Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest iluvugudbye

[Mobile Photos] Korean Entertainment 10th Anniversary Awards
source: 우리보스 BYJ FB Pagethanks for sharing. :)>- :-* ^:)^
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/p320x320/1017161_460130284086603_1641181110_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p320x320/72854_460130527419912_1720236045_n.jpg

Photo: New pic from mobile site as of Jan. 24  #3

Guest iluvugudbye

Celebrities lose ‘publicity’ suit against Naver

Local celebrities lost on Wednesday in a lawsuit that they collectively filed against major portals to seek compensation for their names being used for commercial purposes, according to the Suwon District Court.

Fifty-nine celebrities filed the lawsuit against South Korea’s biggest online portal Naver and its affiliate company in May last year, claiming the right of publicity. They asked for damages worth 1.2 billion won ($1.1 million) in the high-profile suit joined by Jang Dong-gun, Bae Yong-joon and Girls’ Generation, among others.

The plaintiffs claimed that portals provide search results leading to commercial shopping mall sites that sell products containing their names, even though they do not endorse such products. In Korea, a host of online shopping malls sell products in a way that suggests they are somehow linked to stars. For instance, Korean customers are routinely browsing “Jang Dong-gun padded jacket” and “Bae Yong-joon glasses” on shopping sites.

Despite the claims by the stars, the court ruled that portals did not violate the rights of the stars under the current law.

But the legal battle is not over. The plaintiffs filed a lawsuit of the same nature against about 10 Web portals including Daum in the Jeju District Court and Nate in the Seoul Western District Court.

Ahn Hyo-jil, professor of intellectual property law at Korea University said the number of legal disputes related to publicity rights is going up in Korea, but the local law does not have a clause on the publicity rights that limits the public use of one’s name and identity, particularly for commercial purposes.

“The law needs to stipulate exactly what constitutes as the legitimate use of the photograph, name, voice and signature,” Ahn said.

Earlier this year, 35 celebrities including Song Hye-kyo and Kim Nam-gil lost in a similar lawsuit filed against a plastic surgery clinic in Seoul. The stars claimed that their photos were used for the hospital’s promotional events without permission from their agencies. The Seoul Central District Court ruled that their publicity rights cannot be recognized due to the absence of guidelines from the top court.

By Suk Gee-hyun

Guest iluvugudbye

Exhibition shows men’s bags’ evolution from practical carryalls to style items

20140112000338_0.jpg
Exterior of the Simone Handbag Museum on Garosu-gil, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam. (Simone Handbag Museum)

Men’s bags have become more than a practical means of carrying belongings. They are now much more like accessories, fashion statements or reflections of a man’s identity.

In step with changing perceptions about the nature of men’s bags, the Simone Handbag Museum on the trendy Garosu-gil in Seoul recently opened a small exhibition to examine the relationships between men and bags.

“Bags have become a style accessory, no longer a practical carrier. I think bags are one of the fashion items with which modern men express themselves. It is an artistic tool used to reveal your identity,” said Suh Jin-suk, director of Loop, the contemporary art space of the museum, where he curated the “Bag is History” show.

“Now, it’s not only women who try to match bags to their daily outfits. I, for one, have dozens of bags to choose from to complete my style,” he added.

20140112000339_0.jpg
A view of the exhibition “Bag is History.” (Simone Handbag Museum)

The exhibition, which will run until March 30, focuses on the hidden role of bags as items used to form relationships with people. In the first section of the exhibition, GQ Korea editor-in-chief Lee Chung-geol tells anecdotes about his bags. For him, a variety of bags, from backpacks to travel bags to tote bags, serve as stepping stones in tracing his memories of events involving friends. One of them, a black square shoulder bag, reminds him of hallyu superstar Bae Yong-joon, who exchanged the bag for a watch that Lee bought at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

Surprising as it may sound to those who consider bags to be fashion items capable of thrilling only women, Lee said that he was really excited to spot a certain Mulberry bag displayed in a department store.

The second section features a video produced by artists 275C and Plaplax. They present images of high-profile men ― entertainment celebrities, musicians and even politicians ― each holding a bag. David Letterman, The Beatles and Korean politician Ahn Cheol-soo appear in the video.

