Weekly K-Pop Music Chart 2015 – May Week 3

Rising male group BTS scores their first No. 1 song on our chart with “I Need U.” It is also the group’s first ever top 10 hit and they already achieved the No. 1 spot. The group debuted in 2013 and was the winner of the best new artist on our Soompi Awards that year. “I Need U” is from BTS’ third mini-album “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Part 1.” Written by Hitman Bang, Brother Su, and BTS members Rap Monster, SUGA, and J-Hope, “I Need U” is an electronic hip-hop song with pop dance melody. The lyrics are about a man suffering from heartache because of his fading relationship. This song moved up from No. 15 last week all the way to the top. It also recorded wins on Music Bank and M!Countdown. Congratulations to BTS. Last week’s No. 1 song EXID’s “Ah Yeah” falls one spot to No. 2. Holding steady at No. 3 is Jinusean’s “Tell Me One More Time.” Besides “I Need U,” there is only one other new song in the top 10. Moving up eight spots to No. 4 is the long awaited comeback hit “LOSER” by BIGBANG, their first release in more than three years. Since BIGBANG’s highly successful album “ALIVE” in 2012, members were concentrating on their solo activities. Now they are finally back as a group and releases “BIGBANG MADE SERIES [M]” with two songs. One of the title tracks is “LOSER,” written by Teddy and Taeyang, with G-Dragon and T.O.P penning the lyrics. The song has additive melody and emotional rap. It is about a man who calls himself a loser for holding on to the pain he suffers. Because of BIGBANG’s comeback schedule, “LOSER” is not ranked on some of the TV Network music rankings yet. Perhaps that is the only reason to prevent this song from hitting No. 1 this week. Next week is will be hard to beat. [chart id="249" items_limit="50" detailed_items="10"]

About the Soompi Music Chart:

Soompi Music Chart is unlike any other music chart or television ranking. It takes into account rankings by various major music charts in Korea as well as the hottest trending artists on Soompi, making it a unique chart that reflects what’s going on in K-Pop not only in Korea but around the world. Our chart is composed of the following sources: GAON Music Chart – 20% Various Internet charts (Olleh, Bugs, Melon, Soribada, Genie) – 15% Soompi Airplay – 20% TV Music Show charts (SBS Inkigayo, KBS Music Bank, MBC Music Core, MNet M!Countdown) – 45%

View the full article

Archived