[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

1 minute ago, wizengamot said:

i'm sorry but i'm still for JH.

if he;'s not endgame. this is the first time i got the husband wrong

so unless i'm experiencing "there's a first time for everything." lol 

but i'm not taking back everything i said. i still think majority of the series showed him so if TK is really the husband, then it's a pity that his story with DS was underdeveloped. 

this is all bcz in the end they will show us how junghwan wrote an autobiography abt his failed first love and everyone loved it, so the story was seen from his pov :3 :3 :3

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, vilavila said:

I am disappointed with the turn of the story. I knew we'd be in trouble if the kiss was real. I will follow the recaps for tomorrow, but I don't think I can finish the series now. I will need some time to distance myself from these characters and in time I might enjoy the series again. 

It does not seem fair to even expect a twist in the end. Seems like DS has decided on TK. And looks like adult husband said he didn't go to school. Probably, we will see DS and JH talk tomorrow. I really hope they don't go with JH meets DS's flight attendant friend. I don't like that at all. 

Uhhh...such a disappointing start to the day and the weekend! 

Right now i'm really curious of tomorrow ratings! I don't think i will finish to watch Reply because of my feels :tears: I don't think there is more hope for DSxJH, it would be too weird if DS and Taek break up and she starts a relationship with JH 

• Like 5

Hello guys..

been a silent reader since forever.. but seriously, I felt nothing from today episode.. more like they completed the puzzle but it didnt match each other..

i feel strange.. 

poor uri junghwani.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 

But really guys.. it has been a nice ride with you guys all in this thread.. I Love you as much as I love uri Junghwani.. <3<3 **send my virtual hugg*

And please dont mine my english guys.. :)

• Like 4

To be or not to be, that is the question, we're asking ourselves right now as shippers of this jetplane. 
@boranoona I feel you sister.

@wizengamot I'm positive of the end game is here. I just don't like how we're going to get there. I just feel like JH deserves better. I rather be reading Dragonball now than watch this drama tomorrow (JH and future husband's favourite past time). Who am I kidding? I need to know. It's not over, until it's over. 

Going to rant a whole lot more later. I'm like Ra yeosa at the moment. That sickening anger that burns and won't go away, I feel you, Cheetah omma. But I don't have a sweet son to throw me a birthday-wedding. 

• Like 7

So that’s it :)

I have to admit I have a meeting today during the episode’s show time, and I was quite confident in my judgment (JH x DS) – I asked my partner to send me the live recap. You can easily imagine that I was shaking terribly towards the second half of my meeting, I could not even hold my cup of water properly.

Luckily in a sense, I think that made me calmer coming here after the episode ended. It is okay, like I said yesterday – if there is no other surprise in ep20, then the drama has ended nicely for me at ep18 with the FMV as a nice epilogue. Should I have hope for ep20? Not really, because the husband said it himself that he did not go to school and the first kiss was in 1989. I don’t really think it was applicable to JH. Plus, I believe the writer / PD would show their dating progression so 1 episode is enough for that. The fighting scenes with Taek probably were to explain how their relationship’s dynamics changed to what it is in the current day. In full honesty, unless the writer can tie all loose ends, I would remain highly unconvinced if JH is the end game after what happened today.

It has surely been a rollercoaster ride of emotions – and I personally feel like I had just gone through a one-sided love. I have been faithful and undeterred in my one-sided love for the JH x DS couple since episode 1, and unfortunately the writer did not answer me. Surely I would take some time to recover from the heartache but I will try not to think about the entire situation logically. Probably that would help :)

Yesterday night when I was trying to fall asleep, I was also trying to prepare myself for the worst outcome. The pain hit immediately at the first thought of it, but then I realised something more important over the last month. I have gained a lot from being on this ship and I truly enjoy the community-feel of this thread, which made me log in to soompi again after 4 year hiatus. I have been on this forum for almost 10 years now, and when my group of soompiers left the forum in 2011-2012, I made my exit as well. I never thought I would find the same kind of family atmosphere on this forum but you guys surprised me. I am grateful for the friendship and the virtual sympathy we shared over the last month. Thank you :) Our legacy lives on despite the ending :)

Thanks RJY as well for one-hell-of-a-performance. I will be eagerly looking forward to your future works.

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, wizengamot said:

i'm sorry guys, but i'm still watching tomorrow.

i'm not a masochist but, this story seems incomplete if it's gonna end like this?

their story seems too smooth... and easy...

SUPER MARIO AGREE! 

Somehow DS and TK is like DS with SW. and why DS ignore TK holding her hand or TK hug?

JH, hang in there!! Keep your head up!! You're the husband!! Two episode full of taek can't replace that you are the husband!!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, aying said:

I have a question though, doesn't the date say 1994 september right after the first scene (which was future DS and husband)? Or I saw it wrong. I'm confused with the timeline

well. I don't even know what to say about this episode. I can't believe I would be so heartbroken to see DS smiling like that. But why does it feel like it's still not taek. And the episode didn't address anything AT ALL about JH-DS. JH seemed to give up in ep18 but how about DS? we still don't know what happened to her crush on JH. and the preview for ep20 doesn't feel like a finale episode at all. it seemed to be hinting at problems rather than conclusions, which is what the last episode is supposedly for.

