[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 hours ago, yuhotarubi said:

Never has a drama ruined me as much as this one, not even cheese in the trap or bridal mask did this to me, Ithink I'm gonna take some time out for like a year before I start another drama again, but I will still love you MLSHR, you're just painfully good.

OMG yes chingu it is exactly describes how I feel about MLSHR. It is a PAINFULLY GOOD drama that keeps me emotionally invested and obsessed! MLSHR has consumed my life for the past few months, it's unreal lol :D

• Like 18

23 minutes ago, riuenu said:

by listening to this song already brought tears to the brim of my eyes already..this song..and Soo death..I totally cannot...

I let my six year old daughter listen to this song and she loves it... and it become one of her favorite song... "her voice ia very beautiful" she said... and it's kind a lulaby song for her:wub: even she don't know the meaning hehe...

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, violet90 said:

the death sentence is because of that line 'i never wanna see you again' Su will think he will forever resent her and it will put more pressure and end up dying because of that...

So that i know who even angry because nobody inform him about Su fainting will scared more than anyone if he know that Su only have 10 years to lived... he can control everything and everyone concerning Su but the one thing he can't control is death... if he know about this his focus will switch from throne to Su just like that because in the end Su is the one matter its just right now he been corner with that evil sibling...

and maybe that what So description of character comes alive..... 'even when he dies he want to be Su lover' 

cause he can't love her properly when she alive but he will continue to love her even after he dies... 

and yes the thought of So losing Su and MAYBE did't even meet her for the last time make my heart ache so much.. the guilt , regret , and love that will pouring out his heart will broke him so much.... 

he will continue to love her even death had claimed them make my heartache like mad...if they met and fall in love in different time and place..the outcome will be different right.

Thanks for confirming the death sentence mean "I never wanna see you again", mean they following c version damn closely...yes, death is something he couldnt control, yet,he had ask Soo not to die without his permission...Soo will think that, now..So mention that he never want to see her again, is giving her permission to leave too...but I guess, it is out of anger and jealousy that make So say so.

If So know..asking her to leave is the last time he will be seeing her..he will regret ttm..and IF IF, what waiting for him are just those items after he had been informed that Soo had passed on, and saw the letter after the information..I cant imagine how he will react...I guess I will cried even worst den the last episode of BBJX...

Spoiler

oh ya, crazy me, I had already taken leave on 2nd and 3rd of November to heal my eyes and my soul, this is how bad the drama is affecting me...

1 minute ago, AryRa said:

I let my six year old daughter listen to this song and she loves it... and it become one of her favorite song... "her voice ia very beautiful" she said... and it's kind a lulaby song for her:wub: even she don't know the meaning hehe...

sometime...not knowing something is actually a blessing in disguise...

Well...love and hate relationship with this song, her voice is beautiful, her singing bring me peace...but the lyrics and whenever this OST played is MLSHR bring me tear....

• Like 17

Omg @zi4r your post was really brilliant! (Your post that keeps appearing every few pages).Also @briseis your posts are so insightful and thought-provoking.Always waiting for more to come. @40somethingahjumma I often find myself nodding my head whenever I read your posts.Your posts are amazing!

I was doing Chemistry and when I got back here...WOW:scream: 1600+ PAGES!!!!

You guys are so amazing!:lol:I can't bring myself to skip any page because I feel that every post is so important no matter how different your views are.You guys are clearly having different views after episode 18 and that means all of your posts are a good read!Varied opinions help us to see the larger picture:)

Am still not in the mood to post my thoughts.You guys seem to post what I had in mind and much more so I don't feel the urgent need to post something.I was depressed after watching episode 18 live.But reading your posts and watching BTS or looking thru the IG of the casts are helping me to regain normalcy.Glad to say that my mood is almost stable. @ChewyChocolate your posts always crack me up!Thanks for the much needed humour:joy:

Ok you guys...I'm just going to lurk until next Monday comes or something awesome happens that I have to comment.Will try to catchup with the page numbers as I juggle this,school and family life.Til next time!B)

• Like 18

i think YH's crimes will not come into light or else they wouldnt have an heir.. i guess WW will take the blame for every crime of his sister, after all either he will not set foot on the palace as punishment or will die (but his son will be king in the future, so i dunno if PD will take the c-version).. also WS promised not to kill his brothers, so im hopeful he will just do that and just be careful with the clans (which later he will clean up during his reign by laws)

• Like 14

28 minutes ago, minmar said:

I envy all of our eclipses who have husbands or significant others....but what about those of us who haven't settled down yet?  Just how the heck are we suppose to be open to a relationship with just any old mortal man?  After Joon.... who could settle for anything else?  Oh Dear God.. HELP US!!

