[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Hi buddies.

After a year i'm here again for this drama. like all Jungi lovers, i'm eagerly waiting for this drama and this will kill me. i remember i had this feeling a year ago for drama Scholar Who Walks The Night. Jungi looks sooo charming and attractive and i'm sure he did a great job in this drama too. looking forward to August

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Glamour90 said:

Hi buddies.

After a year i'm here again for this drama. like all Jungi lovers, i'm eagerly waiting for this drama and this will kill me. i remember i had this feeling a year ago for drama Scholar Who Walks The Night. Jungi looks sooo charming and attractive and i'm sure he did a great job in this drama too. looking forward for August

Welcome back. . We are all waiting for August.. (with varying degress of patience) for all these wonderful projects Joon has made. Hope you drop into LJG's thread too

• Like 5

Ok. this one I just can't pass up. Such an incredible cast: Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Heul, Hong Jong Hyun! Most of them are very promising rising stars! And it also looks like this show won't be low on budget so please PD-nim Writer-nim make it good! I wish good luck to all the cast and crew. Can't wait for the premier day.

So count me in for this one chingus!;):)

@Mau_Cherry, hello, again, chingu! Nice to see you here as well. Our love for Lee Joon Gi is mutual. Another thing we have in common.:D Damn, this man is made for sageuk dramas he is SO good in this genre especially. 

But I won't have my hopes up about his character. I never was able to finish off Scarlet Palace and i haven't read the manga (And don't intend to do it now since I don't want to spoil myself with the possible spoilers) but I have a feeling it won't end well for the 4th prince in K-version as well. But who knows...

As long as this show: the plot, the acting (which I don't doubt would be great!) the camera work, the battle scenes and everything else would be as gorgeous as it was shown in the trailer I will take even a tragic ending. Just make it epic, heroic and extremely emoitional.  

OMG, I can't believe I've (such a huge happy ending lover) said it. 

• Like 5

On 24.06.2016 at 5:33 PM, MoOnLoVeRz said:

Scarlet Heart: Ryeo drama synopsis! :wink:  

FstLfXN.jpg

Wait what? I don't understand so the modern day Hajin will be played by some other actress? Because the modern day Hajin is 34 years old and after the time slip she will wake up as a 16 years old?:sweatingbullets: I am confused. Can someone clear this up? Two actresses to play Hajin? 'Cause the age gap is quite big. I don't remember somethig like that in the Chinese vers.:(

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Ok. this one I just can't pass up. Such an incredible cast: Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Heul, Hong Jong Hyun! Most of them are very promising rising stars! And it also looks like this show won't be low on budget so please PD-nim Writer-nim make it good! I wish good luck to all the cast and crew. Can't wait for the premier day.

So count me in for this one chingus!;):)

@Mau_Cherry, hello, again, chingu! Nice to see you here as well. Our love for Lee Joon Gi is mutual. Another thing we have in common.:D Damn, this man is made for sageuk dramas he is SO good in this genre especially. 

But I won't have my hopes up about his character. I never was able to finish off Scarlet Palace and i haven't read the manga (And don't intend to do it now since I don't want to spoil myself with the possible spoilers) but I have a feeling it won't end well for the 4th prince in K-version as well. But who knows...

As long as this show: the plot, the acting (which I don't doubt would be great!) the camera work, the battle scenes and everything else would be as gorgeous as it was shown in the trailer I will take even a tragic ending. Just make it epic, heroic and extremely emoitional.  

OMG, I can't believe I've (such a huge happy ending lover) said it. 

Your last Scentence - yes - make my Day - same here as you know - I need happy Ends - and I actually know the original End (CDrama not Book). But don´t worrie - I will never spoil if not asked for.

Actually I love Historic Fantasy - because in the real Fantasy the ending is often not so happy. I still remember one Drama I could not even watch because I knew the Ending (historical) and I loved the Actor. No - that could ruin such a long time for me.

But my Heart is kinda prepared (haha - I can say that now!) for what will come.

Yes - he is wonderful in those Roles (just to say it I love him the most when he wairs the Hair not hidden) but he is perfect in every Role. How he killed my Heart in Two Weeks. But he once said he love to play those Roles in Acients Times because it is a Time he can never really life in. Something like that - I must search to find the real statement.

He is back - he is back - that is enough for me...

