Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest iluvugudbye

haaayyy....nothing new in bae front today. -_- but i will share yet another oldie but goodie post by sis jaime from her blog. i hope she doesn't mind me sharing it here for the baebies. blush.gif it is a very touching story as it shows how deeply bae fans loves our KING. b48.gif

Love shines

Friday, May 7, 2010

Hi hi sisters ....  found these forgotten pictures in my cellphone which I took a couple of  months ago. Didn't realize that my chanoyu (tea ceremony) lesson was in  the vicinity of Yong Joon's 'first handprint' in Japan! Haha, cloudnine  was kind enough to show me the way there. It is just in front of an  office building across from the side entrance of Peninsula Hotel, off  the Hibiya subway exit.

hp.jpg

Yong Joon's autograph was dated 2005.8.30. So if I've not mistaken, it was the April Snow promotion in Tokyo, right?

hp1.jpg

Hehe, want to know who Yong Joon's neighbours are?

hp2.jpg

↑Superstar Tom Cruise.... 

hp3.jpg

↑and the very popular - Jackie Chan.

Are  you wondering now why Yong Joon's plate is so gold and shiny? Hehe, the  secret lies with the very dedicated Japanese fans. While I was busy  sizing up which angle I should shoot using my very sub-standard  cellphone camera. Cloudnine quietly took out her own handkerchief and  started rubbing the dust off Yong Joon's handprint, so cute! I could  actually feel the stares from those salarymen and office ladies who were  smoking just in front of the building. They must be wondering why were  those 2 silly obaasan photographing and wiping the sidewalk?! Cloudnine  told me that some Japanese sisters actually take turns to come here to  wipe Yong Joon's handprint, that's our way of taking care of what he  gave us. You can tell the result of their tender loving care :)

hp4.jpg

Of  course now, Yong Joon has left more handprints in Japan, like the one  on the wall at Gosireh Hwa Nagoya, but this one in Hibiya will always be  special. So, next time when you are around the Ginza area in Tokyo, you  might like to walk a bit further and check this one out :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

indeed, love truly shines........ b48.gif

Guest iluvugudbye

here's a summarized japanese to chinese translation by YJ影之国B of mayuurara's tweets. if you understand japanese you can check it out in Baidu.

分享消息的网友mayuurara昨晚参加一个欢迎会,

(没有透露到底是哪些人参加的party)

会上见到勇俊,

他穿着皮衣,黑色紧身裤,

没戴眼镜,

看上去很精神、非常帅。

mayuurara 觉得他有看过来自己这边。

会上勇俊好像说了蛮多的,

讲解红酒,谈韩国和日本的茶道,

持续大约2个小时。

还给第一次到韩国生活的人介绍商店、医院、超市,

“王子有一颗非常温暖的心,是一个温和的人”。

期间没有听到关于工作方面的事,

而对裴迷最关心的勇俊的健康状态,

mayuurara 的感觉是:

“一直不好的身体状况,终于变得能康复了”。

tanpopo also translated the article to vietnamese here.

Trên mạng xã hội of mình mayuurara. chia sẻ là tối hôm qua (4/3), cô ấy tham gia 1 buổi tiệc (hội nghị). (Không tiết lộ bữa tiệc gồm những ai)

Trong bữa tiệc cô ấy được gặp Bae Yong Joon.

Anh ấy mặc 1 chiếc áo khoác da mà đen, quần đen, và không đeo kính.

Trông anh ấy rất khoẻ mạnh, và cực kì đẹp trai.

mayuurara nghĩ rằng BYJ có nhìn thấy họ

Trong bữa tiệc (hội nghị) Bae Yong Joon nói rất nhiều

Nói về Rượu vang đỏ, Trà Đạo của Nhật Bản và Hàn Quốc

Trong vòng 2 tiếng đồng hồ

còn nói về văn hoá đời sống của người Hàn Quốc, giới thiệu về các cửa hàng, siêu thị, bệnh viện.

