[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

3 hours ago, delightful said:

Awwwe, that's so sweet of you! I can't believe you like to read my interpretation of the novel and series. Please keep in mind that what I believe may not be what the author or series' director intended. But I am commenting as an audience who have re-read and re-watched all the available materials so far. LOL! I'm an OBSESSED fan, if you will.

And I added my comments at first to at least 'keep' a little bit of myself when people 'take' my fansubs without permission, but I have heard a lot of good things from you guys. I guess since most of us can't or wouldn't watch BL stuff with other people, it's nice when I add my comments at certain points. Like you said, it feels like I'm sitting there watching it with you guys. It makes me so happy because it's not an annoyance to you guys and on the contrary you all find it to be added enjoyment. And no worries, your English is very good! :)

It is a fan-translated version by me of SOTUS. I know I have said I wouldn't do it, but since I kept getting PMs from members here that they wouldn't share it, I thought about it. I will try my best to translate them while I wait for the new episodes each week. I don't make any promises and I can tell you for sure that my translations cannot compare to Bittersweet's actual words. Thai is such a beautiful language and has so many words that cannot be translated into English, and some words even loses it's 'emotions' when it is translated. Of course to some of us learning another language with just the reason of reading SOTUS is an absurd idea. LOL! This is the best I can do, and I hope that everyone will follow my rules. I must repeat that if I find any part of my translations posted anywhere I will stop. This is a very serious and sensitive issue as I was myself a fanfic author before and when my fanfics were translated into other languages without my knowledge I wasn't so happy with it.

But with that said, I have attempted to keep the writing style that Bittersweet uses, it may be against my education, trust me it is very hard for me to write and know it's not proper English form, but I want to keep it as Bittersweet intended it to flow. There are even some sentences that make me cringe because it isn't 'right' in my opinion, that is when I tell myself that this is Bittersweet's words, I am only a tool to translate it. I know we have Google, but we have all seen what a GREAT job Google can do. (sarcasm) LOL! So, please excuse a couple of odd sounding/looking sentences/paragraphs, I am writing it as close to the actual novel as possible. 

Once chapter one is finished I will upload it as a file and you guys can download it. 

I was just joking when I said Kongpope fell for his P'Arthit at first sight, I just loved their interaction from the start. LOL! A little spice to start things out. LOL!

How do I protect the file so it can't be edited or copied? I've never done that before. :huh:

Yes.. use the no copy paste, its need some coding i think.. html code like <div class="do-not-copy"> the words u dont want to be copy </div> 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, delightful said:

I was just joking when I said Kongpope fell for his P'Arthit at first sight, I just loved their interaction from the start. LOL! A little spice to start things out. LOL!

How do I protect the file so it can't be edited or copied? I've never done that before. :huh:

hi... sorry for this another late input...

in terms of protecting a shared prose to at least minimize the tendency in having it copied-and-pasted quickly, the following is my suggestion:

Instead of sharing the raw document file, segment your pages into slides and then take snapshots of each slide, and just share the image files instead of the plain text ones. you may even opt to put a watermark (faded images behind your text). Aside from 'marking' your work, a patterned watermark will also deter any OCR-facility to properly convert/extract the textual contents of the image files.  

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2016_10_06_at_21_21_55_copy.

• Like 12

@delightful Here but only not here there are several western people not familiar with seniority issue in several Asian languages and acting (i quote it issue because despite i respect i found it an issue) I write that because i pushed many friends (western ones) to watch the series and most of them asked me why they put a P before the name, of course i live in Asia and i know but many do not get it and reason behind that, when you have time you may need somewhere here or there to explain that, if you have not done it yet !!! 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, amandine said:

Hello everyone ! I’m finally delurking. I’m on the Sotus Facebook group but it’s not really a good place to discuss at length.

