[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

31 minutes ago, perfectlyimperfecttrooper said:

Posting again after ages of lurking. 

Finally, teaser is out and I murdered the replay button already. All hail to The Queen! :heart:

Couldn't help but notice how uri LJG started liking photos from 12:00 KST. Was he waiting for his queen's teaser to be posted on her IG? 

I hope she posts the teaser on her IG too so somebody can hit that heart icon already! :blush:

wow hahahaha hmm hope she posts a part of her teaser soon so we'd see that...

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:
  Hide contents

the tea cup and the house giving me mlshr feels, in a modern day haesoo/hajin...

Agree with u,uri princess cant move on from MLSHR

And look she is waiting someone,

• Like 16

hmmm a gift for who?

Finally using the 'multiple' option hahaha

By the way, Ji Eun's MV reminded me of Hae Soo waiting for Wang So during Yo's reign and also in the last episode at Jung's house... huhuhu

the album i think like said in producer's interview will be high in quality and many mv will be produced from songs there..

wow iu working so much to show her charms out there, haha

seeing all the love she "additionally" received after her "lucky charm" came, no wonder she's looked so inspired and working hard for the album, it was not long ago that she went on tour, where do she get the energy (haha or maybe because she's still young..)

cant wait for the album to be released and see subtle interactionsssss from our OTP..

• Like 14

1 hour ago, arshinwoo said:

Hi. Since a lot of new shippers are joining this thread, I finally decided to post. I am old here (since i signed up 6 years ago and then went MIA. Now, I'm back for good, i guess? hehe and a lot of adjustments are needed lol), BUT I have been silently lurking on this thread for months already. 

I really had no plan of  watching MLSHR even though I know IU and some of the casts. But since I love tragic endings, I finally gave it a try and I never regretted that decision. IU and LJG's chemistry is awesome on and off the screen. I am proud to say I am one of their die-hard shippers BUT i will still respect them individually if things would not turn out well. We are mature enough to understand this things right? 

Anyways, I love how you guys investigate on the things related to them. You guys are awesome! I hope someday, I can also contribute on your research and investigation. Lol. I am also I happy that there are Filipinos on this ship. Mygaad, mga bes!  :D

Hi bes! I'm glad to see fellow Filipinos here. :) 

Anyway, our couple seems to be updating consecutively. :D

• Like 20

10 minutes ago, NoonaE said:

hmmm a gift for who?

Finally using the 'multiple' option hahaha

By the way, Ji Eun's MV reminded me of Hae Soo waiting for Wang So during Yo's reign and also in the last episode at Jung's house... huhuhu

"Gift 4 U" he forgot the "all" after "U"  (if he mean the "U'" is all his fans kkkk)  bcs "U" is only for one person.. hhahhaaaaa or actually he mean is for "iU".. :)))))

• Like 21

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Stargazers, did anyone else see all the SHR references in the teaser?!?!

NL1.png
Water Lily
Hae Soo represented water in SHR. Lily is IU's English name. The water lily also represents the water related scenery for SoHae moments, like the lake, the pond, etc. In BBJX, 4th Prince's secret place on the lake was amongst the water lilies.

NL1.5.png
Handwritten Letters
This is the theme of Night Letter (Through the Night) as explained by Composer JaeHwan. Handwritten letters were passed between SoHae. Wang So's poem. Hae Soo's letters to him while she waited for him to come for her. The moments Hae Soo practiced her calligraphy with Wang So's handwriting and the way she kept practicing beside him as he went about his daily duties as king. Here, even the way IU is holding the letter is similar to the way Hae Soo held Wang So's letter.

NL2.png
The Back Turning
The way IU turned back to look at the camera in this shot is very reminiscent of the way Hae Soo turned back to look at the palace when she was leaving Wang So in episode 19.

NL3.png
The Posture / The Rice Wine Bottle
This scene is also very reminiscent of the scenes in which Hae Soo was writing to Wang So. I originally thought the flower vase was actually a rice wine bottle because the baby's breath blended in with the window scenery. Still, it could be a double meaning with the baby's breath representing everlasting love, innocence, and pureness and the vase, itself, appearing like a rice wine bottle that represents the drinking sessions she had with Baek Ah and also all the times she had served rice wine as a court lady.