"Hoàng tử có 1 trái tim rất ấm áp, thực sự là 1 người dịu dàng"

Lúc đó thực sự là không nghe vào đầu 1 từ nào về công việc

Người hâm mộ chỉ quan tâm tới tình hình sức khoẻ của BYJ

mayuurara nghĩ rằng:

"Tình trạng sức khoẻ của Anh ấy cuối cùng đã được phục hồi "

here's google's translation:

On the social networks of their mayuurara. share is the last night (4/3), she engaged a party (conference). (Undisclosed party includes one)

In her party were met Bae Yong Joon.

He wore a black leather coat that, black pants, and without glasses.

He looked very healthy, and extremely handsome.

BYJ mayuurara think they have seen

The party (conference) Bae Yong Joon say a lot

Speaking of red wine, the tea ceremony in Japan and Korea

Within 2 hours

also talk about the cultural life of Korea, introducing stores, supermarkets, hospitals.

"Prince is a very warm heart, is actually a gentle person"

Now that really is not heard a word about the early work

The fans only care about the health situation of BYJ

mayuurara think:

"The state of health he has finally been restored"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeh? im confused..... what? when? where? how? who?b25.gif

Guest iluvugudbye

KSH did not reply BYJ's SMS? :huh:

source: Nate

[해품달 완전정복 ②] 김수현, 배용준 문자에도 답장 안한다?

일간스포츠 원문 기사전송 2012-03-06 07:02 최종수정 2012-03-06 08:43

[일간스포츠 김연지]

Q: 배용준의 문자에도 답장을 안 한다던데 사실인가.

A: 아니다. 촬영 일정이 바쁘게 돌아갈 때는 바로 답장을 못하는 경우도 있지만 최근에는 작품에 대한 조언이나 격려도 많이 해주시고 이전보다 더 자주 연락드리면서 서로의 안부를 확인한다.

korean to chinese translation by YJ影之国A @ Baidu. (much thanks)

金秀炫,裴勇俊的短信也不回复?

Q∶即使裴勇俊的短信也不回复的说法是不是事实?

A∶不是。拍摄日程很忙时,也有确实不能回复的情况,不过最近(从裴勇俊那里得到的)对作品的指导和激励很多,比以前联络得更加频繁了,也会彼此问候平安与否。

google translate:

Q: Bae Yong Joon's SMS did not reply to the argument is not a fact?

A: No. When the shooting schedule is busy, did not reply, but recently Bae there, works to guide and inspire a lot more frequent contact than ever before, they will look the greetings of peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if i got the article right, the reporter was asking KSH if it's true that he didn't reply our KING's SMS to him.

he answered no. that he did not replied back to our KING  because/ whenever he is busy shooting. but recently, they have been in contact more frequently than before. They would exchange greetings with each other and our KING gives him advice and encouragement about his work. not really sure. :huh:

March 7, 2012

Why are Actor Agencies Going the Idol Way?

The K-Pop scene is certainly about to become a battlefield of idols, as the actor agencies Key East and Fantagio will be aiming to join the ranks of idol giants SM, JYP and YG.

67685404.jpg

Key East houses Bae Yong Jun, Im Soo Jung, Kim Soo Hyun, Choi Kang Hee, Joo Ji Hoon and Kim Hyun Joong, and also functions as an outsourcing production company, co-producing the drama Dream High.

Fantagio, at the other end of the court, is another actor-packed agency, with Ha Jung Woo, Yeom Jeong Ah, Ji Jin Hee, Kim Young Ae, Jung Il Woo and Jung Gyu Woon, and has also produced the films The Crucible and Love Fiction. These agencies boast a great resume with its actors, dramas and films, but now, they’re aiming to debut girl groups in spring and summer.

Fantagio will be collaborating with Pledis, label of Son Dambi and After School, to showcase a seven member girl group in April. The group has already started training for its first single with a dance piece by a famous composer, and will be promoted through the combined efforts of Pledis and Fantagio.

“They’ve trained for about a year and a half. Four members are from Fantagio and three are from Pledis, and after their debut, Fantagio will be managing the acting portions of their promotion while Pledis will be taking over variety,” an official from Fantagio said.

Key East’s girl group is aiming to charge forth in July. Because Kim Hyun Joong will be promoting his own album in April, the agency will try to concentrate all efforts on its idol after Kim Hyun Joong wraps up in summer.

