[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

@papulichan Ikr? But i guess a Samcheonpo meeting Kim sajang scenario is totally legit. It will be epic if it happens because temperament wise both characters are like polar opposites. I can already imagine Samcheonpo's 'who the hell is this freak?' look if he meets JH's dad. :lol:

BTW there were twitter polls for who is the best dad and best mom in Reply 1988. And Cheetah omma and Kim sajang won by a large majority.

• Like 21

hmm,seeing how everyone is parodying the infamous alley scene and bus scene... especially in the Kim family CF.....i'm becoming more convinced that they MUST make JH the endgame...because why else would the writers make everyone swoon for him in these scenes 

• Like 18

In 1994, SCP, Chilbong, NJ and Trash and I think even Haiti did narration for 1994.  For 1988, it has been DS, Bora, JH and I think SW.  So blue was right about SW and BR having the same last name.  I wonder when she's going to post her analysis. 

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, byunaeri said:

I read a comment on youtube watching confession scene. My heart hurt. I don't know impressed. :(

"I love you Junghwan-ah. However, next time, when you meet a woman that you love, don't forget to tell her that she is pretty, be nice to her, and don't hesisate to show your feeling to her."

I'm still not mad at him. EP 18 of it was so nice. It was special to Junghwan's story. His confession was the last wish if you find happy.. But still it was a very special scene for me. We have seen in the story of his character is not all simple. Of course in his love.. Just like a Forrest Gump movie, I can watch over and over in this episode.

Junghwan-ah I love you, I love a lot of love and will always love:wub::wub:

Actually, I'm familiar with that particular account. She always comments on the clips posted on youtube. Based on her previous comments, she seems to be on the other ship. I consider her a troll tbh, not pointing to that particular comment but her previous comments. Troller is everywhere~ Lol.

• Like 14

Good morning Chingudeul from the Norhern West Coast... 

God Lord!!! This Jet is sure on fire!!!!  That damn gorgeous Fighter Pilot must be on fire!!! This Jet plane is not gonna slowdown LOL

Officer Kim Jung Hwan, let me catch my breath for a moment please?

With the speed this thread is going, it will be in 1000th page in no time and will crash on Friday and Saturday again. And I guess I just have to call in sick on Friday night (Pacific Time), so I can read the live recaps here :lol: 

Lat night, Just 2 hours before I get ready for work, and just when I was about to take a nap, I saw that dramanice had released their subbed episodes 17 & 18 and I watched episode 17 but couldn't finish it, So now I am here checking the thread first thing when I got home from my graveyard shift LOL... and shoots! I have 30 pages to back read :o

And before my eyes will totally close on me, I need to watch it now... Just dropped by to say hello!!

Good morning Chingudeul from the Norhern West Coast... 

God Lord!!! This Jet is sure on fire!!!!  That damn gorgeous Fighter Pilot must be on fire!!! This Jet plane is not gonna slowdown LOL

Officer Kim Jung Hwan, let me catch my breath for a moment please?

With the speed this thread is going, it will be in 1000th page in no time and will crash on Friday and Saturday again. And I guess I just have to call in sick on Friday night (Pacific Time), so I can read the live recaps here :lol: 

Lat night, Just 2 hours before I get ready for work, and just when I was about to take a nap, I saw that dramanice had released their subbed episodes 17 & 18 and I watched episode 17 but couldn't finish it, So now I am here checking the thread first thing when I got home from my graveyard shift LOL... and shoots! I have 30 pages to back read :o

And before my eyes will totally close on me, I need to watch it now... Just dropped by to say hello!!

• Like 20

Btw do we have a person who knows a psychic here? If you do, you know what to do! I know one but he's a teacher from primary school! I'm not going back there! Maybe I'll ask my younger sister to ask!!!!!!

I really need that fortune teller back in the episodes ASAPPPPPP do some predicting for me. Will ya? 

