[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

CASTING: Kwak Dong-yon is the new Kim Byong-yeon as Lee Seo-won dropped-out due to personal reasons [Source]

Kim Seung-soo Instagram Update, 13 July 2016

kim_seung_soo71: my son Bogum-ie and childhood friend Dongyeon-ie..
dependable punks^^
[prkbgm]

CnOnUW1WcAAy50y.jpg

Source

Chae Soo-bin Instagram Update, 12 July 201613702986_273063549720762_2050991707_n.jp

13597827_1573943696245073_945020674_n.jp

Source | Source

• Like 12

Oh ehm gee. I was actually hoping for Kwak Dongyeon to be casted in Gureumi initially so I should be over the moon for this. But they already filmed 5 episodes, right? Does Kim Byeongyeon have that small of a part in the first 5 episodes that they can replace the actor 1/4 of the way without hitting a snag in the filming schedule? Ahhhhh. I am conflicted about this. At the same time, I am now really hoping against hope that Kim Byeongyeon will not be a mere sidekick/wallflower in this drama because that will be such a waste of Kwak Dongyeon's acting talent. Thanks for the update, @bisous

@shbrn I also remember watching that episode and I had the opposite reaction. I wanted them to work together after that. I am of the opinion that he'll come around and change his opinion once they have a chance to work together. Yoojung's charm is no joke and I think they'll become friends. ^_^

2 days 'til the release of the first teaser!!!

Edit: Soobin's looking so pretty in her hanbok! Will we get a chance to see Yoojungie in hanbok as well?
  • Like 13

Oh pretty! But what's with this puppy again? Does anyone have it or is it related to drama? It worries me that one actor dropped after filming for a month but I know  KDY from Inspiring Generation he was so good I watched drama till childhood flashback ends. 

• Like 9

Guest MaknaeC

MDBC indoor set

Raonie's house

%EA%B5%AC%EB%A5%B4%EB%AF%B8-%EA%B7%B8%EB

PBG's dressing room

Spoiler

Source : http://office.kbs.co.kr/suwon/archives/63689 via mdbc dc

---------------------

MDBC official said that they hold that bombastic dance joseon version to appeal to the viewers before the broadcast. PBG prepared a lot for that event and he enjoyed the performance. The official also said that they're planning to held another promotion (not only that bombastic dance joseon version) as special gift for people who are waiting for this drama.

Source : http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=018&aid=0003585822

I'm ready for the gift! Give me another epic promotion :) 

Guest MaknaeC

About this changing line-up~

I'm so curious what exactly happened behind the scene and what the exact reason why Seowon dropped out from this drama. This drama is the opportunity to showcase his talent as a rookie. I'm so happy when a rookie actor like him cast in a drama since nowadays k-dramaland is too saturated with idol (not that I'm against idol turned actor, I support some of them who are talented. But I wish to see more rookie actors because it's their own field). It's a pity, but hope the best for him.

But on the other side, this news blown me away to the moon and back, just like you @iamia, I'm so happy!! I always wanted to see Yoojung and Dongyeon work together in a drama/movie after they became guests back then in Radio Star 2014. Their bickering moment was so cute because both of them have strong personality. It was their first meeting but they've this kind of weird chemistry lol. So, I'm really looking forward to this. Hope that his acting talent and Kim Sat Gat's story is not going to be wasted due to this sudden change.  Also, hope this sudden change doesn't affect the filming schedule and the other actors' condition too much since they are most likely going to re-shoot and change the script a little bit.

---------------------------------------

On 7/13/2016 at 4:22 PM, gummymybear said:

Finally Chae Soobin~~

Based on CSB pic and @MaknaeC's info a week ago, I believe they already held MDBC poster photo shoot. I think that cute puppy in CSB's pic is same with the one KYJ held in her IG photos.

Thank you for update^^

CSB looks beautiful with that gorgeous hanbok! Actually I'm not sure if it's poster filming or magazine photoshoot to promote mdbc, but yes it's the same cute puppy and looks like she's filming in the same place with Yoojung. Look at the floor

Spoiler

13534336_1796032823959193_2067836045_n.j

13597827_1573943696245073_945020674_n.jp

About what should we call ourself, how about Lunarian? :glasses: LOL

@shbrn It's ok. We have different reactions to everything. No need to edit... ^_^ And yes, uri Yoojungie is full of charm, I'm positive they'll all be friends by the end of the drama. :)

@MaknaeC Thanks for the pictures and updates. I suddenly felt for Hong Raon after seeing that dilapidated house. Life truly must have been difficult for her and her family... Oh my gosh, I agree 100% regarding Dongyeon. I also lowkey shipped Dongyeon and Yoojung after that Radio Star episode. I even watch a fanmade video of them from time to time. Hehehe. :D I am ecstatic that he gets to work with Yoojung in this drama. While I feel sorry for Lee Sowon for dropping out (I sincerely hope all is well in his personal life), I also can't help but feel happy because Kwak Dongyeon's inclusion in the drama made the ensemble of actors/actresses stronger. Bogum, Yoojung and Dongyeon are all very solid in their acting. I will just need Jinyoung to blow me away (I haven't seen him act, tbh) and I'll be set! Of course, the writers and director will need to do a good job too... :phew:

I also echo your worries about the refilming of scenes and the possible changes to the script to accomodate the changing of actors. Refilming all of the Kim Byeongyeon scenes may be taxing to the rest of the cast and may set the whole team back on their schedule. Then again, it'll be awful if they will just cut back/minimize all the Byeongyeon scenes to salvage the situation. I don't know which scenario is worse, to be honest. Dilemma...

