YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

haha hi~~

u recognize my name haha thanks~~

no prob

ur amy's friend :)

and to icecreamcooky7, bros ent trains you first so you can give a better impression to yg or whatever entertainment you audition for...pretty much. ((lol thanks soomi))

aha no problem kayla

I think we should all put up a clip of singing and dancing so we can all help each other improve.. I would, but the only one I have on this comp is an OLD clip and I don't have a working microphone either!

very cool idea

if all of u have myspace in here we can make a group on myspace call "YG auditioners" or w.e like that...

then we can make our own threads for each person and help each other out

i think its more organized but if u guys think post here is simpler and faster then its all good just an idea to share with ya

but,, isn't it better just trying-out entertainments without going to Bros. ent.

well like u told me bros ent gives better impression but,,

idk,, hmmmm,, interesting,,

k thanks for the info

Its not that its better

Brosent is just an easier way cuz the train u b4 they send u off to Korea for the company that wants u

but if u have confident that u can get in if u audition directly u can give it a shot

you can't really tell about this

New clip from me...

But firstly..

1. I'm 17, and my voice doesnt sound like my age. Too kiddy

2. Its a 39 sec clip

3. The clip is echoey. Bear with it.

4. I dont think YG wants this voice. But oh well. Comments?

Here it is: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.c...;songID=4707222

hi shay

first , i love ur voice its very cute haha

u go off pitch sumtimes but its alrite

u can fix that in no time

second, sorry to say it again , ur voice is too cute for YG

SM might sound better for you.

but hey...u dun suit YG doesnt mean its the end of the world

like i said, dun give up...i will support ya all the way

ttyl~

Guest hmaster

if all of u have myspace in here we can make a group on myspace call "YG auditioners" or w.e like that...

sorry for interrupting the conversation, but isn't there already a place where you can upload clips to help each other out?

It's called "soompi performers section" and all that's required is a soundclick or dmusic or even a myspace musicians account and provided you're willing to just show that part of yourself, you can get really really good feedback.

seems strange you'd go to all that length just to set up something that's already done.

I think you`re blocking your nasal cavity (?) or whatever it is, when you sing. ^^;

Like...you stuff up your nose and sing with your throat, giving off a nasally sound. D:

Sorry to break it, but YG does not want those kind of voices. (Goes for everyone)

YG loves girls with R&B type of voices..like soulful and deep. Ya` know?

that's what i'm worried about with my voice. i don't know if my voice sounds r&b type, but i betcha it doesn't.. haha. i'll try to practice more on an r&b sound..

I really hope I get into YG through bros.. Getting into YG was my dream ever since I was 11. Now i'm 14, and I think I have talent. I can sing high notes and also low notes, and singing comes easier to me than a few people I know. I dont wanna brag cause Im sure a lot of people in this thread is a billion times better than me. blush.gif But after I saw MayDani's dance clip on youtube, I think I need to improve my dancing a little.

LOL same here! i think i do have talent.. i can hit high notes and low (but not too too low >< but i can still do low). i can sing pretty easily, i get the scales right. and yeah, i don't want to brag.. lmfao. i haven't seen may doni's clip yet, i'm kind of scared to. lols! i'm trying to practice dancing but it still sucks for me.

sorry for interrupting the conversation, but isn't there already a place where you can upload clips to help each other out?

It's called "soompi performers section" and all that's required is a soundclick or dmusic or even a myspace musicians account and provided you're willing to just show that part of yourself, you can get really really good feedback.

seems strange you'd go to all that length just to set up something that's already done.

i think thats also the best place to get feedback.

but some people seem really shy about posting up on soompi, but then i again people who wish to audition for w/e company shouldnt be afraid to get whatever feedback so hmm... lols

that's what i'm worried about with my voice. i don't know if my voice sounds r&b type, but i betcha it doesn't.. haha. i'll try to practice more on an r&b sound...

then maybe you should try out for a diff. company if you dont think it sounds R&B

but sometimes you cant always be the judge for yourself because well usually peopel are very critical with oneself. maybe post a clip up?

