[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

I think the strength of these two two actors is the expressiveness of their faces. It allows them to deliver what the character requires. Not sure if they clearly depict the characters as they are built up in the book as I have not the read it but from what I read in the discussions, I can say that they really are effective in delivering the message. Those who have read it may be at a particular advantage than those who have not in terms of having an insider look on the thoughts running though the minds of any character in a particular moment, but it also gives those who have not read an opportunity to come up with their own perceptions based on the expressions of the actors. I think this is one of the many things that capture their audience. Like in reading, the author puts meaning to the words that he uses but readers are also able to create their own meaning out of the situations, words used, and personal biases. This is the reason why individuals may have differing views on a book. But again, I think these actors have been consistent since the first episode in making the audience relate to them. Their faces just speak! :heart:

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, bookfaenframe said:

Yessss OMG that future scene will kill me if it has the same tension!! Such good angst~ :vicx: (I'm sooo sadistic that I can't wait to see Arthit miserably lovesick for Kongpob hehe it's the besttt)

:lol:....I'm a sucker for a good angst too....something about guys brooding and missing their beloved:wub:....I know its sadistic but so good when its done right....I think the show will add some jealousy scenes for Arthit too...theres a scene in the teaser where Kong is riding a bicycle with May....what if this happens during the separation period and Arthit sees them and gets jealous like hell.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, greenfan said:

tumblr_nuwxh5qGSX1uy5si5o1_500.png

Can they be any cuter? :) Isn't Kong so thin? I noticed this when he was in their basketball jersey. 

*credits to the owner/s

Singto is self-aware of his current physical state...

Screen_Shot_2016_09_20_at_19_28_17.png

but he still can slug it out if needed be, just like on this related pic you've posted...

11910238_1650455685200682_1259691015_n_1

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, erngust said:

Singto is self-aware of his current physical state...

Screen_Shot_2016_09_20_at_19_28_17.png

but he still can slug it out if needed be, just like on this related pic you've posted...

11910238_1650455685200682_1259691015_n_1

Haha. He needs to hit the gym and a good protein diet. But I'm sure he's busy. Not complaining though. Just a worried fan :) 

• Like 1

@delightful Thank you so much for subbing episode 5! Good thing I found causatious's post on Tumblr. I also like the closing credits song. Eventhough GmmTV is starting to the series, it would still take a long time for them to reach the next episodes so I hope you will still continue to sub the future episodes.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, lolalarue said:

I definitely think Arthit likes Kong, but he's still not really sure 1) What he's actually feeling (ie I don't think he's okay with it as such) and 2) Whether Kong is being serious with him or not. 

I can't wait till ep 6. where we have Kong caring for Arthit. 

I agree with number 2. When Arthit asked him about the gear badge, he said he'll make Arthit his boyfriend to get the badge so Arthit will have doubts on his sincerity.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

There's no news about Prem and Wad?:neutral:

I hope they have some scenes together in the next episode. I saw in the opening credits that Wad is helping Prem during that scene where the students were beating someone behind the fence. It turned out to be Prem and Wad was supporting him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yves George Sanchez said:

I hope they have some scenes together in the next episode. I saw in the opening credits that Wad is helping Prem during that scene where the students were beating someone behind the fence. It turned out to be Prem and Wad was supporting him.

Yeah I've seen that scene, hope that will happen soon. There's no Prem and Wad scene in ep 5 make me so disappointed, wish more scenes in ep 6:confounded:

4 hours ago, taurean10 said:

About the bold part.....I'll put it in spoiler tag if anyone doesn't want to get spoiled....

Arthit is not mad while giving the gear to Kong...

Reveal hidden contents

he gets mad coz Kong gives it back to Arthit and tells him to take care of it for him...you know like how guys give their girlfriends their rings or stuff to say "you belong to me" or something. Arthit the dummy thinks Kongs giving it back to show his disrespect for him and gets mad. So kong tells Arthit to ask his senior what's the significance of the gear. Arthit chokes on his drink when his senior tells him the gear is like the heart... something like that. This all happens during the final stages of sotus orientation....

