Guest jasonyc

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest angelzstar

yay! This thread is back!

I have two questions:

1. How do you make those dotted border (those round dots, not those dash kinds)?

2. How do you make those dissolved borders?

Thanks a lot! :lol:

Guest Muddie Murda

The idea behind creating animated GIFs is that you should create the completed image fully in Photoshop.

With one catch.

Any element of the graphic that you want to animate (blinking dots/appearing and disappearing letters/fade in fade out) should all be placed on its own layer.

Then you open that file in ImageReady (there's a button on the bottom of the Photoshop toolbar for quick transitions between the two programs), and create the 'key frames' of the animation by turning those layers on or off in the layers palette in a new frame.

All of this might sound complicated. It's not.

It can be very very time consuming, however.

This is where someone else steps in, and saves me from having to make a blinkie tutorial.

Muddie?

jeNn?

Anyone?

:lol: I do'nt work w/ imageready when it comes to blinkies. Therefore, I've forced Alicee to do so...since she works w/ image ready. :D ALICEE?

Guest jasonyc

yay! This thread is back!

I have two questions:

1. How do you make those dotted border (those round dots, not those dash kinds)?

2. How do you make those dissolved borders?

Thanks a lot! :lol:

dottedlinetut.jpg

Dissolved Borders?

Guest AkuRoku

CAn someone please tell me how to make pictures better quality or look more professional? I remembered someone posted a tut about it..Thanks ^^

Guest jasonyc

CAn someone please tell me how to make pictures better quality or look more professional? I remembered someone posted a tut about it..Thanks ^^

You'll need to be a bit more specific about what you want to learn about Photoshop.

The terms 'quality' and 'professional' are far too subjective (to whoever happens to be looking at the photo), and have many different standards depending on what the image is going to be used for.

Photo retouching can be anything from simple one-two step color/level adjustments to far more involved 100+ step blemish removal and body resculpting.

Perhaps if you post the image you want to 'touch up', I or one of our other members can walk you through a 'What might look better' tutorial.

Guest Saranghae012

oh yeah to answer that Q for the something i didn't say thing, all of it is written with times new roman just to finalize that lol

-Chelly*

Guest AkuRoku

You'll need to be a bit more specific about what you want to learn about Photoshop.

The terms 'quality' and 'professional' are far too subjective (to whoever happens to be looking at the photo), and have many different standards depending on what the image is going to be used for.

Photo retouching can be anything from simple one-two step color/level adjustments to far more involved 100+ step blemish removal and body resculpting.

Perhaps if you post the image you want to 'touch up', I or one of our other members can walk you through a 'What might look better' tutorial.

Like this ex-softener-redhead.jpg

To make it look "softer" I guess? o__o Sorry I don't know how to describe it xD;

^ There are many ways to make it look 'softer'.

One, you can duplicate the layer, use gaussian blur and change the blend mode. That's a real quick, easy way to do it. jasonyc has a good tutorial on that.

I don't know if you ever saw my past avatar, but that was an example of the above method. Only I did a little bit more, like fixing up blemishes, making my chin pointier and getting rid of bags under my eyes. (shh, no one is meant to know!)

There ARE other ways. I just can't think of a simple one.

Oh yeah, is someone making a blinkie tutorial? If not, I can help... Or try to.

Guest AkuRoku

^ There are many ways to make it look 'softer'.

One, you can duplicate the layer, use gaussian blur and change the blend mode. That's a real quick, easy way to do it. jasonyc has a good tutorial on that.

lol thanks!! That's what I was looking for xD

Archived