Wayne Lai

Power Chan

Edwin Siu

Raymond Cho

Nancy Wu

Rosina Lam

Grace Wong

Synopsis

Eunuchs Lee Suk-gung (Wayne Lai), Dan Tin (Power Chan) and Chan Siu-fung (Raymond Cho) lived a peaceful life serving the Emperor and the royal family in the Forbidden City. Suk-gung worked in the kitchen as a cook and master carver, Tin worked in the Physician quarters and Siu-fung was a beautician who made the ladies in waiting presentable. After the fall of the Qing dynasty and eviction of all inhabitants in the Forbidden City, the three Eunuchs band together to survive outside the Forbidden City as civilians in Beijing. Life as civilians, the three make a meager living working as kitchen help at a alleyway food stall and rent a small room living together in a dingy neighborhood.

While witnessing a rally against anyone associated with the Qing dynasty held by Yip Ching-yee (Ram Chiang), a cruel revolutionist bent on eradicating anyone associated with the Qing dynasty, the three meet and befriends Chiu Jun-sing (Edwin Siu) a pretend Eunuch living off of a former high level Eunuch who has lots of priceless artifacts in his possession.

Their troubles begin when Siu-fung is seduced by a prostitute who tricks him into selling himself as a slave to the Americas. Suk-gung and Tin saves Siu-fung in time before he signs his life over but before doing so Siu-fung had divulge to the prostitute that he is a eunuch. While walking by they see Jun-sing being prosecuted by Ching-yee for being a eunuch but Jun-sing does not want to lose his cover as a pretender since he has an artifact on him. Suk-gung, Tin and Siu-fung pretends to be vengeful cheated husbands out for revenge against Jun-sing to save him from Ching-yee but they're outed as eunuchs by the prostitute who earlier tried to trick Siu-fung.

Now wanted criminals by authorize for having an national artifact in their possession and Ching-yee for being eunuchs the four escape to Tianjin. During their journey they find out that Siu-fung got wounded during their escape. Once they arrive in Tianjin they take Siu-fung to a hospital where the staff refuse to treat Siu-fung unless they have money. In order to save Siu-Fung, the three decide to mug someone. After looking at possible victims they decide on a cruel looking woman beater who happens to be a female dressed like a man. During the struggle to rob her, she develops an asthma attack. Feeling guilty that she can possibly die from her asthma attack they take her to the same hospital that they took Siu-fung. They soon find out that she is Kam Dai-nam (Rosina Lam) from the powerful and rich Kam family. Hearing that her niece was bullied, Dai-nam's aunt Kam Heung (Nancy Wu) comes to the hospital with her servants to seek revenge.

Previews

OSTs

Sammy Sum - Blue Skies, White Clouds

Short End of the Stick series: The cast team had dinner at Wayne Lai's house

wayne.jpg

wayne1.jpg

The cast team including Nancy Wu (胡定欣), David Chiang (姜大偉), Edwin Siu (蕭正楠), Power Chan (陳國邦) and others were having dinner at Wayne Lai's (黎耀祥) house when the debut episode of Short End of the Stick (公公出宮) series broadcasted on 08 February. They posed V sign and appeared to be overjoyed in the photo.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Ratings for Short End of the Stick and K9 Cop series are increasing

news5.jpg

TVB series, Short End of the Stick (公公出宮) and K9 Cop (警犬把打) were broadcasted on second day of Lunar New Year but the ratings was affected as many people were outside for house visiting. The ratings for Short End of the Stick series on first day was at 19 pts while K9 Cop was at 21 pts. On the second day, the ratings was at 23 pts and 24 pts for Short End of the Stick and K9 Cop series.

Nancy Wu does not receive any ring from her boyfriend on Valentine's Day

nancy.jpg

nancy1.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Lin Xia Wei, Wayne Lai, Raymond Cho, Nancy Wu)

Artiste Nancy Wu (胡定欣) wore role costume to promote Short End of the Stick (公公出宮) series at Tseung Kwan O and expressed it was the thickest costume that she wore so far and she filmed the location shooting at 40 degrees Celsius and more.

When mentioned the reviews for the series was satisfactory, Nancy disclosed the cast team went to Wayne Lai's (黎耀祥) house to watch the first episode and try out his spouse's culinary skills on second day of Lunar New Year. Asking about the celebrations on Valentine's Day, Nancy said: "Filming series with Bobby Au Yeung (歐陽震華)." She added her boyfriend gave her a bouquet of flowers last night and when asked if any ring hidden in the flowers, Nancy said: "Nope. (Search the flowers?) He did not tell me to." She revealed everyone urged her to get married when doing house visiting and said: "Everyone told me to stop competing for red packets after this year. (When do you give out red packets?) Please give me some time. (Quicker than Mandy Wong (黃智雯)?) No idea and maybe others." Lastly, Nancy added her boyfriend did not have any marriage proposal intention.

Highest ratings for Short End Of The Stick series is 34 pts; Raymond Cho and Nancy Wu urge Edwin Siu to get married as celebration

news1.jpg

The ratings for TVB series, Short End Of The Stick (公公出宮) is increasing. Yesterday morning on Weibo, the main lead, Wayne Lai (黎耀祥) announced good news and wrote: "Last night, the highest ratings for Short End Of The Stick (公公出宮) series is 34 pts and looks like Raymond Cho (曹永廉) needs to wear a revealing uniform as waitress. I have personally prepare a sumptuous dinner and other eunuchs including Edwin Siu (蕭正楠) and Power Chan (陳國邦) think by themselves."