“It has already become known that Kwon Ri Sae of The Great Birth will be joining a girl group. We’ve trained our trainees since a year ago to be idols, although we’re still undecided on the number of members, such as whether we’ll be making it a five member group led by Kwon Ri Sae. We’ll try to reveal the group to the public by summer after getting its debut single and deciding on its member composition,” a rep from Key East said.

The reason why big actor agencies have been eyeing the idol market is because they want to bring up big-name rookies. In the case of new actors, it’s difficult to place them in main roles for dramas, and because it’s hard to guarantee their acting skills, they can’t be made stars as quickly.

Idols, however, can debut after a short training period to promote, and the awareness can be used to push the members to various areas such as acting. Key East especially seems to have realized the importance of idols when it co-produced Dream High with JYPE, and when Kim Soo Hyun became a star after receiving idol training in dance and song for the drama.

It’s also learned how to manage artists after it signed Kim Hyun Joong in and had him release a series of albums.

The same goes for Fantagio. It’s learned that the influence and sales that idols draw surpass those brought on by actors, so it’s decided to debut its trainees as idols first. It kept its eye on the market for more than two years to evaluate, and then developed a new management system in close collaboration with its partner, Pledis.

Their group will be the first group in a while to have more than one agency step forth to manage it since g.o.d. Whether their group will be able to stand out as a big name in April is yet to be seen.

Photo credit: Key East, Kim Byung Kwan / http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=4097

Guest Cecille

There's this news that came in yesterday about how Kim Hyun Joong treats his fans, specifically the "saseng fans" in response/reaction to what happened with a certain idol group. Click here for the article at allkpop.

It reminded me of an article back in 2010 where the author mentioned BYJ as an example on how to treat fans. I'll repost this the translated article from suehan's blog.

[Trans][Reporter’s Notebook]Without fans, there are no stars.

Asiatoday 2010-03-02 08:25

Recently, the video showing the scenes of some idol singers’ managers beating up the fans were posted on the internet continuously and it became the topic.

The manager of the new group ‘C and Blue’ hit a fan’s head and it rose to public criticism. And, the managers of Shiny and Dongbangshingi, the representative idol group of Korea, were violent to their fans and were criticized on the internet. It happened when the managers were trying to protect their singers from the fans who were rushing to them, but they could have inflicted injuries to their fans.

But the violent acts of singers’ managers to the fans weren’t only these groups’ problems. Sometimes it could be physical when the entertainers are coming to the concert or broadcasting, because it could be seen quite often that the fans surrounded the areas and closed the paths. Specially, it makes sense when managers complain that a little violence is inevitable to protect their singers.

But, no matter how much fans are obsessive and how much singers’ schedules are important, there is a border line for the fans. There was an episode of Hallyu star Bae Yong Joon that shows us how to treat the fans. Years ago, many Japanese fans gathered like a cloud at Baeksang Arts Awards that Bae Yong Joon attended. Their numbers were much more than those of the average idol singers.

Of course, they touched Bae Yong Joon’s body, got on his way, and took pictures of him. At that moment, his manager pushed a Japanese woman fan a little to control the situation. But, he scolded his manager temperamentally by saying, “Why are you so rude to her. She must be very tired from a long trip.” And he didn’t forget to apologize to her with his unique smile.

It’s natural that ‘without fans, there are no stars.’ Eventually, hectic schedule means meeting their fans. Idol groups and their management companies must think carefully, why has Bae Yong Joon stayed in the top spot for many years. Specially, if you want to stay in business.

Reporter Jung Jaeuk jujung19@asiatoday.co.kr

Then in here, a fan account of their encounter with YJ and KHJ--although they didn't realize at once that it was KHJ who was with YJ at that time. It was only later on when a picture of their autograph for the resto was posted online.

I just want to share my thoughts regarding the news on the idol group. Although both parties (the idol group members and saseng fans) have their share of faults, i believe that the entertainers know for sure that being famous have its ugly side. Entering the entertainment industry means your private life will be followed and scrutinized. I'm just thinking, wow, this idols are famous but not as famous as the ones in hollywood and yet, they are already acting this way. <_<<_<

I mean just look at the net and see how Robert Pattinson is being followed, tweeted, photographed and with all the paps on his tail everytime. And yet this guy is known to be very sweet to his fans. Some may say that Asians are different from Americans or Europeans.

