[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

14 hours ago, MrsRyu said:

Colorful Love of Jung Hwan ♡ Deok Sun or Jun Yeol ♡ Hyeri :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o2aau0FHcd1sv1tgoo1_540.jpgtumblr_o2aaqsd9611sv1tgoo1_540.jpgtumblr_o2aao1WWZ91sv1tgoo1_540.jpgtumblr_o2aaildF8h1sv1tgoo1_540.jpg

edited by me:flushed:

Sung Deok Sun & Kim Jung Hwan Wedding

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o2aa6anpeH1sv1tgoo3_540.jpgtumblr_o2aa6anpeH1sv1tgoo5_540.jpgtumblr_o2aa6anpeH1sv1tgoo4_540.jpg

Bonus :

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o2aa6anpeH1sv1tgoo6_540.jpg

LOL. I'm sorry if my edited photo is so so :grimace:

Cant Help~ing :flushed:

Thanks for your hard work! They would've been sooo great as a couple <3. Military wedding, DS in a beautiful wedding dress, DS being the prettiest among the prettiest girls in JH's eyes during their wedding. It would've been so good.

Disappointed since they weren't together, but now I have a new source of happiness: 

12 hours ago, hailaft said:

Ahh, MT is so much fun today, pity this thread slowed down a bit emoji_u1f602.pngemoji_u1f602.pngAnyway I'm here to post another fanfic lol. Click here to read it.

P.S. okay this gif is irrelevant, I just want to post it LOL

Thank you so much for writing the awesome fanfics! I hope you can continue with part 4, but take your time :). I've always enjoyed reading your fanfics!

2 hours ago, balladblue said:

A belated welcome to the newcomers in our thread. ^_^ Thank you for joining us here, @harukajane and @fenia2. It's also nice to see some familiar faces drop by now and then ( @arumdaun annyeong!!), because we know it's not easy coming back here when the pain is still so fresh. But I'm glad and grateful to you all for being here anyway. 

When I think about Junghwan and Deoksun's love story, I am amazed at the effect it has had on me - and so many others as well. Their love story was so every day, and conveyed through the small gestures of love. Life-and-death stakes were not involved (thank our stars), no time traveling interference, no big bad villain standing in the way. Junghwan was your average teenage boy who guarded himself with sarcasm and was still learning how to communicate himself. Deoksun was the average girl next door who craved love and affection. Individually, they were each lovable in their own right. For all his attempts to appear aloof and cool, Junghwan was endearingly bad at masking his concern and affection for those he loved. Warmhearted and loyal, within herself Deoksun held precious a girl who loved openly but was yet unsure of her own worth. Both of them were realistic, easily relatable characters.

Put together, Junghwan and Deoksun shone brighter than the sun. Not only was their bickering fun to watch, their sweet tender moments gave us the warmest butterflies in our stomach. How Junghwan gazes lovingly at her when she's sleeping, when she's dancing, when she sneezes - our boy is absolutely entranced! How Deoksun finally wakes up early for school just to wait with Junghwan, how she uses her precious allowance to buy Junghwan a separate birthday gift, how she beams radiantly when she makes Junghwan laugh at the dining table - it's clear as day our girl loves being with him and making him happy. 

Their love for each other also challenged themselves to grow, which I think is a mark of any great relationship. Junghwan had to learn to express himself using words, not just action. Most of all, he learned the price of hesitating. On her part, Deoksun learned the value of looking within herself to love someone simply because she loves that person, and not because that person loves her back. Up till episode 19, I fully believed that Dongryong's question to her made her reflect and realize in her heart of hearts that she loved Junghwan.

When all is said and done, nothing about their love is necessarily extraordinary. Childhood friends who fall in love? Those stories are a dime a dozen. You and I know people who have experienced that in real life, or maybe you yourself have gone through it first hand. Yet something about Junghwan and Deoksun's love story sets theirs above and apart from other similar premises, to the point that when it failed I experienced a grief so heavy and consuming, it was unlike any I had ever felt over fiction. Was it Ryu Junyeol's wholly immersive portrayal that made Junghwan's love for Deoksun burst from the screen and render it extraordinary? His crackling chemistry with Hyeri that promised so much more than what the writer chose to show? Was it ourselves living vicariously through these two fictional characters and wanting for them what we had lost in our own lives? Was it because we saw all the struggles they went through and wanted them to be happy? For me personally, it was a combination of all the above.  

Heartrendingly beautiful, theirs was a love story that barely missed its chance to bloom. 

For Junghwan and Deoksun, and for all my fellow heartbroken shipmates, here's to you. 

(Thank you to @snowglobe147 for sharing this compilation of their moments in one of your earlier posts. :) )

(Also, where are you, @mylkrystal? I miss your posts and hope to see you in our thread again soon!!) 

