[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

just watch finish The Throne by Yoo Ah In. ;an excellance acting performance... but i still don't wish MBC take YSH to follow the footstep of Thr Throne on how they portray Sado. because in the end Sado is shown to be mental, and even in his rage killed and bebeaded a Eunuch... and they even shown Sado to be most of the time hysterical, and weiding sword... and engaged in some mad-fun-ritual inside a tomb-cave...
pls jaebal, MBC. don't let YSH goes that way. i rather he throd the path of how Lee Je Hoon portray Prince Sado in Secret Door.

for those who don't want to blindly follow YSH as just a star-. but will try to understand his role.  try to watch Secret Door as an introduction. just few ep in the beginning and few in the ending.... you will understand how hard YSH has to take this role, to goes against what majority history books would write Sado. and give Sado a worthy witness.

Sado may very well be YSH's Signature Work, even way before than Missing You and Warriror BDS...  but few things must happen first:
1) Words: but the writernim got to write a very honest but touching dialogue and lines, esp write some very deep moving dialogue, write Sado character well with dignity. i expected good solid dialogues and good voice over, good words in OST. wording
2) Chemistry:  chemistry between teh OTP must be genuine and so good until fans started to ship YSH and KSH, not just OTP chemistry, but YSH chemistry betwene himself, and his body guard, between YSh and his best friend-subjects must be convincing.
3) Tears: while we know YSH is a prince of tears... i really hope this drama show him, breaking thru' , since everyone know he can cry very convincingly, so its even harder to break out of that expectation.. hope he bring us higher to an even celestial top notch ating of portraying Sadness and weeping scenes.. let his acting be worthy of Daesang. Let his sadness-scenes be a very layered self-controlled, very suppressing, very soffocating, very self-destructing inner wasting away... that kind of Sado,,, not the =Sword welding Sado... MBC i am looking at you, don't given us the typical Sado, YSH can do a better Sado than anyone... infact he can do the Best Sado. don't waste Yoo.

sorry, deep thoughts after watching The Throne. am still in chasing Post-Goblin mode.. so will only finsih Goblin then i will be back .

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/8/2017 at 1:17 PM, faye406 said:

Lee Sun with the queen and the king..

@faye406 your picture of Choi Ji Na was quoted as acting as Jung-jun ? can anyone give some info on Choi Ji Na roles, i don't think she is YSH's mom in drama.
Sado's mom is

the bad civil very young Queen,  Queen Jeongsun that schemed against prince Sado, was a very young queen around Sado's age, which married King Yeongjo when he was very old. But she has the backing of Noron factions and trying to even assassinate Late Prince Sado's son Jeongjo. After Yeongjo's first Queen consort died, she become the Queen, supposed to be very pretty, Choi Ji Na fixed the bill as been very pretty. i will really hope Choi Ji na can be the evil queen. the Evil Step-Mother-Queen must be someone look very simple and kind and pretty, but very smart and evil and ugly heart insdie.
will. She departed from the policy of the late King, enforcing the Catholic Persecution of 1801 and favoring the Noron Byeokpa faction. (cr.wiki) so did Yeongjo's rein, was very anti catholic. (quote from wiki. " Yeongjo was the first to take action against Roman Catholic activities in the country. By the 18th century, Catholicism was beginning to acquire a following especially in the Gangwon and Hwanghae provinces. In 1758, Yeongjo officially outlawed Catholicism as an evil practice. ")

Sado real maternal mother is " Royal Noble Consort Yeong of the Jeonui Lee clan ", anyone knows the name of this real mother of Sado? is Choi Ji Na's character really Sado's mom? from what i know, his mom also has to 'sink' sado at the right crucial time to secure her own clan and Sado's son (Jeongjo), so did Sado's wife Lady Hyegyeong was known to be a child marriage to Sado. Having no passion as in real love, so Lady Hyegyeong, also saved her own skin and her son's life, and give up saving Sado.

wonder who is Choi Ji Na acting as?

