[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

And if you run out of series to watch, (and had to wait a week to watch one episode of SOTUS),  There are two BG series that I highly recommended.

1. Still ongoing.. Drinking solo / Lets Drink. Korea series. Very funny and good. About the life of lecturers of academy who teach how to pass the civil service exam. Ha Suk Jin play a famous but cold lecturer (seem like tsundere type) who without knowing falling for the clumsy but good hearted rookie lecturer Park Ha Sun. The story seem can happen in real life.  TVN in 2016 keep producing very great dramas. from Signal, The Good Wife , Lets Fight Ghost ,etc etc and now Drinking Solo.

2. A Japanese series. 10 eps. Suki Na Hito ga Iru Koto. About two brothers who falled in love with the same girl. The girl at first portrayed as very timid and look like a door mat can be easily push. But she is spunky and had backbone. The chemistry between the main leads are explosive. 

Misaki , a patissier, met her first love Chiaki . When Chiaki offer her a job at his restaurant, she agreed immediately. There she met Chiaki ex girlfriend and also Chiaki younger bother Kanata, chef at the restaurant,  who is so mean to her at first. 

Another great news, This is probably only the second or third time in a drama that I watched. (And I had watched over hundreds and hundreds drama) the SECOND MALE lead (tsundere type)  win over the female lead. If you had any second male lead syndrom and always feel so sad when the main female lead ignore the second male lead, this drama is for you.

• Like 6

Since we are talking about different BL stuff. Honestly, US has a lot of cute richard simmons drama couples as well but they love them to be all angsty and sad. One of the couple that killed me though is Magnus and Alec from Shadowhunters!! 

I have seen this one scene like a thousand times!!! But the couple won't have a good end if they follow the novel so it hurts to watch it. T.T

• Like 4

11 hours ago, greenfan said:

Again? They really are serious about banning. Can't they loosen up a bit? We could only hope for now.

Basically their ban every bl movie even the star and fanmeet if they being too lovey dovey or provocative, there's YuZhou for example that two can't be in one show the ban cut all the performance or forbid the show to be aired. Wish the government more open minded about LGBT they aren't a contaminated disease that'll ruin society:(.

Lucky for us many production team now good finding a loophole for release their movie or drama:).

1 hour ago, jaelephy said:

Since we are talking about different BL stuff. Honestly, US has a lot of cute richard simmons drama couples as well but they love them to be all angsty and sad. One of the couple that killed me though is Magnus and Alec from Shadowhunters!! 

I have seen this one scene like a thousand times!!! But the couple won't have a good end if they follow the novel so it hurts to watch it. T.T

Oh yes the kiss!:wub: I can't wait for season 2. 

But I read in all of spoilers and wiki they'll be together in the end even adopted 2 child:).

1 hour ago, jaelephy said:

3 hours ago, hcpoirot said:

And if you run out of series to watch, (and had to wait a week to watch one episode of SOTUS),  There are two BG series that I highly recommended.

1. Still ongoing.. Drinking solo / Lets Drink. Korea series. Very funny and good. About the life of lecturers of academy who teach how to pass the civil service exam. Ha Suk Jin play a famous but cold lecturer (seem like tsundere type) who without knowing falling for the clumsy but good hearted rookie lecturer Park Ha Sun. The story seem can happen in real life.  TVN in 2016 keep producing very great dramas. from Signal, The Good Wife , Lets Fight Ghost ,etc etc and now Drinking Solo.

2. A Japanese series. 10 eps. Suki Na Hito ga Iru Koto. About two brothers who falled in love with the same girl. The girl at first portrayed as very timid and look like a door mat can be easily push. But she is spunky and had backbone. The chemistry between the main leads are explosive. 

Misaki , a patissier, met her first love Chiaki . When Chiaki offer her a job at his restaurant, she agreed immediately. There she met Chiaki ex girlfriend and also Chiaki younger bother Kanata, chef at the restaurant,  who is so mean to her at first. 

Another great news, This is probably only the second or third time in a drama that I watched. (And I had watched over hundreds and hundreds drama) the SECOND MALE lead (tsundere type)  win over the female lead. If you had any second male lead syndrom and always feel so sad when the main female lead ignore the second male lead, this drama is for you.

I don't know if already watched it but I recommend Moonlight Drawn By Clouds that drama is really good. The acting, story, chemistry, song, background setting all of that perfect and so beautiful:D.

