Girls’ Generation’s YoonA to be Romanced by 20 Years Senior Lee Bum Soo for "Prime Minister and I"

It was previously reported that actor Lee Bum Soo and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA were positively reviewing the script for “Prime Minister and I.” Now, both sides have confirmed their participation to lead the drama.

On October 21, KBS side stated, “Both YoonA and Lee Bum Soo confirmed for ‘Prime Minister and I’ and filming will start at the end of October. Lee Bum Soo is forty-three years old while YoonA is twenty-three. Even though they have a twenty-year age gap, we’re expecting a different sort of chemistry [than the usual]. Also, YoonA’s acting transformation will be something to look forward to.”

Nicknamed the Korea’s version of “The Sound of Music,” “Prime Minister and I” will be a romantic comedy about a prime minister (played by Lee Bum Soo) and a young stepmother (played by YoonA), who will be like a miraculous Christmas present to the prime minister’s family. The fairytale like story will use the winter scenery as its backdrop. It is produced by YoonA's agency's subsidiary SM C&C.

“Prime Minister and I” is lined up to air in December on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10pm (KST) after “Future Choice” ends.

View the full article

Archived