Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

Premiere Watch: Bride of the Water God 2017

IMG_0518.jpg

Time slot: Monday & Tuesday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Fantasy, manhwa adaptation
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watchBride of the Water God 2017 is taking an interesting approach by making its drama adaptation a spinoff set in 2017 rather than staying faithful to the historical setting of the original work, and the thing I’m most curious about is how this modern-day version will put its own spin on the beloved historical fantasy manhwa. Frankly there’s no better writer for the job than Jung Yoon-jung, who adapted Misaeng for television and also penned the fantasy historical drama Arang and the Magistrate, full of otherworldly realms and capricious gods. Combined with a stylish directorial flair from PD Kim Byung-soo (Bubblegum, Three Musketeers, Nine, Queen In-hyun’s Man), I expect the mythology and world-building to be done well.

Nam Joo-hyuk stars as a water god named Habaek who finds his bride in 2017, and more than the romance, I’m looking forward to the fish-out-of-water antics from the mighty water god who can’t seem to navigate his way around newfangled gadgets and busy city life. Despite the fact that he refers to his bride, Shin Se-kyung, as his “servant,” she assumes he has mental issues and seems to pity him. It’s reminiscent of the relationship in Rooftop Prince, where the hero is an imperious Joseon prince who becomes a useless baby when he time-travels to the present day, so that’s a reversal I will enjoy immensely. I guess I just like my gods brought down to earth and made human, warts and all.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/premiere-watch-bride-of-the-water-god-2017/

• Like 1

So happy for NJH and SSK and the rest of the cast and crew that the pilot episode did well! Still have not seen episode 1 and will wait for tonight's episode but it looks so much fun!

episode 2 preview

oh and they just had their first kiss in episode 1 :wub:

IMG_0535.png

IMG_0537.jpg

New still!

IMG_0538.jpg

• Like 1

Nam Joo Hyuk will be appearing in his very first movie!

On July 4, YG Entertainment confirmed the news that the actor will be joining Jo In Sungand AOA’s Seolhyun in the upcoming movie “Ansi Fortress” (working title).

“Ansi Fortress” is a historical film that follows the 88-day battle between Yang Manchun (with the Goguryeo army) against the invasion of 500 thousand Tang Dynasty troops who tried to capture Ansi fortress.

Jo In Sung will be playing the role of General Yang Manchun, Seolhyun will be playing his younger sister, and Nam Joo Hyuk’s character will be helping out General Yang Manchun.

Are you excited to see Nam Joo Hyuk, Jo In Sung, and Seolhyun all in one film?

• Like 1

I still have not seen the first 2 episodes so I can't give any initial review but I guess a lot of the original manhwa fans are still a bit salty about the drama. It's a spin off not an adaptation but some of these fans still insist that it was all wrong how they "adapted" the manhwa :mellow: As I have mentioned before I still consider NJH a work in progress but then again, his haters and fans of some actors (those who hoped their fave got Habaek role) are having a field day critiquing or to put it bluntly lambasting his acting. So what else is new? I just hope that acting aside, which I hope will be redeemed later,  the drama will be able to sustain the interest of the viewing public. It looks light and fun and romantic series, just what you need to help unwind after a tiring day. Hoping all the best for NJH and SSK!!