Bosco Wong

Raymond Wong

Tracy Chu

Oscar Leung

Angel Chiang

Rebecca Chan

Jerry Ku

Synopsis

CID officer Lai Yat-tsau (Bosco Wong) parents died early, leaving him to take care of his three younger sisters. First younger sister Lai Suk-chu (Kayi Cheung) is a kindergarten teacher who is kind but gullible. Middle younger sister Jil Lai Suk-si (Tracy Chu) is a luxury brand salesperson. She is immature and money hungry. She originally dated Yat-tsau's partner Fai Chung-lim (Raymond Wong) because he is a rich restaurant heir, but after years of dating she really fell-in-love with him and wants him to quit the police force because of the dangers that comes with the job, also for him to return to being a rich heir. Youngest sister Fanny Lai Suk-fan (Angel Chiang) is rude and lazy, who refuses to find a job. She is also the only one in the family that is married. Her husband Ma Chi-chung (Oscar Leung) works at the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, but his attitude is very similar to his wife and often mooches off of his in-laws.

Lai Yat-tsau is a reckless cop who does major damages to the streets of Hong Kong when he is chasing crooks. His recklessness drags his partner Chung-lim down with him. Together the pair are nicknamed "Faw Sui" Sir (which means "Kerosene" in Chinese) and "Fai Chia" Sir (which means "Firewood" in Chinese) because the two are tend to start a fire. When Yat-tsau's former informant Lui Kam-bo (Jerry Ku) seeks his protection from his recently released older twin brother Lui Kam-dong (Jerry Ku), that Kam-bo had helped Yat-tsau put in prison. Yat-tsau trails Kam-dong's every move to make sure he doesn't kill Kam-bo. During a drug bust between Kam-dong and his former gang, Yat-tsau gets attacked by the gangs guard dog named Bah-da (Hong Kong saying of the English word "Brother").

While recovering from a dog bite in the hospital his meets Ma Chi-ho (Linda Chung), who is more concern for Bah-da then Yat-tsau's injuries. Chi-ho's political correctness and bluntness ends up offending Yat-tsau which leads to the two becoming enemies. Ma Chi-ho is a veterinarian for the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department. Her love for animals overshadows her consideration for others and her blunt know it all attitude offends people she speaks to. Due to her love for dogs she became estrange with her mother Madam Chung, who is also Yat-tsau's new supervisor, when her mother had her police dog euthanized. Her younger brother who also happens to coincidentally be Yat-tsau's brother-in-law Chi-chung works alongside her, but he too can't stand her because she made him feel stupid when they where growing up.

To prevent Bah-da from being euthanized, Chi-ho must find a reason proving he is not a dangerous dog. When Bah-da sniff out an Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department employee with drugs on him, Chi-ho realizes that Bah-da knows how to detect illegal substances and recommends that Bah-da be train as a police dog. Madam Chung also forces Yat-tsau's to transfer to the Police Dog Unit so that he can learn some disciplinary.

Preview

OSTs

Linda Chung - You Understand Me

Vivian - Listen to The Sea

Ratings for Short End of the Stick and K9 Cop series are increasing

news5.jpg

TVB series, Short End of the Stick (公公出宮) and K9 Cop (警犬把打) were broadcasted on second day of Lunar New Year but the ratings was affected as many people were outside for house visiting. The ratings for Short End of the Stick series on first day was at 19 pts while K9 Cop was at 21 pts. On the second day, the ratings was at 23 pts and 24 pts for Short End of the Stick and K9 Cop series.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Raymond Wong starts to have passion for acting again

raymond.jpg

TVB series, K9 Cop (警犬巴打) starring Raymond Wong (黃浩然) as main lead is broadcasting currently and revealed he filmed the series after recovering from sickness. He also expressed his desire for acting again: "I have been resting for last year and started to film K9 Cop from July to September 2015. Hence, this gives me time to think about my work for past 8 to 9 years and I hope to be healthy and film more series in the new year. I start to have passion towards acting again after resting for a year."

When mentioned he was absented from TVB Anniversary Awards (台慶頒獎禮) last year due to sick leave, Raymond said: "I am close to Edwin Siu (蕭正楠) and Raymond Cho (曹永廉) and will crack some jokes on the stage. I have been sick for some time and the colleagues will ask about my health when bumped into them. I hope to tell everybody I have recovered."