I’d like to thank you @delightful for everything you do for us. Not only you sub the episodes and summarize parts of the novel but you always provide us with your knowledge on thai culture so we understand the series and the novel better. You heighten our experience! You’re a true example of kindness and solidarity. :heart:

Now, let’s talk about my love for Sotus the series. I’ve never been this obsessed with a BL series. I’ve watched them all and I can say MIR and Sotus are my all time favorites. The crazy thing is I knew I’d love Sotus, ever since I saw the trailer months ago. I was eager to see a BL with university students but especially a love/hate story (I’m a sucker for this trope). Luckily, Sotus didn’t disappoint, it exceeded my expectations ! I love everything about it :

-       -Singto & Krist are fantastic. Their acting is natural, smooth. I love Krist many facial expressions (annoyed, cute or flustered…) but I also love Singto’s (usually sweet, but sometimes bold with a smug smile, or when he looks like love sick puppy dog when looking for his crush). Every expression is on point ! For once I don’t have a bias, I love them equally, they’re perfect together.

-      -The story is quite original. Or I should say the background. Where I come from (France) we don’t have Sotus system. We do have some harmless hazing in some big private schools (although it’s illegal) but nothing this demanding. So it’s interesting for me to discover this tradition, what is its purpose and how students deal with it. I like that I’m not just watching a love story but I’m also learning something new about another culture (though we’ll agree the values learned through Sotus are universal).

-      -The pacing. With Lovesick and MIR, everything went so fast. They were friends one day, sex-friends the next day and professing their love at the end of the week (yeah, I’m exaggerating but the time frames of those two series are still crazy to me). With Sotus I like the slow pace. It’s exciting and fun to watch their growing attraction, Kongpop flirting and Arthit’s denial. I usually find the outcome more satisfying when the romance is developed this way.

I finally watched ep7. I like it even though there weren’t many Kong/Arthit scenes. But the 2 we got were good !  I like that in order to obtain the flag the freshmen had to reflect on everything they learned from the hazing. I’m ok this challenge took an entire episode because it’s an important part of the freshmen initiation. It would have been weird if they had filmed it quickly with just one scene or two. The show wanted us to understand the importance of the Sotus system.

Welcome, amandine.

You sum this drama perfectly. Why SOTUS became so popular is the hate/love relationship. Most of the BL series / movies made both boys fall in love too quickly lke MIR and Love Quick. 

SOTUS pacing is more realistic. They gradually like each other day by day. 

ON other matter, the orientation in my opinion just too long. They can edit few minutes here and there and make room for more of Arthit-Kongpope story, Wad-Prem story and May - Em story.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, delightful said:

So... don't post this anywhere... or ever speak of it to anyone... I'll see if I can post it chapter by chapter. I'm like swallowing my own words here so please don't ruin this by posting it anywhere else. Leave my translations alone if you cannot follow by my rules. This is for your eyes only, okay? Promise me before you download them. I'm almost done with the first chapter.. here is what I'm 'writing' now. :sweatingbullets:

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter One

Rules For First Year Students No. 1 : Do Not Contradict The Hazing Team

The shouting of the question was very aggressive, just like a guard shouting at a prisoner. Just that the prisoners right now weren’t in jail, instead they were sitting in the cheer room of the Engineering department. The 3rd year seniors were standing stiff in front of the Freshmen, sending out chilling stares as if the new students had wrong them from another life.

Especially ‘Arthit’,  the man with an arrogant face and fierce looking eyes, he was the head of the hazing team for the department of Industrial Engineering. Who had just yelled at the new students for answering too softly, but in reality, even if the new students had answered loud enough he was still going to answer that he couldn’t hear them.

... Why? Do you have an issue with this? This is the right of the hazing team, whose intentions have been passed down for many generations. The hazing team has gone through all of it themselves and this was just the beginning, the real deal would be much more difficult than this.

The people tasked as the hazing team had to keep a taciturn face, before repeating again the question that was filled with definite resolution.

“I will ask again! How many of you are there in this class?”

The whole cheer room became silent, just as Arthit had predicted.

… This was a given as the beginning of the school year had only begun two days ago, who would remember their new friends or how many there were in the class. Especially when it came to the Engineering department, which had the most students in the university, it was in the thousands. Answering a calculus equation was a lot easier than having to answer this question.

