Yoo Yeon Seok's Chil Bong-esque Pictorial Shoot for High Cut Magazine

Newsie

Following Jung Woo and Do Hee’s shoots for High Cut, its Yoo Yeon Seok’s turn to do a pictorial shoot with the fashion magazine.

Actor Yoo Yeon Seok spoke about his feelings on his “Reply 1994” character Chil Bong, “There’s a certain charm playing a character with an unrequited love. I wouldn’t mind doing it again.” Some may remember his villainous turns in "Architecture 101" and "Gu Family Book," but Yoo Yeon Seok has definitely gained a legion of female fans and a gentler image from playing Chil Bong, so it's not hard to see why he wouldn't want to try a similar role again.

In the interview, Yoo Yeon Seok mentioned that, “While working on ‘Reply 1994,’ I found that women pitied those who had one-side loves, and that it is possible to be attracted to someone who likes me more than to someone that I like.”

His shoulders became a topic recently. “I didn’t know my shoulders were broad enough to warrant such a response, but looking at screen captures, they do look kind of look wide. I trained hard for my role as a baseball player, and I think it helped my shoulders stand out more,” he explained.

Commenting on the scene containing Chil Bong’s famous line, “It’s not over till it’s over,” Yoo Yeon Seok said, “Usually baseball players don’t look at cameras when they’re doing an interview, but the director thought that Chil Bong was in a slightly different situation, so he suggested to me, ‘Look at the camera directly and talk like you’re speaking to Na Jung.’ I think the scene turned out well after it was edited from effectively using cuts from filming.”

In the released pictures for his High Cut shoot, Yoo Yeon Seok retains a romantic charisma as he poses at camping grounds in the mountains. Whether just listening to music or playing with a baseball, he perfectly recaptures Chil Bong’s auora in these pictures. 

Yoo Yeon Seok’s interview and pictorial is available in the December edition of High Cut. Beginning from December 24, unseen pictures from the pictorial as well as video footage will be available.

Yoo Yeon Seok for High Cut
Yoo Yeon Seok for High Cut

View the full article

Archived