > <''...

~EDIT~

also, whenever I get the time, i'll post up a small part of me dancing, since that's what i'm gonna firsthandedly audition with for YG... then maybe singing, since singing comes first for YG... I dunno, I still got time, but my parents think (well, more like TOLD me, really) that I shouldn't be wasting my time with this stuff... the SM one was already enough and why should I go and try another when there isn't a chance that I might not even make it at all...... so much for support.......I dun kare, i'm still gonna do it... W/O their permission, if I had to...

My computer just decided to be stupid, so I could only listen to your beggining.

So I can`t really critique anything.. :/

Here`s the begginning :x

The begginning (the slide) was kinda...awkward sounding. o_o

The adlibs in the beggining had no emotion. :x I know PB sings them with feeling..and you just talked it.

Well...

When my computer decides to become normal again, I`ll gladly critique the rest.

ahhh... ok... that's alright.... yeah, like I said ^ there... I kinda had a feeling that I was off... but I just didn't know what... it's kinda funny how I can tell when someone who's singing is off and has no feeling to it, but I can't even tell my own VOICE from it either or whatever... LOL.... thanx tho!!! can't wait for the rest....

now.... SOOMI!!! when are you gonna critique me soon?!?!?!?!....:lol:...

Guest oNeStaR*
hey guys

new to this topic

got a quick question, it's probably been answered before....but after reading like 10 pages and not finding the answer I figured I might as well ask again and not read the other 47....haha.... :P

does YG accept email or online applications? Or do we have to mail the stuff in?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Noopeee, YG does not reply back to online emails..neither does his administrators..kinda sucks huh? ahah

Guest cindy-yang
AHAH!!!! I got it to work again!!!! this time, I've redone it... hopefully, it WORKS this time... I think I've done better this time around too... my cousin told me so... I dunno... let's see what you guys think!!!!!

Clicky click!!!

~EDIT~

GRRR!!!! it ain't working again!!!1... I dunno what's wrong now... Oh well... I guess for those who wanna hear who I song (even tho you can still Park Bom's voice in the background and my pronounciation is off and stuff), you'll have to DL it... sorry about that...

DL link

hmm i think that youre good but i cant tell if its you or park bom. you seem top have a nice strong voice which i lack so jealous lol. but again its kind of hard you hear you from park bom

There was no OOMPH, no emotion.

I was re-watching BigBang`s documentaries today, and I realized that YG focuses a LOT on emotion, and also facial expressions.

If you have no emotion, you don`t have any potential. If you don`t have potential, well...I doubt they`re even going to consider you.

What I recommend is finding emotion on your singing, and more soul and power to it, but not so much that it sounds exactly like PB.

haha :X. i noticed that even when i hum songs [i have no talent at singing;;;....>>; it's absolutely atrocious! lol] ....i get madddd facial expressions. and then i look at someone's perf and go like ":X they have their eyes open sometimes and are usually not overflowing like crazy on the facial expressions". >>; i keep closing my eyes tightly for some reason =_=;; and going all *eyebrows coming together as if thinking hard* and going all :(:D:):w00t::o:tears: or something dramatic like that.

and it's HUMMING [offkey] im talking about. i kind of laughed and thought that i would look reallyyyy funny to someone watching me hum XDD;;;...especially if the sound wasnt on puahaha.

butttt back to the point. *cough* yeah. it is good to show a lot of soul, power, emotion, facial expressions.

._.'' park bom....in some of her perfs. with BB...people criticized the way she seemed to be a stiff doll on the stage with no emotions whatsoever. :/...i mean, i know she's debutting as a singer not singer+dancer but they still need to have that emotion you know? ^^.

Noopeee, YG does not reply back to online emails..neither does his administrators..kinda sucks huh? ahah

i think they just don't reply to online applications, not emails...because a while ago one of my friends emailed YG Ent. and got a reply back from the admin. o_o...but it wasnt about auditioning or anything. but i think it's highly unlikely that they'll email you whether it be related to auditions or not. ^^. you have a better chance of sending it by mail ^^.

now.... SOOMI!!! when are you gonna critique me soon?!?!?!?!....

huh????

i dun remember who you are -_- too many soompiers on mah IMs

but yea...here it is

u should turn it down when you sing so we can hear you better.

you started off okayy

your voice IS strong but theres not much vibration.

there wasnt emotion. and you mispronounced sum words. it seems like you dont know the lyrics well or can't keep up with the speed of the song so sumtimes you were mumbling.

sumtimes u sounded a lil bit kiddish

you were off key sumtimes. try to sing it smoothly.

good try tho :)

=====

i got new clips, plz critique

ANYSTAR

thnx :)