[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

Thank you for B-Day wishes @jaelephy @suaang @taurean10 :heart:

1 hour ago, fani308 said:

happy reading :) the translation quite good so it won't be a problem. 

Is there anyone watch ep 5 already? 

Reveal hidden contents

when kong and pear holding hands when they are about to sit and sing, did arthit jealous? cause i see arthit rolling his eyes or is it just me? :huh:

Read first 10 chapters and now gonna continue. If everything works on my tablet, I think I know what I'll be doing tonight... xD

I've seen it on Saturday. :P Are you watching uncut version? I just saw that scene again and in the cut version I don't see his face when they are just about to sing. I haven't seen uncut version, waiting for subs. ^^

• Like 3

Guest delightful

IT'S DONE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the subsoft .a** file, it's not pretty because I thought you guys wanted the subs more than to see pretty font colors. I'll add on to it myself later. Anywho, here it is. If there's anything wrong with them please let me know.

Episode 5 softsubs https://ufile.io/c9d17

This is the .srt softsubs https://ufile.io/02020

For hardsubs, I don't think a lot of us need the hardsub since we all know how to use softsubs, right? Let me know otherwise. I can rest now.. :bawling:

***In the future, please send me the hd raw files faster so I can get it out sooner. Like I said, I'll do it in around 2 days.... since I'm FREAKIN' HOOOOOKED on this series now!!!!!! I think Kong's wish is going to be for his wifey to spend the entire day with him shopping and hanging out... not sure.. just guessing. ^_^***

11 minutes ago, delightful said:

IT'S DONE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the subsoft .a** file, it's not pretty because I thought you guys wanted the subs more than to see pretty font colors. I'll add on to it myself later. Anywho, here it is. If there's anything wrong with them please let me know.

For hardsubs, I don't think a lot of us need the hardsub since we all know how to use softsubs, right? Let me know otherwise. I can rest now.. :bawling:

***In the future, please send me the hd raw files faster so I can get it out sooner. Like I said, I'll do it in around 2 days.... since I'm FREAKIN' HOOOOOKED on this series now!!!!!! I think Kong's wish is going to be for his wifey to spend the entire day with him shopping and hanging out... not sure.. just guessing. ^_^***

THANK YOU SO MUCH :heart:  Yes please do rest! You're amazing for doing this for us!!! :)

Sorry I haven't been very active because things have been pretty busy for me... But hello to all the new people! I'll try and catch up on the rest of the posts that I missed tomorrow when I have more free time ^^

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, delightful said:

I think Kong's wish is going to be for his wifey to spend the entire day with him shopping and hanging out... not sure.. just guessing. ^_^***

Yeah that'll be his wish. They'll go shopping for kongs niece's birthday gift and lunch and then to movies. Then after coming back they find Arthit's room is flooded and he has to stay over with Kong. Thats when he finds out his balcony is opposite to kongs and Kong's been watching him all this time. He gets mad thinking Kong must have told all his friends and made fun of him behind his back. Kong blurts out he'd never tell anyone coz he doesn't want anyone else to get close to Arthit more than him. Things get super awkward after that...and the angst begins.

@delightful 

You better get some rest.....you've to do this again coming sunday...pretty please:cookie:

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, _-Mio-_ said:

Read first 10 chapters and now gonna continue. If everything works on my tablet, I think I know what I'll be doing tonight... xD

I've seen it on Saturday. :P Are you watching uncut version? I just saw that scene again and in the cut version I don't see his face when they are just about to sing. I haven't seen uncut version, waiting for subs. ^^

happy birthday to you :blush: wish you alk the best. hope it's no too late. 

33 minutes ago, delightful said:

thank you so so much. you work hard for subbing this in just 2 days :flushed: now i'll watch it. thank you again. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, arsidians said:

it's actually the same in Indonesia too, there has been several physical injury and death cases too before, especially from those colleges that has 'military-like' system in its curriculum.
but after the government forbid any physical contact for this kind of event (SOTUS in Thai, OSPEK in Indonesia), those cases are decreasing to non-existence. and nowadays OSPEK is mainly focused on preparing freshmen to enter college life, by giving them tasks such as asking signature from the seniors, homework, sometimes there even a national record breaking in some universities here in Indonesia. and most of the time it was a fun activity, plus a little bit drama from seniors who keep trying to blame every single mistakes they found from freshmen. 

