[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

The Shiny Pretty Neurosurgeons Hang Out at the Park in First Character Stills From SBS Drama Doctors

Posted on June 4, 2016 by ockoala

image_zpsnuqwdjzl.jpeg[/URL]

SBS has unveiled the very very attractive main cast of doctors in the upcoming Mon-Tues drama Doctors, putting me in mind to fake and illness to get treated by this bunch of pretties. Starring Kim Rae WonPark Shin Hye, Yoon Kyun Sang, and Lee Sung Kyung, the drama takes over the time slot from Jackpot (Daebak) and turns the mood from crazy sageuk to modern neurosurgery hospital shenanigans. Unlike the last SBS medical drama I watched in Dr. Stranger, this one doesn’t sound far-fetched and instead will chronicle the growth of female lead Hye Jung from high school gangster to accomplished neurosurgery resident, with the hottest mentor to boot in department chief and mentor Hong Ji Hong. Fellow residents played by Yoon Kyun Sang and Lee Sung Kyung serve as the fodder and competition for Hye Jung’s continued maturation, with plenty of likely intense medical cases to string the story along. I’m way more excited for this than when it was initially announced, call it a case of superficial induced intrigue but pretty sometimes comes with substance as well.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/06/04/the-shiny-pretty-neurosurgeons-hang-out-at-the-park-in-first-character-stills-from-sbs-drama-doctors/#more-75209

• Like 11

Thank you so much, @k_xs. And thank you for being part of the translating team....   tyvm: thank you very much smiley
wow. KRW is 35 in real life. But they made him 40 years old for the drama?   :(
Maybe he could not head the neurosurgery dept. if he were 35?! wondering here.

19 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@irilightThanks for the info on the new cast member Pyo Ye Jin.  It is her in MC.. gosh she played a real gossip queen in that drama. Hmmm dont tell me she'll be a gossip nurse but she did turn heads on MC.. the seductive Ah Ra. HAHAHA!

Gossip Nurse... haha... @Kasmic, thank you for the laugh...  nAbVN8-T_bigger.jpeg  Love your gifs...!
Thank you also, for supplying us with the visuals of the director and the scriptwriter. Always nice to see the person behind the name.

16 hours ago, Agie said:

.....and about the kiss scene between Hye Jung and Ji Hong.....I want that kiss initiate by Hye Jung (girl power here....ex gangster has a gut), because base on Ji Hong personality the kiss will never happen if we wait for Ji Hong to take initiative hehehehe

You are most likely right, @Agie, esp. since he is also her boss...
@thao_2512, I agree with you. I think in high school they only have teacher-student relationship.

15 hours ago, inshara2000 said:

Well she actually does look like a school girl in that photo

She really does...!

15 hours ago, inshara2000 said:

The fact that they had a teacher-student relationship is not easy to ignore

I agree.. They will both need to grow into that relationship.

14 hours ago, Agie said:

Probably I'm thinking too much...I notice that Ji Hong and Hye Jung background pics was in the park, there was tree and Yoon Do and Seo Won back ground pic was near the riverside...

You are very observant! Thank you for pointing that out.

10 hours ago, thao_2512 said:

This prob means the image is very different with his previous works

I think so too.. They are probably referring to his gangster role in Gangnam Blues.

9 hours ago, kilumar said:

I can't believe sbs is really something on us

It's not only our drama. SBS has been doing it to other drama lately. I am watching another recent drama with SBS, and it is already airing and they never released a character chart, and hardly ever give us stills. The poster came a week before air day!

9 hours ago, inshara2000 said:

I am NOT curious abt the writer. She rather scares me LOL

@inshara2000. I laugh at your comment, but I can also relate.

@maris1, thank you for the interview with PSH. wow.

She trained in martial arts for this role.... and it will show the Coolest Park Shin-Hye.

I like the sound of it.

@Tiggie2, thank you so much for translating the weibo comments... I love Rae-Won's voice. That's one reason I was sad that the piece with him reading that poem had the audio distorted. It was so beautiful in the original.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Tiggie2 said:

Weibo comments after first teaser released.