The situation they were in was already in his favor, it created pressure for the freshmen all around the room.

… Who said the hazing of the Engineering department had to be barbaric. There wasn’t a need to speak improperly since they were students at a university, they didn’t need to use such lowly tactics. It would be troublesome if the professors started to keep a close eye on them. So the rules were that the hazing team had to speak properly to the new students, but those proper words were the ones that were slowly becoming the most intimidating. To the point where the new students were all becoming afraid and succumbing to the pressure from the seniors.

“No one is answering. Does that mean no one cares about their new friends? Is that why no one can remember their new friends from the same year?

The head of the hazing team slowly walked around the room as he shouted, displaying his power and trying to intimidate the new students. He surveyed the faces of the new students that were full of fright, some of them even had tears in their eyes, indicating that his training was effective.

… In actuality he wasn’t such a mean guy, he wasn’t a psycho who liked to watch other people cry that much. It was his duty as the head of the hazing team, but when he saw that the female students were crying his heart was starting to waver, especially the pretty ones. He wanted to go and hug them and pacify their fears, but he had to keep his straight face and watch them with angry eyes. Then the male student sitting next to the crying female student handed her a handkerchief, she accepted with a thankful smile as she wiped her tears.

… Oh wow… Isn’t he sweet? Is he even aware of the head of the hazing team?... The head of the hazing team was standing right there and he has the nerves to try and pick up a girl? The head of the hazing team had the young female student where he wanted, he was going to ask for her phone number once this was all over, but this kid had beaten him to it.

You… This youngster wants to show how manly he is?... Well, if you want to show off your manliness … fine… he was going to be given a chance.

“You, you over there, stand up!!”

He bawled out the younger man who was the owner of the handkerchief. It shocked the pretty girl sitting next to him, she turned to him with a worried expression, because he was called out by the head of the hazing team. But the person that was targeted showed a pretentious face as if it wasn’t a big deal, he stood up to show his full height, which somewhat startled the older man. The head of the hazing team who was 178cm thought he was already pretty tall, but this kid was hovering over him by a good 10cm. His eyebrows were thick and his face was also very good looking, radiating an aura that covered up the rest of the guys in the room.

It… gave his feet an itch all of a sudden, which doubled his disapproving thoughts.

… Which was fine, he could give this kid a good lesson for being better looking than everyone on the hazing team.

“Say your name and your student code number loudly!”

“My name is Kongpope, code number 0062!”

“Tell me how many are in your class this year!”

“I don’t know! I’ve never counted!”

Not only did the eyebrows of the person listening quiver, his hand was also quivering to the point that he wanted to land a punch on this kid’s pretentious face.

… You’re really stirring my foot, kid… stirring my foot… his answers were obviously contradicting to the leader’s question.

OMG:w00t::w00t:!..I come back here after days and I see this!!.....truly truly....you are a gift from heavens for all of us here.....bigggg hug for you....Thank you so much.......I believe everyone here would stick to your rules....but this site is open and people can steal stuff without registering or logging in...can you make it so that the only people who can take it are the people who are posting on this thread?.....I'm going to pray hard that no one breaks the rules and cause you to stop translating...coz we want to read this so damn bad.

• Like 8

If you had watch all SOTUS eps (again and again) and had nothing to do while waiting for the next new ep, I suggest you read a book or audio book of this wonderful one.

It called Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. One of the best young adult book I ever read. And I had read hundreds of YA novels. It had great story, murder, mystery and love. BL love to be precise. :D

THis book took inspiration from Harry Potter series with a twist.

Simon Snow ( similar to Harry Potter) is 18 yearls old, and set to graduate from  the wizard school. He is The Chosen One, the most gifted wizard who predicted the only one that can defeated Humdrum the powerful villain of all time. he is good friend with Penelope ( similar to Hermione) and had a girlfriend Agatha.

