[drama 2006] Cloud Stairway 구름계단

Guest xosandy

im so sad, this drama,i heard, was not nominated in any awards for the KBS awards.. or did i hear that right?? im really disappointed.. it shouldnt be based only on ratings or votes.. talent should also be taken note.

\

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deepblue

HJH gets nominated for the female netizen award.

this drama should've gotten more nominations with the quality, but kbs is a tv broadcasting company and it's not a surprise to see that ratings is taken seriously into consideration.

when the PD, the scriptwriter and actors decided not to raise ratings by using sudden tear-jerking plots, the result should had been within their expectation. i can imagine the big pressure they faced at that time. they chose to strictly stick to the theme and make the story complete. the ending is heart-warming with full happiness.

they totally kicked out this drama from ALL nominations!!! :( im really disappointed... HJH worked so hard fro this, yet they arent even recognized :( they could have won best couple at least.....

^^ yeh quite disappointing! i wish they at least got something for this work b/c this drama was really good! like snow queen the ratings aren't doing too good either i think (like 2-3% better than clouds ratings) b/c of Ju Mong right b/c Snow queen replaced Cloud Stairway?!! but yeh Hyunbin and Sung Yuri seems to be popular with the netizens...

Guest sleepysa

yea.. so disappointing that there wasn't even a mention abt sdw nominated in the awards... haiz..

i guess this kind of story isn't that appealing to the mass?

cos it's a different kind of love story... not those where they'll cry like crazy when they are separated, and not those where they have this promise all those kind...

it's like.. jong su and jung won have this telepathic connection between them.. even though they don't meet often, they understand each other... sth like that.. which is not like those other romantic shows we see often... also.. not many kissing scenes..

except, i was rather confused why jung won suddenly became different frm herself.. i think it was the 2nd last episode.. where she wanted to buy this children's ring... she suddenly acted so differently frm her usual.. she was like whining at jong su, to ask her to buy for him... jong su was surprised... even i was surprised. my friend who watches this as well, she was puzzled too. That change of temper was definitely weird..cos when jongsu said he's not buying for her, she just stormed off. I felt that it was kind of abrupt.

anyway, the ending was nice. except i had to see the same opening scene in ep 1. which i almost puked. haha. when i saw the bloody mess. i just covered my eyes. their son was kinda stiff. he wasn't even looking at his grandfather when he said yes. i think he was looking at his mom or sth. the only time he was comfortable in front of the camera was that time he played with jungwon.. i think ji hye and him were really playing. haha.

anyway, really enjoyed this show. at first, i watched it cos of ji hye. but then, when i saw shin dong wook. my attention was all over him. haha. he looks good with ji hye too. at the beginning i was like.. nah, i doubt they'll have that chemistry at all. in the end, i was rooting for jongsu and jungwon to be together, whereas my friend was like.. jongsu and yoon hee.

definitely looking fwd to both sdw's and hjh's future projects, be it if they might act together again or not. =)

Guest jc1976

i have just seen this drama...not too bad....the four leads were quite good....if only the english subtitles were spot on....for some reason the first 3 discs had perfect subtitles and then it went downhill from there....probably give it 7 out of 10.....the soundtrack is good.

Guest fashionista

i don't think ratings was all that important cuz snow queen's ratings is bad, yet, HB/SYR both were awarded. there were quite a few other actors/actresses who were in dramas with bad ratings who were awarded as well. furthermore, most kbs dramas had bad ratings in 2006. although i'm not a fan of anyone in this particular drama, i have to say, they did a pretty good job with the materials given to them. it's unfortunate they were snubbed.

Guest deepblue

it's disappointing Cloud Stairway didn't get any awards..

ratings of Ju Mong reflected this drama attracted the majority of korean tv audience. obviously MBC would be the winner. KBS understood it's hard for other dramas to have high ratings. the goal was to archieve and maintain not so low viewer ratings in this situation.

Cloud Stairway had saddening moments to move audience, but it's not a tear-jerking drama to cry the eyes out to draw tv audience attention and raise ratings. i'm thankful to the team for sticking to the theme under this big pressure.

Snow Queen was another drama suffered low ratings due to Ju Mong. however, fans of Hyun Bin and Sung Yuri were trying their best to give strong support to the drama, and series of news helped attract more attention. with those effort, Snow Queen got a relatively higher ratings.

Guest kdmv_addict

i'm currently watching dis dRama. I'm watching eps 8. so faR, i like dis drama so much. especially the connection between HJH-SDW.They doing weLL. I like dis dRama from the story line, the casts (esp. HJH & SDW), the songs, and so on. Of course i like most of all is its romantic scene between HJH-SDW :wub: . I even can't slept after i watch the scene where SDW kiss HJH in eps 2. I wish that was me :D

altough dis dRama doesn't receive any awards, dis drama is one of my favourite. i Won't forget dis dRama. even its had low rating, but for me that doesn't important. Good dRama doesn't mean must have high rating...

sorry if all of u can't understand my opinion. My english was so bad, but because i like dis drama so much, i want to shaRe it with others whose already watch and whose not yet watch dis, u must watch it....

once again, MIAN for my bad languange :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Guest deepblue

except, i was rather confused why jung won suddenly became different frm herself.. i think it was the 2nd last episode.. where she wanted to buy this children's ring... she suddenly acted so differently frm her usual.. she was like whining at jong su, to ask her to buy for him... jong su was surprised... even i was surprised. my friend who watches this as well, she was puzzled too. That change of temper was definitely weird..cos when jongsu said he's not buying for her, she just stormed off. I felt that it was kind of abrupt.

Jong-soo and Jung-won were escaping from the people sent by Jung-won's father. they both knew they had to go back and face the problem. but what would Jung-won's father do then? :unsure:

their unknown destiny made Jung-won need a kind of engagement before going back and thus she so eagerly asked Jong-soo to buy the ring.

Guest Clouds~*

Just finished this drama...so nice~~~

I love HJH very much...she is so cute~~

But the end a bit blur for me is what is the thing that Jung WOn's father said he haven't finish something,so he can't die yet..

Anyway..i really like this drama..

maybe his father's 'unfinished' business is accepting jungsoo in the family... forgiving him and welcoming him into the family.. also bringing jungwon and her mom close again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The reason why Jeong won got mad that Jong su didnt buy her the ring was because that he promised her that he would buy her anything she wants ( they were talking about that when Jeong won was cooking for him). But thats my opinion though. Hehe. I love this drama. Im currently watching it..its got me addicted to it. I love it coz its different and yeah Jong su is so hawt! haha..his such a charming character. When he smiles, you cant help but smile back! I wish there was a doctor like him. :blush:

And yeah its strange how they both fell for each other right away. But it makes them look good!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stephypham

i`m on episode 12 =) it`s not that bad, more like a little bit than ' okay '. i`m a big fan of han ji hye ;D she`s so preeety ! anyways, my opinion, it was averagee. they didn`t get nominated?! aw :[ i`m going to continue this drama & see if it`ll work out for me :]

Guest shorty_babygurl03

i watched this drama! and i love it! too bad they didnt give it the credit it deserves!

Guest innocia

from what you guys said, this drama seems pretty good, especially the ending ^^.

im gonna start watching it.

&han ji hye is so pretty!

Guest ovette

it's a good drama..

i really liked it. the plot and the tension. and JiHye and DongWook was just perfect for each other.

the ending was good too.. it was sweet. :)

i was also disapponted coz of the response of the audience. it was well-written but not well-appreciated. it wasnt even nominated in any KBS award!

Archived