Hide contents

BD9DCA3D-4C20-4D06-B114-765487FFB4F5_zps

1. After Park Shin Hye slim down her looks have soared. Kim Rae Won is still good-looking [+94]

2. So cool, fighting scenes are good [+91]

3. Park Shin Hye is as beautiful as a painting, just one teaser and it already make me excited. Hot and sexy gangster [+82]

4. Feels amazing (thumbs up) [+80]

5. Aaaaaahhhhh! Park Shin Hye looks so good, new drama is a winner! [+70]

6. Feels like a really good drama! Looking forward to it! [+63]

7. Aaaaaahhhhh! So sexy!!! Park Shin Hye is cool and pretty. Kim Rae Won's low voice [+61]

8. Kim Rae Won's voice is so man, so magnetic! [+56]

9. The OTP feels are overflowing, really looking forward to it! [+54]

10. The fighting scenes are cool, Park Shin Hye is so gorgeous [+52]

11. Wow! Park Shin high is so cool aaaaahhhhh [+52]

12. Gangster girl is cool! Watching teaser repeatedly, so excited [+46]

13. Kim Rae Won is so cool!!!! His low voice is awesome!!!!! Looking forward to it [+40]

14. Male and female lead are sooooooo good-looking ~ I must be going crazy! [+38]

15. So sexy! Kim Rae won's voice is so healing! [+36]

Wow. A lot people excited, and anxiously waiting for June 20. Fighting baby call. You can do it. And your pairing with KRW is to die for. Candy to the eyes. Great chemistry. :wub:

Thanks Chingus  for all the support, from this ahjumma's heart.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, irilight said:

wow. KRW is 35 in real life. But they made him 40 years old for the drama?   :(
Maybe he could not head the neurosurgery dept. if he were 35?! wondering here.

Actually all of them are playing older.

Shinhye is 26 but playing 31. Same with LSK

YKS is 29 but playing 35. 

They need to be older to play these  roles :P 

That's why I don't get the complaint that shinhye is looking older bc she got skinnier. Her chubby cheeks would only make her look younger than her real age and it'd NOT be believable to play 31-year-old 

• Like 18

14 hours ago, kilumar said:

I can't believe sbs is really something on us .They seriously hate us.other drama is release third teasear now.We only get our very very very first teasear.what the hell sbs.just drop some goodies.huuuuuuuu but sbs must be  blind .That why they didn't care anything about their competeter.Or they already think that they will won this battle after releasing a super hot teasear 1.Never look down on your enemy sbs.just drop second god damn teasear.arrrrrrrrrr.I almost lost cotrol.why they are always slowwwwww.

If you pay attention, SBS always release something right after KBS release BM's stuffs. They care and are just waiting for them to drop it 1st 

That's why I said  on twitter that I was waiting after KBS released the 3rd teaser. Then they indeed released the character stills 30 mins after  LOL

Yes KBS already released the 3rd teaser but if I'm not wrong they only just started really filmed yesterday with both main leads...

Those teasers are pretty empty and  just a way of saying other people that they are doing fine with their messy story behind the scene, if you are aware. I don't want to talk about other dramas. If you don't know you can ask me in PM

We might only have 1 teaser but we actually got a real look of the actual drama and OTP. I'm fine with it. Because our  teaser was really good and  can grab a lot of attention. You can see many  got interested and changed their attitude after our 1st teaser which I can't say the same with the competitor's 

• Like 18

Weibo comments after character stills released

Spoiler

D9AA50A1-90EB-4AB0-8254-CFF89CA27B36_zps

cr: as tagged

1. Shin Hye unnie really has lost a lot of weight, but as long as you act in a drama it must be good [+168]

2. Park Shin Hye is getting slimmer and more glamorous [+145]

3. Park Shin Hye, good looking, new drama fighting!?! [+134]

4. #ParkShinHyeDoctors# female goddess too beautiful :) [+115]