I watch the TRailer now daily - it becomes routine - and it still moves me a lot. (FAn Mode on... I sooo love his Voice... - Fan Mode off) I hope later we will have great recappers here - because this - I have to watch on Air! I´m pretty sure I have to buy a lot of tissus - and I need to send my Kids away in that time - otherwise my Daughter will fall for him too ;D

She just saw a Pic on my Screen and was like - this Man look great Mum... my Daughter is 9 :)

Ah - I´m really happy to see you here too - chingu!

Great to see all those familiar names more and more - really good to be back here.

And I will try to be activ when the Drama starts.

I´m confident - this will be soooooooo great!

27 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Wait what? I don't understand so the modern day Hajin will be played by some other actress? Because the modern day Hajin is 34 years old and after the time slip she will wake up as a 16 years old?:sweatingbullets: I am confused. Can someone clear this up? Two actresses to play Hajin? 'Cause the age gap is quite big. I don't remember somethig like that in the Chinese vers.:(

Not sure how they will made it in the KDRama - but in the CDrama she looked different. I remember that. You can say - not her Boday travelled through the time - only her soul.

• Like 5

@Gabi Bros, I'm so confused on the historic facts. Need time to understand all the relations so please be patient with me.
So  Wangso is actually married by the time he meets Hajin? Or will he marry Hwangbo Yeonhwa later on in the plot? Or it is the historic facts and it's still unknown it the plot will follow the history step by step?
And wasn't Hwangbo Yeonhwa Wangso's half sister or something?
I'm starting to feel somewhat depressed with all the complications. T___T

On 25.06.2016 at 6:25 AM, minmar said:

It means that this is seen as a MAJOR project. BIG BIG BIG! and they are looking  to get a return on their investment. So in a way the drama will be a teaser for the movie. (see longer answer on other thread)

Hi, could you please give the link to the thread you've mentioned?

Also it's good to know they are planning to film the spin-off movie nd the drama is a warm up for it. I hope the cast for the movie is the same as for the show. Maybe there's a hope for changing the ending to the *happy* one it that case. lol

@Mau_Cherry, oh really? I don't remember that. Was there also such a big age gap? 

Uh, time travel dramas are wild cards. You never know how the show will twist and turn and what would become with the OTP. Maybe they could meet again in the modern day and start their story from the new leaf...:wub:

Yup, hope to meet up with you more in this thread when the airing starts.:)

I'm full of contradictory feelings now geedy with excitement and full of dread about the tears to come. But also ready to take it all at the same time. Hope my heart won't be broken beyond repair when the dust settles.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, juju84 said:

@Gabi Bros, I'm so confused on the historic facts. Need time to understand all the relations so please be patient with me.
So  Wangso is actually married by the time he meets Hajin? Or will he marry Hwangbo Yeonhwa later on in the plot? Or it is the historic facts and it's still unknown it the plot will follow the history step by step?
And wasn't Hwangbo Yeonhwa Wangso's half sister or something?
I'm starting to feel somewhat depressed with all the complications. T___T

Hi, could you please give the link to the thread you've mentioned?

Also it's good to know they are planning to film the spin-off movie nd the drama is a warm up for it. I hope the cast for the movie is the same as for the show. Maybe there's a hope for changing the ending to the *happy* one it that case. lol

@Mau_Cherry, oh really? I don't remember that. Was there also such a big age gap? 

Uh, time travel dramas are wild cards. You never know how the show will twist and turn and what would become with the OTP. Maybe they could meet again in the modern day and start their story from the new leaf...:wub:

Yup, hope to meet up with you more in this thread when the airing starts.:)

I'm full of contradictory feelings now geedy with excitement and full of dread about the tears to come. But also ready to take it all at the same time. Hope my heart won't be broken beyond repair when the dust settles.

I will try to answer you - but there is no guarentee - but

She was 25 in the Present and then her Spirit traveled through time..

The Woman she became was prepared to get to a Maiden Selection to the Palace - I believe those Woman where quite young - so maybe really 16 years old or a bit older. But - i guess there was a age gab too. When I remember it right - the Person she became her than was still acting like a child - wild and hard to handle - bevore she became her - she suddlenly matured a lot... but actually she acts still very childish from time to time.

I hope that could help.

In my opinion we have a very wild Card here - because following the Original Story will not neccesarely (i know wrong - I hate it to know what I want to write- but forgot how) mean that it will be exactly the same. So they can still surprise us. But I believe the importend fact will stay...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I will try to answer you - but there is no guarentee - but

She was 25 in the Present and then her Spirit traveled through time..