Cutiegirl303 - you've definitely improved. but the feel you gave to the song seemed more upbeat than the sadder atmosphere it is actually given. haha it sounds a bit like u do have a cold ^_^. some words were yea not very well pronounced, but your voice sounds quite powerful. more emotion good job. hmm sometimes your off pitch but its not terribly off. i think this has been a much better clip. pretty good i see potential lols keep practicing <3 but its great that your improving!!!

i have another question.. ha. -.-

does YG care if you can't speak korean?

i heard they accept different people,

i'm korean, but i'm not fluent in the language. =/

i think u misread my post

but its okayy

i said that we can do that on myspace so its easier to keep track and more organized since all people in there are in YG thread

but then if people just wanna post it on soompi then its fine

since this thread is in Performers section and i've posted 2 threads with my singing b4

i think i know wuts Performers section is for :)

dun worry

Danny [aka Taebin] was bad at Korean

but look at him now

hes fluent now :)

Guest CutieGirl303

Hahha ur like mee im korean but i cant speak it fluently like my mom but im really good for a person born in america hmmm i think i heard that g-dragon wasnt good at korean at first either than he imporved while he was training~ hehe i hoped that helped

Hahha ur like mee im korean but i cant speak it fluently like my mom but im really good for a person born in america hmmm i think i heard that g-dragon wasnt good at korean at first either than he imporved while he was training~ hehe i hoped that helped

sPark*=haha YAY I IMPROVED but i was never really into singing i just like started 3 months ago Hahah is that a good thing???

Guest CutieGirl303

^ i thought g-dragon was born in korea. his english pronounciation isnt that great.

hmm maybe i heard he was from LA and his korean isnt 100% great cuz like when hes talking he cant get the words out quickly like it gets stuck or something and sometime his korean doesnt make sense hehe~

ahhh another question. =/ i'm new at this ha.

when sending in your tape, it's just a regular tape?

i'm going to use my dad's videocamera (kind of old =/) and it records onto a small tape i think. are those okay?

and, is the tape all you send in? Where can i get the application?

Guest back-sue

ahhh another question. =/ i'm new at this ha.

when sending in your tape, it's just a regular tape?

i'm going to use my dad's videocamera (kind of old =/) and it records onto a small tape i think. are those okay?

and, is the tape all you send in? Where can i get the application?

Or you can do a CD in a NoRaeBang ( Kareoke Room )

Guest yongwonhi

hmm maybe i heard he was from LA and his korean isnt 100% great cuz like when hes talking he cant get the words out quickly like it gets stuck or something and sometime his korean doesnt make sense hehe~

i'm pretty sure GD is from korea... haha. unless i completely missed something. o_O maybe you're thinking of danny (taebin)?

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

i think being famous is a dream of most kids and teens and even older people have at least once in their life.

ive never really harbored dreams of becoming famous when i was younger.

ive always loved/enjoyed singing and dancing. [although i cant dance lols i loved watching dancers mostly breakdancers]

and after i got into kpop singing has become a big major huge lols part of my life

i never really felt i could become famous because my mom always says u have to be insanely pretty to be famous blah blah blah. [although i always argue thats not always the case]. i never had vocal lessons blah blah all that dump and more kept me from even dreaming of becoming famous. [yup it never crossed my mind]

i just recently began to feel the want to audition for companies (only been like 1 year_) . Global SM auditions was a sort of catalyst. now i really really want to audition for YG most of all. maybe BrosEnt. but i think YG is the only company i am 100% willing to train with.

i dunno many people around me that would support me in this dream [i think my bffs would but thats about it] since i do well in school and my other track is to become a dermatologist or surgeon or odiologist lols basically medical area... i doubt my parents would want me to give up that road. =/

but i really wanna do something in the entertainment buisness and the only other thing i find appealing is opening up my own company but first i would need to be a crazy rich money-leaking fountain (which im not_).

so i guess my dream of becoming famous hasnt been in existence for a long time, but yea.. haha i feel i would regret if i dont audition for YG at least once. (hopefully more than once_) im determind to audition and if i do get in (BIG 'IF') i will definitely work my butt off.

i hope to get help from soompiers on here. [i need to start recording again lols... been too busy.. lazy... haha all that noise]

and i am willing to help anyone who wants any.

good luck to everyone <33

good results might not always come right away, but if ur meant to succeed, it will eventually come.

dont give up hope, but dont kill yourself over it either.

i agree with you-thinking bout being famous at one point...