;') How beautiful it would've been if they're together. Thanks for this beautifully written post and thanks for the photos, it brings back sweet memories uri couple had in the show. Their story should've been developed so much further after the time jump, to see how their feelings towards one another have grown into a solid one, but too bad that's not what the writer intended to do. Anyway, Gaeddeok is one of my favorite OTPs in all K-dramas I've seen so far in my life.

• Like 10

@lala14 @namunamuyeppeo @emy_rose @harukajane and ALL thank you, I'm glad you guys like it :wub:

I'm so boring these day, not interest to rewatch R88, because I'm still in pain. Not interest to watch other drama (I only watch CITT LOL). Lurking YT to watch JH x DS video, lurking here and read @hailaft fanfic.

I dont believe this drama affect me so much, I watch tons of drama but I never so heartbreaking like this. Just WHY? I follow the scipt but :tears: Okay, I think it's not first time I say this LOL.

H8iiRjq.gif

I'm glad i have you guys :) because all my friends ALL was other team, that watch a drama just because a face not the story. I bickering with my friends last night because she say something bad about JH, i dont talk with her today :sweatingbullets:

MxswPPe.gif

• Like 17

I supposed to finish my homework but no, I'm here again while I'm listening to AM88's OST chingus ah~! "A Little Girl" is definitely the song I would try to avoid listening the most, my heart can't handle it  :( I swear I wasn't obsessed and sad like this at all when I watched AM97 and AM94, maybe because of the heart-breaking ending and RJY's outstanding acting are the reasons?!? There are many times I have asked myself would I be OK if JH was the endgame just like YoonJae and Trash oppa (even though I was in #teamChilbong)?! It's just a big IF...... :( 

Like @MrsSoJiSub said, she was afraid that TK was the endgame but she didn't want to say it here because it would drag our moods down for sure. Honestly, there was a time I felt exactly like "Is it too obviously that JH is the husband?" but I still enjoyed it since I was in this AWESOME SHIP :lol:. When I missed AM88 so much, I re-watched it and noticed there was a deep connection between TK - DS's family such as: DS's appa and TK had a deep conversation, TK also ate with Sung's family in their house while JH (I believe) never had those moments beside DS did the "Aigoo~ Kim sajang" with his dad...  Guys! >.< you can shoot me now cuz I just sound like TK-DS shippers with their "analysis" . 40_tuzki_emoticon_by_allsmileys-d719dus. 

This time, they made a decision from the beginning to give a FAMOUS boy became the husband unlike the last 2 installments to make a difference. Unfortunately, the producer didn't know that RJY was born to be Gae Jung Pal- who stole every girls' (boys too lol) heart. I do believe the week they had canceled was for the whole team (especially LWJ ssi) to spend time to regret what they had fooled us. 

On 2/8/2016 at 5:12 PM, parkangel said:

1. I found the way Ds fell with 3 of her 4 friends as ridiculous. 

Sorry for cutting your post but that is the main reason I'm still bitter. Like c'mon, if we had 4 more episode, don't tell me DS would even ended up with uri Dong Ryong??!?!?!?! Why JH must be mostly in the adult couple's interview if he wasn't the husband?!?! And one last important thing: why the husband in the first episodes was so different than the one who was in the last 3 eps?!?! He had JH's peronality when he got older because he admired JH his best friend so much??!?! Wth LOL?!?! 

Even though our ship sank unpersuadable and JH's future was vague as hell, AM88 is still the best drama that I've ever watched in a decade. I really reallyyy need one drama that could beat this one and heal my heart soon cuz right now I don't see and feel anything. I don't know how long does it takes for me to move on but I'm trying everyday my friends. *insert awkward smiley face*

*s t i l l  b i t t e r i n g*

• Like 12

Those were very lovely words @balladblue. Thank you for all that you said about our OTP. Makes me remember how beautiful their love was. I'm still very sad that they didnt end up together.:tears: Lurking back here 3 weeks after the ending, I thought it wouldn't hurt as much. But it still does. Whenever I listen to love songs, it's them I remember and it just breaks my heart. :tears: 

On 2/9/2016 at 10:58 AM, Kyokok said:

After watching this clip, I wonder how can Jung hwan live now without Deok sun. I'm still sad

This question makes me so sad. The thought that they are living separate lives just hurts my heart so. How could they live without each other when they were meant to be together? :tears: Honestly, it still doesnt make sense to me. And I dont think the day will ever come that it will.

• Like 12

So I'm not the only one who feel this....