Okay, then let's discuss BYJ--he is after all Asian. But look at how gracefully he handled his fame then and now. He was after all the first ever Korean entertainer that the world noticed and admired. It started with him. So pressures from all sides were on him. But how did he remain humble and sweet and kind to his fans? Can anyone compare the attention he got then to what the entertainers are getting now? :huh: I don't think so. ;) Definitely not!

Guest iluvugudbye

[Trans][Reporter’s Notebook]Without fans, there are no stars.

Asiatoday 2010-03-02 08:25

Recently, the video showing the scenes of some idol singers’ managers beating up the fans were posted on the internet continuously and it became the topic.

The manager of the new group ‘C and Blue’ hit a fan’s head and it rose to public criticism. And, the managers of Shiny and Dongbangshingi, the representative idol group of Korea, were violent to their fans and were criticized on the internet. It happened when the managers were trying to protect their singers from the fans who were rushing to them, but they could have inflicted injuries to their fans.

But the violent acts of singers’ managers to the fans weren’t only these groups’ problems. Sometimes it could be physical when the entertainers are coming to the concert or broadcasting, because it could be seen quite often that the fans surrounded the areas and closed the paths. Specially, it makes sense when managers complain that a little violence is inevitable to protect their singers.

But, no matter how much fans are obsessive and how much singers’ schedules are important, there is a border line for the fans. There was an episode of Hallyu star Bae Yong Joon that shows us how to treat the fans. Years ago, many Japanese fans gathered like a cloud at Baeksang Arts Awards that Bae Yong Joon attended. Their numbers were much more than those of the average idol singers.

Of course, they touched Bae Yong Joon’s body, got on his way, and took pictures of him. At that moment, his manager pushed a Japanese woman fan a little to control the situation. But, he scolded his manager temperamentally by saying, “Why are you so rude to her. She must be very tired from a long trip.” And he didn’t forget to apologize to her with his unique smile.

It’s natural that ‘without fans, there are no stars.’ Eventually, hectic schedule means meeting their fans. Idol groups and their management companies must think carefully, why has Bae Yong Joon stayed in the top spot for many years. Specially, if you want to stay in business.

Reporter Jung Jaeuk jujung19@asiatoday.co.kr

Then in here, a fan account of their encounter with YJ and KHJ--although they didn't realize at once that it was KHJ who was with YJ at that time.  It was only later on when a picture of their autograph for the resto was posted online.

I just want to share my thoughts regarding the news on the idol group.  Although both parties (the idol group members and saseng fans) have their share of faults, i believe that the entertainers know for sure that being famous have its ugly side.  Entering the entertainment industry means your private life will be followed and scrutinized.  I'm just thinking, wow, this idols are famous but not as famous as the ones in hollywood and yet, they are already acting this way. <_<   <_<  

I mean just look at the net and see how Robert Pattinson is being followed, tweeted, photographed and with all the paps on his tail everytime.  And yet this guy is known to be very sweet to his fans.  Some may say that Asians are different from Americans or Europeans.

Okay, then let's discuss BYJ--he is after all Asian.  But look at how gracefully he handled his fame then and now.  He was after all the first ever Korean entertainer that the world noticed and admired.  It started with him.  So pressures from all sides were on him.  But how did he remain humble and sweet and kind to his fans?  Can anyone compare the attention he got then to what the entertainers are getting now?  :huh:  I don't think so.  ;)   Definitely not!  

he he he. :lol: sis Cecille, our KING knows how to handle the pressures of fame very well without losing composure. even how much fans/paparazzis can get annoying sometimes. you know, taking pictures here and there, tailing him everywhere he goes and monitoring his every move (like a CCTV camera), he still never fails to treat them nicely and with respect. this is one of the reasons why he is loved so much by us, his fans, and also earned admirations from non-fans. i remember reading an article during his 2004 Japan visit when his manager pushes a fan a little who tried to shook hands with him, he said "don't push the fans./don't use force on the fans." you can read the article here. how can you not love and admire such a person, ey? ^_^ our KING is indeed a remarkable person and one of a kind. ^_^

