"The Heirs" Writer Reveals Her Reason for Casting Kim Woo Bin

Kim Eun Sook, the writer for the upcoming drama "The Heirs," revealed her reason for casting the popular model-turned-actor, Kim Woo Bin.

On October 7, the press conference for the upcoming SBS drama, "The Heirs" was held in Seoul's Gangnam district. The cast members including Kim Woo Bin, Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Kang Min Hyuk, Krystal, Park Hyung Shik, Kim Ji Won, Kang Ha Neul, Jeon Soo Jin and the drama staff were present.

Main writer Kim Eun Sook commented, "There are definitely actors that I were cast with personal preference. In Kim Woo Bin's case, I worked with him during 'Gentleman's Dignity' and I realized he is a very good actor. So I wanted to work with him again."

Last year, Kim Woo Bin played the role of Kim Dong Hyub on "Gentleman's Dignity" and received a lot of love.

Kim Eun Sook continued, "We were also talking about teen trends and that led us to cast Kim Woo Bin. His drama right before was one where he wore a uniform so there were a few concerns. But I recommended him to the director and we came to a decision."

Kim Eun Sook also revealed that Choi Won Young was the first to be cast for "The Heirs."

Meanwhile, "The Heirs" is a romantic comedy that revolves around the lives of the wealthy youth. The pilot airs on October 9.

Check out some of the photos of Kim Woo Bin at the press conference!

Img0402_20131007175329_3Img0402_20131007175329_2Img0402_20131007175329_1Img0402_20131007174133_2

View the full article

Archived