Raymond Cho then forwarded Wayne Lai's Weibo and told Edwin Siu to get married to celebrate. Nancy Wu (胡定欣) also joined in: "I support Edwin Siu to get married to celebrate and Raymond Cho will take the lead in sisters group!" She added she had prepared a gift and Edwin Siu tried to make fun of her: "I must leave some face for you to get married first."

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal

Lin Xia Wei denies about failure to get along with Grace Wong? Nancy Wu rejects to take group photo initially

xiawei.jpg

news1.jpg

Artiste Lin Xia Wei (林夏薇) attended the promotion campaign of Short End of the Stick (公公出宮) series and when mentioned about Nancy Wu (胡定欣) and she boycotted Grace Wong (王君馨) who acted in the same series, Xia Wei said: "Nonsense. Everyone knows my character and thank you to the news for promoting it. We filmed the series happily and the deepest memory was having dehydration for thrice. Will wear sexy dress if the ratings increases. (Grace Wong said she did not have dinner with you in private.) A group of people will eat together and I need accompany my husband and family. (They said Grace kneeled down to apologise.) Nope."

Watched Madonna in low-key manner

Next, mentioning today is Yuan Xiao festival, Xia Wei expressed her husband and she will be watching Madonna's concert in Macau on 21 February and should be celebrating the festival there with her family. When asked if she will imitate one of Madonna's image to appear, Xia Wei replied nope.

During the event, Nancy and Xia Wei stood together while Grace stood at the other side. When it was requested three of them took photo together after the event, Nancy resisted it initially and said: "Better not to!" But she agreed to take photo with them eventually.

Nancy Wu has prepared sexy dress for victory party

nancy.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Nancy Wu, Anthony Wong)

Today, Nancy Wu (胡定欣) attended the promotion event for the series, Short End of the Stick (公公出宮) and hoped the series rating will continue to rise. She heard the company will be preparing a victory party and she had prepared a sexy dress. Nancy also hoped to help another actor, Raymond Cho (曹永廉) in the series to prepare accessories. As the TV Queen, Nancy Wu disclosed she heard the TV King, Anthony Wong (黃秋生) will be making a cameo appearance in TVB Sitcom and hoping to see his performance.

Tomorrow is Yuanxiao Festival (元宵節) and Nancy Wu expressed she needed to work and cannot celebrate with her boyfriend.

• 2 weeks later...

Source: Wacow
Translated by: Chloe.C

TVB Ratings Report (02/15/2016 - 02/21/2016)

Dramas
Short End of the Stick - 公公出宮 (EPS 5-9) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 34 PTS)

K9 Cop - 警犬巴打 (EPS 6-10) - 28 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS) *MONDAY TO FRIDAY EPISODES

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 961-965) - 24 PTS

Weekend Episodes
K9 Cop - 警犬巴打 (EP 12) - 22 PTS *AIRED ON SUNDAY

K9 Cop - 警犬巴打 (EP 11) - 20 PTS *AIRED ON SATURDAY

Variety Shows
Feng Shui for the New Year - 新春開運王 - 21 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 21 PTS

Sunday Stage Fight - Sunday好戲王 - 21 PTS

Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 20 PTS

Eat La Men - 男人食堂 - 17 PTS

3 Hungry Sisters - 為食3姊妹 - 16 PTS

SE Newbies On the Go - 社企打工王 - 15 PTS 

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Nancy Wu feels it is unnecessarily for man to kneel down to propose marriage

nancywu.JPG

nancywu1.JPG

Yesterday, Nancy Wu (胡定欣), Wayne Lai (黎耀祥), Raymond Cho (曹永廉) were promoting the TVB series, Short End of the Stick (公公出宮) on International Women's Day. Wayne Lai went down on one of his knees to give roses to 'Propose Marriage 求婚' to Nancy Wu. Wayne Lai laughed and said: "I hope it is not me next time." Nancy Wu accepted the interview and expressed she was frightened by Wayne's 'Propose Marriage 求婚'. Nancy and her boyfriend did not have wedding plans and her boyfriend did not try to propose marriage. Nancy Wu felt it was unnecessarily for man to kneel down but there must be ring and flowers. She laughed and said: "As long as not chrysanthemum. (How many Carat?) Needs not be big as I might lose it but too small does not look good too."

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, visiopeia said:

I have watched till ep 30... is Edwin Siu the bad guy??? 

I've been seeing bits and pieces of it on TV and it does seem that way.  I thought this was a comedy but then it took a weird turn with him being evil?...

Nancy Wu and Lin Xia Wei wore revealing dress VS Eunuchs showing their chest

news1.jpg

nancy.jpg

xiawei.jpg

Wayne Lai (黎耀祥), Nancy Wu (胡定欣) and Lin Xia Wei (林夏薇) promoted Short End of the Stick (公公出宮) series at the hotel in Tseung Kwan O TVB City. Wayne wore a suit with bare chest and said: "Nobody will look if wearing swimming costume and we must fulfil the promise as the highest ratings is at 33.4 pts. We might as well wear low-cut evening gown and will tell Raymond Cho to remove it if the ratings reaches 40 pts. I have confidence towards the ratings for the series but afraid Easter holiday might affect the ratings. Plan to arrange a dinner gathering but everyone is busy so will eat it together at later date."

Nancy and Xia Wei wore revealing dress but was less eye-catching when compared to the 4 'eunuchs': "Of course, they are eunuchs and people are used to seeing girls wearing revealing dress. It is my first time to see Wayne wear in this way."

9 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

I've been seeing bits and pieces of it on TV and it does seem that way.  I thought this was a comedy but then it took a weird turn with him being evil?...

yeah! the first part was interesting but now it's getting more and more complicated. I hope TVB don't mess up again like what they always did ... i have not watch any series from TVB for sometimes.. i hope they don't makes me give up on this and the ending is getting nearer and nearer

Archived