oh hi there, :D
where do you stay in Thailand? i'm indonesian and staying in bangkok

i kind of wondering the same thing, here in kasetsart university (the university where both singto and krist enrolled :phew:) they held the event for several weeks since this semester started back in august, just a few days ago they finished the freshy night and chose the freshy boy and freshy girl. that freshy night is a very big event, they held a concert in rugby field and there were a popular Thai band performing and the MC is one of the side cast in Hormones the series (the one that is a friend with Win, a brother of Khwan, and Sprite's boyfriend, i forgot who is he) why didn't they contact their seniors (read: singto and krist) to be the MC instead :bawling:. i thought that after that the event will be totally finished, but there are several activities for those freshmen to continue until this week.

back in my university in indonesia, they held this orientation days for only 3-7 days (...for freshmen, and the committee is the juniors, and held in campus level), this is the easiest OSPEK for me, then another 3 days (...after i became sophomore, and the committee is the juniors, and held in faculty level), then another 2 months (...still for the sophomore and held by the juniors, in departement/major level), after i enter junior year we held the event for sophomore and we were SOTUSed (disciplined/watched/controlled/under supervision) by seniors for 2 months :scream: this is the most tiring, we held the event and also get the blame from the senior. then in senior year we supervised the junior and we were also supervised by alumni, we didn't really do anything in particular except 'helping' juniors preparing the event (of course by nagging, comparing to the time we were the committee, protesting here and there), but if there's mistakes, we still get the blame from alumni. so in my whole year in university i spent about one semester being SOTUSed :unamused:. but that way we tend to have stronger bond, and healthier relationship with each other compared to other major in my faculty :lol:

okay i forgot to mention what kind of activities that we actually did there, mostly we're having fun by dancing (the junior year will be given a choreography by the senior) called as 'ornamen'
some of us even do it in public place (because we're too attached to the choreo) like here:

https://youtu.be/2F1JAZOwTg4

that one was actually the choreography for the sophomore (it's me and my friend during our junior year/when we're the committee) face painting, drawing (actually it's designing our department park/garden due to our major, landscape architecture), gardening (applying what we designed before), performing musics, songs, dances, trip and camping to highlands, playing games, and making a 'masterpiece' from recycled materials like this

B27FVNQCYAASKUq.jpg:large

that lion is made from old newspaper, the lion's mane is made from outer part of coconut fruit (? coconut's skin) the height is about 1.6 meters, and many other activity that mainly involve creativity and hours of work. but there's still scolding from the 'elder' that creates all the dramas, but there is no physical punishments. sorry for this whole random ramblings:lol:

13 hours ago, delightful said:

Yes, Thai Universities do have this type of hazing tradition, but it isn't to this extreme. If a new student got hurt from the hazing then it would be a big deal, the tradition is meant for the new students to become friends with their new friends and build a good friendship system. And also a buddy-like system for the new students with the older seniors. The tradition was created so that the seniors would be approachable when the new students needed guidance in school or personal life. But the series dramatized it for our viewing pleasure, it even says so at the beginning of the show that I just translated. So don't worry, about this happening in a real Thai school, and if it does that senior would be punished and could be expelled if the teachers/professors are notified.

From experience... damn giving away my age again... We only played games here and there. The ones that arrived late were made to sing that chicken song in front of everyone. No one was really targeted or called out individually or harassed to the point of doing 54 rounds of the soccer field. We played games, face painting, putting flowers in our hairs, and basically telling us what the individual senior's best traits are so we could go to them for advice. I think it was very friendly and fun. We also planned a camping/survival style kind of trip to a rural countryside with our groups, but none of us were forced to come. Okay, enough of my rambling.

Discovering this series was the first time hearing about SOTUS, i study at Assumption University(ABAC) and we never did anything like this( maybe we did but i missed it) but we do have freshy night. Watching SOTUS, i thought it was weird that i am here in Thailand, studying here, but never heard of SOTUS (weird, maybe i am leaving under a rock, or my university just doesn't have the tradition).

Late introduction, i love this series so much that i cant get enough, i currently live in Bangkok and i am lucky to have friends who initiated me to the awesomeness of Thai BL( started from Love Sick). I first started watching Thai BL because i wanted to improve on my Thai, so I am learning Thai and enjoying the BL experience. I have been on lurk mode since day 1 in this thread and love all the reactions and interactions in here. I migrated to this thread after MIR finished airing, thank the stars i did, i found this gem called SOTUS,.