Guest iluvugudbye

March 7, 2012

Why are Actor Agencies Going the Idol Way?

thanks for sharing this news sis. it's seems everyone is going for the Kpop market. it's good that our KING's agency is venturing out into the music industry. i wish them the best of luck and success. blush.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh! will be transferring these here again. please continue to vote for him, ok? blush.gif

http://worldtv.main.jp/kstar_en.html

http://kaigoya.sakur...t=vote3&show=10

http://www.ttpaihang....php?voteid=824

Guest iluvugudbye

saw this news on Nate.

htm_20120308111018c010c011.jpg

-꼭 초대하고 싶은 스타는.

"배용준씨 정말 보고 싶다. '욘사마'에 가려진 인간적인  면모를 파헤치고 싶다. 또 보기 힘든 심은하 언니도. 한석규 오빠는 나름 인연이 있어서 꼭 만나면 좋겠다. 14년 전 '이소라  프로포즈'로 내가 방송 데뷔를 했는데 그때 처음 만난 게스트가 한석규 씨였다. "

nothing special actually. the lady MC above just wanna invite our KING  to her talk show "Oh! Happy Day" and discover more about the real Yonsama (hidden persona  perhaps? :huh: ).

Guest iluvugudbye

got these old pics from Baidu taken during his filming of his debut drama love's greeting.

such a cutie...... pie.....:wub: :wub:

yj18.jpg

yj19.jpg

yj4.jpg

yj3.jpg

yj2.jpg

yj1.jpg

yj6.jpg

yj5.jpg

to whoever owns these pics, much thanks. blush.gif

Guest iluvugudbye

got this news from Nate.

한류스타 배용준, 성북구 홍보대사되나

지난 연말 강남서 성북구 성북동 이사와 지역 발전 위한 모종 역할할 것으로 보여

ae_1331270821_-1536053365_0.jpg

[아시아경제 박종일 기자]한류 스타 배용준이 성북구 홍보대사로서 역할을 할 것으로 보여 주목된다.

지난 연말 성북구 성북동으로 이사한 한류 스타 배용준은 최근 김영배 성북구청장과 만나 지역 발전을 위한 역할을 할 뜻을 나눈 것으로 알려졌다.

강남구에서 성북구 성북동으로 이사온 배용준은 한류스타답게 각종 행사에서 성북구 홍보대사 역할을 할 것으로 보인다.

특히 성북구 성북동에는 외국대사관저가 많아 배용준이 한류 브랜드를 전파하는데 더 없이 좋은 탤런트가 될 것으로 전망된다.

성북구 관계자는 9일 "아직 탤런트 배용준씨가 성북구 홍보대사로 나서겠다는 구체적인 약속은 없었지만 성북구 발전을 위해 모종의 역할을 하게 될 것으로 본다"고 말했다.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im not sure what the whole article is about but what i've understood from google's translation is that our KING is going to be or chosen to be the ambassador for Seongbuk-gu? although our KING still has not made any promises/ concrete commitment but he will have/he is willing to take part or play a role in the the development (or promotion) of  Seongbuk-gu? sorry not sure. ali_067.gif here's google's translation of the article:

Hallyu star Bae Yong Jun, Seongbuk shown to play a role as ambassador is noteworthy.

By the end of last year, Seongbuk-gu Seongbuk Hallyu star Bae Yong moved to meet the recent Regional Development Authority chairman, Seongbuk Linkages to act as a means for dividing known.

Seongbuk-gu, Gangnam-gu, Seongbuk from each of Hallyu star Bae moved to the events in the Seongbuk ambassador appears to play a role.

In particular, many low-cost foreign embassies in Seongbuk-gu Seongbuk Bae Wave is a great talent to spread the brand is expected to be.

9 days, Seongbuk official "yet, Mr. actor Bae Yong Joon, Seongbuk ambassador to stick up a concrete commitment to the development but Seongbuk be deemed some sort of role," he said.

pics from The Image

March 8, 2012

By tomato99 ♥ (much thanks.) :lol:

source: THE IMAGE, BYJ mobile site, LoveBaeYongJoon

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Thanks, Dam-su!  I love these pics of BYJ in the suit!   I'd never seen them before today.  Does anyone know if there is an English version 'The Image' and where I can get  it?  