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/16230637_599847480222493_2226519696310534144_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQ0NTQwODUzODQ1NjYzMzA5OA%3D%3D.2

1 hour ago, maryofbethany said:

@faye406 your picture of Choi Ji Na was quoted as acting as Jung-jun ? can anyone give some info on Choi Ji Na roles, i don't think she is YSH's mom in drama.
Sado's mom is

the bad civil very young Queen,  Queen Jeongsun that schemed against prince Sado, was a very young queen around Sado's age, which married King Yeongjo when he was very old. But she has the backing of Noron factions and trying to even assassinate Late Prince Sado's son Jeongjo. After Yeongjo's first Queen consort died, she become the Queen, supposed to be very pretty, Choi Ji Na fixed the bill as been very pretty. i will really hope Choi Ji na can be the evil queen. the Evil Step-Mother-Queen must be someone look very simple and kind and pretty, but very smart and evil and ugly heart insdie.
will. She departed from the policy of the late King, enforcing the Catholic Persecution of 1801 and favoring the Noron Byeokpa faction. (cr.wiki) so did Yeongjo's rein, was very anti catholic. (quote from wiki. " Yeongjo was the first to take action against Roman Catholic activities in the country. By the 18th century, Catholicism was beginning to acquire a following especially in the Gangwon and Hwanghae provinces. In 1758, Yeongjo officially outlawed Catholicism as an evil practice. ")

Sado real maternal mother is " Royal Noble Consort Yeong of the Jeonui Lee clan ", anyone knows the name of this real mother of Sado? is Choi Ji Na's character really Sado's mom? from what i know, his mom also has to 'sink' sado at the right crucial time to secure her own clan and Sado's son (Jeongjo), so did Sado's wife Lady Hyegyeong was known to be a child marriage to Sado. Having no passion as in real love, so Lady Hyegyeong, also saved her own skin and her son's life, and give up saving Sado.

wonder who is Choi Ji Na acting as?

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e35/16230637_599847480222493_2226519696310534144_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQ0NTQwODUzODQ1NjYzMzA5OA%3D%3D.2

Hello I am new to this thread :D (I made an account for it.)

btw I was curious because everyone seems to be quite sure that the Lee sun in this drama is going to be prince Sado but was it officially announced yet? 

Because a lot of the facts don't really seem to match up, I read the character chart and in the interview itself it said that KSH/ Han gaeun would become Jeungjon (Queen) later on but if she were Sado's wife (Which is unlikely since her name is completely different from Lady Hyegyeong) she would never become queen herself but go from crown princess to queen dowager. And plus there was never a queen of the Han clan in Yeongjo's era. 

1 hour ago, bluroses said:

btw I was curious because everyone seems to be quite sure that the Lee sun in this drama is going to be prince Sado but was it officially announced yet? 

Because a lot of the facts don't really seem to match up, I read the character chart and in the interview itself it said that KSH/ Han gaeun would become Jeungjon (Queen) later on but if she were Sado's wife (Which is unlikely since her name is completely different from Lady Hyegyeong) she would never become queen herself but go from crown princess to queen dowager. And plus there was never a queen of the Han clan in Yeongjo's era. 

@bluroses earlier at this thread, we came across this issue before, someone mentioned and provided proof that indeed he is Sado. and GaEun is a woman he loved, but never became a Royal Noble Consort.
so far his most famous Consort, is Lady Hyegyeong (author of that famous Diary), of Pungsan Hong Clan, which was the mother of the future king Jeongjo (Yi San, one of the best king of Joseon.)
then, he also has 2 other consorts, Royal Noble Consort Suk of Buan Im Clan, and R.N.C. Gyeong of Park Clan.
GaEun is not a consort we guess. maybe and likely the interview or reports write wrongly.

but officially, it was never officially states that he is 100% Sado.. that's why i was looking into Yoon So-hee as Kim Hwa-gun ?
i half expected Yoon SoHee to become Lady Hyegyeong, who later on choose to desert him, to let go of him to protect her son Yi San (future Joengjo) and her clan against teh aggressive Noron faction.

so, i can't be 100% sure about the sado identity too. so i kept questioning. and was looking at Choi Ji na name, she is neither Sado's mom name which is Consort Yeong of Jeonui Lee Clan, Sado mom is never a queen, just remain a consort, lower than the evil Queen Jeongsun of the Gyeongju Kim clan , which we believed has a hand in giving power to the Noron who wants Sado dead.

so lets wait for official annoucement of Sado's identity. or you can back read what some chingus here proven.