The Woman she became was prepared to get to a Maiden Selection to the Palace - I believe those Woman where quite young - so maybe really 16 years old or a bit older. But - i guess there was a age gab too. When I remember it right - the Person she became her than was still acting like a child - wild and hard to handle - bevore she became her - she suddlenly matured a lot... but actually she acts still very childish from time to time.

I hope that could help.

In my opinion we have a very wild Card here - because following the Original Story will not neccesarely (i know wrong - I hate it to know what I want to right - but forgot how) that is will be exactly the same. So they can still surprise us. But I believe the importend fact will stay...

Ahh, thank you Mau. I think you are right about that main part remaining but still hope it's not. Lol you know by now, the ever hopeful me. ;) 

Btw I just realized that i was initially mistaking the original dramas. i thought it was a remake of Scarlet Palace (another Chinese show with time travel plot and lots of crown princes) that show was very long about 2 seasons but it is not the case. Just realized that it's the remake of Scarlet Heart. And i know the plot and i cry. T___T

I hope the wirter will change K-version a bit. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Ahh, thank you Mau. I think you are right about that main part remaining but still hope it's not. Lol you know by now, the ever hopeful me. ;) 

Btw I just realized that i was initially mistaking the original dramas. i thought it was a remake of Scarlet Palace (another Chinese show with time travel plot and lots of crown princes) that show was very long about 2 seasons but it is not the case. Just realized that it's the remake of Scarlet Heart. And i know the plot and i cry. T___T

I hope the wirter will change K-version a bit. 

I just never had watched the second Session - there is Scarlet Heart 2.

Yes - we will cry a lot - and we will still love it.

• Like 2

@juju84  @Glamour90   @Mau_Cherry  @car148

Hiiii!! Welcome to the thread! :) If it is not the first time of all of you sorry, but hi anyways. :sweatingbullets:

@juju84 Ha Jin is played by IU also. In the chinese version Xiang Xiao was the modern day girl and Ruoxi the girl from the past. So Xiang Xiao (25), Ha Jin (34), while Ruoxi (16) and Hae Soo (16). I really hope this to be an error and Ha Jin to be 24 or 25 because I dont get the point of making the character older when it will still going to act inmature at the beginning of the story.  Yeah, I know that physicial age doesnt equal mental age, but is a bit disturbing for me.

To be honest, in Bubujinxin time passed and the characters aged a lot while the actors had the same face which made the situation a bit awkward for me that wasnt used to this kind of stories in dramas.Its like the same feeling I had when almost 30 years old actors played as highschoolers, we know there is something wrong. But I understand that finding 2 to 3 generations of actors playing the same roles with similar features as the previews ones will be almost as imposible to characterize, or manipulate digitally all the actors from the leads to really minor supporting ones to look older, and then way more older and still look believable. 

This pic was posted by IU in her fancafe and fans think that Ha Jin will look like this in the show.

About the question of the history facts...yeah, based on them we supposed that Wang So is married with his half sister. I think that this was made for maintaining power or something like that. Situations that were a NO NO for modern people, were okay for the people of their time, lets remember they are from the early 900s. Also the princes having more than one wife and concubines were pretty normal, 2 sisters married to the same man was considered okay. So, lets watch this with open mind or the mindset of the time haha. :sweatingbullets:Yeah, I am 99% sure they had sex with the women they dont love (wasnt shown) and some had children, but the relationship with those women were imperceptible to the audience. Its like if they dont said "The wife of --th prince came" I would have never know he had one. :huh: 4th wife was really irrelevant in Bubujinxin, a really minor supporting character while the women of 8th prince (1st wife and Ruolan which was Ruoxi's sister) had quite significant roles. I think that in Scarlet Heart Ryeo, the minor role will be for the 8th prince wife and 4th prince wife will get more relevance. The wife of 4th prince in SHR trailer gave me the feeling of 8th first wife in Bubujinxin.

• Like 7

Idk where i'm going with this comment but here are my thoughts. I honestly do not get the people who decided to not watch the drama just because iu is the female lead. I get that we all have different preferences BUT deciding to miss on such a promising drama with a great cast and good story line is just kinda not umm, logical (?). If it's about her acting, I think she's decent. I only saw her in dream high 1 and pretty man tho. I think she did well in dream high. Pretty man was not a very good drama to begin with but even with that she wasn't as horrible as they make her to be. 