5. After loosing weight Park Shin Hye is really pretty [+111]

6. Park Shin Hye ~ must watch [+101]

7. Park Shin Hye character still is very good looking [+66]

8. Lee Sung-kyung as an actress is getting better and better, she is also getting prettier [+65]

9. Beautiful !!!!!! Marry me Park Shin Hye !!!!!!!! [+58]

10. Photo of Park Shin Hye is super feminine [+51]

11. This drama must be good, has good looks and acting! [+37]

12. Male lead looks really warm-hearted, matches with Shin Hye really well, looking forward to this [+19]

• Like 17

Image result for doctor park shin hye korean dramaImage result for doctor park shin hye korean drama

Hello everyone :)Looking forward to this drama and hoping you don't mind my joining in from time to time.  I am a PSH fan but I am also a KRW fan as well so this drama is one I am really excited about.  I think for me PSH in a role where she can show how athletic she can be in action, showing something different yet something I believe she will transform herself into this character and make it  believable on screen.  Not to mention KRW has a way of showing tenderness in his eyes and expressions that I have loved in the past.  He often doesn't need to say a thing its like his face is easy enough to read on it's own.  I don't believe their age is going to be a problem for some reason even in the pictures you have a sense that dang this chemistry is going to work.  A softness yet somewhat sexy vibe about both of them that should make this one interesting and an exciting drama.  I am looking forward to watching it and enjoying it with all of you.  Hoping it's even better than I believe it's going to be....

3 hours ago, thao_2512 said:

Actually all of them are playing older.

Shinhye is 26 but playing 31. Same with LSK

YKS is 29 but playing 35. 

@thao_2512 thank you for pointing that out. I also agree that with chubbier cheeks she will look younger.

3 hours ago, thao_2512 said:

Those teasers are pretty empty and  just a way of saying other people that they are doing fine with their messy story behind the scene, if you are aware

ROFL......  I agree @thao_2512... their teasers are empty so far. Our teaser is meaningful, and have our OTP. You are so observant! I have to start paying attention to what KBS is doing. Never occurred to me!
@Tiggie2, thank you for the translation of comments from weibo! They are right. She is gorgeous!

@USAFarmgirl, welcome to Doctors thread.  welcomesmilie.gif

1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

A softness yet somewhat sexy vibe about both of them that should make this one interesting and an exciting drama. 

I feel so similarly.  This was one aspect that was appealing to me too.. How they both seem soft and warm, and sexy at the same time.
So looking forward to seeing them together.

• Like 10

Upcoming drama “Doctors” release individual photos of casts including Park Shin Hye and more

Jun 4, 2016

Upcoming SBS drama “Doctors” revealed individual photos of the characters featuring Park Shin Hye and other 3 main leads.

Kim Rae Won, Park Shin Hye, Yoon Gyun Sang, and Lee Sung Kyung are all sporting the white coats representing their job as a doctor.

Kim-Rae-Won

Kim Rae Won, will play the character of Hong Ji Hong and Park Shin Hye’s lover.

Park-Shin-Hye

Park Shin Hye, will play the character of Yoo Hye Jung who is a bully turned doctor.

Yoon-Gyun-Sang

Yoon Gyun Sang, will play the character of Jung Yoon Do who is a wealthy and free-spirited man.

Lee-Sung-Kyung

Lastly, Lee Sung Kyung, will play the role of a pretty and smart Jin Seo Woo.

Meanwhile their drama “Doctors” is set to air it’s pilot episode this coming June 20.

• Like 11

Another creative poster....our OTP looks amazing! .......but I feel we might not see both of them smiling too much in the drama.....at least not Yoo Hye Jung! 

image_zpstpr4vfzr.jpeg[/URL]

credit as tagged

In regards to publicity, teasers etc......I think we are doing good because irrespective of what's happening all around.....the one teaser, script reading, photographs have generated buzz and interest enough to last until 15th June when the Press conference takes place. 

BEddies this, Shinhye admirers have been waiting to see her for 1 1/2 years. Added to that seeing her play a role she always wanted.......action one and lately as a professional............has them very excited.