On 13/02/2017 at 1:01 PM, bluroses said:

@bluroses forget to welcome u to this thread. welcome to be the subjects of this ill fated Ruler (almost).

i have just edited my post, just now was posting in a rush, completely a mess.. pls read again:

regarding Kim SoHyun's character? one thing is sure, she is not Lady Hyegyeong, which is the lawful Wife, (and never ever turned a Queen, because Prince Sado never become King and died young, leaving behind Hyeogyeong, which i guess he never really loved.) back earlier in the thread, i wrote someithing on Hyegyeong, and am finding the 'evidence' that someone provided to say YSH character is Sado.
but Kim SH is surely not Lady Hyegyeong, she should be the One True Love that was never recorded in history.

A) for Lady Hyegyeong,
Lady Hyegyeong's Diary in Eng Sub (provided by courtesy of AuroraM:)
https://www.uploady.com/#!/download/n~z6TYUNXI6/RJG1OGjtta7x_CqI
see spoiler, for some notes on Lady Hyegyeong, and the Kdramas related to her:

Spoiler

B).  On Sado, From here onwards, here and  at spoiler under it:
the rice box (replica) that Sado died in:

Spoiler

AuroraM mentioned that this should be Sado, see this at soompi:

Spoiler

C) Regarding GaEun: Gerry Tan has some excellent finding about Lee GaEun. see below 3 articles:
1) allow me to quote from Gerrytan's post: "Translate from Chinese text
Su Chik Yi Clan (assuming that her given name is Lee Ga Eun). She was a palace maid & received the effectual sign of grace from Jangjo (Crown Prince Sado was posthumous name as Jangjo given by Emperor Gojong in 1899 since he was a descendant of Crown Prince Sado from the lineage of Prince Eunshin ( 은신군, 1755-1771), 2nd son of Crown Prince Sado borne from Royal Consort Sukbin of Im clan)" quoted from Gerrytan's article in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gerrytan mentioned this about the meaning of "Sado'"

" 思悼 世子 in chinese exactly means to commemorate a late beloved one. "

There is a 1998 MBC drama  대왕의 길 – Path to Great Dynasty (MBC, 1998).  I bought this DVD because there was an actual portrait of Choi Sukbin feature in the drama 

It is good watch somewhat dry than the present trend of historical drama...that portrays the political adversaries between Yeongjo & Crown Prince Sado. Crown Prince Sado had too big a shoes to fill & the high expectation & standard of his father

As for Lady Hyegyeong, she chose her son over her husband, therefore her memoirs maybe dismissed as Noron Propaganda but her writing does give you an insight how rigid & decorum palace life is in Joseon Dynasty.

2) " In the 15th reign of Jeongjo (1791), Jeongjo learn that in the capital of a destitute old lady who lived in seclusion" (this old lday is none other than GaEun.) pls see article below by Gerry.
from gerrytan's article, allow me to quote:
" It was learn that the old lady was a palace maid in the reign of Yeongjo, enter the palace at the age of 10 & received the effectual sign of grace from Crown Prince Sado at 15 years in 1760 (36th reign of Yeongjo, which means she was born in 1745), however in 1762 (38th reign of Yeongjo) Crown Prince Sado was force to death by his father, she was expel from the palace & therefore lived the next 30 years of her life in such downtrodden & kept her virtues & fidelity for Crown Prince Sado"
received the effectual sign of grace might pretty well meant what really meant as in "the Consummation of marriage" really meant... which means GaEun really become the Prince's woman in real physical sense, before he was sentenced. and she remained his woman till her death, even remarry as she went exiled out of palace.
gerrytan's article quoting from this soure:
https://translate.google.com.sg/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://vip.mk.co.kr/news/view/21/20/1092563.html&prev=search