• Like 4

Is weird that the old name MOON LOVERS is put there in big and in small is Scarlet Heart Ryeo. I thought that they were going to take their pictures for the poster on July 4th not that it will be released at 8 am of July 4th. Is currently 8:25 am in South Korea. I am the only one that thinks that the hands of 10th prince and 3rd prince look so small there?

EDIT: So is official from the facebook page that has changed their name, translated the name will be: MOON LOVERS - Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

These ones are teaser posters and the last ones may be seen during the week I think. Sorry, I thought it was the end product. Honestly, I would have liked better them to stick only to Scarlet Heart Ryeo but I think they loved the name MOON LOVERS so much :lol: and they cant get rid of the Scarlet Heart part so people can identify it as the adaptation. 

• Like 5

So that is really the official poster because I saw Joon Gi posted it on his instagram. It's a bit disappointing that they changed the title to Moon Lovers - Scarlet Heart:Ryeo. Can't they just use the direct chinese translation of the title which is "Startling With Each Step" which I think sound more melancholy and suits the theme of the drama.

I have watched the C-version of the drama. Not bad at all. The production is pretty lavish especially with the costume. But I am not really sold by the story due to chinese actors just not being my cup of tea. Maybe Korean actors are simply my bias for I always think that they are good looking and have better acting skills and therefore I am looking forward to the K-version of this drama.

I don't think they will necessarily follow closely to the novel. Of course the C-drama remains true to the novel except for the ending because the setting is the same which is based on Chinese History. The K-version will likely take the essence of the novel and incorporate it in the Korean history settings so I do anticipate some good surprises. Plus Korean are really good at manufacturing love story, so I have faith in the storyline.

I have not much concern over IU's acting ability but what concerns me is her chemistry with Lee Joon Gi. SH is a love story in general so great chemistry is very much expected to elevate the whole viewing experience and so that the love story can really resonate to the audiences. Joon Gi is an intense and charismatic actor and it's very difficult to find an actress that can match his on-screen persona. Given that this is a pre-produced drama, I hope and trust that IU can deliver.

Regarding the happy ending, I would say I am in the minority. I prefer they stick to the sad ending because that is what the love story is all about. The love between Haesoo and 4th Prince suppose to mean bigger than a happy ending. And here I quoted "True love doesn't necessarily need a happy ending because true love never ends". So even in death, their love is supposed to live forever. Let's put it this way, Titanic wouldn't be that big blockbuster if Jack and Rose had their happy ending and Winter Sonata won't have been such a big Hallyu hit if not because of the tragic love story. So I am all about the tear-jerkers.

I pray that this drama will be a critically acclaimed one and a rating success, perhaps even bigger than Descendants of The Sun which in my opinion is overrated. It has all the recipe for success : outstanding casts (Lee Joon Gi :heart:), massive budget, pre-production, great PD and solid storyline. And the end of the day, Joon Gi is my bias and I am always praying for his success and I hope this drama will catapult him back in the frontline of top Hallyu stars as during his King and The Clown's heydays.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cherry48 said:

Idk where i'm going with this comment but here are my thoughts. I honestly do not get the people who decided to not watch the drama just because iu is the female lead. I get that we all have different preferences BUT deciding to miss on such a promising drama with a great cast and good story line is just kinda not umm, logical (?). If it's about her acting, I think she's decent. I only saw her in dream high 1 and pretty man tho. I think she did well in dream high. Pretty man was not a very good drama to begin with but even with that she wasn't as horrible as they make her to be. 

I think it also boils down to how well an actor/ actress can connect emotionally with the said people. Sometimes an audience switches off from a show because he or she feels emotionally estranged with one or some of the cast (maybe due to their acting, or maybe because of parts of their own identities that they bring into their interpretation of the characters etc.), and even an element which does not feel right may make the whole watching experience not worthwhile for them. For example, there was a really great show in 2012: the majority of the cast, the plot, the cinematography were all spot on, except for the female lead. Much as I love the male lead and the show, I couldn't bring myself to watch the last 3 episodes and had to quit because watching him and the female lead's interactions on screen was so painful, I felt so much from his side but none from her, and her limited, sour facial expressions from the beginning till the end of the show irritated me to no end. I skimmed a few of her recent projects and saw that she had improved, but she ruined that particular show for me when she was in it, and I avoided any shows with her for a couple of years following the conclusion of that show.

Having said that, I'm not saying that IU is bad in the acting department. Perhaps it's just that she hasn't quite cut it for some people, but I'm sure if she improves and matures in the future, many will come back and, seeing how well they can connect to her more seasoned acting, they will support her in other shows. 

• Like 5