[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

8 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I am happy for Deok Sun, I really am; but my heart hurts sooo much for Junghwan....Why was I lead to follow his feelings this far....did we see that smoke running video wrong? It went Sunwoo, then Taek, then finally Junghwan caught up to Deok Sun and smiled....Where did I go wrong you guys? From where did I go wrong? It feels like before the break one thing was happening and then after the break another whole things started up...WHERE DID I GO WRONG!! But, all their merchandise advertises Deok Sun and Junghwan. The OST, the calendar, the MV's....WHERE DID I GO WRONG????

You didn't go wrong anywhere. Writer Lee Woo Jung is just high on LSD is all.

• Like 13

Ok, I won't say "I'm alright now" because I'm certainly not. I feel like I've been trolled in the worst way possible, I try not to bring up the R994 subject to this thread beause I know lots of you were in the Nareki team from the beginning, so talking about it might just make everyone uncomfortable and as a former CB shipper I recognize I was blind by my ship. BUT, this is my second time with a heartbreak after this series and I can't help but rant about my frustrations. I don't think this time I got it wrong, I still believe this was the one and truly OTP of this 1988 (beside SW-BR), and even if I was to re-watch all the episodes (this time knowing TK is the endgame) I couldn't help but comeback here because this is IT. This is what Shin PD, writers and production team gave me: Kim Jung Hwan love story. One-sided love, you say? No way. I've been catching on all of DS-TK scenes (even the last ones, all lovey-dovey couple) AND I STILL DON'T GET THE FEELS. Taek is adorable, but in my eyes, his relationship with DS has always given this "brother-sister" vibe, no, wait: I mean, mother-son vibe, to be more precise. Now JH-DS (call me a blind shipper and all you want) is another story: The chemistry is undeniable, even in the short scenes, even if we were to get 1 out of 20 with TK... JH-DS moments were the worthy ones, even the music selected, the sceneries, etc, etc... All the official MVs, Lee Moon Sae's song, the parallels, etc, etc... I could go on forever. That's why I'm frustrated, I followed the story as it was presented to me, I'm the one to blame for watching a different show in R1994, I admit it. HOWEVER, this time around I know I was right from the start. I just don't know what happened. I can't really blame the production team because this was a masterpiece, out of all kdramas the Replys have something so realistic and beautiful about its nostalgia and character dynamics that makes it impossible to avoid watching. Even If I want to hate DS for choosing the "other guy" I can't. I can't because she's one of the most endearing and sweeteest characters, and the one uri Jung Pal fell for.

Now it's the end, I don't have any hopes because there's no turning back from what I've seen in episode 19, I sincerely appreciate your positivity and hope in this ship (You guys rock! as I always say). Now my main concern is only JH. I saw DS happy, I now need to see my other half smiling again. He's done so much for everyone, now he needs to receive. I would like the show to focus on his arc. Because (quoting another comment) JH might not be DS husband, but he's definitely not a second lead on this story. 

It's 4pm here (Yes, I woke up to read live recaps at 8 AM) and I already did, but I'm still crying my whole heart out. This wasn't right, dear Lee-Woo Jung writer.

31 minutes ago, thenitsky said:

We finally knew in ep.19 that she actually has feelings already for TK in 1989..so why she remained quiet while JH confessed?if she knew how she feels and sure about it..just reject JH right away and that's it. Instead of saying nothing and giving some vague facial expression AND always looking at the door. That was just mean and childish. 

i think that must be related to the pregnant pause after JH confession and how the ring that was originally on DS side change to JH side. You know how they like to cut a reaction and inserted it later. Like what happen when DR father talk about wanting to buy DR banana in ep 17. Ah, i don't know. Maybe at that moment she pushed the ring back to JH. So, JH on the other hand make the confession as a joke to prevent awkwardness between them, DR and SW.

I don't want to take any positive chance here bcoz I afraid that the heartache will be doubled.

Going to sleep right now. I was comforted by reading all of the comments by JH shippers and Knetz dissatisfaction

G. Night....

• Like 3

Nobody went wrong, nobody.usually the korean viewers are able to guess correctly who the husband is.even they are frustated as hell.and this is THE FIRST TIME I AM EXPERIENCING 2ND LEAD SYNDROME and this is too painful.from my years of experience of watching k dramas,movies, etc etc, reading books,i can certainly say that every thing was pointing to junghwan until this episode

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

i'm starting to think where did  i go wrong too?

majority of the viewers think JH is the husband. even the tk shippers have low expectation because it's pretty obvious then after the one week break. BAM!!! 

exactly my thoughts! where have i misinterpreted?