Spoiler

gerrytan should be the encyclopedia that i look for when come to historical stuff, and here, you go at spoiler, one last stuff about Sado,
3) Gerry's articles on what exactly is Pyunsoo HweA:
" This is an article of water management for drinking & culinary in Joseon Dynasty, this may be an insight to the monopoly private enterprise to control water sources"... Pyunsoo Hwe could be a powerful guild that control the water carriers  who are paid premium price to bring water from many mountain stream outside to the homes in the cities & towns "
see article below at spoiler:

Spoiler

oh, what about what other Kdrama that are related to Sado, see following spoiler:

Spoiler

@AuroraM  @gerrytan8063 sorry, BOTH of you awesomes, summon you to finalized, so will  YSH character be confirmed as Sado. any official hints?

articles that related to Sado or Gaeun:
수칙이씨지가 (守則李氏之家) or  `수칙이씨 (守則李氏)`

Spoiler

1) one last article , towards to unfavouristism view towards Sado; totally put Sado in bad light, see article below:
http://madmonarchs.guusbeltman.nl/madmonarchs/sado/sado_bio.htm

2) https://translate.google.com.sg/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://blog.daum.net/happpyk09/18300079&prev=search
title:
Love [MK scent of history] `rules Lee (守則李氏)` |

breaking News: today 13 Feb, (Sado, 13 February 1735 – 12 July 1762 ) back 282 years ago, today was he borned.

@maryofbethany

"  summon you to finalized, so will  YSH character be confirmed as Sado. any official hints? "

Le us take the drama in its face value when it is broadcast

@bluroses

" it said that KSH/ Han gaeun"

There is a historical character by the name Lee Ga Eun is based on in historical records during Jeongjo reign which had association with Crown Prince Sado, I had mentioned in previous post in page 9.... just have to look back at the earlier back pages @maryofbethany had tag the said page in her above post under one of her hidden content 

I have a feeling that this drama will take the dramatic licensing & liberties approach using historical character & totally defer from history record all together, just like the drama Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds (Crown Prince Yi Yeong in the end becomes King, change his history background slightly while in history Crown Prince Hyomyeong Yi Yeong didn't ascend the throne although he was posthumously was investiture the title King Munjo) & look at the ratings soaring in for the drama. If I was doing the  production, I will want a selling formula on ratings than stand on historical accountability. Viewers want entertainment & not history lessons

Maybe this drama, Crown Prince Sado as presumed or he might just be known as Crown Prince Yi Seon in the drama & will not have go through the historical tragedy that will befall on him. Therefore one doesn't need to lament what the ending of the drama.

19 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@maryofbethany

"  summon you to finalized, so will  YSH character be confirmed as Sado. any official hints? "

Le us take the drama in its face value when it is broadcast

@bluroses

" it said that KSH/ Han gaeun"

There is a historical character by the name Lee Ga Eun is based on in historical records during Jeongjo reign which had association with Crown Prince Sado, I had mentioned in previous post in page 9.... just have to look back at the earlier back pages @maryofbethany had tag the said page in her above post under one of her hidden content 

I have a feeling that this drama will take the dramatic licensing & liberties approach using historical character & totally defer from history record all together, just like the drama Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds (Crown Prince Yi Yeong in the end becomes King, change his history background slightly while in history Crown Prince Hyomyeong Yi Yeong didn't ascend the throne although he was posthumously was investiture the title King Munjo) & look at the ratings soaring in for the drama. If I was doing the  production, I will want a selling formula on ratings than stand on historical accountability. Viewers want entertainment & not history lessons

Maybe this drama, Crown Prince Sado as presumed or he might just be known as Crown Prince Yi Seon in the drama & will not have go through the historical tragedy that will befall on him. Therefore one doesn't need to lament what the ending of the drama.