This is exactly what I think ! After this drama I am sure I will not fall in love someone for a looong while. My expectations from men are in Mount Everest now LOL

• Like 17

YH really eager to become the queen and future king mother ... so i think the one who put WW on the line is her ... 

but ... what with the preview that HS going to be married with WW? 

i thought she ask help from WJ to get out from the palace ... 

oh my heart!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, riuenu said:

he will continue to love her even death had claimed them make my heartache like mad...if they met and fall in love in different time and place..the outcome will be different right.

Thanks for confirming the death sentence mean "I never wanna see you again", mean they following c version damn closely...yes, death is something he couldnt control, yet,he had ask Soo not to die without his permission...Soo will think that, now..So mention that he never want to see her again, is giving her permission to leave too...but I guess, it is out of anger and jealousy that make So say so.

If So know..asking her to leave is the last time he will be seeing her..he will regret ttm..and IF IF, what waiting for him are just those items after he had been informed that Soo had passed on, and saw the letter after the information..I cant imagine how he will react...I guess I will cried even worst den the last episode of BBJX...

Reveal hidden contents

oh ya, crazy me, I had already taken leave on 2nd and 3rd of November to heal my eyes and my soul, this is how bad the drama is affecting me...

because the way So have loved Su is really the most epic love i ever seen in drama and i don't think he will ever able to forget about her love too.. maybe Su did't love him as much as he did but in the end Su sacrifice her life loving him to her death.. so for me they both love and cherish each other equally but time and place is wrong... So will continue to lived on but his heart and soul already gone when Su gone..

i think that something Su will write in her letter... the last line will be 'it would be good if we can meet and love in different time and place'... and So will cry reading the letter from his lover that already gone and we all be joining him in this scene..

and yes!! if what waiting for him is just the items that Su leaves on and her ash.................................imagine that his mom who never love him make So cry like that when she dies and Su is the one who taking care and love him dying and not with him also because of him that she gone... i'm scared of how he will react to that... but one thing for sure that we all going to cry with him....

because the love between OTP in here is so much more than BBJX.. they are the ultimate soulmate and lover in so many way so for me it will sad and more heartbroken than BBJX...

• Like 23

30 minutes ago, ana45 said:

Hello, my name is Ana, I'm from Brazil, I follow from the beginning this drama, I love Lee Joon Gi and I can say that I greatly appreciate the work of the Ui, my heart hurts in the way the plot follows. I'll see the last epsodios only after reading the spoliers if the end is sad, I have to prepare much before watching! Sorry for my broken English!   :blink:

Welcome Ana!! :) No worries, I can understand your English, I am sure others too! :wub: Feel free to share your thoughts! 

I know right, this drama is so sad.

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, minmar said:

I envy all of our eclipses who have husbands or significant others....but what about those of us who haven't settled down yet?  Just how the heck are we suppose to be open to a relationship with just any old mortal man?  After Joon.... who could settle for anything else?  Oh Dear God.. HELP US!!

Sorry. Comment and laughter of previous post from me was in regards to this post.  Didn't mean to sound like a mad woman posting random laughter. 

• Like 7

THE THRONE OR LOVE

If viewers want to see the happy ending for WS and HS, the writer should have made this drama story like a love story of Prince Edward aka Duke of Windsor (the English nobility and formerly King Edward VIII) and Wallis Simpson (an American widow).
This is the story:

Prince Edward was King of the United Kingdom and the Dominions of the British Empire, and Emperor of India. Edward became king on his father's death in early 1936. Only months into his reign, he caused a constitutional crisis by proposing marriage to Wallis Simpson, an American who had divorced her first husband and was seeking a divorce from her second. The prime ministers of the United Kingdom and the Dominions opposed the marriage, arguing that the people would never accept a divorced woman with two living ex-husbands as queen consort. Choosing not to end the relationship, Edward abdicated. He was succeeded by his younger brother Albert, who chose George VI as his regnal name. With a reign of 326 days, Edward was one of the shortest-reigning monarchs in British history.

On the night of 11 December 1936, Edward explained his decision to abdicate in a worldwide radio broadcast. 
He famously said, 

"I have found it impossible to carry the heavy burden of responsibility and to discharge my duties as king as I would wish to do without the help and support of the woman I love."

Edward departed Britain for Austria the following day. Several months later,  his brother, Prince Albert aka Duke of York, succeeded to the throne as George VI. 
After his abdication, Edward married Simpson in France on 3 June 1937.
This is a true story, which at the end Prince Edward choose love than the throne.