Guest delightful

So... why am I feeling like Saturday is like 100 years away right now? I want another episode like I need water!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I am doing this to myself. I've always told myself not to get this addicted to a couple and a series, because of how heartbroken I was when DBSK broke up. I'm right back to where I was when that happened. I wonder if GMM would ever pair Krist and Singto up again? If they're smart enough and want to make money and make us viewers all happy then I think they need to pair these two up again in another story, even if they only get to be supporting roles in another drama/series I would be happy.:heart:

Not only am I in love with Arthit and Kongpope, but I'm also in love with Pik and Rome from Puppy Honey! Why do I keep doing this to myself? LOL! Then I went and watched Make It Right, which I have to say I hate Fuse!!!!! He is so selfish!!! Why can't he just dump his stupid girlfriend who made him cry?!?!??!!! He has Tee, and he's always happy when he is with Tee! That should be enough!!!! I felt so bad for Tee whenever the girlfriend came into the scene. My heart was hurting so much for Tee. Then we have the best supporting couple ever, Frame and Book. OMG! I didn't know their story would be like that! Frame is so funny!!! I can't believe they met each other like that! And seriously, when Book said 'I'm bleeding, because of what you did last night!' I was like.. dayammmmnn, that hard? Frame was half drunk, but he doesn't look like he had that much energy. LOL! OKay, I'm going crazy.. Gonna go watch some more MIR.

@meifang89 well I guess in a way sure they end together but they really don't since Magnus is immortal and will live for ever while Alec will die one day. But then the series doesn't follow the novel to a T (in Malec's case not at all...like really as much as I love the kiss, there actual public kiss was ten thousand times better and now that scene won't have the same impact even if it is included in the series), so they might change things up a little. 

• Like 2

@delightful Ugh!! This is the problem with people. When they start sharing on sites without permission. I am so sorry it happened to you.

We do have subs for episode 4 but it's posted by W2Ssubteam. they translate from thai to viet and then from viet to english...so the subs don't always make sense. So we don't have accurate subs for that episode but they are good enough to get a general idea about what happened.

>> for some reason, I can't quote!

• Like 4

Thanks for the information, @whitedove! At least BL series are slowly gaining ground there, having primetime slots in a fairly popular channel. Not heard how long BL has been on Thai television but I think it's also culturally and politically related. Mostly open countries have started tackling this topic from the recent decade. Even US series have started incorporating gay couples or are actually the leads. Here in the Philippines, we have had only one BL drama on primetime, shown in the second biggest channel. And being a religious nation, you cannot expect seeing anything beyond sweet words and a little holding of hands. Even the final kiss between the couple was not shown. And we can be just happy that no banning happens like in the case of China. Right, @meifang89? It just does not feel right for a series to start and does not end as it should. Well, the struggle..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jaelephy said:

@meifang89 well I guess in a way sure they end together but they really don't since Magnus is immortal and will live for ever while Alec will die one day. But then the series doesn't follow the novel to a T (in Malec's case not at all...like really as much as I love the kiss, there actual public kiss was ten thousand times better and now that scene won't have the same impact even if it is included in the series), so they might change things up a little. 

Yeah it's different but I prefer the series because their relationship growing fast there and also the kiss happen early:wub:. I think that's a good change.

8 minutes ago, greenfan said:

Thanks for the information, @whitedove! At least BL series are slowly gaining ground there, having primetime slots in a fairly popular channel. Not heard how long BL has been on Thai television but I think it's also culturally and politically related. Mostly open countries have started tackling this topic from the recent decade. Even US series have started incorporating gay couples or are actually the leads. Here in the Philippines, we have had only one BL drama on primetime, shown in the second biggest channel. And being a religious nation, you cannot expect seeing anything beyond sweet words and a little holding hands. Even the final kiss between the couple was not shown. And we can be just happy that no banning happens like in the case of China. Right, @meifang89? It just does not feel right for a series to start and does not end as it should. Well, the struggle..

Yup! I agree with you;).

