[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

This is SOOOOO out of topic but i have to say it coz i never apologized like others did. I am truly and deeply sorry for my grammar:D I've studied English for 13 years and stopped using it in daily life when I finished high school 6 years ago so i know  I make mistakes and I apologize for that:D

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, janeadelaine said:

I agree. there are lots of comments that I want to reply to, but it will be no use and people will probably see me as a blind shipper. so yeah, all I can do is just wait for Friday & Saturday and prove them wrong, I hope..

Hahaha yes! I get the colour, doll and things in the background theories, they're fun. The ones that annoy me are those that are not logic.. Like how do you come up with that?! *side eyeing that long post on MT lol*

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, hhbm007 said:

I've just rewatched some old episodes and found out that some narration tended to be prepared for the sad ending of JH :bawling:

“Time flies… time eventually creates farewell and it always leaves people with regrets. If you love someone, tell them now before your fleeting days are filled with regret. In some ways, the biggest present time gives us is the memories we have of loving others that’s why you have to shove aside embarrassment and confess your love to the one you love."

"A line indicates a limit saying: ‘That’s as far as you get.’ Protecting a line is remaining in that comfortable space you have used to and maintain those rules, that world, those relationships. Not crossing the line also means that you will never see a new world with new rules & relationships. If you dream of a new relationship, if you dream of love – you have to cross that line

Both are said by Deoksun :frown:

Quote by beatuscorner

I am so glad you found the need to enlighten us on this because we totally didn't get the meaning of this narration. I mean how could we...with our inferior brains.

• Like 7

@binnielover Even i was a bit worried, still kind of am tbh since JH didnt act formally at all...but maybe the future husband was talking about after they grew up and Noeul 'changed'/'grew' into an adult ( LOL i dont know how i can explain it better), i mean when he was shown in 2015 he look like the eldest of them all hahah so maybe the husband was talking about the 2000s and not the 1980s-1990s ?  honestly after the time skip Noeul looks younger and more handsome in my eyes especially with his new hairstyle keke :)

Anyway im trying not to take everything in 2015 so seriously thats what i did in 1994 and i was trolled big time hehe.   1988,1989,1994 story > 2015 interview ;) 

Never mind i think i misunderstood your question hahaha sorry

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EMM! said:

I've been rewatching old episodes, yet again and this time I found a cute thing everyone probably overlooked.

But due to our new knowledge that Junghwan liked Deoksun way back the first ep.. I'm just giddy to realize this until now.

Episode 2, first scene.

We see Sung Gyun with his video camera, seemingly making a vlog and introducing his family.

We then see him go to Junghwan's room, and we see him doing nothing inside his room and got annoyed at his father who was filming him.

Then we got to see Madam Ra and Sung Gyun bicker--

The door opens.

Sung Gyun checks who entered.

Cue music, Deoksun enters.

Note that she was the first one to sing out loud and dance (the Fan Guru skit), not Sung Gyun, he just followed her.

I assume the time of this scene in Junghwan's house was between after-dinner to bedtime, since the next scene after was Deoksun and Bora getting ready to sleep with their Grandmother in their room.

So...?

Guess who went out of his room just after Sung Gyun was singing along...

It's Junghwan!

We probably overlooked this bit and just viewed it as a comic relief, introduce the Kim family, or a cute way to introduce Deoksun's grandma through Mi Ra's statement, etc.

What we didn't realize was the show was already giving us signs about Junghwan crushing on Deoksun!

Junghwan went out of his room, possibly after hearing Deoksun enter (since his room is just by the door and Deoksun started dancing from that point until she reaches the table) and sat at the dining area to witness her cute interaction with his father!

He had no reason to be in this scene.. they're not even eating.. and usually Mi Ran calls the boys when the food is ready / prepared.
And we know how he deals with his father's gags.. hearing his father singing again, he should've stayed in his room instead.
Yet in this bit, he didn't even complain and just accepted it.

Such sneaky moves, Junghwanie!

We thought the bickering scene (Deoksun eating the leftovers with her hands) was cute, but I think this weighs more.

The subtlety.. wooooooow Shin PD sure is a genius *____*

Okay interesting analysis. But why was there still food on the table? It looked like dinnertime to me for some reason.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kayle01 said:

@binnielover Even i was a bit worried, still kind of am tbh since JH didnt act formally at all...but maybe the future husband was talking about after they grew up and Noeul 'changed'/'grew' into an adult ( LOL i dont know how i can explain it better), i mean when he was shown in 2015 he look like the eldest of them all hahah so maybe the husband was talking about the 2000s and not the 1980s-1990s ?  honestly after the time skip Noeul looks younger and more handsome in my eyes especially with his new hairstyle keke :)  Or just maybe since he went under strict training to join the airforce he started talking to Noeul formally :phew: Anyway im trying not to take everything in 2015 so seriously thats what i did in 1994 and i was trolled big time hehe.   1988,1989,1994 story > 2015 interview ;) 

hahaha right, the way No Eul looks in present, your theory makes sense. 1994 No Eul is kind of hot. Talking about No Eul, maybe he will play some role....how he was the gift messenger and did give suspicious glances to high-school version of JH-DK. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, hhbm007 said:

I've just rewatched some old episodes and found out that some narration tended to be prepared for the sad ending of JH :bawling:

“Time flies… time eventually creates farewell and it always leaves people with regrets. If you love someone, tell them now before your fleeting days are filled with regret. In some ways, the biggest present time gives us is the memories we have of loving others that’s why you have to shove aside embarrassment and confess your love to the one you love."