The love story between Prince Wangso and Haesoo is different from the love strory of Prince Edwards and Wallis Simpson.. The writer of the drama MLSCR will not make Prince Wangso and Haesoo have a happy ending like  Prince Edward and Wallis Simpson, because it is not written in the history of Goryeo. We can simply hope that in 21th century they will meet and love each other. 

But we can take the wisdom from the story of the drama, that sometimes the courage is required to take a difficult decision / dilemma. Every decision we take in the end are always at risk. like :
- CR's decision to become a spy for the person she loved since she was a child, Wang Won.
- HS's decision to get out of the palace, leaving his loved ones, WS.
- The decision of WW and WS to choose throne and dispose their loved ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_VIII

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallis_Simpson

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, ajul said:

YH really eager to become the queen and future king mother ... so i think the one who put WW on the line is her ... 

but ... what with the preview that HS going to be married with WW? 

i thought she ask help from WJ to get out from the palace ... 

oh my heart!

the preview meaning is Su used to engaged to WW before....

i wish that YH will stab her brother back and he will bites her back... WW can spill everything that she done to So before he dies cause in BBJX 8th dies suicide with poison and YH is expert in that department... by doing that he will drag her along in the hell even if its mean living hell for YH cause So will tortured her in so many way even he can't kill her..

I WISH THIS HAPPEN!!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, antiherofans said:

What have we done to our family :sweatingbullets: ????

We commit sins and treason. lol only SHR can do this :sweatingbullets:

57 minutes ago, iloveknovela said:

Exactly!!! 

They could have used their LOVE to their advantage but unfortunately they are good at tearing each other apart.  Although, I am frustrated with their roller coaster relationship, I am still giving them time to grow.  It really takes time to build a solid foundation within a relationship that could withstand every storm that comes their way.  Sometimes they need to discover their strengths/limitations for the sake of the ones they love.  How far they could go before it became too much for them to handle.  They need to realize that they are stronger together than they are apart.  Strengthening one another is what they need the most.

Let me add also:

When relationships break down, the tendency is to walk away and find someone new rather than work at reconciliation.  This is what HS will possibly try to do.  Should I be in her shoes, I will redeem the time and spend it with him knowing that I am living in a borrowed time.  I'd rather endure the heartache close to him than apart from him.  This way, their parting later on (when she dies or back to the future) will leave no regrets because they've done everything they could for each other.  At least the person who be left behind will have good memories to live on and endure the loneliness of her absence also.  I speak by experience here because I've been there done it with my late hubby.  This is why I can't help but be concerned with our OTP.  I desperately want them to work with each other and not against each other.

There are some things in our lives that need to be broken: pride, self-will, stubbornness, and unhealthy habits, etc. that prevents growth.  They should learn to say SORRY and avoid pointing fingers on who is right or wrong.  Because in a relationship, there is no you and me but US.  It takes two to tango, we used to say.  But I just couldn't figure out how this OTP will resolve their issues.  Gives me headache. :D  I just hope writer-nim has something in store to make us a little bit happy.  Sort of a parting gift, since we will surely miss them once this drama ends. *** praying ****

BTW, I can't help but smile reading wives here who watch with their husbands and tolerate them for their addiction to this drama.    I've done it myself too, maybe worst. :D  I remember, I would tell him this and that (like a typical fangirl) and how I like this actor and everything about him and he would say:  Are you sure you're not in love with that guy?  Being a typical playful, I would teasingly say:  Don't worry hon, I love him but you're the one that I'm in love with!  He can't win over you!  And we just laughs!  Oh my, I suddenly missed my very best friend!  He would certainly love watching this drama with lots of opinion.  I have no one to share my craziness anymore.  Sorry, out of topic...  

Agree!! that regret thingy :tears: I hope writer-nim  hear our prayer :(

• Like 8

hey guys been lurking since episode 1 and saw many of you are depressed after episode 18. maybe you guys should try watching the drama fated to love you with jang hyuk. Its really good romcom in first 10 episodes and would help lighten your hearts.