• Like 2

HIIIII I've been away from this thread for a while because I just couldn't handle seeing sad stuff hahaa, even though I should've known that this thread will never be down

WOOOOW 10.000+ POSTS AND OVER 500 PAGES, we're awesome

Anyway, I'm actually ready for another time jump. Let Junghwan's forehead shine (not literally) once again!

jvaz1pI.gif

• Like 16

1 hour ago, byunaeri said:

I read a comment on youtube watching confession scene. My heart hurt. I don't know impressed. :(

"I love you Junghwan-ah. However, next time, when you meet a woman that you love, don't forget to tell her that she is pretty, be nice to her, and don't hesisate to show your feeling to her."

I'm still not mad at him. EP 18 of it was so nice. It was special to Junghwan's story. His confession was the last wish if you find happy.. But still it was a very special scene for me. We have seen in the story of his character is not all simple. Of course in his love.. Just like a Forrest Gump movie, I can watch over and over in this episode.

Junghwan-ah I love you, I love a lot of love and will always love:wub::wub:

I think it is easy to say from an outsiders perspective that he should have said she is pretty, etc etc. But his personality  is such that it is difficult. There are loads of people in this world who are like that. Not everyone is open and expressive. Not everyone is able to say "you look pretty or I love you" out loud  easily even though they may think that but keep it to themselves Due to shyness and embarrassment. In JH case it's DS, the girl he always bickered with...it would be weird so I totally understand why words don't come easily to him. But he is SO SO BRAVE, he confessed to her in front of his friends!!! He could have easily told her in private couldn't he? 

I myself find it difficult to exress myself sometimes. I found myself hating Bora initially then realised I am actually exactly like her! I love my parents and my siblings but I am embarrassed to say it out loud. I think about it but I don't say it. Unfortuanetely, my family doesn't always get me (they think I'm a snob @_@)  I try to show love subtly but they don't get it. I find it embarrassing to be all lovey Dovey (the irony ..I enjoy it on telly*goat sound?) I usually find myself disrespecting my parents or shouting at my little brothers or getting irritated over little things. I am like DS too. When I reach saturation point I burst out all my feelings in one go. Oh this is like JH too >_< but the point is JH is not Taek or vice versa. Both are different in their own way and we have seen that in the way they interact with people around them. JH may give out the "I don't give a crap" attitude but if you notice he is very attentive  and loving (I love how he wrote on Cheetah ommas passport!!). He didn't tell her what he did ...he just did it because he was shy!

That person who wrote that about him on YT just doesn't have an open mind. she/he probably thinks  "if it's easy for me to say I love you to the people that matter then everyone should be able to say it" BUT NO, THATS WRONG. EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT PERSONALITY TRAITS and we need to accommodate that fact. 

JH is a brilliant character. He is HOT and SELFLESS.

if I find that post on YT I may just reply to it...it's annoying me now -_____-

Apologies about the rant hehe?

• Like 18

Finally ive seen ep17/18 and coming back after a week, i see that im behind 200 pages. i have never pulled out more strands of my hair than i did watching these episodes. Particularly when DS was waiting at the concert and someone showed up, i was like omg JH finally. when i saw TK i almost threw my phone at the wall. ALso the restaurant confession scene got me like, "i am literally gonna slap someone.". my hair once flowed like johnny depp, now i look like one punch man. The garlic in the butt logic seemed kinda off, but we shall see...anyways its good to be back my shippersssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

castaway.jpg

• Like 21

43 minutes ago, fictionista said:

@papulichan Ikr? But i guess a Samcheonpo meeting Kim sajang scenario is totally legit. It will be epic if it happens because temperament wise both characters are like polar opposites. I can already imagine Samcheonpo's 'who the hell is this freak?' look if he meets JH's dad. :lol:

BTW there were twitter polls for who is the best dad and best mom in Reply 1988. And Cheetah omma and Kim sajang won by a large majority.

