[OFFICIAL] Kwak Si Yang & Kim So Yeon

KalyanaV

I have being busy lurking but honestly, I am upset with this. All the things he said goes against the lovey dovey image he presented past few months. If is just work, is acting right?

I am not a hater I have being following and supporting since the begin, so I have no intention to upset anyone, but I felt unhappy reading that. The way he responded, probally will make people think he is really a player and since is not real no point shipping them anymore.

:bawling: Was really hoping to see so yeon happy married with someone she loves soon, she deserves all. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, jl08 said:

Actually, my heart sank at Kwak Si Yang's answers. Lol.....He avoided So Yeon's name and he picked Oh My Ghostess over WGM. Plus he said WGM was fun but work. OUCH.

Is the real Si Yang showing? :)

I hope So Yeon does not get hurt by falling in love with him....because he does try to send signals which might have misled her...and berries too?

Ok, don't get upset. It's just my opinion and feelings after seeing his interview answers here. It reminded me of the script left in his bag by his female co-star when he avoided the answer. Logically, So Yeon deserves a mention as she is his wife in WGM and no one will fault him if he chose her right?

So Yeon is too nice. 

Personally I think Siyang gave safest answer to avoid bashing frm antis. Remember when he said he met soyeon for meal outside wgm filming, him being called to make public stunt by antis

• Like 8

@Aina Aziz

I think Si Yang is being honest with his replies. Those are his real feelings because he dislikes lying. It's one thing to avoid antis but another to give the impression of being a player. He has totally disappointed me with his answers but if that's how he feels, it's his right. It may not sit well with shippers but.....that's his feelings. WGM is work after all. 

Ok. Life goes on. :)

• Like 9

Hmmm. When he chose himself over the two actresses he worked with and currently working with, i guess he is just being respectful to them by not choosing one over the other. 

When asked about to choose between Oh My Ghost and WGM i saw how he thought quite long before answering meaning it was hard for him to choose. Anyway I am just glad he chose the following:  latte, long hair, older. And I like it when he answered if it can be mixed being pure and sexy. It is like having someone specific in mind.

All in all, I have nothing against on any of his answers nor feel any disappointment towards him. It is just a fun fast interview. My appreciation for them whether them being just friends or something else is still the same. Besides, i like them even before WGM as individual actor and actress.:D

• Like 10

Honestly, I probably wouldn't hold it against him for choosing Oh My Ghostess over WGM. While WGM has probably pushed him more into the spotlight, I can see how he would choose Oh My Ghostess over it. I mean, Oh My Ghostess was probably the first thing that allowed for people to notice him. Sure, he had some projects before that, but Night Flight was in indie film, so I don't really think it brought really big buzz for anyone. His next project, Glorious Day, in which he was a minor yet important character, got episodes cut and wasn't really doing well in the ratings. Perseverance Goo Hae Ra, where he was finally a main lead, was on cable, on Mnet more specifically, and really wasn't watched by that many. It was when he did Oh My Ghostess that he was able to catch some peoples' eye, probably due to the starpower of Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Seok, but hey, we have them to thank haha.

Actually, if we think about it that way, if it weren't for Oh My Ghostess who knows, Si Yang may have not had a chance to start on WGM because he would've been a virtual nobody. But through Oh My Ghostess he was then able to land the lead role in a KBS daily drama and then maybe MBC thought that he was going to start becoming a hot topic and interviewed him to see if he could match with someone for WGM and thus put him on.

So I wouldn't be too upset with him choosing Oh My Ghostess. For me, it only makes sense. And he was hesitating for a while wondering which one he should choose. He's most likely grateful towards both programs and he just chose the one that kind of essentially started it all for him.

• Like 17

Those were unfair questions.  He shouldn't have to choose.  Or hurt/exclude anyone.  His answers showed a lot of thought.

I understand why he chose Oh My Ghostess.  In the same way, So Yeon will be eternally grateful for Iris for her comeback and Prosecutor Princess for getting her out from being typecasted again (first as the villain after All About Eve, then as the action star after Iris).

Berries, love and marriage are complicated in real life.  One can like, even love, someone but not end up getting married because the timing is all wrong.  Or family concerns.  Or career.  That's why all we can do is support both of them whether together or individually, because they have indeed brought a lot of joy into our lives through their WGM stint.