His life seem perfect except for one thing. HIs roommate school  for 8 years , Baz ( similar to Drake Malfoy) . they hated each other since the first time they met at 11 years old. Several time , he is convince that Baz try to harm him and even killed him during their school years. And he also pretty sure that Baz is a vampire. 

When Baz did not show up at the last year of school, Simon try all out to find Baz, convincing himself that he only do so cause he is afraid Baz plotting a new plan to kill him. (in reality he just started to missed his roommate lol) Where is Baz? And how Baz missing is related to a murder mystery that happen years ago? What is Baz real feeling for Simon?

I finished the audiobook in a day. Its that good. 

If you love to read or a beginner, this book is for you. Specially if you love BL books. :wub:

PS: Don't worry its a happy ending.

[]carry%20on.jpg

• Like 13

AT : Kongphop come here ... closer I forgot to tell you something !

KP : What ? :blink:

AT : Hubbyyyyyyy

KP : You cuite smart mouth ... I'll give you FOUR tonight !! :wub: #evil senior gets the guy #smooth criminal #another dimension of wifey #Hubbyyyyyy that's what I said :wub:

• Like 18

thank you very much @delightful for all your translation and subtitle :wub:

i promise everything from you is only for my private eyes alone and no one else..i appreciate your hard work B)

anyway hi ^^

new here since i just start watching Sotus this week which i regret not waiting until the drama end to watch so now im suffering waiting every week smh :( 

i started watching because of Gunsmile since i like him in LoveSick and hoping he got his own partner here which seem he gonna get :P 

im also falling in love with the main couple of course since they have amazing chemistry despite slow burn romance lol :P 

at first im curious about their real life age since i have big feeling it the opposite in real life and to my delight it truly is when i search their info that Singto is older..and the best part is they are real life senior-junior same school which make it even better knowing the chemistry coming from real life friendship:wub: i hope to know more about these two since this should be their first acting? they kinda remind me a little of QingYu where they are real life bff before working in Counterattack and the chemistry just on fire both on-off screen :P 

seem they gonna kiss during the beach???hope there will not be cut or at least shown in uncut version;)

im also falling for New(Aim) and Tiw? the representative since both so handsome which make me hope they have their own love story lol but well Aim have it with the girl so no BL for him :P 

since im new and have no time yet to browse all 183 pages can i ask how many episode this drama have?is it only for one season only?

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, tammy_P said:

KP : You cuite smart mouth ... I'll give you FOUR tonight !! :wub: #evil senior gets the guy #smooth criminal #another dimension of wifey #Hubbyyyyyy that's what I said :wub:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Naughty senior! 

KP: Yes P'Arthit!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, tammy_P said:

Omg this make me laugh so hard ;)))

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, salz said:

since im new and have no time yet to browse all 183 pages can i ask how many episode this drama have?is it only for one season only?

It's supposed to be 16 episodes (15 main episodes + 1 bonus episodes for extra chapters of the novel) And yeah, since it's a novel (short story) one season should be enough (I hope they won't stretch out for commercial reasons --')

• Like 7

1 minute ago, originalnickname said:

It's supposed to be 16 episodes (15 main episodes + 1 bonus episodes for extra chapters of the novel) And yeah, since it's a novel (short story) one season should be enough (I hope they won't stretch out for commercial reasons --')

oh im totally fine having one season as long as they stay true to original story and have satisfying ending(since i hate open ending) and most important don't cut the kiss :P

since they done with hazing storyline i hope they can finally give attention to the love story and more moment for the future couple/couples

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, tammy_P said:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, salz said:

oh im totally fine having one season as long as they stay true to original story and have satisfying ending(since i hate open ending) and most important don't cut the kiss :P

since they done with hazing storyline i hope they can finally give attention to the love story and more moment for the future couple/couples

Oh don't worry they won't cut the kisses ;)  

And I think you're right, they're done with the hazing, but we're only halfway through the show so they will probably give more screentime to side characters and future lovestories :wub: 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, delightful said:

Awwwe, that's so sweet of you! I can't believe you like to read my interpretation of the novel and series. Please keep in mind that what I believe may not be what the author or series' director intended. But I am commenting as an audience who have re-read and re-watched all the available materials so far. LOL! I'm an OBSESSED fan, if you will.

