[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@Gabi Bros Thanks! but @peny has already sent it to me and now it seems like we can talk about it openly. Gosh, I can't wait!!! Can 29th August come faster!??!?!?!?!? And with lots of kisses between Haesoo and both 4th and 8th prince cause I am still torn with who should I ship her with. Maybe with 8th so I can ship myself with 4th, lol.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jlover1001 said:

Can 29th August come faster!??!?!?!?!?

It probably can't sniff... :( But heyyyy - it's still sooner than it was 2 months ago! We'll survive.

Oh, btw the almost-kiss picture makes me swoon too. This will be a kiss to remember, mark my words!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

It probably can't sniff... :( But heyyyy - it's still sooner than it was 2 months ago! We'll survive.

Oh, btw the almost-kiss picture makes me swoon too. This will be a kiss to remember, mark my words!

Me tooooooo!!! We need to hang on. Come end of August, we will be rewarded. :grin:

• Like 6

IU: Kang Haneul is 'elementary education'.

Per uri Squishy's added note -- Elementary education is free and compulsory for everyone in Korea -- I am interpreting that as Kang Haneul gives affection to everyone without hesitation, as if it's part of an inner code or embedded in his DNA. He does it automatically, without any reservation whatsoever.

Our 8th prince sounds like a really great guy and an awesome friend in real life. :wub:

In the C-Version, his character was actually very caring and kind. If the role is similar in the K-version (which I think it is), then Kang Haneul will be PERFECT as 8th prince. Can't wait!!!!  :D

• Like 6

Other characters description...this is SO SPOILERISH. I regret to look at King Taejo's description...is so different from Bubujinxin and i think is a nice change but was better to know to it through the show. Was it necesarry to said the last point in his character description? :o  I will put the descriptions as hidden content for the ones that dont want to know:

Spoiler

• Like 6

On 7/11/2016 at 9:57 PM, Gabi Bros said:

@Glamour90 Hi! When 4th fell in love with the leading lady he already was married.

His wife is played by Kang Ha Na. She appeared in the preview (she was wiping his face). 

i am new here but kind of confused.  based on the character intro, Kang Ha na is hwangbo yeonhwa  - king taejo's eldest daughter? So that makes her the 4th prince sister? can someone clarify these?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, erin05 said:

i am new here but kind of confused.  based on the character intro, Kang Ha na is hwangbo yeonhwa  - king taejo's eldest daughter? So that makes her the 4th prince sister? can someone clarify these?

She is supposed to be her wife and half-sister. Part of the royal intermarriage at those times. Well, that is what we think based on korean history. But something is telling me inside that they won't completely stick to history. 

EDIT 1:

Cast[edit]

Main characters[edit]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shine_or_Go_Crazy#Cast

This was the cast of Shine or Go Crazy (drama that I have not seen but has characters that appear in Scarlet Heart Goryeo. So, there says Hwangbo Yeonhwa was later known as Queen Daemok. From what I have searched, Queen Daemok is married to Wang So (King Gwangjong). 

EDIT 2: Or maybe we are confusing 2 princesses because the first names are slightly different Yeowon and Yeonhwa? Some sites tell that Kang Ha Na is also Queen Daemok, but maybe is a confussion? So...is that the case she is only a sister now in the description? At initial character descriptions she was introduced as Wang So's wife...in this new ones only as the sister. Is still confusing. :blink: We can't trust character descriptions after all...13th prince initially was introduced only as a friend of Haesoo, her best friend...but in the preview we saw that he had feelings for her. 

EDIT 3: There is an interesting comment that I read recently and can be found here: http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/03/scarlet-heart-goryeo-drops-8-intense-beautiful-character-posters/

로비(露悲)  sam  8 days ago

"History of Goryeo" should be taken with a grain of salt. It was compiled and written by Confucian scholars during the early Joseon Dynasty so the contents alone would be slightly biased against Goryeo; their "actions" especially during the so-called period of the "Age of Warriors" (where the military revolted against their discrimination, and ruled and installed puppet rulers) and during its dying days (Yuan's invasion onwards, Empress Ki be included since her brother loved playing king) would be enough Goryeo-bashing material to rationalize Yi Seong-gye's coup.

The "marriage" you're talking about was the norm even then. I'm guessing Goryeo did the "incest marriages" to strengthen power since Wang Geon (who lived in the dying days of the kingdoms that formed after Unified Silla's decline) was in the stages of truly unifying the Korean peninsula.

(Silla during but before Queen Seondeok's days also practiced this, but to a lesser degree, since the royal "sacred bone" class had an emergency severe shortage of males and had no choice but to intermarry with the noble "true bone" class. Examples would be Mishil & Seondeok's mother Lady Maya)

Actually the production seems to stick with BuBuJingXin since the prince numbering is in contrast to the real thing; back then power didn't rest on actual birth order and rank unlike how
Qing did it...

• Like 8

7 hours ago, erin05 said:

Try to watch the show without having this knowledge in mind, plus Kang Ha Na's character won't have much love involvement with Jun Ki's Wang So other than probably being his unloved wife. Morality level back then is not with the same level of acceptance these days. Plus if you have a smoking smexy hot brother like Lee Jun Ki, who would mind to have him as her husband? :P

• Like 8

@Gabi Bros @erin05 Continuing with the history lesson for all those that want to play along, Wang So actually had 2 consorts -- 1) Queen Daemok, Wang So's half sister, same father - King Taejo, different mothers; and 2) Lady Gyeonghwagung, Wang So's niece - daughter of Crown Prince Hyejong, who was the actual successor to Taejo. Hyejong was Goryeo's 2nd reigning monarch, and Wang So would eventually become the 4th.

It was actually customary during the Goryeo period for a monarch to have 2 wives. We can definitely confirm that Wang So was married to Queen Daemok. I'd like to think that Lady Gyeonghwagung was also married to Wang So since she was part of the royal line.

Intermarriage within a royal family was not uncommon during this time as it was the easiest method for a royal family or dynasty to retain their wealth and power.

• Like 7

One of  drama that i anticipated the most,  i love the trailer.. but goshh too much wang :D. Handsome wang (jun ki look scary thi) heheh.....I think I have to remember they name first before the drama airing, so i won't switch them up :P. And i think i have to study the history too.... aiohhh too much to learn :blink:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, dhia205 said:

And i think i have to study the history too.... aiohhh too much to learn :blink:

I'd love to do the same but it's hard - limited sources, unfortunatelly. 

I've seen the trailer so many times I can't even count. Dark Joon Gi makes me so excited I wish summer ended asap (and I love summer the most! that says something!).

• Like 9

3 hours ago, cedarwood said:

I'd love to do the same but it's hard - limited sources, unfortunatelly. 

I've seen the trailer so many times I can't even count. Dark Joon Gi makes me so excited I wish summer ended asap (and I love summer the most! that says something!).

if that so, i think i'll just learn the history while watching the drama. even joseon king already make me headache.

i hope summer not end yet, but i wanna see dark joon ki soon... his cold eyes kill me

• Like 7