I need this book in my life.   Thank you!

Guest iluvugudbye

Thanks, Dam-su!  I love these pics of BYJ in the suit!   I'd never seen them before today.  Does anyone know if there is an English version 'The Image' and where I can get  it?  

I need this book in my life.   Thank you!

hey carling. :lol: he he he. he's super hot in suit, isnt he? hopefully, our dear sis tomato will share some more. :wub:

as for the book, you can try checking out Yesasia (though i think it's out of print), AmazonJP, BOFI (if you understand japanese) and ebay (if they have).

also try this online shopping site AsianDB. but one thing dear, please be careful on buying goods online, ok? blush.gif

dear sisters, any other suggestions where carling can buy our KING's most memorable 'The Image' photobook? blush.gif

Guest iluvugudbye

here's another oldie but a goodie post. and i so agree with what she said about wuri Taewang. blush.gif

Bae Yong Joon; A Star Is Rising In The East

By Lin Lin

July 14, 2005

Many in the U.S. may yet to learn who he is, but the talented young man is a huge star in the entire South East Asia, more popular than Tom Cruise I would say. And his popularity even reaches county like Egypt, France, Canada, India and many other surprising places around world. Bae Yong Joon is his name, a 32-year-old South Korean actor; best know for his portrayal of a nearly perfect man in the hit TV drama series "Winter Sonata". He not only gives the character heart and soul; moreover, through his brilliant acting he shows the audiences what is true love and how to give love. Can you believe it, after "Winter Sonata" aired in Japan a couple years ago, the divorce rate in the country jumped double digits? (Damsu: geez! really?)The reason being, those housewives have enough of their insensitive husbands, they want someone better, like the character that Bae Yong Joon portraits in the series: an intelligent, handsome, caring, loving man, who is gentle, sincere and respectful towards the woman his loves. He would sacrifice his life for her and always puts her happiness before his own desire and needs. He loves with passion, and gives his love wholeheartedly and with such devotion that one may feel an incredible warm feeling even long after the series ended. Just who is this Bae Yong Joon anyway? I first read about him through newspapers a few years back. He is handsome, tall, wearing glasses. Well, I have to admit, not many people who would look nice with glasses, and he is an exception. There is something about him that is very eye catching. He gives you a comfortable warm feeling without even trying and that smile, hard to describe yet when you see him smile you too want to smile with him. There is a sense of freedom in him, a rare kind of purity shines through him as if he does not have a care in the world and he is above all material means. People love him for his caring manners, always polite, sincere and true to himself and others. He does not like to promote himself; maybe because he doesn't need to, his fans all around the world do it for him willingly and for free. He is all around a powerful man, yet you don't feel timid by him.(Damsu: soooo..... true! very well said.)

How can a single person change other people's opinion by mass? How can one man bring up the image of an entire country? Bae Yong Joon has just done that through his charisma, charm and loving nature. He treats himself and his work seriously and like to keep challenging himself and try out new things. He cares about others and calls his fans "Family" and when his "Family" needs him, he is always there to lend them support. He is not only a great actor with skills that should win him an Oscar, but also a kind and loving man in real life. He loves people, his country and his work. And so those hearts that are touched by him would learn to love what he loves and care what he cares. (Damsu:yes, yes! very true.)

Before I watch "Winter Sonata", I know so little of that country, their culture, nor do I even interested in it. And now I grow much respect for the land and its people. It is not just my opinion. Due to historical reasons, Korean people who live in Japan for many years have hard time to fit into their society, and they even afraid to tell anyone of their true blood lineage. But all change after Bae Yong Joon conquers that little island country. Koreans in Japan now can proudly announce who they are and receive warm reception in return. An old saying has that - there are only forever friends, but no forever enemies. If more people like him who willing to reach out and touch the soul of so many others, use his warmth and talent and loving nature as bridge, this world can be a better place for everyone.

source: uselessknowledge.com