^^

thanks for all your help and advice to the ppl in this thread~

------------------------------------------------------------

Bout Danny-he wasnt really good at korean? woa didnt know that...and im also sure that GD is from korea-someone made a thread about him-that they knew him and that person confirmed tat he never went to america before (ahem, of course, now he has-YG concerts) but this thread is closed

sPark*=haha YAY I IMPROVED but i was never really into singing i just like started 3 months ago Hahah is that a good thing???

yes uve improved. i guess i was really vague in my comment before. u still need to use less of your throat and more of ur stomach, [but singing is a combination of both since u cant be amazing if you only use one or the other... well from what ive heard haha i could be wrong] but yes you've improved. i think you dont use as much throat as before, but its still a lot. but better going somewhere than being stuck in one place forever. i think u sound pretty good for someone who's only been singing for 3 months. keep working on it.

^ i thought g-dragon was born in korea. his english pronounciation isnt that great.

im pretty sure he was

i agree with you-thinking bout being famous at one point...

^^

thanks for all your help and advice to the ppl in this thread~

------------------------------------------------------------

Bout Danny-he wasnt really good at korean? woa didnt know that...and im also sure that GD is from korea-someone made a thread about him-that they knew him and that person confirmed tat he never went to america before (ahem, of course, now he has-YG concerts) but this thread is closed

danny is still not great at korean and hes wayy more comfortable with english.

i heard that GD mightve stayed in LA for a little while, but maybe not lols.

i think it was his first time in america, but hmm... dunno lols.

if you live in korea, your korean will improve a lot since you'll be speaking the language constantly.

thats mostly the case with languages, the more you use it, the better you get at it.

Guest icecreamcooky7

very cool idea

i think its more organized but if u guys think post here is simpler and faster then its all good just an idea to share with ya

Guest CutieGirl303

i heard that GD mightve stayed in LA for a little while, but maybe not lols.

i think it was his first time in america, but hmm... dunno lols.

if you live in korea, your korean will improve a lot since you'll be speaking the language constantly.

thats mostly the case with languages, the more you use it, the better you get at it.

hmm ya thats probably it cuz i knew GD had something to do with LA but im not sure~ yea and thats true just being around korean parents makes u learn korean really fast cuz i know this girl she korean shes adopted into an american family and she cant speak korean at all and the weird thing is...she doesnt even want to know anything about like she doesnt even want to know who her real mother is or wat korea looks like or anything~

danny is still not great at korean and hes wayy more comfortable with english.

but at least he got better then like yrs ago

poor Danny hahaha

i remember he said sumwhere on w.e magazine or website "i'm having a hard time pronouncing and speaking KOrean" :P

that is so good idea~~

we should do that!!

doens't u guys think so??

make our soon myspace!!

that's so AWESOME!! IDEA!!

i can make one

and me, u and amy can kinda take care of it first

then if anyone wanna join then they just do and if others wanna post it on here then its all good

gurl,...u and amy....

no more myspace....2 is enough k?

i will go crazy if u guys make the 3rd ones o.O

Guest The Legend

^ That'll be awesome....post what? lol

okay okay back to Yg fam lol

how long do they train you for? Like, they train you for awhile but they let you be featured in a song or two?

That'll be awesome....post what? lol

yo i made the group

ya...u know it ahaha

about the yrs

i remember sumone said its 4 yrs

but i dunno anything about it

Guest Ella_Kwan

wait.. confustion.. lol..

soo YG does accpet non-koreans? (like perry??)

&

it's okay if you DONT know korean/isnt as fluent?

DO they care for age? like SM? i'm effing old (18. :( lol)

&

are they as hooked up on looks as SM is? & weight? & image?

I'M GUESSing for image it really depends on them for what market they want you to go into. but look??? i know they want a good looking artist but if u are really goood looking but dont have a lick of talent then you WONT be in YG in the first place, right??? unless they changed the rules then idk...lol

I'm sorry for the bombing of all qustions but i would thank youu sooo much for answering them, lol, i'm more of an SM expert xP lol. THANK YOU!!!!