I still "predict" So Yeon will get married in the next 2 years, whether it's Siyang or not (sigh ... sigh ... double sigh).  WGM has opened up her heart to love.  If Siyang is not careful, someone else will swoop in ... :-(  I will be happy whoever she chooses :-)

• Like 10

50 minutes ago, thesuitelife547 said:

Honestly, I probably wouldn't hold it against him for choosing Oh My Ghostess over WGM. While WGM has probably pushed him more into the spotlight, I can see how he would choose Oh My Ghostess over it. I mean, Oh My Ghostess was probably the first thing that allowed for people to notice him. Sure, he had some projects before that, but Night Flight was in indie film, so I don't really think it brought really big buzz for anyone. His next project, Glorious Day, in which he was a minor yet important character, got episodes cut and wasn't really doing well in the ratings. Perseverance Goo Hae Ra, where he was finally a main lead, was on cable, on Mnet more specifically, and really wasn't watched by that many. It was when he did Oh My Ghostess that he was able to catch some peoples' eye, probably due to the starpower of Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Seok, but hey, we have them to thank haha.

Actually, if we think about it that way, if it weren't for Oh My Ghostess who knows, Si Yang may have not had a chance to start on WGM because he would've been a virtual nobody. But through Oh My Ghostess he was then able to land the lead role in a KBS daily drama and then maybe MBC thought that he was going to start becoming a hot topic and interviewed him to see if he could match with someone for WGM and thus put him on.

So I wouldn't be too upset with him choosing Oh My Ghostess. For me, it only makes sense. And he was hesitating for a while wondering which one he should choose. He's most likely grateful towards both programs and he just chose the one that kind of essentially started it all for him.

Totally agree. If I were him I would also choose OMG coz it was a jump start people in mainstream recognized him and open doors to more opportunity ..tho noted it was a very diffct Q  for him coz it took longer time for him to answer

1 hour ago, jl08 said:

@Aina Aziz

I think Si Yang is being honest with his replies. Those are his real feelings because he dislikes lying. It's one thing to avoid antis but another to give the impression of being a player. He has totally disappointed me with his answers but if that's how he feels, it's his right. It may not sit well with shippers but.....that's his feelings. WGM is work after all. 

Ok. Life goes on. :)

It's ok . I feel you. :)

• Like 7

We did not supposed  put too much hope in shipping... specially WGM couple because as I said we have to prepare to be heart broken. 

I think Si Yang give almost similar answer and reaction with other participants in WGM once they being place in an interview where they have to choose in between this and that. 

I admitted that I'm slightly hurts when the couple I'm shipping give disappointed answer or too diplomatic answer. But what can I do? I have no choice, I have to except it. And train my self to be more open with any possibility. Because anything can happen, and most of the time we choose what we want to believe. 

This kind of interviews will be comes along the way, even after they left the show... 

Well... if they really just close as friend, as co-worker than I'm very thankful for all their effort in making they time in WGM look so real like married couple. And no matter what i'll be supportive. 

And I will thank them because they give new friends, new sisters and brothers. They give NE family. 

Oke... counting to the time for Si Yang Birthday surprise.  

My heart beat so fast... feel a bit worrier with the cooking... but also excited in how So Yeon will gather all the guests for the surprise party :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 6

thank you my dear berry  @thesuitelife547 for your translations..

but why I feel sad with his answers..:tears: this is really a wake up call for me...back to reality world..i do hope they become real couple n get married..

whatever decision they choose..I'll support both of them sincerely.. but why I feel like...So Yeon will be hurting more :tears:                    

• Like 5

Morning berries! 

Woke up with 2 new pages but I'm really surprised at everyone's concern over his reply.

Why it seems but I find the video fun to watch.

Those who are shipping for them to be really together I would say take it easy and life goes on. I used to be crazy for other couples but now I've learnt my lesson.

Though siso couple has been the one making my life excited every week but I'm still keeping neutral about everything. 