The exhibition elicits comments on bags or answers to questions asked by GQ Korea’s Lee on his Twitter account, such as, “What bag has been the most memorable in your life?” Answers can be composed on a typewriter and posted on the exhibition walls for visitors to read.

The exhibition is being held in the basement gallery of the museum on Garosu-gil, Sinsa-dong, Seoul. For more information, visit www.simonehandbagmuseum.co.kr.

By Lee Woo-young
=====================
This was the bag:
24716F3C52E09FB127D924

credits: Ranirani/Koo

Guest luisaj1430293467

Oh how I love the way he laughed, it so contagious even by just mere watching the photo made me smile.1743639_867991926559930_486182922_n.jpg1601256_867989923226797_1438945691_n.jpg
Credit: FB posted by Fatima Garcia Paz

Hi guys. I found this picture online recently which piqued my curiosity. (Link removed due to problems uploading the image. If anyone can help me out with my query could you kindly PM me your email address and I will send the picture as an attachment?)Is this scene from the director's cut of April Snow? Could someone who has seen that version kindly tell more about the context in the story? To me it looks like a beautiful moment between In Su and Seo Young's characters and I'm assuming it is an extended part of their first intimate encounter in a hotel room. 

Guest iluvugudbye

Bae Yong Joon and Goo Soo Hee's marriage is imminent! 
Link below:
"배용준, 구소희씨와 결혼 임박…"

I saw this on the news shared by a baesister. I used Google translator to get the gist. from what i can understand, Bae Yong Joon reportedly met with LS Vice Pres. Goo Ja Gyun and rumor say that Bae Yong Joon and Goo Soo Hee's marriage is imminent. Although not yet a formal meeting but both parties seemed to have an agreement(?) already. After the marriage of Ms. Goo's sister held last month, it was said that the couple also plans to follow soon. A source from the business sector says it is expected that they will hold a wedding in May at the latest. not sure how true this is. :-?? 

Dam-Su said: Bae Yong Joon and Goo Soo Hee's marriage is imminent! 
Link below:
"배용준, 구소희씨와 결혼 임박…"

I saw this on the news shared by a baesister. I used Google translator to get the gist. from what i can understand, Bae Yong Joon reportedly met with LS Vice Pres. Goo Ja Gyun and rumor say that Bae Yong Joon and Goo Soo Hee's marriage is imminent. Although not yet a formal meeting but both parties seemed to have an agreement(?) already. After the marriage of Ms. Goo's sister held last month, it was said that the couple also plans to follow soon. A source from the business sector says it is expected that they will hold a wedding in May at the latest. not sure how true this is. :-?? 

Hello my dear Bae sisters waving hi text smiley. It's been a while since I've been here. I miss chatting with all of you and most especially I miss our dear Bae Yong Joon 'sshi. So not much is going on since the announcement of his new girl friend eh ? I hope they are doing great and I wish them both the best. All righty then - til the next time . Bye for now...

***BYJ is mentioned -----

Kim Soo-hyeon-I, Lee Min-ho, Kim Woo-bin and Lee Jong-suk's shift in generations

A shift is quickly occurring amongst Hallyu Stars.

Actors Kim Soo-hyeon-I, Lee Min-ho, Kim Woo-bin and Lee Jong-suk are the four top Hallyu actors and they have been evolving at a rapid rate. They are leading the shift in generation from the primary Hallyu generation, which would be Bae Yong-joon and others. These new Hallyu stars have been expanding their fan population like LTE, which make them global stars because of their limitless boundaries between international and domestic fans.

A person in the media claims, "Unlike the Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo generation, the newer Hallyu stars have been appealing to the world with a more friendly approach in various works. They have been able to expand their fan base with real time VOD and development of technology and the Internet, as well as SNS services".

◇ Securing fans like LTE

The advantage for this day's generation is that they are building fans at the same rate in Korea and overseas. Bae Yong-joon alone, became popular in Japan after the KBS 2TV drama "Winter Sonata" was shown there and it took him a year to become a Hallyu star. However, things are different now. The three main broadcasting stations are offering real time video-on-demand (VOD) services and contents are being watched on various SNS and YouTube. Whatever hits popularity in Korea is being shown to international fans almost instantly at the same speed. Therefore, the new Hallyu generation is forwarding fan meetings at the same time in Korea and international countries and their world tour plans fall into place in a flash.