OMFG ! that would be hilarious !!! Btw, in that recent 'Olleh' parody , didn't Kim Sajang had his own version of #jungasm.....LMAO.... Imagine if both of those couple meet...

r1994-3.gif

Like father like son....

5cWcvB.gif  ==== 30125-jungasm.gif

Untitled.jpg

• Like 22

I guess this thread never sleeps? :) HAPPY 500 PAGES EVERYONEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND 10.000+ POSTS!!!!!!! omg you are crazy. crazy. I remember I was a silent lurker since page 19 then continued to 100-ish page haha that was really good to find this thread where I can share my opinion about the couple without sounding "shoving in their throats" hohoho. Goodluck to all of us for friday/saturday HUHUHUHU.

• Like 14

3 hours ago, wizengamot said:

i still have R97 saved on my phone so when JH confess, i rewatched YJ confession and so far, (personal preference) i like it (Jung Hwan's) more

Oh that's interesting. I think I need to watch both to decide. I remember YJ's confession leaving a huge impression on me!

@junghwana I guess great minds think alike! I just answered someone's post on the MT about loving and how one defines love... I am just saying what you said, that it is different for everyone. Wanna answer me and add some of the nice stuff you just said here? :)

• Like 10

Seriously Jungasm? Hahahahaha this thread really is on fire:heart: 

@fictionista right on! There are times I wonder if people are even watching the same drama as I am. He is a true gentleman and a most thoughtful one at that. 

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, fictionista said:

@papulichan That CF is hilarious. Lol @ jungasm. That's a priceless meme alright. The alley scene reminds me it's so incredibly cute that JH got a boner simply by being squeezed against DS. And I'm relieved the writer established that not just any girl could so easily give him a hard on but only the one he crushed on. 

And for all those people cribbing about JH not being vocal enuf about his love, I guess he is an ideal example of what people mean by 'actions speak louder than words'. He has always ever shown his love, kindness, thoughtfulness, capacity for sacrifice through actual actions. To me he is a man of action rather than a man of words. The bus scene in ep 4, the umbrella scene, the gloves gift, treating DS's friends to dinner at McD, going to fetch her after 1 phonecall all count as gestures of love which are way more valuable than any honeyed words which may or may not be sincere. He has always stepped up to do things which require courage and mettle (fulfilling brother's dream, sacrificing his love for Taek, saving SW from the bully and taking a beating for him). He is an air force pilot for richard simmons's sake. Besides I'm pretty sure he confessed to DS at least thrice in the drama. Ep 7 ('use your head and think why I came'), Ep 10 (Hajima) and last week in ep 18. Of course all were roundabout and indirect confessions but they still count in my eyes. 

I couldn't have said it any better !! uri kyeopta chinguya.... you got that right !:thumbsup:

• Like 10

I lurked in MT last night and I was happy beyond belief, thanks to @emy_rose (I know, she doesn't visit the thread to remain impartial, but she deserves all the shout outs). 

Honestly, it's not even that you-know-who's theories are far fetched that causes all this annoyance. We have all done some in-depth analysis of throw away things but it's just THE WAY she says it.. condescending, belittling. It's almost as if she knows the script writer and has an inside joke with her (I think she believes she does) which comes of super arrogant. Her first post was an analysis of direction that I thought was interesting since I tend to miss that stuff. But it got progressively worse. But wow, the new post just said every richard simmons thing right! I was laughing throughout.. 

• Like 19

48 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Oh that's interesting. I think I need to watch both to decide. I remember YJ's confession leaving a huge impression on me!

@junghwana I guess great minds think alike! I just answered someone's post on the MT about loving and how one defines love... I am just saying what you said, that it is different for everyone. Wanna answer me and add some of the nice stuff you just said here? :)

I just did lols but I'm literally shaking. I try to avoid the MT its a bit too aggressive there for me. I hope my post didn't sound condescending to anyone >_<

• Like 7