Can't wait for the new episodes in few hours time! I wanna know the behind story of the scarf haha

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, thesuitelife547 said:Honestly, I probably wouldn't hold it against him for choosing Oh My Ghostess over WGM. While WGM has probably pushed him more into the spotlight, I can see how he would choose Oh My Ghostess over it. I mean, Oh My Ghostess was probably the first thing that allowed for people to notice him. Sure, he had some projects before that, but Night Flight was in indie film, so I don't really think it brought really big buzz for anyone. His next project, Glorious Day, in which he was a minor yet important character, got episodes cut and wasn't really doing well in the ratings. Perseverance Goo Hae Ra, where he was finally a main lead, was on cable, on Mnet more specifically, and really wasn't watched by that many. It was when he did Oh My Ghostess that he was able to catch some peoples' eye, probably due to the starpower of Park Bo Young and Jo Jung Seok, but hey, we have them to thank haha.

@thesuitelife547 Thank you so much for all the translations.. You really are giving us a clearer view about Kwak Si Yang and what we should be aware of in this shipping game. It's a gem to have you in this thread.

He chose himself over Soyeon and Yon young (hope the spelling is correct), is a clever answer. He can't answer One of them, because it's his responsibility to promote both. At this time of interview, his daily drama is still on air, the same with wgm. I am actually starting watching his daily, up until ep 20 now, and I can say that I quite enjoy it, no teeth-gritting so far.

Just for info, Oh Min Suk of Ohye cp was asked the same question during his drama conference, he chose his co-star instead of Yewon. And received so many critics to answer it un-wisely. I can imagine if Siyang chose So Yeon as what we expected him to answer, just for the sake of being 'honest' how much more critics will he get.. Not to mention his production team might be upset over his answer. Sometimes we can be honest without being too blunt, right? Oh. At this time of interview, the bashing has started to surface. But I don't think his answer is his way to be careful about the bashing of his past. It's just that this is the standard polite way to answer a 'trap' question in this industry. His agency of course has prepared him to answer some common trap questions like this. What matter is actually something unpredicted like what @larus mentioned here. Latte, chicken, long hair, older woman, innocent (but also sexy coz he wanted both traits), those are what overlapping with So yeon :) .

Now, when he chose OMG over WGM, he also thought a lot..in the end he chose OMG. At first I don't quite get it because OMG was over now, But upon reading @thesuitelife547 post, I can finally understand it. Yes it's OMG that brought him to spotlight, including open up his path to WGM with So Yeon. It's OMG that landed him to his daily drama and he received his Excellence award recognition from his act in his daily (which I am watching now and I might be bias coz I like him but I am not that bias to not be able to see the acting potential. And I should say he did act better, if not the best, in this drama, compare to other actor/actress. The only one in par in acting, is his co star yon young. I can see why both of them are the leads).

Another reason That I can think of why OMG, is, this interview was done after he finished shooting for his daily drama (but the drama is still on air). He was set by his agency to have many interviews within 2 weeks time (I read it somewhere about it), one of the reason is for him to get more exposure, hence, attract another offer for movie/drama roles soon. He probably has in mind what type of movie/drama that he'd like to get, and OMG is one of the kinds of drama that he'd like to do. It has a lot of comedy and some horror, well, actually it's not scary at all. He also took time to think which one he prefers: comedy or horror, then he chose comedy, right?  OMG received  good ratings good reviews, and put him in spotlight.

I know this is not a satisfying answer, he could have said that he likes them both in a different way. But well, we know he's not having enough experience yet in facing those kind of trap questions. Let's just forgive him and get ready to see the sweetness overload in the form of Kwak Siyang and Kim So Yeon coming to our screen this evening. 

Regarding Siso current status of relationship, is it real or stay reel as of this moment, after so many hints that overjoy shipper. My opinion is they both like each other a lot and the affection keeps growing, and both think of the possibility to make it real. But they have not make it official yet, like officially dating, you are officially my gf or bf. There's no way to explain their natural gestures towards each other, such as intertwining fingers naturally, the warm tight backhug, the wide laugh and smiles in Siyang's face toward So yeon's cutesy, the private outside wgm dinner with just the two of them, and many more.. He is making some moves to So yeon, and Soyeon responses positively. But what is the outcome, is for them to venture. I will wait to see more of them together and individually, and I will respect whatever decision they made, it is their life and only them know better of want they want to do with their life.

