Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Hello @mstamatoff!!!  Thanks for this tip.  On his Instagram people are congratulating him on "his" new coffee shop, so it may be true.  I guess you can't keep a bored entrepreneur down!  Not bored with being a new Dad, but bored not doing something creative, maybe.  On the Café Daum website there are a couple of other articles about other ventures he is supposedly involved in. I was trying to get a link, but am having some trouble.  I will try again later.  Happy New Year, so far, to all.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MyStars said:

On his Instagram people are congratulating him on "his" new coffee shop, so it may be true.  I guess you can't keep a bored entrepreneur down!  Not bored with being a new Dad, but bored not doing something creative, maybe.  On the Café Daum website there are a couple of other articles about other ventures he is supposedly involved in.

@MyStars, if this is the case, I am very disappointed! To waste such a talent to serve coffee and cake? I don't know, I just don't know! Sorry for saying it but this is the way I feel about all these activities of BYJ's.

• Like 2

@mstamatoff:fearful: I was just idly surmising; sorry if I struck a nerve but don't be sorry for saying how you feel.  It shows the depth of your commitment to him as a creative person and performer.   Remember back in the day when he still had Gorilla in the Kitchen (the big restaurant in Seoul, which is no more, I think) he was also engaged in filming (and getting hurt in) The Legend?  And he still has Gorilla in the Café in Hawaii ~ I think.....He always did love coffee and was training to be a barista at one time, no?  Maybe that has finally come to fruition, only he's not there to do the "serv(ing) of coffee and cake" as you say. Thank goodness. I can't see that either.

He always did seem to overextend himself by doing too many things at once:  Injuries during The Legend while owning Gorilla in the Kitchen, the  almost nervous collapse after finishing his book Beauty of Korea, and then many instances of disappearing acts for months and months after a project, to relax wind down I guess. 

Then again, he may just need the money.  :confused:

• Like 1

From Yura......

.......friendship through the years and the dramas and the movies.  Quite delightful.  Thank you, Yura.

While in YouTube for this Yura MV, I also found two old (2006, 2008 uploads) for the making of two Secom commercials. 

One commenter on YouTube had this to say (taken from one of the MV's, name omitted):

"Bae Yong Joon is so adorable.  He is too perfect to be true.  He is an intelligent, warm-hearted, and very well-mannered man with beutiful (sic) mind.  Only Koreans can truly see this because non-Koreans can only understand him half through translation, which I think is too bad.  If you know Korean, you know immediately the way he talks is really elegant."

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Korea-China dispute chips away at K-pop stars' wealth

By Park Jin-hai

The dispute over a U.S. Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system to be installed here, continues to wreak havoc on stock-rich Korean entertainers. The stock values of two entertainment moguls ― S.M. Entertainment Chairman Lee Soo-man and YG Entertainment chief Yang Hyun-suk ― have seen their stock values plummet by almost 50 percent compared to a year ago, according to chaebul.com, Monday.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Keyeast Entertainment head Bae Yong-joon, ranked third in terms of stock value, lost 17.3 billion won, a 28.2 percent fall from 61.5 billion won a year ago. FNC Entertainment founder Han Sung-ho, ranked fourth, posted a 27.3 billion won loss, or a 48.6 percent drop.

Local observers attribute the losses to China's ban on Korean cultural products in retaliation to the planned THAAD deployment.

Following Seoul's July 8 decision to deploy THAAD, China has been gradually tightening the noose in its boycott of Korean entertainers and canceling cultural events that had been planned years in advance.

"Investors should wait and see for a while," a local analyst said. "As long as the Chinese risk factor in relation to THAAD persists, it will be hard to expect a sudden rebound in the companies' stock prices."

credit : Korea Times

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Best old school Korean dramas everyone should watch

1. Winter Sonata

Get ready for your heart to melt like snow in the Spring. 'Winter Sonata' is all about character Joon Sang, the son of a famous musician, moving to the more rural parts of Korea with his mother after his troubled past. He develops a close bond with his new found friends until a dramatic turn of events changes things around. This drama made Bae Yong Joon extremely popular in Japan and he received the honorific title of "Yon-Soma."

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ladies, any idea what this can mean:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002663699&lfrom=twitter

As far as I could understand, part of actors go to a subsidiary because of the not so good management of KeyEast. Does this mean BYJ will be in this new company? Or they leave and someone else will be a CEO? If so, it will be another financial problem for Bae. And no only financial but emotional, too, I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

These Are Korea’s TOP 11 Sexiest Actors Over 30 Years Old

These 11 actors may have all left their 20s behind them, but that definitely doesn’t mean they’re not still total heartthrobs.

While most actors are considered most attractive during their 20s, these 11 men are proving that this isn’t always the case. They have taken being sexy to a completely new level—and they’re all over 30 years old.

Check out 11of the hottest Korean actors that are over 30 years old below:

9. Bae Yong Joon

Bae Yong Joon is 44 years old, and still capable of winning hearts. He starred in Winter Sonata, one of the biggest shows during the Hallyu Wave.

BaeYongJoon.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mstamatoff said:

@willenette, Thank you for this information. For all of us he is and will always be #1.

Hi mstamatoff, ye, dear he is & will always be................Silence is this thread is so deafening...............I hope we could get to read or hear news about him. It's been quite a long while.....I missed him! :(

• Like 2

On 5/11/2017 at 0:14 PM, mstamatoff said:

@willenette, so do I. I've lost every single hope to see him on the screen again. Obviously, the projects that take all his time and attention are very far from the cinema. Which is a great, great pity! To waste such a talent! :dissapointed_relieved:

Hi mstamatoff, ye, I guess there's a very slim chance to see BYJ again on the small screen but I'm still holding on to my hopes on the big screen, just like what Jang Dong Gun is doing from time to time............But, right you are - he's so focused right now on his business..........& that's for sure away from the entertainment world. I don't think he's going back soon............Even some recent picture of him is so scarce..........I missed anything about him, updated news, new photos, new videos.............I wonder what is he up to at this moment, huh? I have been waiting so long for BYJ..........:lol:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

***BYJ's name is mentioned...............

My Favorite Stars- Where are they? What are they doing?

As the big stars successfully finish up their last work, they will have tons of calls from everywhere, be it a drama, movie, advertisement, variety show and etc. Their name value goes up with popularity, and their calendar will be filled with tons of scheduled activities. However, it is much needed for these stars to rest up while they carefully consider their next move in selecting the best work they can perform in. Especially for the actors/ actresses, their next work and next character will define them in their career, so they are as cautious as ever. While they are taking their time and rest up though, they will rain us with their glad presence in other forms such as photoshoots and shooting many advertisements. Let's see what our favorite stars have been up to lately –

Park Soo-jin

Spoiler

Everything she does will become a trend!

Actor Bae Yong-joon's one and only, actress Park Soo-jin is here!

She haven't been on any movie or drama since 2013, but she's been busy with her newly-wed life along with becoming a mother. She's become a role-model for a lot of young moms too, and she's now the face of a diaper brand model.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By. Lily Lee

Source : 1boon.kakao.com/yookk...

Translation : Hancinema

Spoiler

• Like 1

@willenette, Thank you!

By the way, June 15 is approaching. As far as I have understood, part of KeyEast actors are going to establish a subsidiary and Bae's name wasn't mentioned among the new managers. It was said they needed more attention. Does this mean they are dissatisfied? We'll live to see.