And I added my comments at first to at least 'keep' a little bit of myself when people 'take' my fansubs without permission, but I have heard a lot of good things from you guys. I guess since most of us can't or wouldn't watch BL stuff with other people, it's nice when I add my comments at certain points. Like you said, it feels like I'm sitting there watching it with you guys. It makes me so happy because it's not an annoyance to you guys and on the contrary you all find it to be added enjoyment. And no worries, your English is very good! :)

It is a fan-translated version by me of SOTUS. I know I have said I wouldn't do it, but since I kept getting PMs from members here that they wouldn't share it, I thought about it. I will try my best to translate them while I wait for the new episodes each week. I don't make any promises and I can tell you for sure that my translations cannot compare to Bittersweet's actual words. Thai is such a beautiful language and has so many words that cannot be translated into English, and some words even loses it's 'emotions' when it is translated. Of course to some of us learning another language with just the reason of reading SOTUS is an absurd idea. LOL! This is the best I can do, and I hope that everyone will follow my rules. I must repeat that if I find any part of my translations posted anywhere I will stop. This is a very serious and sensitive issue as I was myself a fanfic author before and when my fanfics were translated into other languages without my knowledge I wasn't so happy with it.

But with that said, I have attempted to keep the writing style that Bittersweet uses, it may be against my education, trust me it is very hard for me to write and know it's not proper English form, but I want to keep it as Bittersweet intended it to flow. There are even some sentences that make me cringe because it isn't 'right' in my opinion, that is when I tell myself that this is Bittersweet's words, I am only a tool to translate it. I know we have Google, but we have all seen what a GREAT job Google can do. (sarcasm) LOL! So, please excuse a couple of odd sounding/looking sentences/paragraphs, I am writing it as close to the actual novel as possible. 

Once chapter one is finished I will upload it as a file and you guys can download it. 

I know some method but i cant remember it now (i'm already old T_T) I usually do it to some of my work

i need to recall it again

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, salz said:

thank you very much @delightful for all your translation and subtitle :wub:

i promise everything from you is only for my private eyes alone and no one else..i appreciate your hard work B)

anyway hi ^^

new here since i just start watching Sotus this week which i regret not waiting until the drama end to watch so now im suffering waiting every week smh :( 

i started watching because of Gunsmile since i like him in LoveSick and hoping he got his own partner here which seem he gonna get :P 

im also falling in love with the main couple of course since they have amazing chemistry despite slow burn romance lol :P 

at first im curious about their real life age since i have big feeling it the opposite in real life and to my delight it truly is when i search their info that Singto is older..and the best part is they are real life senior-junior same school which make it even better knowing the chemistry coming from real life friendship:wub: i hope to know more about these two since this should be their first acting? they kinda remind me a little of QingYu where they are real life bff before working in Counterattack and the chemistry just on fire both on-off screen :P 

seem they gonna kiss during the beach???hope there will not be cut or at least shown in uncut version;)

im also falling for New(Aim) and Tiw? the representative since both so handsome which make me hope they have their own love story lol but well Aim have it with the girl so no BL for him :P 

Omg i accidentally clicked quote instead of like (stupid me)

hi :) 

sorry for my mistake (i need to post it no matter what happen because my phone having some problem)

3 hours ago, Kate Kang Sunyalux said:

Can't wait for this Saturday. I want to know which scene is this but I'm looking forward to.

CuFR8BOUAAE5PhZ.jpg

Got something cute from twitter.

CuFI-mFVIAEB38f.jpg

6 pink milk for p'arthit

• Like 6

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone! xD

Regarding Oaujun:

@dreadaeleonkvothe, @Jay BudLight & @_-Mio-_, hahaha I’m so excited for the beach episode and I’m not sure if it is for the right reason :P

Btw, @dreadaeleonkvothe, I just use the same nickname he's using in his Instagram handle - I'm kinda new to Thai language so I'm not sure how I should romanise his or other names/nicknames hehe. Btw, this pic you've posted of New and Krist is giving me LIFE lol

And yeah, @tsoon0708, his Instagram profile is so personal and yet so aesthetic - he's a natural talent hahaha I fail at being both in my own profile :( 

@welp, he's such a great dancer! Thank you for the video. <3
Personally, this is my favorite video from his dancing.