@larus is right. The real test of their relationship is actually after wgm has ended. What would they do to each other without the help of wgm, is what will define how far their relationship can progress in real life. For now, I still see the possibility of them to date outside wgm (or in the process to date each other). But no up to the serious/marriage stage yet. Soyeon mentioned in her Nov magazine interview, that she doesn't put much thought on marriage yet. And they both agreed on Cosmo interview that they keepmtheir dating life private/won't go public). Soo....we probably won't hear the official dating news soon yet..because of those reason, plus their busy schedule especially So yeon. She's starting filming the weekend drama, right? With it being on MBC, Paul (one O one member together with Siyang) and Lee Sang Woo starred in Soyeon's drama Happy Home, I can be sure to see him visiting the filming site for wgm :) .

• Like 13

After read through berries analyse, frankly, i'm sad too but this is a Reality World, afterall, Siyang is a raising star & from the interview, we can see that he a responsible person devoted in his job & from earlier 2015 T.V interview, he mentioned he have not able to buy a house for his parent...As a only son, it naturally, become his responsibility to priority his parent first.

As for Soyeon, like what she say earlier, she know both will say goodbye to wgm, but she just want enjoy this moment.. Siyang also say she is a nice lady, before wgm, i don't even notice it..Soyeon is a tough lady who never give up, this point & her character won alot berries fans included me...i'm glad to know her more through wgm.

Either Siyang/Soyeon, this is part of their job & they have to overcome it after wgm ended..Of course, if they are together in future,it will be a bonus for us! On the other hands, we still give them our blessing if they find their individual happiness..

(* Once again, i'm appreciate Siso Couple bring me here to meet all their Nice & happy Berries FANS ")

Nevertheless, we just enjoy their happiness in today wgm, let Love Fate decide for them....Let's be happy & count down our de-stress time.....:blush:

• Like 10

Good day guys, 

hmmm i never thought. I would come to a thread that move so fast for the last hours when i was not here hahahahahaa... 

I am with a lot of you here.. I was not a bit disappointed with what siyang said in the quiz, i mean he got a lot of bashing from his past, he got a lot of haters being a rookie then paired up with a seasoned actress, he got bashed from having join a show when he was young, he wss bashed for being a publicity hungry guy and using soyeons name to be more known... And i think everyone is right he can not lie... So he chose not to answer and i think that is the most telling sign that soyeon knows him more now because he knows he is honest... I actually admire him for not choosing one over the other why beause then again he will be put in hot water and will put soyeon in a tight spotlight also especially when they will have the press conference for her new drama.  What i like most about this interview is the subtle hints that yes they are actually quite consistent and they are closer probably not to the point of being in a love relationship but i think more than friendship.. The subtle hints of wanting a girl with long hair, he prefers personality, he likes older person i think this just shows how much influence soyeon has with him and if you watch the interview the answer he gave is consistent with whst they want like summer, he prefers cola, soju... He actually only buckle when he was asked the last two question which i think was totally unfair because he knows he can't promote wgm all the time because he needs to have other projects and he is already so attach to the show that it will be difficult for him to get out of this mold and i totally understand he has to survive in this business and knowing him he will want to have his future wife to rest after they get married so he knows that he has to work hard now... 

• Okay for me the bottom line is whatever happens. I will support them both,.. I totally got hooked on both their honesty and sincerity and unless i saw other wise my shipper heart will always believe... I mean lets be honest whatever i want to happen might jot come true cause at the end of the day it will really be up to the two of them but what i want to emphasize is that. I am thankful for the two of them for bringing me here and meeting a lot of the berries and i know in my heart that along the way they might realize they are perfect for each other... So continue the LOVE... :heart::phew::wub::wub:
  • Like 11

I'm not giving much thought on SiYang not automatically choosing SoYeon over his All Is Well leading lady. It's showbiz and celebrities must always be polite, specially for a rising star like SiYang.

What I'm more worried about is what happens outside WGM between him and SoYeon.

Actually, now that I think of it, aside from the littlest stuff that happens on screen (reaction and body language, eyes etc. the subtleties) I put my stakes less on what they say. They are celebrities are conscious to what people say - something ingrained in them already after being under the spotlight all the time. To what extent has the limelight affected SoYeon for example? She just can't go out without going commando (cap at least and mask - she even says that during their night trip to the mart the day she and SiYang met on WGM) even just to hang out in a café to read is a feat of camouflage and stealth....