Even until now sometime when I'm on the bus, listening litle girl song by Oh Hyuk / lee moon se I always remember our OTP moment, our jungpal beautifull confession and I endup feel this pain again .... everytime I meet my sister we can't not talking about how unfair the ending for Jungpal, how it still not make sense how they end a great beautifull drama like that, no mater how many time we replay reply 1988 we still feel that our OTP is fated to be endgame, many clues, their chemistry, camera moves.

Sometime we can accept, yeah uri taek and deoksun is cute together, we don't hate them, we love them as we love this drama so much. But if I think about it again it really not make sense at all... if they show taek side of story longer maybe it will be more acceptable, even we saw much development on chilbong or taewong with najeong/siwon...but like in almost every scene between deoksun and taek they show nothing but deoksun taking care of taek like she taking care noeul....for me it will be moreeee beautifull if their relationship is stay same...like sibling....trurhfully I really enjoy their sibling like moment....so in episode 19-20 I somehow still feel their love is sibling love..nothing more....

Pink shirt, Jungpal's christmast gift, deoksun×kim sajang moment, jungpal's elementary school diary which is full of deoksun, the hajima scene, alley scene, bed scene, bickering scene, really theres sooo much scene that left useless (sorry I can't find other proper word) if I think again.....like...whats the point they show us that scene really...first snow scene, even jungbong wish, fiancee ring, forest gump scene, and on 2015 deoksun said to her husband to not reading manhwa too much, ahhhhh...sooo much ambiguos useless scene if they plan to make taek the husband from the start. Once again, i not hate taek or deoksun...I loooveee them...but thinking about the ending is just make my head and heart hurts so much.....sometimes my delusional mind feel like they have plan for uri jungpal/kim familly maybe they will be the focus of the next installment of reply..finding his wife maybe..because really....they are soooo precious, such a waste that their charachter are over in this series.. talking about unique Jungbong, such a perfect husband material junghwan, funny but not soo funny kim sajang, and uri ra miran..ssangmundong cheetah...on top of that they are all kindhearted, they do everything for everyone on ssangmundong... and to think that on next installment we won't see them again make my hearts huuurt soo bad...

I don't know when will I move on, for now I just can silently lurking here and ryujunyeol thread, sometimes I feel better reading all of your fanfic, fanpict, even your opinion about our OTP...so I'm not alone here, we feel the same....thanks guys.... thank you very much.....ahhh even I type this with watery eyes....

• Like 21

34 minutes ago, shunklunk said:

SOOOOOOOOOO, I went to my R88 folder today for the first time since you-know-when. And it pains me that I have maaaaaaannnyyyy pics and gifs of JH-DS. So, I decided to post some of my favorites here. ENJOY!!!! And I'll put it under spoiler ;) ((and credit to all the owners. you are all jjang!))

Hide contents

The famous and iconic bus scene!

Hide contents

"If you don't come, you're dead, and if you open that, you're dead. And if you lost it, you're definitely dead."

but look, who's going to die because of the close gap. ha! 

Hide contents

*Insert Neighborhood here*

Hide contents

"He must be out of his mind."

Hide contents

awwwwwkwwwaaarrrdddd

Hide contents

Our pilot and stewardess.

Hide contents

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOTH WANT EACH OTHER BUT TOO SHY TO ADMIT IT.

Hide contents

what are they talking about, hum?

right into our souls ahhhhhh ahhhh ahhAOIDJOIWJDW MJFPEJO

Hide contents

If you are a JH-DS shipper, you cannot miss this one! Because, duhh, the sexual tension is real here :phew::phew::phew:

"Junghwan-ah." "Hm..?" HM? HMM? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM? THAT VOICEEEEEEEEEE.

HER SMILE. HIS FACE. SHE HOPED TO SEE THE CONCERT TOGETHER. AND HE GAVE UP.

Hide contents

Waiting for someone?

Hide contents

UGHHH THIS MOVIE-LIKE POSTER THOUGH. I LIKE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hide contents

and.......

ps : sorry but i can't post the confession because the wound is still fresh, LOL.

Our lovely Deoksunnie and marshmallow Junghwannie :heart:

My fellow same-age chingu!!! Jinjja gomawo for this beautiful collection of uri couple! I STILL THINK THEY HAD THE BEST TEENAGE ROMANCE ever. I can never forget all the scenes that we get betwen DS and JH. So cute together!! 

I won't concentrate on the ending and just read @hailaft's fanfic for the perfect endings that i want :)

• Like 7

@balladblue

Wow your post..

Why can't I like it more than once? :D

Really the way you explained our feelings, I think the feelings of all JH shippers, is perfect and touching...

You said it all so well that I don't know what to add :P

Spoiler

giphy.gif

@shunklunk

Your computer is gold.. for real :w00t:

Thanks a lot for sharing all that perfect moments :wub:

@harukajane

I don't think I already wrote it so I'll say it now...

welcome and thanks for sharing all that good photos and fanart of JH and DS... keep them coming :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, amaliafajri said:

So I'm not the only one who feel this....

