Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Venusians, may I join this lovely thread? I've been lurking here since the drama started airing as I love this show and how it is done and the messages conveyed with it. Unfortunately real live just prevented me from being able to join the fun in here other than sneaking in here to get some impression of how all of you share the newest spoilers and your theories and love for this drama.

Although I'm curious about how today’s episode will play out with the aftermath of the accident I'm honestly not too worried about the uncomfortable times currently befalling out OTP. As much as I understand why some viewers may criticize this show for not having a certain level of drama and action we are all used to from normal KDramas I really like that the most. Whenever I see the episodes, I instantly feel like I understand what the writer is aiming for underneath all the fluff and light-hearted rom-com style we love so much. For me it feels like the writer aims to create a parody of how KDramas are usually constructed by taking the usual tropes - may it be makjang elements, non-communication between the characters or noble idiocy, time jumps - and subverting the usual outcome of these tropes by showing how mature characters (well at least the OTP) would try to deal with these situations if it would be a real life scenario by simply talking to each other, being there for each other, trusting and accepting the weaknesses, but also by showing that real humans have emotional and physical desires if they are in a relationship.

Therefore, I do not really worry about the possible separation between our leads, which is once again a typical trope. If the writer stays true to his/her established rules for how the story flows maturely our couple will handle this separation as one would handle it in real life if a couple is forced into a long-distance relationship due to work or other reasons. I expect the writer to go a similar route as with the separation and time-jump in Coffee Prince when the female lead went abroad for studying but the constantly stayed in touch and the male lead visiting her on regular basis. I don't see them not having any contact at all, but accepting that some separations - like for better health treatment -  have to be and can make a relationship even stronger if they both are willing to invest in making it work. And considering the fact that both of them are into each other like there is no tomorrow I don't doubt they will have the will and the energy to make it work even if they are separated.

For me the ideal scenario after seeing all your spoiler pics would be a separation without losing contact and noble idiocy and those pics showing JK with the pink scarf waiting for JE would be him returning earlier that she is expecting to surprise her and to remind her of the her last promise to him that she will be waiting with a pink ribbon to celebrate their long-awaited comfortable night. Pragmatic and caring as he is we changed their symbol of comfort and skinship with each other into a scarf considering the fact that e is most likely returning in winter 2015.

Well at least that is what I’m hoping for. But then again, I’m not a creative person so maybe I’m wrong and writernim is once again able to surprise me with the flow of the unfolding story and some unexpected twists. But I do believe no matter what twists those will be handled maturely by our couple. They are each other’s pillars and safety nets and both of them know that they are the best of themselves while being close to each other (as in emotional closeness and trust, even if they are physically separated).

I’m really looking forward to this week’s episodes. Bing it on…

Hello, hello. I caved in to the threads. Have been secretly following and reading posts because I'm a spoiler scavenger-- oops. I'm a OMV fan by default because I'm originally a SMA fan, I heart SJS, and well, Original Giordano for the win in general because they both exude amazing chemistry, professional dedication, and some of the most gripping acting abilities. :P

A bit about me: I live in the states. I'm a market researcher by day and writer by night. Interestingly enough, I had a bad ankle injury in 2010 that caused me to stay home for 6 months and alas, I got addicted to KDramas and my first drama taste was none other than SMA's My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. 

Thanks for having me, although, I'm late to the game!!!

I know this is just a OMV thread, but I just had to point out observations about some of the comments on SJS and SMA private lives (because who doesn't want them to hook up?!). 

1. Tried and True Acting + Chemistry Chops. SJS and SMA are both well-known introvert actors who use acting as their preferred mode of creative expression. They 'get' each other's personalities. You can see it in the scenes because actors who know how to use their eyes are the best in the business because it's the most emotional core of introverts (case in point: the crying scenes after the leg discovery, the gaze exchange during the Christmas party, and when KJE sprained her ankle at the Cinderella stairway-- extra crazy gazing). They also are seemingly private and low-key people who bring out nuances of their characters in each other. This is why their chemistry works. 