• Like 3

Ok, so I've been reading quite a few forums here in Soompi and it's Sotus that made me sign up for an account. I guess you could tell how hooked I am in this series :) Thanks for all of you who put so much effort in fulfilling the needs of fans from all over. I'm so glad the new soft subs has been released. But since I do not know how to use it, I just downloaded a mobile srt reader. I'll just content myself first in reading while waiting for the hard subs. I've seen the raw file of episode 5 anyway and I can't wait to know what the conversations were. Again, thanks and I look forward to more exciting discussions here. Can I just say that I'm so smitten whenever Kong and Arhit talk to each other? I think the production did a good job in building up their relationship. We're on the 5th episode already and they're still on the flirting and confused stage. I don't think fans are complaining since they're giving us good heart-throbbing moments each time :) Time to read the soft subs. Love from the Philippines <3

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, delightful said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :heart:

You should rest now. Great work you do, my friend. :wub::wub:

29 minutes ago, taurean10 said:

Yeah that'll be his wish. They'll go shopping for kongs niece's birthday gift and lunch and then to movies. Then after coming back they find Arthit's room is flooded and he has to stay over with Kong. Thats when he finds out his balcony is opposite to kongs and Kong's been watching him all this time. He gets mad thinking Kong must have told all his friends and made fun of him behind his back. Kong blurts out he'd never tell anyone coz he doesn't want anyone else to get close to Arthit more than him. Things get super awkward after that...and the angst begins.

@delightful 

You better get some rest.....you've to do this again coming sunday...pretty please:cookie:

Does this really happen in the novel? just guessing?

Anyway, I am guessing that angst will start when those two slowly start realizing their feelings for each other,

• Like 5

4 hours ago, whitedove said:

29 Oct, but tickets are already available today. You can check GMMTV ig account for details or ask around at one of sotus' fanaccounts. (Sorry I can't give you the fanaccount names since I don't follow them, Lovesick and WhiteCaptain's fanaccounts are already too much for me lol.)

Thank you for the info!! I'll check that out and if in case I'll be able to go to the event, I'll post some photos here =))

• Like 2

1 hour ago, delightful said:

Can someone explain how I can open the file on my phone? Or what I need to do to open the file? 

And thanks delightful :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, _-Mio-_ said:

Does this really happen in the novel? just guessing?

Anyway, I am guessing that angst will start when those two slowly start realizing their feelings for each other,

It really happens. That line was more clearly translated by bing translator. Arthit even asks him what he thinks of him...but kong steps back and changes the subject...not wanting to lose even the little bit of closeness he has gained with Arthit. Arthit decides to behave as nothing happened. But then Kong confesses his feelings when he thinks Arthit is sleeping (scene from the teaser when they are sleeping in the same bed) Arthit hears it and the next morning Arthit starts avoiding Kong. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, samvilerow23 said:

sorry to butt in but in kiss the series, are newwie and his partner's story had a significant air time? because if so i will watch it right now lol

EDIT: Newwie isn't even in the opening credits of Kiss the series so i guess imma take a pass on this one. 

I've watched Kiss the series months ago and Newwie and Tawan had a very few airtime. You might not get the same feeling as with Sotus because it seems that Newwie and Tawan are best buds in real life so I guess it's kind of awkward for them to act as lovers in the series but their pair up seems to catched some viewer's attention. You can check GMM TV's youtube channel to see some interviews and of course, the series.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, delightful said:

thank you so much!!!!!! :bawling::bawling:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ogashev said:

I've watched Kiss the series months ago and Newwie and Tawan had a very few airtime. You might not get the same feeling as with Sotus because it seems that Newwie and Tawan are best buds in real life so I guess it's kind of awkward for them to act as lovers in the series but their pair up seems to catched some viewer's attention. You can check GMM TV's youtube channel to see some interviews and of course, the series.

thanks. i watched like 4 episodes on kissasian so far but i kept skipping it because they don't seem to have that much air time and the series clearly wasn't interested in highlighting their story as a couple.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, samvilerow23 said:

thanks. i watched like 4 episodes on kissasian so far but i kept skipping it because they don't seem to have that much air time and the series clearly wasn't interested in highlighting their story as a couple.

Their relationship is important to the plot of theso in later episodes it does come up quite a bit. I don't want to spoil the plot of the show 

Spoiler

But if you really want to know jealousy on one of the guys part is why the main girl ends up in bed with her friend naked and it what sets of the pregnancy scare storyline. 

I mean the show isn't about their relationship so they are secondary characters but I liked the show alot. 

• Like 2