Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

This is all just really sad. =/ Hang in there, Ryu Jun Yeol! Also on soompi news... 

Ryu Jun Yeol Addresses Suspicions of His Use of the Infamous Site “Ilbe”

Ryu Jun Yeol Addresses Suspicions of His Use of the Infamous Site “Ilbe”

Rising actor Ryu Jun Yeol has addressed rumors of him being a user of the site known as “Ilbe.”

For those who are unaware, “Ilbe” is an abbreviation for “Ilgan Best,” which is a networking platform that is infamous for its questionable content (mostly along the lines of trolling, political satire, and hatemongering).

A representative from Ryu Jun Yeol’s agency, CJeS Entertainment, stated on February 24, “It was difficult to address the issue in the middle of the interview about his film, but since the reporter asked, Ryu Jun Yeol has said that he absolutely does not use the site. The rumor that he is an Ilbe user is not true.”

The representative continued, “We’re thinking of taking firm action against the one who started the malicious rumor. We’ll discuss that when the interview is finished.”

The rumor that Ryu Jun Yeol is an Ilbe user began when someone uploaded a picture from Ryu Jun Yeol’s Instagram account to an online community. The picture in question was of him rock climbing, accompanied by his caption, “Going to go get tofu for mom.” Netizens on this online community questioned whether or not Ryu Jun Yeol took the picture to mock the late Roh Moo Hyun, the former president who committed suicide by jumping off a cliff behind his home.

In particular, netizens noted the fact that Ryu Jun Yeol was climbing a rock face similar to the one that Roh Moo Hyun leapt from. They also questioned his use of the words dubu (“tofu”) and jeolbyuk (“cliff face”), which are often used on Ilbe as slang for other things.

Ryu Jun Yeol also took to Instagram to say his own piece. “I went hiking that day. The caption came from my friend, who took a photo rock climbing and wrote, ‘[What it's like] leaving work.’ I added the tofu in there because I sometimes do go and buy tofu and bean sprouts for my mom.”

Addressing the accusations, Ryu Jun Yeol wrote, “I don’t use Ilbe. I don’t know why anyone [would say such a thing], but even though that’s the truth, there are a lot of worried fans who might have been hurt, or people who have praised me that are annoyed by the report. Even so, I do believe that since I am a public figure, it’s my responsibility to make things right. Once again, I’m not an Ilbe user and I’ve never used the kind of language used there.”

He finished, “I want to make it so that my fans aren’t embarrassed to say they like me. I’m receiving an overabundance of love and support. I’ll work hard to be an actor who can repay everyone for all their love.”

What do you think of the situation?

Sources (1) (2)

----------------

Setting this issue aside... I am looking forward to Glory Day!! It looks so good! (For some reason it makes me think that it's the flip side of YOF XD )

• Like 21

I just noticed something about the post of BYH in instagram that feature oppa, LDH is with them.... Awww friendship goals . :) Oppa is lucky for having friends like them...... BYH48 squad thank you for supporting uri oppa :) .... Now I'm more calmer knowing oppa is surrounded by good people who are kind and loving. :) 

SHARE TO LOVE. BE THANKFUL.

• Like 24

Deleted double post. 

It has been a very eventful day. But they can't put a good man down. I'm just glad that RJY has a good head on his shoulders. He's smart, brave and diplomatic. 

Just look at the upvotes. It looks like logic is winning over malicious and useless fault finders. The first one to say he's an Ilbe user is the Ilbe user. Poor tofu.

• Like 10

On 24/2/2016 at 1:56 PM, Cappadocia said:

9. [+154, -44] How was he supposed to know that a tofu errand was associated with ilbe? It's not like everyone should go around memorizing ilbe terminology. The rest of us who don't care don't know that it's associated with ilbe... can't say anything nowadays without being accused of ilbe.

This comment sums up everything. 

The people who accused him associated with ilbe because of ilbe words, are you sure you're not the ilbe yourself? Because other than ilbe members, commoners does not know the ilbe words. And the people who quick to judge him ...you're the one should reflect so you don't have to bring down anyone again.

• Like 11

Oppa and kim heechan bought the same shoes?