2 hours ago, delightful said:

So... why am I feeling like Saturday is like 100 years away right now? I want another episode like I need water!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I am doing this to myself. I've always told myself not to get this addicted to a couple and a series, because of how heartbroken I was when DBSK broke up. I'm right back to where I was when that happened. I wonder if GMM would ever pair Krist and Singto up again? If they're smart enough and want to make money and make us viewers all happy then I think they need to pair these two up again in another story, even if they only get to be supporting roles in another drama/series I would be happy.:heart:

Reveal hidden contents

Not only am I in love with Arthit and Kongpope, but I'm also in love with Pik and Rome from Puppy Honey! Why do I keep doing this to myself? LOL! Then I went and watched Make It Right, which I have to say I hate Fuse!!!!! He is so selfish!!! Why can't he just dump his stupid girlfriend who made him cry?!?!??!!! He has Tee, and he's always happy when he is with Tee! That should be enough!!!! I felt so bad for Tee whenever the girlfriend came into the scene. My heart was hurting so much for Tee. Then we have the best supporting couple ever, Frame and Book. OMG! I didn't know their story would be like that! Frame is so funny!!! I can't believe they met each other like that! And seriously, when Book said 'I'm bleeding, because of what you did last night!' I was like.. dayammmmnn, that hard? Frame was half drunk, but he doesn't look like he had that much energy. LOL! OKay, I'm going crazy.. Gonna go watch some more MIR.

It's impossible to not addicted just resigned yourself with temptation of bl:D. Well if one couple end there'll be new couple for us to ship.

I also doesn't like Fuse very much, he should dump that bad girlfriend of his and go all the way with Tee. He's selfish want to keep both girlfriend and boyfriend, doesn't think Tee getting hurt of his action. I developed second cp syndrome because PickxRome and FramexBook they more interesting than main cp:P.

4 hours ago, jaelephy said:

OMG hello my fellow malec shipper. it seems like season 2 will be the death for all of us hahaha....

• Like 2

Ugh!! Why can't I quote???

@meifang89 I actually didn't like the whole wedding drama thing. Like no. The kiss too...I would have preferred the original because it was just so perfect. I think I read that moment like 10 times when I first read the book. And also, because finally Alec did something without any provocation from Magnus. After all the chasing Magnus did, it was satisfying to see Alec claim him in front of everyone for once. In the series, Magnus still was the instigator since he showed up and was right in the face like "Yo! I am here." 

I can't be truly mad though since I enjoy the couple too much in the series. In the book, they were too in the background. In the series, they are more prominent to me than the main couple sorry but like actors that play Clary and Jace have zero chemistry. sorry!

@degevigi Holla!! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jaelephy said:

As a huge fan of this novel series, I've read all the books and own them all, including the sequel "The infernal devices", I know a ton richard simmons of this series and love Magnus Bane with all my heart. ( HE IS MY BABY. I LOVE HIM. ) I don't know why you're saying they won't have a happy ending. They stay together. And if you're referring to the fact that Magnus is immortal while Alec is mortal, I believe it doesn't really matter. They both chose to stay how they are and not lose their selves and they both understood that in the end. Although I wished that they would've stayed together for eternity, I'm very satisfied with how the writer wrote their story, despite it not being the main story line. I mean, they even adopted two children. I wish they had more book time but the tv series is giving us more and changing the story which is good too. I'm so excited for season 2! 

• Like 3

On 21/09/2016 at 3:00 AM, hcpoirot said:

Agree with @Mio, I also dont like season 2 if they add so much new stuff and try to drag the story by adding too many couples and just add more drama. (Just like Love Sick season 2. It will be good with 20 episode but they made it 36 episode)

Better to end SOTUS in a high with 16 ep that many of us will remember and rewatch again and again later on.

On the contrary, I like many BL couples in a show because I tend to skip the scenes of the straight couples lol. I like it when a BL scene from one couple is followed by another and so on. Kinda like MIR where a Tee/Fuse scene is followed by either a Book/Frame or Nine/Rodtang and v/v. I don't know why. 

• Like 3

@Karla Kim Chill! You don't have to come that hard down on me. I was a fan of this book since before it became mortal instruments and was just a harry potter fanfic. I don't own any of the books because frankly I don't buy a lot of them and after book 3 the series went seriously downhill...but yes I was referring to the immortal/mortal thing mostly since once you face that Magnus has loved before and will love again...it does put a damper on the things for me. I did mention it in my next post plus the series has almost no resemblance to the books as far as their story line is considered past the very basic synopsis.

• Like 2