Update: The flash mob made it to the news...

I dunno if this picture's new but I think this is the first time I saw it...

Great fanart:

Another picture of Bogum and Jinyoung?

• Like 8

Kwak Dong-yeon joins Moonlight Drawn By Clouds as Park Bo-gum’s best friend

by tineybeanie | July 13, 2016 | 7 Comments

photo Moonlight1 1.jpg

As a late addition to the upcoming youth sageuk Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, former child actor Kwak Dong-yeon (Come Back, Ajusshi) will join the cast as Kim Byeong-yeon, Joseon’s best swordsman and Crown Prince Hyomyeong’s best friend. You might recognize Kwak from some of his previous works as the youth counterpart in period dramas like Age of Feeling and Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love. He recently also put in a comical performance in Modern Farmer, where he played the immature but adorable maknae drummer in a rock band.

Just a quick synopsis of Moonlight Drawn By Clouds in case you don’t follow Bo-gummie news as religiously as I do: Set the in the Joseon dynasty, the youth drama follows the story of a prince’s first love. Park Bo-gum (Answer Me 1988) stars as Crown Prince Hyomyeong, who was known for his scholarly pursuits. One day outside the palace walls, he encounters Kim Yoo-jung (Secret Door), who is impersonating a male, and giving out advice on girls to her fellow Sungkyunkwan classmates. The crown prince takes a liking to the feminine-looking youth, and offers him/her a position as his chief eunuch advisor. From then on, we’ll get to see lots of cute romantic gender-swap confusion ensue.

Kwak Dong-yeon’s character, Kim Byeong-yeon, and Crown Prince Hyomyeong have been inseparable friends since childhood. Kim’s personality is described as foolishly bright, but with a steady loyal heart toward his prince. He’s the only person in whom the lonely and often all-too-serious Crown Prince Hyomyeong can really confide all his worries and troubles, until Kim Yoo-jung enters the palace as a eunuch. The best friend will be a willing participant in the future escapades and misadventures of the crown prince and his eunuch advisor, and act as a bridge for the two lovers.

Bo-gummie and some of his cast mates also recently did a surprise flash mob performance near Gwanghwamun to promote the drama in full sageuk dress. It’s absolutely hilarious, and lots of videos taken by fans are floating out in the Instagram universe.

Monday-Tuesday KBS drama Moonlight Drawn By Clouds will start airing in August.

Spoiler

photo MoonDBC5.jpg

photo MoonDBC4.jpg

photo MoonDBC2.jpg

photo MoonDBC6.jpg

Via Osen, Busan News

Dramabeans

• Like 13

15 hours ago, MaknaeC said:

About what should we call ourself, how about Lunarian? :glasses: LOL

Great! I love it ;) Lunarian sounds cool :D

I'd love to see another fantastic promo apart from usual Kdrama promo (e.g teaser video, poster etc). And yes it's quite appealing for me too. It reminds me of Dream High when they did a flashmob dance to promote DH's album in ep16, and it worked!

• Like 5

I am now making noises only dogs can hear. *squeaaaaals* My gosh, I am squealing over pictures! PICTURES!!! This is what this drama is doing to me. But dang, they are really doing a good job of capturing heart-racing moments. That peach garment looks so pretty in that scene, they look so cute and Kim Yoonsung seems to be a gentleman. Wae are you like this, show? Why are you making me feel like this? We better get cuter and more heart-racing pics/vid clips of the main couple tomorrow!!! I can't afford to have second lead syndrome. *clings to LeeYeong-HongRaon couple*

I am glad the dramabeans article mentioned that Hong Raon is supposed to be feminine looking. That will help stop complaints of Yoojung not looking manly enough.

Tomorrow is D-Day!!!! Can't wait for the first teaser!!!

Edit: Saw just now the picture of Lee Yeong and Raon. *melts into a puddle* How did I miss this? Mooooooore pictures, juseyo!!!

• Like 10

@iamia let me join you melting into a puddle :P  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Seems like KBS will never give us chance to rest from now on. Started with Boombastic dance to Prince & his eunuch's short video to July 15th teaser. And now this! My heart's going boombastic seeing PBG and KYJ's new still. :wub:

How can I survive till August 15th?? Good job, KBS, good job... :bawling:

• Like 12