I don't know the dates, but the drama does show scenes non-linearly. May be the dating between DS and TK happened before the Oct confession. I don't understand why the writer bothers to keep the mystery alive. Just give both team JH and team TK certainty and let them anticipate the good times. 

• Like 3

is it really over? OMG, I'm so heartbroken. This is the first time that i have a SLS, so i don't know how to deal with it. I'm scare of watching today's episode and i'm even more scare of the final episode.

• Like 1

Guest wizengamot

whatever guys, 

but we're only 13 pages away from hitting 600th

hahahahahahaha!!!

come on guys! you can't possibly be this gloomy for the next 21 hours and 30 minutes!!!

i guess i could actually bask from the fact that i got to know good actors and actresses through the series, and the gem of it all is JH/RJY

@honeywell I agree I don't think any surprise twist or ending is coming and I honestly don't want one. This would mean that this whole almost two hours was complete waste imho, if they hadn't have kissed and they hadn't shown Deok Sun happy about it and them secretly dating, then I would still have some hope. But nope she very much enjoyed it and they are very much dating so even though it feels empty and like Taek was in the backseat of much of his own love story, I accept what is. Taek is the husband. I guess I read episode 18 wrong and it really was the end for Junghwan, he really did let go of his first love. It's bitter because I can't help but think of all of the what if's but that's life and it is a beautiful message and lesson learned. All I need now, is to see Junghwan happy in the future. Just show me him happily married or living the military life and a full squad scene and I'll be cool with it all. It hurts because I shipped it so hard and still very much do and the narrative seemed like it was headed down one conclusion, but I guess this time the writer wanted to do something different. The guy who was on time won out and fate and timing matters. Whatever Deok Sun is happy and I am happy for her and Taek. I am sad for me and Junghwan but happy for her and Taek. Just I don't like the empty seats it was just like...it all feels empty but what can I do but accept what is....

• Like 19

24 minutes ago, blademan said:

I feel like it's too late to develop a JH-DS storyline now...but they BETTER find JH someone worthy if he's not the husband in the end!!

What do you mean underdeveloped story? All this time we have seen how they like each other! I think the under developed love story is the one for TKxDS. There are SO MANY unresolved issues between JH and DS, so many unanswered questions. I'm not sure how they will answer them tomorrow, but if they don't then they(We) WASTED SO MUCH TIME I this drama!!!

• Like 1

THERE WAS NO CLOSURE BETWEEN JH AND DS. THEY CAN NOT DO THIS. THIS IS WORSE THAN CHILBONG

CB and Najung have a proper talk between them, Najung knows CB's feeling and rejects him cleanly. while here DS may not even know about JH's love for her since richard simmons episode 1 because the joke-but-not-really-confession and if she knows, there has to be a scene where they sit down, have a talk, clear all misunderstanding and she rejects him. Do they plan to make JH the most pitiful guy in the series? and then theres that ring too did the restaurant's owner take it or what? 

• Like 6

damn...if it's not junghwan...then I just hope the next reply series will be all about him and his love life..I need a proper closure

And imo jungpal's scenario is worse than chilbong...if being jungpal-ed is 10 then being chilbonged is probably 7.5-8 

I just wish junghwan would share his feelings of sadness with me...I swear RJY's character is the best~how could Shin-PD do this to him? And there were unresolved "clues" and "events" in the past also...how did tk know the postcards, what happened with the chocolate? the gloves? the manitto thing?

Now, now, don't get me wrong I'm actually a hardcore fan of PBG, I've followed him since wonderful mama haha, but actors are actors, and the characters are like a separate entity...I love PBG but I love RJY's character more (I was actually his fan since his role in socialphobia, you guys should watch it~)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 4anna said:

Hi everyone! I am usually just read comments this  group but when streaming episode 19 I can't resist to comment here

HOW CAN DEOK SUN FALL FOR 3 GUYS FROM THE GANG??

I still hope Junghwan is the husband although in this episode she seem dating Taek..

# pardon for my bad English

Hide contents

some staff of Reply said that the husband will reveal in episode 20

a person said he saw RJY shot a wedding scene as a groom in his twitter but he got complained so he took the tweet.. Why must they shot JH wedding if he isn't the end game

About that rumor, as #teamlowexpectation I (with a weight heart) assume it's just a form of consolation for the "seemingly sinking" ship. If it's not Deoksun, PD-nim better chooses a famous actress as wife cameo. Song Hye Gyo? Jeon Ji Hyun? Ha Ji Won? Lee Honey? (I am sorry I only know adult actress)

• Like 2

guuuys I'm running to my laptop after hearing some bad news!!

reading your recap breaks my heart huhuhuh

but guys, am I the only one or there is really something off in here?

I mean, not because I'm JH shipper but how do PD and writer explain everything if TK is the husband?

How will the flashback be? are there many unexplained things between TK and DS?

Idk, like some of you said I'm not even gonna mad if TK is the husband. But I'm really disappointed. This will be the worst reply series ever. The story kinda off and not delivered properly. Or maybe they really want to interview DS and TK about how JH lost his love? Isn't it awkward?

Oh and bytheway, I think the main character of this series is BR and SW LOL LOL

• Like 2