@gerrytan8063 all dramas has to take some liberties to make romantic lines, or 'evil-ize' some villains into Big Time Evil, or create pretty female lead out of actually look normal main historical characters... making a normal dull relationship into One-True-Love Huge Romance.... that's the way to sell drama... i won't be surprise Sado will be widely diff from the normal Sado we see... but hope it don't take too much dramatic licensing and twist the Major distinguish events. i guess for me. the anguish sad ending is soemthing they better don't dilute away. and YSH is not "pretty-idol-boys", he can't shine in "fluffy moon or clouds" or "flower-warrior-dance" or "super-heroes-saeguks' kinda manhwa pretty saeguks.
i guess, to go into the Melodrama historical genre should be the route MBC goes, against all the flower-boy and manga or magical time travel stuff... then MBC's Ruler can stand out against the Sea of 'pretty' Saeguks that soar high ratings....
after all, when it comes to Yoo Seungho, don't sacrifice his talent for high ratings.
oh, plz don't do as what you said, just be known as Crown Prince Yi Seon, which is hinting at being Sado, yet not officially proven it is him... 
and there are still some serious viewers that truly don't mind "history lessons" which is what make Dae Jang Geum and DongYi and Yi San or Painter in the Wind or Ballad of the Seodong (ballad of the Prince) so successful. i kinda miss all these good old honest takes that don't venture into mysterious fantasy take of history.
please they want another Moonlover or Moonlight or Hwarang, i think they should just settle for some other actors. and not YSH. i was actually disappointed with Saimdong Light Diary, such a good show yet they must add in magical stuff. mind you, i am watching Saimdong, Hawrang, Rebel HGD, i am a saeguk drama lovers. liked Moonlover and Moonlight for the awesome actors and actresses, and the awesoem heart breaking love stories, but i cannot identify with the plot.

pls make a different, with Ruler. since we have Yoo SeungHo, MBC you have an Aces Card with you, are you not dying to beat KBS and SBS for once again?

add-on: may roll back into my bat-cave for hiatus, maybe see u Ruler's subjects when the show going to air. maybe fangirling not my cup of tea.

till today..we still do not know about the exact roles of each character due to lack of information, exposure and language barrier (to me especially) but I have to agree with @maryofbethany about the plot line.. I want RULER to bring back the same style of previous old sageuk drama.. instead of doing some fantasy and cheesy love story, please go for historical.. MBC should really use YSH and KSH abilities to the fullest. 

50 minutes ago, faye406 said:

till today..we still do not know about the exact roles of each character due to lack of information, exposure and language barrier (to me especially) but I have to agree with @maryofbethany about the plot line.. I want RULER to bring back the same style of previous old sageuk drama.. instead of doing some fantasy and cheesy love story, please go for historical.. MBC should really use YSH and KSH abilities to the fullest. 

@faye406 i have always talked enough of YSH, just let me speak for KSH, i do have something to say about her since Goblin. there are some who ask why her character has this flaws or that, why ask the brother to die, why don't ask the brother to escape.... no, i sorta see Lee GeEun's image in this Goblin's Queen Kim-Sun image. thanks God i got to see how KSH do her Kim Sun, i have confidence that she is the Right Choice for the GaEun character, and not any "Idol-actresses"!
i liked to see KSH goes "Cold / Clever / Courageous" in creating a character which so far she can carries pretty well. Not many idol-stars of her age can mixed a salad pot of "Cold + Clever + Courageous" nicely, without fixing in a silly dose of "Cute and Candy"....
.. up till now, there are NO Idol-actresses that can deliver that kinda of coldness with class / Wit / courage at such young tender age... of cause we can find it in the older actresses... but none of the younger idol stars who are so prompt to acting cute, can never KSH that kinda of Cold-stares,... she can do something like a Solomon figure to YSH, i was watching Goblin, she kept appearing every now and then in the "ex-life" figure of the Second Main Lead there at Goblin (Sunny's ex-life, as Queen Kim Sun.). wow.. you can felt her evolved from pure girly innocent charms, then to fear and disappointment to her first-love (King Wang Yeo) been manipulate and lost himself, showing her desperation while the Young King drifted further away... finally, the valour to die, facing impending death, to encourage her brother to do the right thing, not to admit to false accusation of being marked and died as traitor and goes down history as someone that shamed the Family-clan,, she lead the First Death among her family-clan... while the arrow striked her chest... she fall without surprised. some say why KSH's character, the Queen, willing to sacrifice the whole family clan to die, and so foolish knowing when Brother-Goblin walked toward the King, everyone may just die... yet to her, she believed the whole family clan esteemed her Brother as the Pride of their clan, the hero taht blessed their family name. to have someone like her Brother died as traitor and marked in history, is unthinkable, so what is life, when Honor is at stakes. i can identify Lee GaEun to a trace of Queen Kim Sun here.

