[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

wow,,, if the DB staffs ARE excited. then we have good reasons to be happy, given that that May slot has fierce competition, with Beware thisWoman and My Sassy Girl... if GirlFriday or Javabean jump in to recap, i will  be very happy.
happy to see Sakura2016 my old friend.

cr. 69_trends

hi chingu!! thank you and I'm happy to see you again too!! :D 

as I know Beware of This Woman is the drama in real competition with Ruler being in the same timeslot but others are on different timeslots but anyways I believe Dramabeans will recap this and others dramas as well :wink: though don't know if Javebean or Girlfriday will be the recapers of this drama or not!! :) 

since i was here when at the Genesis of this thread.
may be i sound off everyone here first, what to expect during the airing of Ruler.
put on your full armour, "loyal-subjects" of the Ruler.

Mon-Tue
Third Rate My Way (Park Seo Joon, Kim Ji Won): May 8: KBS
My Sassy Girl (Joo Won, Oh Yeon Seo) : end May: SBS
Lookout (Lee Si-young, Kim Young-kwang): 15 May: MBC
Circle (Yeo Jin-goo, Kim Kang-woo): May 22: TvN
My Secret Romance (Sung Hoon, Song Ji-eun): Apr 17: OCN

Wed-Thu
Ruler: Master of the Mask (Yoo Seung Ho, Kim So Hyun): May 10: MBC
Seven Day Queen (Yeon Woo Jin, Park Min Young): May 31: KBS
Suspicious Romance (Ji Chang Wook, Nam Ji Hyun): May 10: SBS

Fri-Sun
Chicago Typewriter (Yoo Ah-in, Im Soo-jung): Apr 7: TvN
Man To Man (Park Hae-jin, Park Sung-woong): Apr 21: JTBC
Dual (Jung Jae-Young, Kim Jung-Eun): OCN

Cr. C (found this from C, at Dramabeans, C on one of the drama, Suspicious Romance, mentioned the above, and i do a little editing only, most of infor is from her.)

(edit add-on: have some doubts about certain dramas, since dates are diff at diff sites. so which means the date of some are questionable, so do accept my apologies if some of the dates are wrong, eg. My Sassy Girl date, some say End of May, some say June... there are other drama's date not clear too.)

Arghhh, Ruler vs Suspicious Romance!! This is a rating warss!

I also like JCW, but... But... I'll stick with Ruler all the way!

Ruler, fighting! :)

PS unrelated to ruler, but I'm also kinda of looking forward to KSH to be JCW leading lady in an action, suspense, thriller packed drama/film hihi maybe after JCW's enlistment. BTW, congrats to Nam Ji Hyun :)

32 minutes ago, maryofbethany said:

@MiAmour oh goosh, you found the purple tongue eunuch from Goblin, so Kim Shin didnt killed him?
hahah. sorry, my goblin-fever still no over yet. happy that  purple tongue eunuch is here. must be playing creepy evil man again. hahah.

Goblin? 

aww srry i dont had idea bout that whole drama, since i dropped it in the half of eps lol :sweat_smile:

Other wise that guy, i mean Kim Byung Chul is also in Tunnel drama (which i currently watching) :D

Good news for Taiwan fansss :) !!!

Cr standbykimsohyun

Cr youaremylovesohyun 

They did the script reading two times? Bec in this pic, they have a diff clothes from the first script reading pics.. Just wondering

For those asking for Seungho's signature cap during script reading, here you gooo.. Hihihi

I'm just happy that our otp seems close already, sohyun is doing the v sign here so that means she's quite comfortable with the others :)

18 minutes ago, akausagi said:

Prettiest thing I saw at the moment :wub:

@akasusagi . dear, thanks for THAT> nothing beats having all 4 together in one IG. esp our YSH don't owned an IG account.
yes, all 4 are pretty.
something want to share this.
as you all know, and i am open about it, i am also fans of the other 2 dramas' casts, namely JiChangwook and ParkMinYoung. so i am considered waiting on death roll, waiting to be slaughtered by the sleepless nights and moody days.

when i googled the other two dramas info, i came across lots of fans comparing the 3 dramas that will in the end fight on same timing. and just a little happy news for you all. lots of dramabeans fans, ( and u know Dramabeans is BIG in recap-world, as in everyone looks to Dramabeans for authentic info and solid true report, and really inspiring reports, when they say something is good, everyone say it is good, most of the time,)

and the fans (not the recappers) were saying good things about Ruler. As in Ruler seems to be lauded as a good production, and many has confidence in mostly the Two Casts. As in some even say, they don't know about the other dramas, but at the moment for sure they will jump in for Ruler. Those fans may NOT be in Soompi, likely not. but many people lurks into Dramabeans and depend on DB comments. so lets be happy. that in midst of heavy war looming. Ruler still can stand as a Giant, or One of the Giants in that list i posted in early posts.

means Yoo Seung Ho and Kim SoHyun does carry very heavy weights that is way not proportion to their age, its their acting skill been acknowledged!!!!!  (not to belittle the 2 supporting ones. but the weigh is now on the 2 leads.)

45 minutes ago, aineofcebu said:
Good news for Taiwan fansss :) !!!

Cr standbykimsohyunCr youaremylovesohyun 

They did the script reading two times? Bec in this pic, they have a diff clothes from the first script reading pics.. Just wondering

For those asking for Seungho's signature cap during script reading, here you gooo.. Hihihi

I'm just happy that our otp seems close already, sohyun is doing the v sign here so that means she's quite comfortable with the others :)

@aineofcebu haha . nooo.. i am more greedy. i am waiting for them to do the "heart-sign" together. not just finger hearts.
. i duno what you call that, the one that one of the OTP do the left side of the heart. , the other OTP do the right side of the heart.

2 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

@aineofcebu haha . nooo.. i am more greedy. i am waiting for them to do the "heart-sign" together. not just finger hearts.
. i duno what you call that, the one that one of the OTP do the left side of the heart. , the other OTP do the right side of the heart.

@maryofbethany yesss I'm also looking forward to that pose .. But dunno if they will really be doing that.. Maybe on the press conference..

For now, let's satisfy ourselves with fan edits, I don't know how to do editing so I'll do researching and appreciating fans efforts :)

Cr standbykimsohyun 

Gosh, Yoon So Hee received a lot of negative comments about her acting on the Naver article. I hope both she and L really improve, not hope but like I really want them to improve, but it's not an easy thing to do.

And the Wed Thu dramas in May is like a war of ex-partner LOLs. Ji Chang Wook - Park Min Young - Yoo Seung Ho - Nam Ji Hyun, and all the dramas sound pretty nice and interesting too. Hope all three do well! 

1 hour ago, lilac95 said:

Gosh, Yoon So Hee received a lot of negative comments about her acting on the Naver article. I hope both she and L really improve, not hope but like I really want them to improve, but it's not an easy thing to do.

And the Wed Thu dramas in May is like a war of ex-partner LOLs. Ji Chang Wook - Park Min Young - Yoo Seung Ho - Nam Ji Hyun, and all the dramas sound pretty nice and interesting too. Hope all three do well! 

how come Knets already critics them since the drama even not started yet?

omg knets these days :confused:

Archived