"A line indicates a limit saying: ‘That’s as far as you get.’ Protecting a line is remaining in that comfortable space you have used to and maintain those rules, that world, those relationships. Not crossing the line also means that you will never see a new world with new rules & relationships. If you dream of a new relationship, if you dream of love – you have to cross that line

Quote by beatuscorner

didn't u also notice watching all those episodes that taek too is yet to tell deoksun he loves her? deoksun herself is yet to confess to anyone :expressionless: those two narrations apply to the situations during which they were narrated

Edited by boranoona
  • Like 3

Oh I was rereading the recap from r94 just now and for ep 20 and though I don't want to compare i'll just share my findings (please note that i don't want to offend anyone especially those who have been in the shipping of r94, i was part of it too :( )

Ep 20 which will be ep 19 for us, started at the elevator scene of T-NJ-CB, this was the cliffhanger of ep 19 of r94 wherein Oppa saw them together. T just lets the elevator close on him and rides dejectedly. This is similar to our cliffhanger in ep 18, we see JH surrendering his feelings, saying goodbye to his first love knowing that it's the end (or so he thinks). I think we'll have similar of that in the next episode to come (well because they need to play the husband hunt). We are made to believe that T gave up already but we all know that with just one trigger, NJ goes for where her heart truly lies. As for JH, he believes it's a done deal already and even leaves the ring behind. We still don't know what may happen, what trigger would make DS choose because honestly, even though our love line is quite moving, it is still relatively slow. 

I hope you guys become more uplifted in the days to come :) we are the ones that keep this flight intact with our encouranging words and unwavering love for JH-DS so let's continue that 

• Like 11

in ep 11 Deok Sun's friends told her to never confess first no matter what and just wait for him(JungHwan) to confess, to which she agreed, and then she gets this beautiful confession 5 years later. 'sigh. I love this drama so much --

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, binnielover said:

The only thing am worried about is the banmal JH speaks with No Eul during christmas gift scene and how the 2015 husband said that it took him 10 years to speak with No Eul informally. I hope someone will explain this and put my heart to ease.

All I can think is (after watching ep.18) probably JH feels embarrass & didn't want anyone else know about him giving present to DS so he's acting up like that. Just like when DR found out JB is dating someone, when JB asked DR is there anything DR wants, JB using formal speech.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fictionista said:

Okay interesting analysis. But why was there still food on the table? It looked like dinnertime to me for some reason.

Oh!!!! Just rewatched, Mi Ran was still preparing.. so there's nothing really at the table but ingredients?

1pGYCIZ.jpg

Meaning, dinner is not yet prepared.

Point still stays, Junghwan wasn't needed at the table :DDD

Thanks for catching! I was singing along to the gag.. that I overlooked this bit!

• Like 19

25 minutes ago, binnielover said:

The only thing am worried about is the banmal JH speaks with No Eul during christmas gift scene and how the 2015 husband said that it took him 10 years to speak with No Eul informally. I hope someone will explain this and put my heart to ease.

I think there are a few ways to see this. If JH is the husband:

1) It's just a figure of speech. To say that NE looks so old that he felt weird talking to him in banmal. 

2) When they showed JH asking NE to send to give to DS, they would've known each other for more than 10 years. Enough time for him to speak to him in banmal.

If TK is the husband:

I don't recall him talking to NE (lol) but I think I've read before that TK speaks to him in banmal too (If anyone knows if this is true or not please feel free to correct me). If it's true then I think the same rule applies. 

Edit: Ok so they're both equal then since it's already mentioned in few posts above. 

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, binnielover said:

Adult DK gives coffee to her husband, so the husband must be TK. Why?? Just beacuse TK has 2 coffee scenes with DS, JH is not allowed to drink coffee ever in his life? And just because 25 years back she made some coffee for TK, she wont make same coffee for her husband if the husband is JH. In practical sense she would do everything she did/how she cared for people around her, and more for her husband irrespective of who the husband is. 

I LOLed at this really hard:lol::lol::lol::lol: i forgot coffee theory coz of burp theory. This is sooooo hilarious i feel bad for them for real. These are the kind of misconceptions that i do not even know how to describe .

I think that husband in future said that as a joke.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, fictionista said:

I think it's kinda late night snack. I didn't see diner set (bowl of rice, chopsticks, a pot) there, just some food on plate

@EMM! I knew it too..! I thought it was diner time but it's not! He just wanna see her! Awww...

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, janeadelaine said:

both TK and JH have showed that they use banmal to Noeul. on E14, Noeul asked TK for his signatures and TK replied with banmal too.

@ner54  Janeadelaine explained here that there is indeed a scene where TK speaks banmal with No Eul. I hope this puts your heart to ease too :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hhbm007 said:

Quote by beatuscorner

Heeeey! Relax. This also applies to TK, doesn't it? Has he ever confessed to DS? JH did twice. And even if TK has confessed after the concert-date in ep 18... so did JH. So neither of them is on a better position. Well, in my eyes JH is, because that "don't go to the blind date" was pretty straight-forward. 

Also, if I'm not mistaken the last part of the narration was BR, not DS.

And in addition to my post just now, I believe with the way JH seemingly removes himself from the triangle, it's his story that needs a trigger towards his happy ending. He loved, he fought and he surrendered. Now, we just have to anticipate that trigger that would change the course of his resigned fate and I know he will have a great one at that :lol:

• Like 15