The Official Chae Yeon (채연) Thread

Cherryblossom18

Guest mishybear

f.E.m: thanks!!!!!!!!!! you're the best ^_____________^ gonna download later, my pc woke up kinda slow today. besides, i'm doing my homework (gosh! i hate economics sometimes <_< )... watching love action with subs sounds so tempting righ now!

i found this. if you scroll down (ok, you can stop a few seconds to watch bea jung nam's perfect abs :phew: ), you'll see 2 performances of chae yeon. i think they're kinda old, but i've never seen them before. have you? she's in the army, what a happy soldiers i must say.

bye! ;)

lol thanks! ive never seen that before either....

hahaha lucky soldiers ;)

heres what the letters to the China fan club says:

(oh btw, where its says "To China Fans ~!" at the top, i think she made a mistake in "China" and covered it with the picture of the little girl.....

lol but i dont know. it's jst my guess. lol)

Hello! It's Chae Yeon~

When I arrived at the airport this time, i was really surprised ^^

Not only because there were many fans waiting for me, but when I saw everybody guarding the car for me, i was very happy and thankful.

In every little action, (either she says I'm happy, or please be happy) ~ haha

Even though there's a language barrier, it's very surprising because it seems like you guys would always know if I'd feel happy or sad~

I can't write something like this every time I return to Korea,

but as I appeared on my first Chinese show, I think I experienced and thought a lot,

so as a memory/souvenir of my first Chinese show appearance, i'm writing this letter.

I feel your concern for everything I do...

If sincerely feel, "If only i could express myself in Chinese".

(so in other words, she sincerely wishes she could be able to communicate with the fans)

I am going to be coming more often now, and I hope that you guys can be support me and show interest just as much as you do now. (am i being greedy? hahaha)

Anyway, it was very fun... This time, the fill-in-the-blanks (i think thats what she said??) wasn't that good, but next time, I'll prepare so i can win lots of points.

Until then, please stay healthy~ see you in 2 weeks~! (i think it says 2 weeks, but im not 100% sure)

Aia aja, fighting!!

Nov. 10, 2007

Chae Yeon ee~

Guest dumbstruckk

f.E.M., thank you for the subs! I am glad that I finally understand what they are talking about. They really so make a good couple! heheh

mishybear, thanks for the translations. She is so sweet! ^^

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/uhC-RfU23k0/

this is a clip of chae yeon speaking chinese for the chinese gameshow (i think the official english name for it is "just the two of us"). She tries to speak chinese while the guy who sang Legend with her tries to speak korean . they have to communicate through english. Chae Yeon is very funny towards the end :D

mishybear: thanks for translating the letter! god, chae yeon is so sweet! she took the time to write that letter. she always do these kind of things, right? going to the lobby of the hotel to take pics with the fans, to talk with them. even if she's tired.

that's why i like her ;)

thanks again!!

oh! f.E.m., i just saw the clip you posted. thanks for sharing! they were cute. who's the guy?

Guest mishybear

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/uhC-RfU23k0/

this is a clip of chae yeon speaking chinese for the chinese gameshow (i think the official english name for it is "just the two of us"). She tries to speak chinese while the guy who sang Legend with her tries to speak korean . they have to communicate through english. Chae Yeon is very funny towards the end :D

thanks for the clip! she's so cute! lol

i would love to see more of her in newer japanese. stuff. just because she knows how to speak it, and i think it looks cool when she talks in japanese. lol :P

but ah, i guess she's going to chin more :) we'll see more of her speaking chinese. hehe

you're very welcome to everybody. hahaha :)

sorry for the bad translating though! -___-;;

----------------

edit:

hey guys, people have uploaded some videos on ChaeYeon's cyworld .

they're of her in china i believe :)

HOLY, the fans are SO loud. lol

i guess she's going to china more often because it looks like shes gaining GREAT popularity there. :)

