[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

23 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

To those who have opted not to watch the BBJX 2011 C Drama , you can check Koala's guide to the Princes of BBJX. It is quite insightful specially if we want to have a  brief character breakdown of the prince's. Since the c-drama stayed true to the novel , the gist is almost the same ^^

My most favorite Prince was actually the 8th. (or is it because of how effective the actor portrayed the character?) :) . So this also makes me wonder how the production would focus on the overall story considering that the drama will only cover 20 episodes? . In BBJX 2011, the 35-episode series tackled each of the prince, so the audience really have a roller coaster of emotions when it comes to their character development (except for 9, which was only highlighted at the remaining episodes ).

Judging from the stills of 13th and 14th , it is already obvious how 13th is the scholarly type and 14th is more of the warrior prince.

I must agree, @LyraYoo I much preferred the connection between Ruoxi and the 8th Prince. In fact that was one of the failings of the C version...  The logic behind why she abandoned the 8th Prince made Ruoxi appear really shallow.. Just because he was fated to die...after TWENTY YEARS?  HELLO... aren't we all going to die eventually? It's as though the author needed a plot element and simply said, "Ok, I have to have her love the 4th prince, what is the lamest excuse I can think of to have that happen while leaving the 4th prince as wooden, uninspiring and boring as possible." 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, minmar said:

I must agree, @LyraYoo I much preferred the connection between Ruoxi and the 8th Prince. In fact that was one of the failings of the C version...  The logic behind why she abandoned the 8th Prince made Ruoxi appear really shallow.. Just because he was fated to die...after TWENTY YEARS?  HELLO... aren't we all going to die eventually? It's as though the author needed a plot element and simply said, "Ok, I have to have her love the 4th prince, what is the lamest excuse I can think of to have that happen while leaving the 4th prince as wooden, uninspiring and boring as possible." 

I agree. In fact, if it wasn't for the intro full of spoilers, i would have thought 4th was a supporting character.

Spoiler

8th was more like the leading man. :lol: It was so unbelievable the sudden love towards 4th. 

Hope the love story between 4th prince and the leading lady will be better in SHR. 

• Like 9

Comments:

1. I like how the name Hajin sounds, so I found the meaning.

Spoiler

The first name of Hajin leads you to assume considerable responsibility and to prefer to work independently, without direction or interference from others because you have very definite ideas of your own. Your mind is quick to comprehend and you can be depended upon to do any job well.

2. 9th prince looks good.

3. Cute fan-made Wang Soo.

4. She is the wife of 10th prince. I hope to see brighter colors on her because I dont like black at all. 

• Like 10

On 01.06.2016 at 7:02 PM, Gabi Bros said:

I agree. In fact, if it wasn't for the intro full of spoilers, i would have thought 4th was a supporting character.

Reveal hidden contents

8th was more like the leading man. :lol: It was so unbelievable the sudden love towards 4th. 

Hope the love story between 4th prince and the leading lady will be better in SHR. 

WELL I HOPE IN THIS VERSION SHE WILL ONLY LOVE   4TH PRINCE,THAT THEY'LL BE THIS DRAMA OTP...8TH PRINCE COULD FEEL ONE SIDED LOVE FOR HER ...

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

The tricky part of this adaptation is we still have to base the story from  the novel.

THANKS @LyraYoo...INTERESTING TO KNOW HOW MUCH FROM THE STORY WILL BE IN THIS NEW VERSION...I HOPE SHE WON'T LOVE 8TH PRINCE TOO MUCH...I READ THAT 4TH prince

Spoiler

had no knowledge about  Ruo Xi’s relationship with his brother ...that was mad when he found about it ...

• Like 8

As an adaptation and considering how they've already altered this to fit with Korean history I imagine there will be plenty of other differences from the original story and the C version.  I know the original has a lot of support but honestly to me it didn't move me. Pretty? Yes. Lavish? Yes. But I didn't get the feeling that Ruoxi cared that much for any one but herself. Was that only because the author was trying to project the image of a strong modern women? To cast us as a bunch of fickle, self absorbed femi-nazis?. 

I hope real emotions remain just as deeply felt and intense as they've ever been. regardless of how the culture views love or how brain dead they see women.

• Like 7

Flower prince Ji Soo shows up as the tough maknae in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo character still

e62ff9a7-f2f4-496e-a407-bce434c0853a.jpg

Ji Soo is the “bagel man,” "maknae," "flower boy prince" that noonas are going to adore in the upcoming drama Scarlet Heart: Ryeo. You don’t have to take my word for it! In fact, I can’t take credit for these adjectives at all -- these were the hashtags the Scarlet Heart: Ryeo official Facebook account used to describe the actor in the first still released for his character, Wang Jung. Looking at the photo, the description seems pretty accurate.