In the last chapter Arthit hands over his own gear to Kong and tells him the same thing...take care of it for me.

And don't worry about the separation its not long. It needs to happen for Arthit to accept his feelings for Kong. In the book it was only few chapters...and they did keep running into each other so it was not a total separation. Kong just didn't approach Arthit and respected his wish to keep his distance.

Little bit of cute coincidence or shall we call it fate.....the senior girl who gave Kong books in epi 3 was also code 0062, same as Kong. She'll be getting married later to code 0206...which was also Arthit's code. So looks like codes 0062 and 0206 are destined for each other.:)

thank you for the spoiler, i really want to read novel. how can you use Google translate and bing to read the novel? do you translate it 1 whole chapter or every each sentence? 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, greenfan said:

Haha. He needs to hit the gym and a good protein diet. But I'm sure he's busy. Not complaining though. Just a worried fan :) 

with his current load, ie UPrince shooting with August, and studies, gym could be out of priority...

Screen_Shot_2016_09_20_at_19_54_26.png

but speaking of gym, hope he could get to hang-out again with his old buddy, .... for gym inspiration  :phew:

Spoiler

singto_thearthe.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, greenfan said:

So, I found Singto and Krist's IG accounts and found out Krist has more followers. Has Krist been in the industry longer than Singto? I can sense Singto's humility in his posts. He's just so adorable :) And he's my favorite. I die every time he gives that open-wide smile :) How about you, guys? I mean, we could we biased sometimes. Who's Team Arthit and who's Team Kong? Hehe.

I think he's a child actor back then. I saw some of his pictures when he was little. He had a long hair that time. Regarding teams, I'm Team Both. hahaha. Although, I'm also Team Prem/Wad.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, greenfan said:

I think the strength of these two two actors is the expressiveness of their faces. It allows them to deliver what the character requires. Not sure if they clearly depict the characters as they are built up in the book as I have not the read it but from what I read in the discussions, I can say that they really are effective in delivering the message. Those who have read it may be at a particular advantage than those who have not in terms of having an insider look on the thoughts running though the minds of any character in a particular moment, but it also gives those who have not read an opportunity to come up with their own perceptions based on the expressions of the actors. I think this is one of the many things that capture their audience. Like in reading, the author puts meaning to the words that he uses but readers are also able to create their own meaning out of the situations, words used, and personal biases. This is the reason why individuals may have differing views on a book. But again, I think these actors have been consistent since the first episode in making the audience relate to them. Their faces just speak! :heart:

Agree with you, actors are all doing a fine job depicting the various emotions the characters are going through and I've confidence in them for future epis too.

But there were a few instances in the past epis where I felt the scene could have made a better impact if done differently but thats a problem with the directing and editing, not the actors. Actors are mostly all on point.  

For example..In epi 1.....In the cafeteria when after messing with Kong, Arthit brings his face very close to Kong's and taunts him in a low voice. This scene was in the book too. But I don't think anyone noticed that Arthit grabbed Kong's tie to bring him closer and Kong is bothered with the sudden closeness....Singto portrayed this scene fine...he showed his nervousness by swallowing...but the camera angle was such we could not see Arthit grabbing the tie....this scene should've had a bigger impact coz of its relevance to another scene later.

There are lots of moments coming up in the next episodes where Kong is thinking about his feelings for Arthit, his attraction for him, his fears, his frustration over his impulsive mouth that can't stop making Arthit mad one way or the other. As I said I have confidence in the actors. And even though everything looks fine in the teasers, I'm a bit worried about the editing... 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, fani308 said:

thank you for the spoiler, i really want to read novel. how can you use Google translate and bing to read the novel? do you translate it 1 whole chapter or every each sentence? 

Both translators translate one whole chapter at once....

This is the link for the online version of the novel in thai...

http://writer.dek-d.com/-bittersweet-/writer/view.php?id=974010

Just copy-paste the link into the space given for the translation matter in google translate or bing translator.....choose the language you want and press translate and the whole page translates at once.

Then keep clicking on the chapters links....google translate will do the rest.

• Like 4