2. Oh My Venus Script. While OMV is a light-hearted project, both SMA and SJS have mostly done serious film projects because it's what they're typecast as and they're seasoned sunbaes (although Master's Sun and My Love, My Bride projects are some of their 'lighter' works). I'm still bummed SBS passed on SMA's "Will You Have Dinner With Me?" I think SJS would've still signed onto that and the writers are typically better (thought A Love to Kill was KBS and that was so tragically good). In the beginning I loathed the script, because I'll be honest here, it's a bit of a waste of their amazing chemistry and acting abilities. I know the writing could be better but the screenwriter is still an amateur (how he scored with this cast is beyond me) but because they're such great actors, they still swing it good. 

Mod edit - please follow the rules: 6. Do not engage in non-related/off-topic conversations

/endrant

Venusians, fighting!

Back to the drama, as much as i hate to see KYH hurt, i just love watching SJS in pain, he makes sad scene so beautiful, definitely a master in melo.

Mod edit - please follow the rules: 6. Do not engage in non-related/off-topic conversations

Guest xoxoprincessxoxo1000

@mathi OMG the fifty shades of grey video...yeah...the room suddenly got hot -fans myself-

if Korea ever makes a Fifty Shades Of Grade I nominate So Ji Sub to be Christian Grey!!!!! That man oozes sexiness....umph!!!!!!!

Removed. Paste issues (I'm a NOOB!)

10 hours ago, ireumimolla said:

Thanks for the OST, @plappi :)

Shin Min Ah's fans food/coffee truck!

mod edit: please do not quote images!

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/_1EXvITCgd/?taken-by=coffeewang38

Sorry to list the source separately. I still haven't figured out how to embed an instagram photo on here! If anyone can teach me how I'll be super grateful~:D

this is so great. this is my first time understanding the idea of a fan food truck. fans pay for the advertisements? how does it work? can we get a sjs and sma food truck? maybe sponsor a gym's cafe? :wub:

32 minutes ago, ladychan1984 said:

You're onto something :blush:. KBS won't release BTS AT ALL but even Giordano was so quick to show BTS of SMA and KWB on a CF, right? Hmmm.

something doesnt fit.. it makes me suspicious ..those bts... theyre hiding something delicious i know it :dissapointed_relieved:

9 hours ago, rain719 said:

just a coincidence - no insinuations, nothing......... probably they just have the same photographer

mod edit: please do not quote images!

cr: tks to whoever you are

Omo. Such a good find. This will help me dream better at night. #TeamSJS

1 hour ago, ireumimolla said:

Sorry to list the source separately. I still haven't figured out how to embed an instagram photo on here! If anyone can teach me how I'll be super grateful~

Just try copy and paste here link from address bar, It automatically converted.

TEST (from SMA IG)

21 minutes ago, zeppy10 said:

he may be straight forward but he doesn't have to reveal who is his current girlfriend though.. he is known to be very low profile and quiet about alot of things. Alot of these k-celebrities do hide their relationships very very well until the day they decide they will get married and shock the world.. 

I think SJS will be those.. who will suddenly come out with who he is actually seeing (maybe Joo yeun.. who knows?) and says he will be getting married. haha (oh wait, he mentioned before he won't go public about marriage.. he wanted it to be quiet and secretive.. with just close friends and family if i recall correctly) 

I think SJS is very introverted to those that dunno him well. But probably a really funny person to those who know him well enough. In the public eye he's very low key! Which is a good thing. Can't wait for tonight's episode in an hour!

14 minutes ago, plappi said:

Just try copy and paste here link from address bar, It automatically converted.

flowers from KYH???? If from KYH, he's so bloody rich - why give a scarf or bouquet and not even roses at that!! Why not give a diamond ring or bracelet or necklace or earrings or anklet?Or maybe a car, a house?? Or a baby?

or if from someone else? never mind....... no comment........... rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009  rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

Archived