In the picture, he is seen with his fists clutched, ready to take on some bad guys. As a “bagel man,” the Korean slang that means a baby-faced male with a gladiator build, expect Wang Jung to show a reversal charm through his strength that conflicts with his youth and looks. As the youngest of the princes, standing 14th in line to the throne, Ji Soo’s character can be underestimated to be weak. But, paired with his martial arts, he will show he’s much more than just a young prince.

Read more at:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/flower-prince-ji-soo-shows-up-as-the-tough-maknae-in-scarlet-heart-ryeo-character-still/

• Like 8

The above poster is released by Mangotv for Chinese promotion. According to Joon Gi who wrote on his IG "The official image of Scarletheart has yet to come. ~~~ Please wait a while ~~~".

cr: Elly@JGfamily

• Like 5

I like the feel of the poster. They look good but I dont like the hair of Kang Ha Neul here, and if I were part of the staff I also would get rid of the mask/eyepatch of Lee Jong Gi. I am still wondering why they covered the face of Lee Joong Gi like that. :huh: Also, I know fans were or are concerned by his weight loss and that it is said that is for this character? :mellow: It really is a extreme weight loss. :o Probably is for him look at a similar age as 3th prince. By the way, 3th look so badass....I kinda like it. Jisso smile is sooo cute ( like this :blush: ), Baekhyun looks so adorable also. Seems that these two will be adorable characters.

This is soooo soooo pretty!! I want to live there. :bawling:

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, patoi said:

The above poster is released by Mangotv for Chinese promotion. According to Joon Gi who wrote on his IG "The official image of Scarletheart has yet to come. ~~~ Please wait a while ~~~".

Thank you... yeah, is more like screencaps of the episodes. :)  

• Like 8

14th prince! Ji Soo ❤️❤️❤️ maknae love!  Thanks @patoi

@Phuong oh liking that update!  I have question, y'all.... who's the actor  the very last photo?  what's his order in the line to the throne?

Well..Looking at the poster release above   I want him  the end game! with the princess :P Don't be mad y'all Joon Gi fans :D 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jongski said:

@Phuong oh liking that update!  I have question, y'all.... who's the actor  the very last photo?  what's his order in the line to the throne?

Well..Looking at the poster release above   I want him  the end game! with the princess :P Don't be mad y'all Joon Gi fans :D 

He is Kang Ha Neul, the eight prince. He fight with Joong Gi (4th prince) for the throne. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:
1 hour ago, jongski said:

He is Kang Ha Neul, the eight prince. He fight with Joong Gi (4th prince) for the throne. 

I like! oh so that's the 8th prince! Rooting! but it's prolly futile. :P;)

• Like 3

On 3.06.2016 at 9:13 AM, andy78 said:

WELL I HOPE IN THIS VERSION SHE WILL ONLY LOVE   4TH PRINCE,THAT THEY'LL BE THIS DRAMA OTP...8TH PRINCE COULD FEEL ONE SIDED LOVE FOR HER ...

They can always do something like in Boys before flowers - Jan Di at first fell for second lead then she realized that Jun Pyo is the one.

1 hour ago, patoi said:

Still there are pix I haven't seen yet. It seems that Wang So didn't lose and eye as we thought (or at least me and few other users here) - maybe he only has really big scar around his left eye.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

I'll forgive you since I'm in a good mood. ;)

J/K of course! ;) 

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

It seems that Wang So didn't lose and eye as we thought (or at least me and few other users here) - maybe he only has really big scar around his left eye.

Yeah, I was one of those that thought he lost the eye. Imagine if he appears in the next poster without the scar? OMG...i dont know what to think about that mask/eyepatch.

• Like 8

I assumed he lost an eye too because why else wear an eye patch? To cover a scar??  Either the reason he has the scar is embarrassing or this is one vain Prince.

As to our Princes...they're ALL handsome but. I'm sure there is some reason everyone picks a different Prince as the "ONE" they like best.  So what is it?  Come on everyone...who is YOUR favorite Prince and why do you like him?  HIS Looks?  His Personality? The  personality of his character in the C version? Other work he has done? 

• Like 7

@minmar I like many people here...but my favorite prince until now (before airing) is 14th! OMG why he is so cute!?

Reasons: 1) I like Jisso since Angry Mom,where he impressed me with his acting, 2) Handsome tall man, 3) 14th was one of my favorites of the C-version, and they may be different but both adorable. ;)  

• Like 6