In Reply 1994 i was in Team Trash, but if in the end NJ married CB i could have understand!! But here not! I really can take seriously the relationship between T and DS, i don't see any sparks between the two.. 

• Like 10

guys why some of you are already saying goodbye? there's still tomorrow.

is there any Ryu Joon Yeol thread here?  led me there chingu because I think majority of you guys will be there.

where else do I find chingudeul like all of you guys? I already miss you guys :(

• Like 12

Finaly i am sad and crying. This is the most twisted twist in kdrama land ever, and i was avoiding weekend dramas just to watch this makjang richard simmons that they gave me. Whats with all those unanswered questions? Why were we watching JH`s development since ep 1 just to see DS and TK at the end of story? Like seriously thats like i am living my life for 24 years and BAAAAM one day someone else is living my life and i am watching that quietly. WTF?! If this was the story of DS and TK why the richard simmons did we saw much more scene of JH than TK and DS together?! Can someone give me an explanation coz i really need that explanation?! I am still confused but hurt at the same time. Story mainly revolved around Kim family and JH and then BAM they became sidekick. As for me R88 was finished at ep 18, this is it . Kudos to writers you made it you trolled not just Korean nation but whole richard simmons nation. I loved Reply series but I'm not a masochist and I do not plan to watch the following series ( if they make any after this).

• Like 17

Yea, I'm more so upset about JH's happiness rather than him being with DS. There are other fishes in the sea right? JH is an amazing man and I want to see him be happy with another girl and that will make my entire life. If I see that, then I admit that I watch this drama for JH and only for JH. 

false-meme-generator-fact-i-do-care-abou

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I am happy for Deok Sun, I really am; but my heart hurts sooo much for Junghwan....Why was I lead to follow his feelings this far....did we see that smoke running video wrong? It went Sunwoo, then Taek, then finally Junghwan caught up to Deok Sun and smiled....Where did I go wrong you guys? From where did I go wrong? It feels like before the break one thing was happening and then after the break another whole things started up...WHERE DID I GO WRONG!! But, all their merchandise advertises Deok Sun and Junghwan. The OST, the calendar, the MV's....WHERE DID I GO WRONG????

Girl, join us at  http://ds-jh-shippers.chatango.com/

We all are there !

• Like 4

I am finished. It is what it is. My Jess/Rory OTP didn't work out neither so. I am going to the break room and sleep because I am exhausted. It was great watching this show with you all and sharing in the love of Junghwan and Deok Sun and all their potential with you all. I will see you guys tomorrow when the final nail is in the coffin and hopefully I got may handshake good-bye and Junghwan is happily married to someone else.

• Like 20

Whoa!  Did I stumble on MT???

The show isn't over - please hold off on your PO'd attitudes.  Yes, I understand you're frustrated, I'm a shipper too.  But This Thread is JHxDS thread, right?  Not a 'Writer/PD Hater' thread, right?  or the MT.  While I am very very frustrated with lack of JHxDS skinship and hubby reveal, I am truly thankful and appreciative of the writers, pd's, actors who have made me laugh, cry, giggle, burn over the family/neighborhood love.  So please, while some of us continue to home, let's tone down the hate and keep the faith until the last credit rolls.  :heart:

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Awen Noet said:

guys why some of you are already saying goodbye? there's still tomorrow.

is there any Ryu Joon Yeol thread here?  led me there chingu because I think majority of you guys will be there.

where else do I find chingudeul like all of you guys? I already miss you guys :(

Yes there is a ryu junyeol thread

I am going to miss all of u on this thread !!!  But let's meet again on the ryu junyeol thread

• Like 14

Guys, I know you all are sad (I haven't watched the episode, so I'm immune for now). But, please atleast, wait till ep. 20 for the final confirmation before giving up. We atleast owe it to jung hwan to watch whatever comes next, or whatever ending is in store for him. and wallow in sadness tomorrow after having the OFFICIAL confirmation. I just don't want you guys to feel this sad today only to find out jung hwan is the husband tomorrow. I think we should be atleast able to celebrate if he is (however unlikely the chances are seeming now). As bora said, there is still that 1%!!!! That 1% is everything! If not that then I would like a good ending for jung hwan, with him being happy and I will be satisfied. 

• Like 7