Bosco Wong is injured as he falls down in the shower room

news7.JPG

On 15 February, Bosco Wong (黃宗澤), Tracy Chu (朱千雪) and Raymond Wong (黃浩然) were promoting the series, K9 Cop (警犬巴打). Bosco Wong mentioned again that he fell down and was injured in the shower room as the floor was old and did not have the power for anti slipping. However, he tolerated with the pain and stood up. When asked if he wished to have his other half due to this reason, Bosco laughed and said: "I think I need a medical alert but nobody can save me except for myself now."

Tracy Chu said she went to gym and cooked food at home on Valentine's Day and her phonebook did not have any female friend who was single. She added she was already 27 years old this year and did not date after growing up.

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal

• 2 weeks later...

Oscar Leung exposed Linda Chung felt unhappy to act as his elder sister

oscar1.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Jonathan Wong, Cilla Kung, Oscar Leung)

Artiste Cilla Kung (樂瞳), Oscar Leung (梁烈唯), Jonathan Wong (王梓軒) and others attended TVB event at Tseung Kwan O and when mentioned about Linda Chung's marriage news, Cilla replied she messaged to congratulate her and she responded me by wishing me a happy life. She added Linda's marriage made her wanted to get married as well.

Oscar expressed Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) acted as his younger sister previously but acted as his elder sister in K9 Cop (警犬巴打) series: "She feels very unhappy and might need to act as my mother after several years. It will be nice to see her acting as my mother if she is indeed pregnant."

Jonathan Wong did not have Linda's contact details

Next mentioning that Linda might withdraw from showbiz after married, Oscar felt her happiness was most important and Cilla wished to film series with Linda again. Jonathan expressed Linda was her female goddess and did not have her contact details despite filming Limelight Years (華麗轉身) series.

Source: Wacow
Translated by: Chloe.C

TVB Ratings Report (02/15/2016 - 02/21/2016)

Dramas
Short End of the Stick - 公公出宮 (EPS 5-9) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 34 PTS)

K9 Cop - 警犬巴打 (EPS 6-10) - 28 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 961-965) - 24 PTS

Weekend Episodes
K9 Cop - 警犬巴打 (EP 12) - 22 PTS *AIRED ON SUNDAY

K9 Cop - 警犬巴打 (EP 11) - 20 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY

Variety Shows
Feng Shui for the New Year - 新春開運王 - 21 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 21 PTS

Sunday Stage Fight - Sunday好戲王 - 21 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 20 PTS

Eat La Men - 男人食堂 - 17 PTS

3 Hungry Sisters - 為食3姊妹 - 16 PTS

SE Newbies On the Go - 社企打工王 - 15 PTS 

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Bosco Wong prefers smart and independent girls

bosco.jpg

Actor, Bosco Wong (黃宗澤) worked with Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) again in K9 Cop (警犬巴打) series and fell in love with Linda who acted as vet who had high IQ at 135. Bosco expressed he admired girls with high IQ and independence: "I prefer smart girl who can take care of herself and need not take care of me. I am busy working and she needs not care about me." When mentioned about his old love, Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) was married last year end, Bosco replied he was not anxious to get married and hope to meet his Ms Right.

Bosco disclosed he will be filming Behind-the-Scenes Player (幕後玩家) series with Priscilla Wong (黃翠如), Moon Lau (劉佩玥), Louis Cheung (張繼聰) and Edwin Siu (蕭正楠). Asking if he wished to have chemistry with new filming partner, Bosco replied Priscilla was taken while Moon resembled a little sister. When mentioning about the romance between Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) and Grace Chan (陳凱琳) resembled father and daughter relationship, Bosco said: "It is a low possibility. Moon's character does not suit me and she is very energetic and lively."

Felt bored when facing Linda Chung

Bosco has been filming series in Mainland China in recent years and returned to film series in Hong Kong after 6 months. He expressed it was a new feeling when facing Louis, Edwin, Tony Hung and other actors: "You definitely feel bored if see me acting in series all the time." Next mentioning about acting with Linda from The Gem of Life (珠光寶氣) to K9 Cop series, Bosco said: "I am facing Linda even when filming 8/10 series and I can die for you to see. (Cannot accept it?) Nope. It is boring."

Did not thought of becoming TV King

When asked if he was afraid of being compared to younger generation, Bosco said: "We are almost the same age and there is nothing to compare. Most importantly is I do my part well. (TV King competition is getting intense.) I definitely feel happy if win award but do not think of becoming TV King. Most essential is the audiences are watching happily.

Archived