Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

@chrrykssd that's the spirit my fellow intrepid Joo Hyuk fan B) let's show tvN that we are fearless when it comes to Joo Hyuk's any form of skinship :lol: we will not be deterred nor cowered if ever they show much intimacy in whatever form :rolleyes: in fact, we will welcome it with open arms a.k.a. blushing cheeks :lol: and give them our 101% support without any qualms whatsoever!! And so we chant "bring it on tvN"!! :lol: :D

LOL, and after much ado about skinship, we will probably get only a few kisses here and there with nothing much to shout about :lol: I sincerely hope not!!

About Joo Hyuk's Busan accent, I would love to think that he used his real accent in Surpus Princess. He was just too adorable with that accent :wub: I got this excerpt from his August 2015 Singles Interview (posted in page 16 of this thread) and talked a bit about his accent ~~~~

Excerpt from Singles interview August 2015 >>>

"Different from his looks which is like sweetest, he expresses his love playing tricks on his girlfriend. He is a typical blunt Busan guy. He was the same when he explained why he moved out from his parents' house 8 months ago. He expressed parents' house 'that house' just like someone else's house.
"If I kept living in that house, I thought I would never speak in standard accent. So I moved out quickly. (laughs) Parents speak in dialect, so I follow their accent. Even now, every time I speak in standard accent, I filter words in my brain then speak out. That's why I look dull."
Instead of saying 'Did you have meal?', he omitted verb and just said, 'Meal?' Although he is speaking in standard accent due to his work, his Busan accent is attractive, just like his 'that house' where will be filled with Busan accent." >>>>>

Guys, what is a typical blunt Busan guy?? Someone who is manly, reserved, distant? Gong Yoo was also born in Busan and I'm trying to see any similarities with Joo Hyuk considering the stereotypes they tend to describe Busan men. What i see in Joo Hyuk is him being a bit distant and reserved tho he is playful with his friends.

@moella I have read somewhere that Busan guys are blunt that they say what's on their minds. You may notice during Joo Hyuk's earlier interviews that he is very straight to the point. At one interview he even mentioned that the first dentist made a mistake in fixing his teeth then towards the end of the interview he asked the interviewer not to publish the name of the dentist haha i think he mentioned the name accidentally.

@chrrykssd i loved his accent in surplus princess, at first i thought it was odd then realized it suited his character well. They even joked about it in the drama, someone said he looked like a city guy until he starts talking with a dialect. 

• Like 1

^where can we watch full episodes of 3MAD Gochang with English subtitles? It's nice to see these guys all dressed down and dirty, cooking and doing all kinds of domestic stuff. They seem to be eating a lot in every episode too :lol: 

2 teasers from YT >>>

Joo Hyuk can correctly guess the weight of grapes!! How?? ---

And of course the abs :wink: ---

3 minutes ago, ilove7 said:

@moella i sent the link in your PM. The abs scene was funny! Hae jin teased him and said he doesn't have enough muscles in his body. :lol:

Thanks so much! Will check it out later. Oh can't wait for the fun part!! 

Hello been gone yesterday. We won't know for sure if we're seeing photos of just 1 filming day or he really just wears the same suit in every scene :lol:

@chrrykssd winter is  chasing the ducks all the time and it's really funny. Those ducks also love the sound of the water coming from the faucet, there's this funny scene where joo hyuk was washing the dishes and the ducks came running to him when they heard the water. 

@moella i hope you enjoy 3MAD I find it really fun and entertaining. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ilove7 said:

Hello been gone yesterday. We won't know for sure if we're seeing photos of just 1 filming day or he really just wears the same suit in every scene :lol:

@chrrykssd winter is  chasing the ducks all the time and it's really funny. Those ducks also love the sound of the water coming from the faucet, there's this funny scene where joo hyuk was washing the dishes and the ducks came running to him when they heard the water. 

@moella i hope you enjoy 3MAD I find it really fun and entertaining. 

I watched epi 1 last night, quite long but enjoyable! Joo Hyuk is so cute being awkward and shy with his seniors and the food!! Made me quite hungry while watching. It was a beautiful rustic place, so lush and made me long for the provincial life :)

7 minutes ago, moella said:

I watched epi 1 last night, quite long but enjoyable! Joo Hyuk is so cute being awkward and shy with his seniors and the food!! Made me quite hungry while watching. It was a beautiful rustic place, so lush and made me long for the provincial life :)

Episodes are long! I thought at first I won't last and get bored but I kept on watching without realizing i finished the whole hour long episode. Joo hyuk was very awkward during the first episode it was cute. Chajumma treats them like his children. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ilove7 said:

Episodes are long! I thought at first I won't last and get bored but I kept on watching without realizing i finished the whole hour long episode. Joo hyuk was very awkward during the first episode it was cute. Chajumma treats them like his children. 

Chajumma is so sweet. His kids are his priorities haha! Yu Haejin seem like a warm person and can't wait to watch more of his interactions with NJH . Ho Joon is sweet too, fun to watch them putting back pain patches(?) to each other before going to sleep. So brotherly. Joo hyuk  must have enjoyed that series, being an only child he experienced the company of older brothers!

• Like 1

Excerpt from Joo Hyuk's interview for the April 2017 issue of Beauty Plus Magazine . Translation by @swagrimlee_ from IG 

......"draws illustrations is my hobby. It is the key to relieving internal stress and improving the quality of life." 

IMG_0175.png

• Like 2

@moella hyung's revenge is very much welcome! Would love to see joo hyuk sleep and snore too. I'd me smiling if ibwere the manager too. :D

@chrrykssd i loved watching them eat too! And variety shows appear less scripted as dramas so we get to see how they really are as opposed to portraying a character. Joo hyuk mentioned in an interview that he likes watching variety shows and enjoys the gag but he can be awkward in front of the seniors because he doesn't know what to say.