Now... GUYS, just two days until we get our hands on the 8th episode AAAA I'm so excited!
How do you think it will be? I mean, from what I've read here, I hope we have two chapters for the beach segment lol it would be so unfair to try everything that happens in only 40 minutes :( 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, laio said:

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone! xD

Regarding Oaujun:

@dreadaeleonkvothe, @Jay BudLight & @_-Mio-_, hahaha I’m so excited for the beach episode and I’m not sure if it is for the right reason :P

Btw, @dreadaeleonkvothe, I just use the same nickname he's using in his Instagram handle - I'm kinda new to Thai language so I'm not sure how I should romanise his or other names/nicknames hehe. Btw, this pic you've posted of New and Krist is giving me LIFE lol

And yeah, @tsoon0708, his Instagram profile is so personal and yet so aesthetic - he's a natural talent hahaha I fail at being both in my own profile :( 

@welp, he's such a great dancer! Thank you for the video. <3
Personally, this is my favorite video from his dancing.

Now... GUYS, just two days until we get our hands on the 8th episode AAAA I'm so excited!
How do you think it will be? I mean, from what I've read here, I hope we have two chapters for the beach segment lol it would be so unfair to try everything that happens in only 40 minutes :( 

I hope they stretch that beach episode... more beach scenes = more abs. haha 

Now I need to get myself together and forget about abs... Soo, I read here somewhere,someone posted, he/she said that there are a lot of things happening on the beach and it's not enough for one episode, that's why I think we should get at least 2 episodes there. 

I am so lazyyy this week, didn't even make any screenshots and I planned to do some... I don't know why my BS player acts up when I take screenshots... (It's definitely because of Arthit and his cuteness... aha) it's so weird. Blocked my PC for couple of times. Really gets on my nerves. I need to get rid of it... but I like BSP... what should I do? Just 'break up' or try to not screenshot every little second when Krist does expressions that makes me go crazy... but really I can't capture them with photos... GIF's are much better. XD 

Off Topic:

Spoiler

These days I've been screaming, going crazyyyy and watching all those concerts on V LIVE and this weekend there are more... I can't help it! :lol: I also can't forget my BTS. Oh Uh I need to get myself ready for Sunday... 

So My schedule for next 3 days (can change ofc LOL):

Friday - Asia Song Festival acoustic fest. (I don't want to miss it... Eric Nam and Sam Kim <3 )

Saturday - AMN Showcase (KNK, KNK, KNK... It's nice knowing that Roh Ji Hoon will be there too, I don't even want to talk about other artists that will be there that I like. ehh)

- SOTUS NEW EPISODE!!!!!! *partyyyy*

Sunday - 2016 Asia Song Festival ( EXOOOO and Yixing's solo debut... NCT, Simon Dominic, Seventeen... *screams*)

- BTS WINGS preview show!!!! *goes crazy*

maybe... just maybe... I'll tune in to DMC Korean Music Wave concert... haha

THIS IS MY WEEKEND PEOPLE. :w00t: 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, taurean10 said:

OMG:w00t::w00t:!..I come back here after days and I see this!!.....truly truly....you are a gift from heavens for all of us here.....bigggg hug for you....Thank you so much.......I believe everyone here would stick to your rules....but this site is open and people can steal stuff without registering or logging in...can you make it so that the only people who can take it are the people who are posting on this thread?.....I'm going to pray hard that no one breaks the rules and cause you to stop translating...coz we want to read this so damn bad.

Yes yes. Im agree with @taurean10 . Im often see something from here got screenshoted in IG without the username from the owner who post it.. and they even dare just give credit to the one who screenshot it.. :tears:

• Like 4