YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

^ YG is different from most other companies because they DON'T go for looks... they look for talent... trust me, you could be the most gorgeous person they ever audition but if you don't have one ounce of talent or even promising talent, you won't get signed by them...

they don't discriminate on race... and if you're not fluent in korean it's okay cause they'll help you with that... as far as age, i'm not too sure...

*Gonie

Guest juicyjin

well from what i've heard...YG does accept any non-koreans, yu do not need to speak korean fluently...im sure they'll get a tutor for yu...teddy and danny of 1tym did not speak korean fluent and now they speak it very well :) , i think age matters depending on yer skills...like if yer 13 and yu got alot to work on then thats okay b/c yu got time to work on it but if yer 18 and yu got alot to work then thats bad...get wa im sayin? ;) image does matter...i mean hip hop has to suit yu...like yu cant be lookin like DBSG in YG...kno wa im sayin?

i think age matters depending on yer skills...like if yer 13 and yu got alot to work on then thats okay b/c yu got time to work on it but if yer 18 and yu got alot to work then thats bad...get wa im sayin? ;) image does matter...i mean hip hop has to suit yu...like yu cant be lookin like DBSG in YG...kno wa im sayin?

i'm 13, and my main thing is dancing.

i sing too, but i like dancing better.

if you're not exactly trying to get in by singing, do they train you later?

Guest juicyjin

^ yu have to be able to sing...if yu cant reach notes or keep yer breathe and things like that, they will most likey train you...yu could pursue in back up dancing if yu like dancing alot better...i heard that gong minji (yg trainee) was scouted by YG b/c of her dancing...so i guess anything is possible? :sweatingbullets:

^ yu have to be able to sing...if yu cant reach notes or keep yer breathe and things like that, they will most likey train you...yu could pursue in back up dancing if yu like dancing alot better...i heard that gong minji (yg trainee) was scouted by YG b/c of her dancing...so i guess anything is possible? :sweatingbullets:

ohhh, i mean, i can reach all the notes, and i can hold my breath and everything, but i have more fun dancing. if you audition, do they expect you to become a singer?

i do want to be a singer, but i don't like my voice, haha.

ohhh, i mean, i can reach all the notes, and i can hold my breath and everything, but i have more fun dancing. if you audition, do they expect you to become a singer?

i do want to be a singer, but i don't like my voice, haha.

i say u audition for both

since u can sing AND dance

why not try both?

i know u have more fun dancing

dancing is always fun

but...if u do both u get better chance like they know that ur capable in diff stuff

not just one thing u know?

and u might find singing as fun as dancing

and u will start to like it more

u never know

^ That'll be awesome....post what? lol

okay okay back to Yg fam lol

how long do they train you for? Like, they train you for awhile but they let you be featured in a song or two?

until they think your ready.

haha featuring only happens to some lucky few. lols.

even may doni hasnt ever featured (i think... _)

wait.. confustion.. lol..

soo YG does accpet non-koreans? (like perry??)

&

it's okay if you DONT know korean/isnt as fluent?

DO they care for age? like SM? i'm effing old (18. :( lol)

&

are they as hooked up on looks as SM is? & weight? & image?

I'M GUESSing for image it really depends on them for what market they want you to go into. but look??? i know they want a good looking artist but if u are really goood looking but dont have a lick of talent then you WONT be in YG in the first place, right??? unless they changed the rules then idk...lol

I'm sorry for the bombing of all qustions but i would thank youu sooo much for answering them, lol, i'm more of an SM expert xP lol. THANK YOU!!!!

im sorry but these questions have been answered numerous times already.

but i'll answer and hopefully no more ask cuz it gets really repetitive.

YG does accept non-koreans, but probably prefers koreans.

you dont NEED to be fluent at Korean but you should still know it well enough to understand and speak even if you may not be great at it.

i dont THINK they care, but like most companies, the younger the better since you have more time to train and stuff

but lets say you're amazing and ur 18 [cuz well u said u are] and u dont need that much training.. they'll probably take you. ^_^

YG is NOT hooked up on looks lols. i think they're really known for that. but u have to be decent enough that people will be able to look at you. [as in there is still looks counted but its veryy minor. they dont want someone who might be hard to look at and no one will want to look anyways so yea.]

good looking + no talent = haha dream on.

Yumi - if you prefer dancing then audition for dancing as your main thing. and then also show them that u can sing. it'll make them want you more if u are talented in more than one area ^_^ show them all you got and dont hold back!!

Guest Ella_Kwan

THANK YOU GUYS!!! You guys are very cool for answering the same qustions over and over again!!! THANK YOU!!!

I hope all of our dreams come true but we all MUST work for it!!!

Even tho. i'm 18 and that might seem old to the companies

but now i'm taking a year or less to do all i can...

More like train my self so when i audition

& hopefully get in as a trainee then they wont have to train much on me...

My friend goes like "wow you're soo determined" lol

I'm 18, 19 korean age, chinese & american.

I speak canto., dont write it nor read it... lol...

I fiugure that if i do what they are going to teach me & do it now,

It save me time & it gives me more of a chance to get in.

I sing, i', learning to break & pop.

I'm learning korean now & Mando.

be/c whats the point of having a chinese trainee if she dont know chinese, lol...