I can therefore understand SiYang's decision to choose himself and choose none between the 2 ladies.

Besides, if he's going to pursue SoYeon for real, he cannot lose his career to prepare for his and his future family's future - you know, all the daughters they're gonna have LOL ;)

• Like 11

Oh yeah couple has also experienced that 'crisis' interview when the husband was asked to choose one, he chose his drama partner and later on, his wife confronted him.

---

Honestly it hurts huhuhu 

But still, i prefer the painful truth no matter how hard it is to accept bec i have no other choice, i can not force things to happen just bec i want it so bad to happen.

This is where i should see the boundaries and avoid stepping outside of my own line. I shouldn't cross the other side and try to stay within my limit. But i find it hard bec with so much that's been seen, my lines became invisible and news like these, comments like yours, really hits me hard with an "i told u so" echo.

Yes wgm is wgm and it is WORK...if i look from ur own perspective of views, u are totally right in ur opinion of how he handled the questions and if we try to be consistent with shipping, leading his "clues" and connecting them to so yeon could be a little consoling.

So yeon is a veteran actress and what should we expect from her? A person that is in total in-character just in like in her other dramas right?

but what made it different for me was the fact that she said what we see in wgm is the real her and based on her friend's opinion, kim so yeon is not pretending/playing roles (cept that of being a wife) in wgm.

That, for me, is a fact that i was holding on to that finally i am able to peek inside of my favorite actress' personality without her "make-up" on and i am happy to have found her mannerisms and habits charming and beautiful.

---

Siyang had my hopes high that maybe he could be the one esp with all of what he has shown us, right? With all   gestures and smiles, cutsey expressions etc. And if so yeon (i thought/believed she was not acting) has really noticed him already, we can not blame her bec si yang has now proven that he is also A VERY GOOD actor. We as viewers fell for him right drom the first episode, what more of his wife when she's the one experiencing all those moves, right?

---

Friendship can not be denied bec it is impossible and would be very hard and very tiring to work like that (wgm) if one does not like the other.

And me, even before i joined u here, i was already too drawn inside their playing room but then again i dont mind whatever happens AFTER the show, and I mean AFTER the show. But, another BUT, if things shouldnt work out in mid way, it will break my heart, my happiness will be gone and of course dissapoinment and other negative feelings will surface BUT in the end ACCEPTANCE is the cure and the core if it UNDERSTANDING. 

---

This for me, is a test to us---berries and or so yeon's  fans to each individual's own maturity, personality, mental ability, emitional stability. Could it be possuble that some of us that were affected forgot to consider things and see it only on the way our hearts wanted us to see and do something that we used to hate in the past like spamming a person's page with hatefull comments and negativity or we still send incouraging words to that person as we still express support and love as a fan?

I think most of us berries are older than the other fandom like idol groups and younger gens right? But age doesnt guarantee maturity so we should help each other to grow for the better. I admit i was caught off guard with ur comments and i didnt want to watch the video anymore bec it was already distasteful but come to think of it, this is siyang's personal interview and spoken through his personal views and opinion and that was what we were wishing for, to know him more, for him to show us what he really is, right? And he gave us just that. 

Depends on our own interpretations and acceptance, on expectations, things might be different in sisso's wgm from now on right? And as much as we have this not sooo good feeling now, i hope that we will be abke to enjoy sisso's journey for a longer time.

Celebrity life might be hard to live with and celebrities, maybe, is living day by day with too much nervousness or cautiousness rather than enjoyment. I have to credit them for embracing and surviving in such an environment.

With those things being said, i hope i didnt bore u to death hehe

Fighting berries, remember i still beleive in ksy couple and again, i thank them for giving me a good show, it was good enough to make me want si yang to fall for  in real life.

....can i let my 'bitchy' side show, anyway im on my home now right...? I HOPE SIYANG'S WORDS TO BACKFIRE ON HIM AND MAKES HIM WANT WGM TO BE TRUE AND HIS OWN WELL MADE PLAN ON THINGS DRIVES HIM CRAZY FOR HIM TO REALIZE THE REASON WHY HE WANTED AND PLANED METICULOUSY IS BECAUSE she has already taken the space inside his ♥. 

• Like 11