And that manner hands of his as if he's meeting his future inlaw hahaha

아침부터 뻐렁치게 했던.. 
160224 #류준열 #ryujunyeol 
"손이 예쁘다"는 말을 꺼내자 바로 가려버리며 이런 말에 익숙하지 않아 쑥스럽다고 토로했다.
http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000580289 http://twitter.com/19860925_net/status/702584047847890944/photo/1

• Like 9

A translation of Go Kyung Pyo's interview in January 2016

wonder what the personality of the “Ssangmoon-dong Squad” is in real life.

Each one of us has a very distinctive personality. Hyeri is almost the same as her character. Park Bo Gum is exactly the same. I guarantee you that Bo Gum is the nicest friend I have among all the celebrity actors I know. Jun Yeol is very more playful and passionate than the “chic” personality his character Jung Hwan has. Dong Hwi is definitely more thoughtful about his role and more focused than Dong Ryong is.

I feel like the filming set with the Ssangmun-dong friends is always lively.

You don’t know how hungry I get every time I see a scene where we get together to eat ramyeon. Here’s something you probably don’t know. The set-up with the friends getting mad at Dong Ryong because he farts in his sleep. This was actually improvised at first by Dong Hwui-hyung and it was fun, so they kept using this set-up. If you watch closely the scenes where we eat ramyeon, you’ll see that Jun Yeol is the only one who just keeps eating. The other persons in the scene were afraid that the “slurp” sound would be heard, so they’d just hold their bowl of ramyeon. But these ramyeon were so good! The “Jung Hwan style” ramyeon with a sausage and an egg are awesome too. You can never go wrong with ramyeon when you want to eat with your friends.

SOURCE: https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2016/02/24/january-2016-instyle-ko-kyung-pyo-interview/

Read the article! Go Kyung Pyo is a sweetie too. And uri Jun Yeolie oppa, when is your ramyun CF coming out? *slurp*

• Like 23

I am glad that he looks happier and healthy today. and another another another interview.
I am a bit worry with overexpose. i mean, this interview is way too much. not that i complained. but the more he do interview, the more thing can be miss understand ( i feel like a bit trauma now...these hella stupid rumour is really put me on pedal).

some useless people are jealous of him who rose to stardon in just like... 4-5 months ?? I dont like that he create an mysterious actor image as well (like say, Kang dongwoon or the most extreme is won bin), but this non stop interview is really ...to much ( i dont complain about the photos though.we can see how he is doing by the photos). so it's like two side of the knive ehh...i want this but then i dont like the affect.

I was worried that that rumour will affect his appearance in YOF and contract with some endorsement. i am glad that he and his company put the rest the rumour immadiately.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, tsonzzz said:

It's a post written by one of RJY's friend. To sum up the main points of the post, he's stating that RJY is not an Ilbe. As someone who's been close friends with him for 20years, he knows that RJY is not someone who would be associated with those kind of things. 

But seriously guys, this one friend of his kept reading all the comments on this post of his and also kept replying to a lot of comments posted by the readers even after dawn. He's such a good friend! I'm so happy that RJY is surrounded by people who care and are always there for him whatever the situation. Seriously, he has such amazing friends who are willing to support and help him go through this stupid rumour. RJY, you are one lucky person! May your friendship with him and your other friends last forever!

Anyways, to enlighten the mood in this thread, here are some photos from yesterday's Glory Day press conference. Seriously tho, that visual ... just WOW

Cr: as tagged

More photos, fantaken

Don't worry, be happy! 하쿠나마타타!

oh my God..i am almost teary reading what his friends did. i mean, when you want to see how a person is, look at what his friends do for you. when his friends defends him nonstop, he must be always being his friends back no matter what.

C-JeS Entertainment, Ryu Jun Yeol’s management agency, also commented today that it plans to submit a petition to the police for them to investigate into the netizens who stole Ryu Jun Yeol’s ID to join Ilbe and who were the initial distributors of the Ilbe rumor, as well as netizens who continue to leave malicious comments despite Ryu Jun Yeol’s explanation.

hahahaha...this person never stop dont yout think ? stole his ID to creat an ID to join ilbe, trying to proof that he's an Ilbe member ? good for you guys...hope you can happily stay ever after in the jail. it's a crime to stole someone else's ID not to mention to create an ID for bad and criminal site.

• Like 12