Seo In Young Is Nervous About Her Comeback Because of Lee Hyori

With a comeback ahead of her, singer Seo In Young expressed her gratitude toward her seniors by saying, "I was able to gain more strength with the help of seniors Lee Hyori and Baek Ji Young."

On May 14, Seo In Young held a showcase and press conference for her new mini-album "Forever Young." Putting aside the flashy image and performances, Seo In Young will be returning after a seven month hiatus with an acoustic ballad.

Seo In Young has left her former agency Star Empire, in which she was part of for 10 years and has created her own company. She showed strong will to show more of her singing career. Her title track for the upcoming album "Let's Break Up" highlights Seo In Young's talent and vocal skills.

After singing "Let's Break Up," Seo In Young stated, "While I was working on 'Let's Break Up,' a lot of people told me that it's really sad. There were many who even cried. I was really worried that I might mess up because of my emotions while singing live. But thankfully, I think I did okay."

She continued, "I'm not really the type that gets nervous but these days, I am. I think it's because of the pressure that I have to do well. A lot of my junior singers released new music in May and especially due to Hyori unni, I am feeling pressured," and "I want to hold a friendly competition with them."

She added, "Many ask me why I chose a sad song for a May release. For me personally, the seasons and the song mood never matched," and "I received a lot of help from those around me. Park Sun Joo unni's advice and Baek Ji Young unni's support were very helpful. They were really a big strength to me."

Finally, Seo In Young stated, "I released singles and albums that weren't promoted. So it will be the first time in a while that I will do promotions for this coming album. I do have pressure about the song but this time, I want to be forward with my promotions as well."

Seo In Young's new album, "Forever Young" will be released on May 15 and will contain tracks such as "Let's Break Up," "I Want You Back," "Anymore," "Letter," and "Let's Dance."

Meanwhile, check out the photos from Seo In Young's press conference and this practice video of Seo In Young singing "Let's Break Up."

View the full article

Archived