Lee Jong-suk has a fan meeting coming up in Shanghai, China on the 14th. Previously, he had his first Japanese fan meeting in 2012 and in Taiwan and Hong Kong in 2013.

Kim Woo-bin starts off in Hong Kong on the 16th this month and will continue on to Taiwan, Shanghai, China Thailand and others.

Kim Soo-hyeon-I who is currently starring in the SBS drama "You Came From The Stars" is going to Taiwan, China, Japan, Singapore and 6 other Asian countries in March. Lee Min-ho from last year's hit drama "The Heirs", has been touring Japan, China, Thailand and 10 other cities for his live tour. He held a global tour in Seoul last month.

◇ What's the difference between the first generation of Hallyu stars and the current Hallyu stars?

If past Hallyu stars created a mysterious image for themselves and didn't star in many things, the new generation is doing the opposite. They are active in dramas and moves and have at least one or two hit makers on their list.

MBC drama "Deep-rooted Tree" star Kim Soo-hyeon-I starred in hit makers "The Thieves" and "Secretly and Greatly" and now "You Came From The Stars". Kim Woo-bin saw success with KBS 2TV drama "School 2013", SBS "The Heirs" and movie "Friends 2". He's coming back with "The Technicians" soon. Lee Jong-suk made it big with SBS "Secret Garden", KBS 2TV "School 2013", SBS "I Hear Your Voice" and movie "Hot Young Bloods". Lee Min-ho continued with his first movie called, "Gangnam Blues". It seems like the actors are riding along with the ever quickly changing likings of the public. Also, the new Hallyu generation is using their youth to their benefit and are communicating freely with their fans via SNS. They are as popular as any Kpop boy band as they are multi entertainers who can act, sing and dance at the same time.

Source : news.sportsseoul.com/...

Translation : Hancinema

Guest iluvugudbye

class="content-title" Actor’s Bae Yong Joon’s Boys Fight for First Place in Wednesday/Thursday Drama Ratings heavenly angel February 13, 2014 
Actor’s Bae Yong Joon’s Boys Fight for First Place in Wednesday/Thursday Drama Ratings

Actor Kim Soo Hyun and singer/actor Kim Hyun Joong have been competing against one another for ratings for their Wednesday/Thursday drama. The general public wondered if actor Bae Yong Joon’s agency “KeyEast” who supports these two actors should be happy or sad that they are competing one another.

The current winner would be Kim Soo Hyun. Kim Soo Hyun has successfully won every women’s hearts through his SBS drama “You Who Came from the Stars” with co-star actress Jun Ji Hyun. However, Kim Hyun Joong’s KBS drama “Inspiring Generation” had started later than “You Who Came from the Stars”. Viewers speculated that for “Inspiring Generation” to overcome the popularity and fan base “You Who Came from the Stars” have already had, would be more difficult.  

It is famously known that Bae Yoon Joon deeply cares for both Kim Hyun Joong and Kim Soo Hyun, so the public wonders if Bae Yoon Joon should be happy or sad that they are competing each other for the Wednesday/Thursday drama ratings. Thankfully, both actors are receiving many compliments for their acting and ability to immerse themselves into their characters. Kim Soo Hyun’s character has very unique characteristics which he naturally portrays, while Kim Hyun Joong is doing his first historical drama and he is able to display his character perfectly.  

Ever since, Kim Hyun Joong appeared on “Inspiring Generation” the drama’s rating has been rising. “You Who Came from the Stars” is placed first and received 25% audience rating, while “Inspiring Generation” is in second place with 8-9% audience rating.

===================================

He should be happy. I mean even if his two boys are competing against one other for drama ratings, at least both are doing well in their performance. The two laddies are both being praised for their outstanding acting in their respective dramas ( and not being compared with one another on who acted better than who). And both of their dramas have good ratings. although YWCFTS is higher than IG, at least IG isn't last in the race and the ratings are in a good level. Im sure he is proud of his two boys. :)>-