• Like 8

Hi. I am curious over something. Our beloved MLSHR reached 2 billions view count on Youku by episode 18. I read somewhere that Uncontrollably Fond reached the same figure by episode 16, however, when I googled, there's an article mentioning that the view count on Youku for UF was 1.5 billion by episode 16. Idk, seems unlikely that the view count could jump a billion within 2 episodes. Appreciate if any kind soul (who could read chinese of course) here could enlighten me on this. Also, there's a claim that this drama not really picking a buzz on weibo as DOTS and YFAS did. How true is that? Since I thought that MLSHR is pretty popular in China. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, siobhanne said:

Why WS wants to be king: as he himself said it's not just to protect his bothers and HS or just a mistaken belief that then he will be the one with the freedom of choice. It's because he wants to change Goryeo, that's why his first act was about righting the wrongs created during the building of the new palace. It's actually a bit comforting that that's the case, because he fails in the protecting objective, but is a good ruler.

Why HS doesn't marry WS: if he can't consolidate his power as king and keep the throne he is dead. He doesn't have enough financial and military power by himself. Even if he abdicates and somehow survives that, the position of ex-king is the most dangerous one. They both understand this. I thought the scene where he proposes despite knowing all of this was very beautiful; and also how he tries to shield HS from this information, because just by telling her about it he would be cornering her into giving up marriage, but instead she is allowed to decide without his pressuring.

Why HS decides to leave the palace: I think it's not that she doesn't understand the reasons for CR's punishment or that she doesn't forgive WS. She had two reasons to stay in the palace: to guide WS to be a gentler king and because she hoped for her own happy ending with WS. During the events of episode 18 she realizes that both of these are hopeless causes. I think she sees a parallel between CR and herself and is afraid that instead of influencing WS to be gentler (she seems to have no influence in that regard) she would instead be forced to share in some of the bloodshed. So she doesn't have enough reasons to stay after episode 18. Moreover their relationship is not that of equals any longer, she calls him his majesty also in private. And I think another issue with their relationship is that WS hasn't had unconditional love from his parents (the mother's love is what he himself seems to most miss), and he wants that from HS, which is why he can't accept that HS will criticize his treatment of Jung. Because it's something that a parent will accept, but it's not something a lover should accept. I think him rejecting HS's touch on the cheek might be also because his mother's touch was there and he didn't want to write it over with HS's touch. He wants the love of a mother, the love of a woman is not enough.

CR messed up their relationship by poisoning Mu, not by the spying allegations later. If Mu could've been a strong king, HS and WS could've been together, all the other king candidates don't leave space for their relationship. Also it was correct in him to not tell HS about it, because if it couldn't be avoided that she needed to be publicly punished, then it's cruel to put HS in a spot where she would either go along with it or try to fruitlessly keep it from happening. 

I think WW and WS are quite similar in their interactions with HS. Initially WS didn't have anyone else to protect, so he could afford to risk himself for HS. But as soon as he has stuff he needs to protect, HS will need to sacrifice, starting with his first marriage. I really liked that both of the relationships failed in a similar way. With just one you can say it's WW, he's not good enough. But with both of them the message is more that it's the circumstances, not the person, why she can't have love.

I would be surprised to if WS doesn't already know that YH was complicit in the poisoning incident. He knows that YH stepped forward to drink the poison and that made the incident public and he knows that WW was protecting someone.

The scenes how WS became king were really cool. WY told HS to choose the king. And then he prepares a blank decree and tries to press it and a brush into HS's hands. I don't think she understand's his intent, but she nonetheless chooses WS as the king, so in the end WS got the throne rightfully. It's a nice play on fate and predeterminism.

Anyway. I really like the series and all the characters except for perhaps the 9th prince, since we haven't been told about his story. The cinematography is gorgeous, I like the modern soundtrack. The combination of political intrigue, philosophy and romance is to my tastes. It's not cheesy, and really sticks in my brain. And Lee Joon-Gi's portrayal makes me understand and cherish his complex character. And yet I hope there will be some form of happy ending, I don't want to cry.

Welcome to the thread and love all your observations!! I've highlighted everything I was nodding along to. I'm pretty much on board what you've said. Although I do think what you've said about HS leaving WS really makes sense. She tells Jimong she has only endured because she thinks that there's a happy ending for her and WS. Jimong tells her that she's not a match for the King and tells her that WS' life is in danger if WS marries her. Our girl has seen 3 kings die. YH tells HS the exact same thing, about how WS has been shielding HS from the larger dangers in her life. With both those options off the table: a happy ending, WS' safety, Hae Su has no reason to stay. She can't marry Wang So, she can't protect Wang So, and WS wants that unconditional love from her that's far above what any reasonable person can give. She's already given him her heart, her body, and the chance to be king. I don't know what's left of Hae Su to give anymore. With Chae Ryung's death, revealing the deepest betrayal in her life, I absolutely get why Hae Su decides to leave the palace. There's nothing there for her anymore. 

• Like 17