such, was what introduced to me when i drool Goblin: the abilities of KSH. i just need her, NOT to be given sweet "princess or angelic" roles, just goes Cold and Clever and Courageous, in the midst hiding her real helplessness in falling for her family-enemy, the prince Sado.
GaEun faced a different stages in life> First of cause she started her life with the usual Cute and naive brought up in a well-respected educated family.
Then, she has to be super Cold with hatred and vengeance, upon her world collapsed when family fall apart as dad died. want a herioine that not just blindly fought for vengeance but to right and earn back the honor of her father.
Next she will have to be Clever enough to plot her vengaance. not just blind assassination, i want a GaEun that can show some wits in fooling even the imperial guards, and managed to get close enough to Prince Sado's territeries. i wanted to see interesting and clever ploting of her steps in solving some mysteries around dad's death.
Finally, i need her to wake up to realised the truth, and take Courage to put her personal hates and vengeance aside to face that the 'World' need this prince that is willing to goes against the tide and against his rigid and selfish and coward Dad-king. and she need to have Courage to put her personal grudges aside and say no to those who forced her to kill the Prince. and finally, courage to live on in memories of the Prince who everyone slanted and blamed as 'mad or murderer"...
be a GaEun is not easy.
Cold, Clever, Courage, Caring... and care not that her name is not written in history related to Sado, or at least been thrown outside the palace, and not recorded with Sado, not even as one of his Royal Noble Consort. i am sure Sado will be Yoo's signature drama for years to come. maybe GaEun is KSH's also?
(ssgghhh.. i said i want to go hiatus, and i jsut wrote long nonsense again. sorry.)

Hello everyone.. i am excited to see what's in store in this sageuk drama. Can't help but look forward on how Yoo Seung Ho played his version of Sado while the other Yoo (Ah In) did a very remarkable cinematic role.  

On the side note I am hoping for a possible happy ending albeit the purpose of L's fake Sado role. 

17 hours ago, chewii said:

Hello everyone.. i am excited to see what's in store in this sageuk drama. Can't help but look forward on how Yoo Seung Ho played his version of Sado while the other Yoo (Ah In) did a very remarkable cinematic role.  

On the side note I am hoping for a possible happy ending albeit the purpose of L's fake Sado role. 

@chewii hahaha. LOL. what u mean? lemme see... means the drama reveal a Hidden Secret well kept all these years.. that the one who died in the Rice Box is his 'decoy-fake-prince", the "L" actor? But if L sacrificed for Sado, it will really make his fans loved him more for become the Hero that saved Sado... no major Channel Stations has the moron mind to incur wrath of kpop fans by making their Kpop actors act as someone that caused bad ending for their h
huh, L-fans don't get mad with me, just joking here... just suddenly think of this, if MBC want to do something surprising and outreaches, they may just introduced this "Dark Hidden Secret of the Century".But fans, don't scold me, beause i believed MBC won't do something deviate from the widely accepted history.

i just watched finish Yoo AhIn;s The Throne 2 nights. ago, as in a whole drama... not just clips from YouTube.
well, Yoo Ah In is indeed a very excellent actor, But he displayed such hopelessness.. and went hysterical oft times. .. he's really shown the widely known version of how Sado supposed to "lost it".

but i actually hope Yoo Seungho take will be justifying that all this widely perceived 'truth' is not the real truth...  think Yoo Seung Ho can bring forth the completely normal and sober Prince, been wasted awayn as he tried to save his subjects by protecting the water sources and supply, but end up been a victim of factions fighting  and king-dad's insecurities.,.. I JUST CANNOT think and visualized YSH acting as a Mad and hysterical and disillusioned  Sado swinging Sword to cut off Eunuchs heads. i rather see YSH in all his clear consciousness, fighting alone in pain and think and plan and plead and kneel and cries until he was sent into the Box. i don't want to see YSH took the usual history and dramas takes that say Sado is how bad how bad... i cannot 'unseen' a YSH as a mad prince, mad prince is an easy way out to explain away the tragedy of Sado.