That was a cool clip. I like how she was mimicking the guy's hand signs (thumbs up)! My Korean is terrible, but it sounded like the guy was telling CY 'you're the best'! & vice versa w/ CY in chinese! mishybear can you confirm?

edit:

hey guys, people have uploaded some videos on ChaeYeon's cyworld .

they're of her in china i believe :)

HOLY, the fans are SO loud. lol

i guess she's going to china more often because it looks like shes gaining GREAT popularity there. :)

Yeah i saw that, those chinese fans are so enthusiastic! I hope she blows up in China, I mean with 1+ billion people, that is the world's largest music market! ;) I don't believe a singer has to make it big in the US or europe to be considered 'on top'. If CY can continue her success in Asia as well as maybe India (i know she has been there before), she will be the world's most popular singer! :D

Edit: thanks mandy_quyen for the update! that would be neat if she is on the show with LSG & be reunited with MC Yoo too.

Edit #2: thanks mishybear for the translation, i guess i wasn't even close! But I was surprised how much of the dialogue from "love action S3" i got right (well, pretty close) after i watched the 'subs'! :o i think the 'Truth' show airs every Tuesday on SBS, but not 100% sure.

Guest mishybear

That was a cool clip. I like how she was mimicking the guy's hand signs (thumbs up)! My Korean is terrible, but it sounded like the guy was telling CY 'you're the best'! & vice versa w/ CY in chinese! mishybear can you confirm?

Yeah i saw that, those chinese fans are so enthusiastic! I hope she blows up in China, I mean with 1+ billion people, that is the world's largest music market! ;) I don't believe a singer has to make it big in the US or europe to be considered 'on top'. If CY can continue her success in Asia as well as maybe India (i know she has been there before), she will be the world's most popular singer! :D

Edit: thanks mandy_quyen for the update! that would be neat if she is on the show with LSG & be reunited with MC Yoo too.

hahahaha, yeah! well i dont know about in Chinese, but in korean, i think he was saying "최고!" or "chwae go!" which means "perfect!"

lol

and thats true. lol

i think CY will do really well in China!

Chaeyeon will appear in next week True game ep ^^ if i saw the right thing , Seung Gi would be there too ^____^

that's awesome, thanks for the info! lol

do you know when it airs?

If CY can continue her success in Asia as well as maybe India (i know she has been there before), she will be the world's most popular singer! :D

lol if i rmb right, India is where she met those naughty monkeys isn't it?

So I've watched the chinese show and really feft bad for Chae Yeon. Everybody speaks chinese so she is like the odd one out, standing on her own (looking a bit bored too), and she also does not has many interactions with the other guests, which is fully understandable since there's the language barrier (I wonder why she doesn't bring a translator). On the good side, the fans' reactions and enthusiasm are exploding.

yea mishybear, i'd love it too if Chae Yeon goes back to do some Japanese stuffs, like release some singles or an album. that'd be awesome! But I think her company would refer her to break into China's market since she has a H.U.G.E fanbase there. I read somewhere that over 1000 sales of her 4th album came from there

[EDIT]

not_popular, I don't who the guy is, but he is definitely a chinese artist =P

bulgogi88, dooode, I like your new avatar =D

really? i'm so glad i'm not korean :P

^hahaha, yeah f.E.M. that was the trip w/ the monkeys! :lol: Too funny, kept thinking that CY should have had her cell phone with her & taken some pics! But i guess she had other things to worry about! :P

I can tell by the screen caps of that show you posted, that CY looked bored. But I think it is great that she makes such an effort to communicate with the audience in their native language. :D

Edit: btw, check out her cyWorld, somebody posted a vid of her China trip, walking through the airport to get to her ride to the hotel & what a mob scene! Cy looks 'taken aback' during it, a little overwhelmed that she had that much support from the Chinese fans.