Kim Rae Won is in a drama after sometime too and that also in not a dark role ( after Punch, Gangnam blue and recent projects ) but the character of Hong Ji Hong that's different has people look forward to seeing him.

In addition to all the above factors one most awaited thing is .....to see the magic of KRW-Shinhye on the screen which frankly equals the interest of seeing Shinhye in the most challenging and promising role of her career ( in my humble opinion).

After reading the detailed character sketches I find myself eager to watch how it will play out. 

In short......all is great on the publicity front!

@USAFarmgirl......welcome!.....

Thank you all for all the interesting/fun/informative posts!.....

10 days to the Press Conference!........,,:blush:

• Like 12

More promotional news of Doctors in Hong Kong

9346D926-6E2D-485F-887E-DFB48FAA6436_zps

Original Source: http://www.hk01.com/娛樂/24419/金來沅朴信惠首次合拍-Doctors-大談師生戀

Title: Kim Rae Won Park Shin Hye working together for the first time - Doctors - Teacher student romance

SBS new drama starring Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won yesterday released photo stills of their characters in the drama. Park Shin Hye with long shouldered length hair was wearing a white coat, she looked deep in thoughts, fascinating people. Park Shin Hye expressed 'This time acting as a doctor, is a big challenge to me' and her challenge will bring what kind of breakthrough, makes fans anticipate the drama more.

Whilst Kim Rae Won talked about why he chose to star in this drama. 'In films I act out many tough and serious roles, just like my previous series 'Punch' which is the same. But with 'Doctors' invitation and being able to work with the cheerful and positive energy Park Shin Hye, is already making me very happy'. It is reported that Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye graduated from the same university, this is the first time they work together, when shooting the atmosphere is said to be very good and cordial. Also, don't know whether or not it is for the role but Park shin Hye has slimmed down a lot and has become even more prettier.

Also, 'Doctors' is about a male and female after a painful past, from teacher student relationship turning into sunbae hoobae doctor beautiful love story, premiering on 20th June.

• Like 14

@quockhanh45.......welcome to the forum!

just few points to ponder.........(the way I look at it)

1: Won the Best Drama Script award in 2019 in a contest held by the Broadcasting Content Promotion Foundation.............synopsis, character sketches ...thought provoking and attention grabbing, most interesting from whatever seen.

2: Strong cast capable of turning ordinary scenario to extraordinary! Each of them can be scene stealers. Just the pics, teasers confirm that fact!

3: the fact that this team of actors/actresses chose to be part of it in itself gives credibility to this project.

in the end would like to say something I believe in....

" Two men looked out of the prison bars,

One saw mud and the other stars"......Khalil Gibran.

until now nothing that's come up has been less than positive........so there are many reasons to look at the stars and enjoy ourselves  :)

@Tiggie2........may I express my appreciation for all the efforts gone into all the translations from Chinese articles and posting them here. They are a joy to read and great knowing how many across the board look forward to watching Doctors. :D

• Like 11

Park Shin Hye Switches Up Her Look For “Doctors” Role

Park Shin Hye Switches Up Her Look For “Doctors” Role

In anticipation of the upcoming premiere of SBS’s “Doctors,” lead star Park Shin Hye reveals her new look in stills from the set.

Photos of her filming the drama have been uploaded on an online community, stirring talks of how much slimmer her face has become.

In her previous projects “Pinocchio” and “Heirs,” Park Shin Hye looked soft and endearing with some baby fat on her cheeks.

park shin hye

However, the recent photos from “Doctors” show her with a more slender face and a stronger gaze in her eyes, giving the actress a sharper look for her new role.

park shin hye

Spoiler

park shin hye

Despite the changes, Park Shin Hye glows all the same with her smooth complexion and continues to captivate the hearts of her fans.

The actress stars alongside Kim Rae Won in SBS’s “Doctors,” a mini series set to premiere on June 20.

How do you like her new look?

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/05/park-shin-hye-switches-up-her-look-for-doctors-role/

• Like 10