See now thats my plan & i hope it all works out, lol...

I gotta work on being accpeted as a trainee first... lol...

I hope you all try you best so you will NEVER have any regrets!!! FIGHTING!!! & THANK YOU AGAIN!!! :)

^ Very determined lmao <3

Thass` a good thing: D

until they think your ready.

haha featuring only happens to some lucky few. lols.

even may doni hasnt ever featured (i think... _)

im sorry but these questions have been answered numerous times already.

but i'll answer and hopefully no more ask cuz it gets really repetitive.

YG does accept non-koreans, but probably prefers koreans.

you dont NEED to be fluent at Korean but you should still know it well enough to understand and speak even if you may not be great at it.

i dont THINK they care, but like most companies, the younger the better since you have more time to train and stuff

but lets say you're amazing and ur 18 [cuz well u said u are] and u dont need that much training.. they'll probably take you. ^_^

YG is NOT hooked up on looks lols. i think they're really known for that. but u have to be decent enough that people will be able to look at you. [as in there is still looks counted but its veryy minor. they dont want someone who might be hard to look at and no one will want to look anyways so yea.]

good looking + no talent = haha dream on.!

agreed 110% :D

If you have talent and decent looks, I`m sure they`ll take you in regardless of age.

Look at Big Mama. =D

Hm, but I was wondering...

What if you`re 13, have potential talent, and decent looks? :P

That`s my question.

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

but at least he got better then like yrs ago

poor Danny hahaha

i remember he said sumwhere on w.e magazine or website "i'm having a hard time pronouncing and speaking KOrean" :P

i can make one

and me, u and amy can kinda take care of it first

then if anyone wanna join then they just do and if others wanna post it on here then its all good

gurl,...u and amy....

no more myspace....2 is enough k?

i will go crazy if u guys make the 3rd ones o.O

O.o i thought danny was/is pretty good with korean...

hey got the YG group thing~you got it~~(myspace)

LOL i know i know i deleted the other one i created~so bye bye second myspace!

LOL i know i know i deleted the other one i created~so bye bye second myspace!

so wut the heck now?

i invited u on ur new myspace o.0

or is it the old one

w.e u got the link

its in my signature :P just add it :P

HEY GUYS

I GOT 2 SHORTS CLIPS UP ON SOUNDCLICK

CLICK HERE

im sorry if i hurt ur ears

plz gimme sum feedbacks

i would really appreciate it

thanks~

What if you`re 13, have potential talent, and decent looks?

13 is still older than 12

i heard from people that Gong Min Ji was 12 when she danced in the clip on youtube

thats totally awesome

ur young, u learn new things quicker and u have plenty of time to improve

but of course u gotta work hard but then...its good

but for me, im kinda a bit disagree on ages <13

13 and up is good

i dunno thats just me

hahaha

HEY GUYS

I GOT 2 SHORTS CLIPS UP ON SOUNDCLICK

CLICK HERE

im sorry if i hurt ur ears

plz gimme sum feedbacks

i would really appreciate it

thanks~

I think you`re pretty good, Soomi unni. : D

But you sound a little tense when you sing. Like you put pressure on your throat :x

If you add more vibrato, it`ll sound wondafoool` : D haha <3

Other than that, you sound great. =]

I think you`re pretty good, Soomi unni. : D

But you sound a little tense when you sing. Like you put pressure on your throat :x

If you add more vibrato, it`ll sound wondafoool` : D haha <3

Other than that, you sound great. =]

haha

u call me unni - that makes me feel old

i have so many dongsaeng deul than oppa deul and unnie deul combine

anyways

thanks for commenting

i will keep that in mind :)

Guest yeahjusmeh

^ LoL how old are you soomi? =]

Question:

Can I change a poppish song to R&B? because my voice does not whatsoever sound poppish haha its more r&b and I wanna change Jang Nara's Sweet dream and make it more r&b ish and low. Can I? Or do they not want that?

thanks.

^ LoL how old are you soomi? =]

Question:

Can I change a poppish song to R&B? because my voice does not whatsoever sound poppish haha its more r&b and I wanna change Jang Nara's Sweet dream and make it more r&b ish and low. Can I? Or do they not want that?

thanks.

im 15

i think it would be great if u sing a song in a totally diff style

esp when it YOUR style

i think its a good idea and they might really like that :)

Guest yeahjusmeh

^ oh cool haha thanks soomi =D I was thinking about singing that and a tashannie song. And an english song too making it 3 different style songs. But their probably gonna cut me off right after the first song =_= haha

^ oh cool haha thanks soomi =D I was thinking about singing that and a tashannie song. And an english song too making it 3 different style songs. But their probably gonna cut me off right after the first song =_= haha

u mean public audition?

for public audition i say u just prepare 2-3 songs , if they ask to sing another song then u do but i dun think they will let u sing 3 diff songs for a public audition

for demo, u can do that :P

omg i really want to get into YG now... but ima go for Bros ent. first... >.< my voice is to shaky at times does anyone know a way were i can stop this????

Do you get nervous? o_o;

I kinda doubt its forced vibrato..

Maybe you sing so soft, it gets shaky. It happens...

You`re probably nervous or something. o_o;;;

Only way to solve that: Be more confident.