Edit: yeah thanks f.E.M. u know I gotta express my love for the Korean ladies! :P

Hahaha! man that was cold :lol: , but I don't want to limit myself let me include chinese, japanese, vietnamese, filipino *ahem* you prolly get the message! Maybe i can also find an avatar that says "I <3 Chilean girls!" for not_popular, so she won't feel left out! :P

Hey guys I've been trying to log into Baidu, but have no idea how to set up an account! Anybody out there that can read Chinese & explain to me what the various fields mean? Here is a screen shot of the log in page:

EDIT: thanks, f.E.M. for the info & the 'browser' link! I was actually trying to set up an account because of WENTING's suggestion on the [YEON!] IEF re: YEON@BAIDU THREAD 2. I don't know if that is even still in effect, but was bored & just wanted to try. I know I was never going to be able to post on the baidu's CY thread, because I don't know Chinese, but they have some cool pics & whatnot! ;)

EDIT: mishybear thanks for trans. the captions. yeah CY is so lucky to have such devoted & earnest fan clubs, & they all have such cool names too like Rainbow & Dangerous FC! Regarding her potential success in the US/Canada, certainly the language barrier presents a problem, because I don't know about Canada, but the US is very 'provincial' in terms of accepting songs written/sung in other languages. I think the only 'foreign' song that did well in the US was Nena's '99 luftballoons' & that was like 20+yrs ago! But 'latin' singers like Shakira, Paulina Rubio, Thalia, etc. have made an impact in the music industry, although some of their success is in 'niche' markets, but the attributes CY has in common with those performers is her charisma, beauty, & talent, so never say never!

Guest mishybear

So I've watched the chinese show and really feft bad for Chae Yeon. Everybody speaks chinese so she is like the odd one out, standing on her own (looking a bit bored too), and she also does not has many interactions with the other guests, which is fully understandable since there's the language barrier (I wonder why she doesn't bring a translator). On the good side, the fans' reactions and enthusiasm are exploding.

yea mishybear, i'd love it too if Chae Yeon goes back to do some Japanese stuffs, like release some singles or an album. that'd be awesome! But I think her company would refer her to break into China's market since she has a H.U.G.E fanbase there. I read somewhere that over 1000 sales of her 4th album came from there

hey, do you know where i can watach the show? lol (even though i wont understand any of it)

HOLY! over 1000 from China? that's a lot.

i wish america or canada would be more accepting of new cultures. lol :S

^

Click here to register

Username:

Password: / Retype Password:

(male) (female)

Email address:

Type what's on the image:

Then click on the button and you're done =)

But you don't have to have an account to view the posts though. Basically you can just bookmark Chae Yeon Bar to your browser ^^

sorry for the late question. lol

what is baidu?

is it like a Chinese CY fansite?

edit: thanks bulgogi88! i watcehd the video on her Cyworld..... THAT'S CRAZY! she looks so taken aback. the fans in China are SOOOO nice to wait for her and help protect her like that.

the caption underneat the video says,

"The Chinse CY fan club called Rainbow went out to see CY at the airport. The fans circled around her to protect her, and told the other people not to push so she could leave from the airport comfortably. Rainbow will work even harder!"

awwwe :) such a sweet fan group for such a sweet person.......

^you're welcome not_popular! yeah, next week's HI-5 looks good! btw, were you able to download "love action S3" after all?

Edit: sorry nothing to share really! :( but here is an older fashion photo shoot of CY: credit: leechaeyeon.com

^That was actually the second part, here is the first segment of the photoshoot: credit: leechaeyeon.com

what is baidu?

is it like a Chinese CY fansite?

It seems like a Chinese version of soompi. There is a lot of cool stuff from the Chinese CY fan clubs on there, including some great CY themed desktop wallpapers! there is a cool one which is patterned after the coca-cola logo! :o

Edit: f.E.M. so CY didn't advance to the next round? Why the low scores? She seemed to do pretty well. Anyways, thanks for the explanation about baidu, & yeah it would be nice if google allowed searches of music files, but it does show videos.