Even until now sometime when I'm on the bus, listening litle girl song by Oh Hyuk / lee moon se I always remember our OTP moment, our jungpal beautifull confession and I endup feel this pain again .... everytime I meet my sister we can't not talking about how unfair the ending for Jungpal, how it still not make sense how they end a great beautifull drama like that, no mater how many time we replay reply 1988 we still feel that our OTP is fated to be endgame, many clues, their chemistry, camera moves.

Sometime we can accept, yeah uri taek and deoksun is cute together, we don't hate them, we love them as we love this drama so much. But if I think about it again it really not make sense at all... if they show taek side of story longer maybe it will be more acceptable, even we saw much development on chilbong or taewong with najeong/siwon...but like in almost every scene between deoksun and taek they show nothing but deoksun taking care of taek like she taking care noeul....for me it will be moreeee beautifull if their relationship is stay same...like sibling....trurhfully I really enjoy their sibling like moment....so in episode 19-20 I somehow still feel their love is sibling love..nothing more....

Pink shirt, Jungpal's christmast gift, deoksun×kim sajang moment, jungpal's elementary school diary which is full of deoksun, the hajima scene, alley scene, bed scene, bickering scene, really theres sooo much scene that left useless (sorry I can't find other proper word) if I think again.....like...whats the point they show us that scene really...first snow scene, even jungbong wish, fiancee ring, forest gump scene, and on 2015 deoksun said to her husband to not reading manhwa too much, ahhhhh...sooo much ambiguos useless scene if they plan to make taek the husband from the start. Once again, i not hate taek or deoksun...I loooveee them...but thinking about the ending is just make my head and heart hurts so much.....sometimes my delusional mind feel like they have plan for uri jungpal/kim familly maybe they will be the focus of the next installment of reply..finding his wife maybe..because really....they are soooo precious, such a waste that their charachter are over in this series.. talking about unique Jungbong, such a perfect husband material junghwan, funny but not soo funny kim sajang, and uri ra miran..ssangmundong cheetah...on top of that they are all kindhearted, they do everything for everyone on ssangmundong... and to think that on next installment we won't see them again make my hearts huuurt soo bad...

I don't know when will I move on, for now I just can silently lurking here and ryujunyeol thread, sometimes I feel better reading all of your fanfic, fanpict, even your opinion about our OTP...so I'm not alone here, we feel the same....thanks guys.... thank you very much.....ahhh even I type this with watery eyes....

Aigooo, you've just listed every single thing that broke my heart :'( *send virtual hugs*

And I laughed so hard at "sibling love". That's how I felt when I first watched the beach scene. "Oh wow they look like very good friends, almost like siblings". High five! :w00t:

(Btw I love your daehani avatar. Song triplets fans united!)

• Like 8

I'm new here but this place is everything I was looking for! I'm glad to see i'm not the only one suffering... lol :(

I kept thinking... Taek would talk like that to Deok Sun? This is not Taek persona... yet... Things like this that makes me think the last 2 episodes was the downfall of the series, so many script holes...

tumblr_o2c8iqWQMF1tewopio1_540.png

Edited by kazetrio
I can't post the photo :|
  • Like 24

@kazetrio welcome! I'm new here as well! Everyone here is so nice and you can also find lots of fan Fics to help you move on and just erase from your memory the last two episodes lol

@emy_rose thank you! Honestly every time I come here it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who fell in love with this couple and share the pain of them never being together although they are perfect for each other. The confusion and the pain of that last two episode will forever linger unless the writer will explain why she did what she did.

nevertheless, it is still the only kdrama that made me laugh and cry so hard. All the family scenes are heartwarming and you can't help but love all the characters, yes, including Taek. I adore him but you just couldn't see him as a lifetime partner for Deoksun and for Junghwan to have no one really know what he truly feel and to carry that within him all throughout his life is just painful. I just wish they gave us a happy ending for Junghwan as well. I think it would be easier for us.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, iloveenglishsub said:

Aigooo, you've just listed every single thing that broke my heart :'( *send virtual hugs*

And I laughed so hard at "sibling love". That's how I felt when I first watched the beach scene. "Oh wow they look like very good friends, almost like siblings". High five! :w00t:

(Btw I love your daehani avatar. Song triplets fans united!)

thankyou chingu....

Yes, their siblinglike love is beautifull...I really loove them...love their interaction, taek's babo smile, deoksun annoyed face when taek can't even do the simplest thing, but thats it..for me there isn't sparks between them...that beach scene was one of my favourite scene, they are soo freaking cute....

(Your avatar too..I love them....it was hard enough with reply 1988 and then this week they left the show....sob sob)

• Like 2