[Gallery] What Did Gary, Jonghyun, Ailee, and Others Wish Upon a Shooting Star?

A meteor shower found its way in the skies of Korea in the early hours of August 13, leading many hopeful souls to look up and make a wish!

The peak of the Perseid meteor shower took place during the pre-dawn hours of August 13 and many celebrities such as SHINee's Jonghyun, BIGSTARGary, Rainbow's Jaekyung, and Yoo Seung Woo made wishes.

Flip through the gallery to see what wishes they made!

shooting star 2013_gary
Gary

On August 13, Gary tweeted, "I saw a shooting star. I made a wish. I wished that I would make 10 million dollars so I could make a crazy party culture for the young people."

A few hours later, Gary tweeted again that he was in the mountains. "I am in the mountains right now and there are so many stars in the sky. It's been a while since I've seen a night sky like this."

He finally left off with, "I saw 40 shooting stars."

Hopefully, your wish comes true, Gary!

shooting star 2013_shinee jonghyun

SHINee's Jonghyun

At first, Jonghyun was worried because he couldn't see anything in the sky. He tweeted, "Do you see the shooting stars? Why can't I see it? Are you invisible? Are you not falling yet?"

But to his delight, a few hours later, he tweeted, "I just saw a lot of shooting stars and got so excited that I woke up all the members kekeke. Everyone is so intrigued! Proud of myself. I made a wish!"

121211_Jaekyung

Rainbow's Jaekyung

At around 3AM, Jaekyung tweeted, "Oh oh oh oh!!! I saw a shooting star!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess Rainbow is gonna make it big now!!!!!!!!!!"

A few minutes later, she tweeted, "The back of my neck hurts but I feel so good. Night sky, thank you. For showing me the shooting stars!"

shooting star 2013_bigstar

BIGSTAR

BIGSTAR's official twitter posted, "There's gonna be a meteor shower for the first time in 130 years. Only Ones! We are watching from underneath the same sky, right? Let's pray that BIGSTAR and Only Ones can go to the top together~ BIGSTAR, Run & Run!"

Two photos of the handsome BIGSTAR members looking up in the sky were posted, making it seem like they were posing for a photo shoot!

shooting star 2013_aoa choa yookyung

AOA's Choa and Yookyung

On August 13, Choa and Yookyung revealed their new hairstyles while mentioning the shooting stars as well.

Choa tweeted through AOA's official twitter, "Hello everyone, this is Choa. Oh my! The shooting stars from last night have fallen on top of our heads! We are the blonde sisters of AOA! Everyone, it's really hot today but have a good day!"

yooseungwoo main

Yoo Seung Woo

The "Super Star K4" cutie Yoo Seung Woo tweeted, "This is what I see right now keke. I saw five shooting stars. The photo is black but actually, there are many stars."

Yoo Seung Woo tried to post a photo of the starry night sky but the photo turned out to be completely black!

snake ailee

Ailee

Divalicious Ailee tweeted on August 13, "Ah!!!! Daebak.... I just saw a shooting star but I forgot to make a wish T_T"

Then she continued, "Wow... it's so cool. I already saw five shooting stars but now it's pretty calm... I really want to see them fall all at once later... Battling against the mosquitoes... Oh and I'm in Seoul right now, I can see [the shooting stars]!!"

She later on tweeted, "But the stars fell so suddenly that they disappeared even before I could make a wish... When I see them fall all at once later, I might have to rap as I wish..."

Yoo Sae Yoon Main

Yoo Sae Yoon

Comedian Yoo Sae Yoon, who recently made his come back, shared a fond memory of watching a meteor shower in the past.

He posted on his me2day, "Shooting stars at 5AM. I would really like to see it. Right?"

He continued, "When I was serving in the military, I saw a lot of shooting stars before the day of a shooting competition. I wished that I would come in first place and the next day, I really did win so I got to go on a week long vacation."

He finished with, "I found out later that it was a historical meteor shower. So I want to see it today too. So my wish can come true."

yoon-jong-shin-to-leave-super-star-k_image

Yoon Jong Shin

The man of many talents, Yoon Jong Shin tweeted, "I'm out on the veranda to see the meteor shower. No matter how hard I think, I can't think of any other wish than for my kids to be healthy. This not-so-fun teacher is looking up at the sky..."

How sweet!

View the full article

Archived