NL4.png
Marbles
Marbles for Eun~ Enough said

NL5.png
Hand Shadow
I actually can't recall this one, so help me out. Wasn't there a scene where Hae Soo covered the sun or the rays of light with her hand?

NL6.png
The Setting
The vibes and the setting itself is very much like the ones found in SHR. Interesting choice, isn't it?

NL7.png
Teapot
Teapot for Hae Soo's job as a court lady, for all the tea she served, for her attempt at finding and serving Wang So his favorite tea and pastry.

Lastly, let's not forget the caption that came from the photo teaser, taken directly from SHR: "If we could be together right now, how great would that be?"

Thoughts on this, Stargazers?

i think the whole song was really inspired by MLSHR. since IU didnt have a chance to sing in the ost (except for the song "friend"), this was like haesoo pov showing her love to WS,,, like a character song...

• Like 21

@akinahana89 thanks for the interesting thoughts, capt. I think most of us MLSHR lovers will definitely connect the MV to the drama and luckily there are indeed some aspects that seem to be related. I also get the overall vibe of Hae Soo- Wang So, but as a piece of artwork can be interpreted openly in many different ways, looking at the setting of the MV, it can also possibly be about a lover/ wife waiting for her man/ husband who's going to the war (just like @starcandy0516 posted previously). Anyway Hae Soo also waited for Wang So who was sent away for a mission, didn't she?

Oh I cannot recall any hand shadow scene... can only think about the hand shadow puppet scene kkkk

And I found an interesting statement about the symbolism of marbles: ' If you are polishing a marble, then it represents your enduring efforts and perseverance. 

Can't wait to see the full MV and read the lyrics! :wub:

So glad to see that our thread is more alive again, too... *just like Joon Gi today at a particular time of the day hahaha*

39 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Stargazers, did anyone else see all the SHR references in the teaser?!?!

NL1.png
Water Lily
Hae Soo represented water in SHR. Lily is IU's English name. The water lily also represents the water related scenery for SoHae moments, like the lake, the pond, etc. In BBJX, 4th Prince's secret place on the lake was amongst the water lilies.

NL1.5.png
Handwritten Letters
This is the theme of Night Letter (Through the Night) as explained by Composer JaeHwan. Handwritten letters were passed between SoHae. Wang So's poem. Hae Soo's letters to him while she waited for him to come for her. The moments Hae Soo practiced her calligraphy with Wang So's handwriting and the way she kept practicing beside him as he went about his daily duties as king. Here, even the way IU is holding the letter is similar to the way Hae Soo held Wang So's letter.

NL2.png
The Back Turning
The way IU turned back to look at the camera in this shot is very reminiscent of the way Hae Soo turned back to look at the palace when she was leaving Wang So in episode 19.

NL3.png
The Posture / The Rice Wine Bottle
This scene is also very reminiscent of the scenes in which Hae Soo was writing to Wang So. I originally thought the flower vase was actually a rice wine bottle because the baby's breath blended in with the window scenery. Still, it could be a double meaning with the baby's breath representing everlasting love, innocence, and pureness and the vase, itself, appearing like a rice wine bottle that represents the drinking sessions she had with Baek Ah and also all the times she had served rice wine as a court lady.

NL4.png
Marbles
Marbles for Eun~ Enough said

NL5.png
Hand Shadow
I actually can't recall this one, so help me out. Wasn't there a scene where Hae Soo covered the sun or the rays of light with her hand?

Sorry cut your post but wanted to offer help on the hand shadow.

I just had to come out from lurking for this one. @akinahana89this is an amazing analogy.  Yikes...for Ji Eun to be this clever to drop so many hints...more amazing you found them. That's why you are captain.  

To help on the shadow...I think when Hae Soo first emerged from the cave after transferring to Goryeo she hid her eyes from the sunshine as Chae-Ryung was leading her from the princes' bath. Hmmm, a time of realization for Go HaJin that she wasn't in Kansas anymore (As Dorothy of OZ would say).

Edited by sscllccrazy
Removed the sentence cause checked the episode 1, sorry did not use the hand motion after waking from the faint and running out of the room.
  • Like 22