This is a little off topic from Ruler but it has to do with Kim So Hyun. I love how she is an ugly crier! Is that mean to say? It is, but when she cries, she looks genuinely sad/upset, or whatever emotion she is pulling off, and I love that about her. I watched other actresses and I feel like one of their weak point in acting is crying. Some of them cannot cry and it's frustrating to see that sometimes. Anyway, we all know Yoo Seung Ho can cry lol. As usual, I'm really looking forward to the drama!

i honestly just want to thank everyone who updates daily and those who give information. if it wasnt for this forum i honestly would not know a thing about this drama, from the start you have all provided everyone with great information so i want to say thank you and happy late valentines 

17 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@maryofbethany

If this drama is schedule in May, I will not be following this thread. I am going on a 10 weeks study tour to Europe & will be subjected to connectivity availability 

@gerrytan8063 oh- ommoo.... that will be sad.. really. because i actually thought you will liked this, because even as majority of us here are here simply because of loving and supporting YSH or KSH or L... but i think among some of us, a small group will like Ruler basically because it is a Honest and Good Saeguk drama... and i know you are one of those who wanted and appreciate a more honest delivery of historical Saeguk. be sure to watch on your own after your study tour finish by July? i just read this will be a 20ep right. Europe server should be fine? but i know you need to concentrate on studies. no worries.

CONCLUSION AFTER WATCHING 3 SAEGUK-DRAMAS FOR WEEKS, REGARDING RULER:

i actually is a simple saeguk lover, based my 'limited knowledge' of their histories thru the drama i seen, and i seen tons and tons of saeguk since more than 10 yrs since younger age. i loved saeguk since a child.
present few years saeguk reach a height with those "Scholars who walked night", "Moon Lover S H", "Moonlight DBC"... all goes along manhwa style, at least they are acted mostly by real actors/actresses (not idols), but nonetheless, lesser stick to honest historical info (like i missed those old times ones: Dae Jang Geum / Dong Yi / Lee San Wind of palace / Painter of the wind / Ballad of Seodong...etc. i loved all these not fantasy or comic/manhwa / flowerboys style).

Gerrytan, did you watch these few right now, even now airing those few i watched all of them with my family nightly on cable TV during our usual late dinner and after dinner..., none of these present saeguk goes the old 'Dae Jang Geum way":
1.Saimdang Light Diary: still with fantasy as ex-life memories, and reincarnation-theory.
2. Hwarang: basically flower-boy drama just like stated by the title.
3. Rebel HGD: also has super powered Super Hero in Hong Gil Dong himself, fantasy again. but the Best of all now.
4. coming ones: The King Loves is basically the Best couple-grouping of Kpop idol-actors combination. should be nice, since both are seasoned artistes.
5. coming One: My sassy girl: rom-com. (if it is supposed to mirror movie my sassy girl mixed with saeguk...no comment.)
6.coming one: Bride of the Water god: manhwa. (nuff said)

7. Ruler: my Own/One/Only Saving grace for 2017's Saeguk! honest Melo-historical drama. MBC better don't fail me, because they are blessed with 2 awesome actors/actresses that can challenged any seasoned actors/actress of 30 yrs old...

sorry, gals, i couldnt help repeating few times the comparison between the few saeguks this year, i was waiting for the few that aired right now before i make another comments.. guess by now i can make some conclusion. was very anxious because a lot of saeguks will be fighting together.
Ruler after all has the Best package.
if you are real Yoopies who loves YSH or you loves KSH, you will be drawn in to Ruler.
if you are looking for good acting skill by any actors, even if you are not a fan, you can be satisfied and be drawn in Ruler.
if you are looking for good historical saeguk, you will be drawn in to Ruler.

so i hope in the end, Ruler can draw in real saeguk lovers, like you @gerrytan8063 and the rest also.

Archived