Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest Tailo

Tailo,thx for ur answer but I confused sth.

Do I need a dashed line brush?

If so where can I get it?

Can I create myself how?

106. Creating Dashed Lines Using the Brush Tool by Tailo

I think I already gave you that link before. It only takes a minute or two to actually make the dashed-line brush.

Thnx for the explanations <33.

so basically pen tool is sort of like..connect the dots? O__o

lmao, Kula_x <3

Yes and no. The simple use of the Pen tool is for creating work paths and shapes. When you simply click and make anchor points, then, yes, it's just like connect the dots. The same effect can be done using the Line Tool. If you click+drag, it'll give you curved anchor points, which is more complicated, but it can give you a more accurate shape.

The pen tool can also make filled layers and shape layers. Once you make a work path, you can save it for later use. Using the polygon tools can also make work paths in set shapes. And, work paths are the start of vector images, in addition to being able to make selections.

@asianrice The only thing I can think of now is to mess with the color profiles on PS, which I'm not too sure how to do. Maybe Jason can shed some light on the redding issue.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest t.luu

For Muddie Murda's tutorial on how to make video .gifs,

I can't seem to find an encoder that works to convert my file to AVI

Help?? ^^;;

Guest Tailo

For Muddie Murda's tutorial on how to make video .gifs,

I can't seem to find an encoder that works to convert my file to AVI

Help?? ^^;;

Try the Super© program on the pinned thread: Converting YouTube videos.... It supposedly converts almost any video format and is free.

Guest minwoo012

detagging an image is difficult

basically you use the healing tool and the clone tool

ummm.. i'll post a tutorial in a bit NVM TOO HARD [for that image x]

FYI the picture of FT island, taht one in particular is gonna be extremly difficult..maybe cause im still noob..but that will take some time! and once you get use to the clone and heal tool you'll understand why

edit//

if it helps this is how far i got before i gave up...

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9176/untitled1kl9.jpg

i could have done a bit better..but it was a matter of..do i really wanna spend THAT much time on it?

Guest Tailo

^ I was thinking of attempting it, but I noticed that too. There are too many things covered, including someone's thumb.

Guest huunna

^ Which part of the image are you talking about? That "vector" look? Because you didn't say...

The vector and the background look.

Guest j o y spill!&;

Sorry if this was asked before but, when I'm making gifs. in Imageready, I set the frames however much apart (like 0.5 second etc.) .

And when I preview it it's fine, but when I save it optimized and then look at it from off my desktop; it goes way faster than I have it in Imageready.

I never use Imageready much so I don't know about certain settings.

Thanks in advance.

Guest milk tea!

detagging an image is difficult

basically you use the healing tool and the clone tool

ummm.. i'll post a tutorial in a bit NVM TOO HARD [for that image x]

FYI the picture of FT island, taht one in particular is gonna be extremly difficult..maybe cause im still noob..but that will take some time! and once you get use to the clone and heal tool you'll understand why

edit//

if it helps this is how far i got before i gave up...

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9176/untitled1kl9.jpg

i could have done a bit better..but it was a matter of..do i really wanna spend THAT much time on it?

Ohh I see. Thank you for trying! I'll try to attempt the rest myself ^^

Guest t.luu

Try the Super© program on the pinned thread: Converting YouTube videos.... It supposedly converts almost any video format and is free.

Yeah, I have that and I tried using that but once I opened my AVI file in Imageready and played it, it was just a white background and that's it =\

Guest Tailo

Sorry if this was asked before but, when I'm making gifs. in Imageready, I set the frames however much apart (like 0.5 second etc.) .

And when I preview it it's fine, but when I save it optimized and then look at it from off my desktop; it goes way faster than I have it in Imageready.

I never use Imageready much so I don't know about certain settings.

Thanks in advance.

In ImageReady, it takes up memory when you have the Animation palette/window open, which, in turn, slows down the actual animation. When making a GIF, press play, then collapse the Animation window by pressing on the minus (-). You can then view it in the right timing. (To stop play, you can restore the Animation window by pressing the box and then press stop.) I don't know what the buttons are on the Mac version.

Yeah, I have that and I tried using that but once I opened my AVI file in Imageready and played it, it was just a white background and that's it =\

Um, sorry then. I'm not sure about converters.

@huunna Do you mean just cropping? First, go to Image > Rotate Canvas, to make your image sideways. Then use the Crop Tool (keyboard shortcut C). Set the output dimensions and resolution as you want (or not).

Line Art Tutorial:

From this to this

Note: Its hideous, i know, i did it in 5 mins.

pentoolqt8.jpg

Credit: *acaraluv @ Deviantart

1. Open your image and make a new layer on top (Ctrl + J)

2. Zoom into the image as much as you need and start to trace around the outline, just as the image about states. Once you're done tracing that particular part press: Ctrl + anywhere on the canvas and then start on your next line. It'll look something like this

3. Once you finish tracing the whole image repeat the step above: Ctrl + anywhere on the canvas

4. Go to your paintbrush tool and select a size 3px Solid Round Brush. Click the pen tool again > Right Click > Stroke Path > Set to Brush. Make sure Simulate pressure is checked! Then click okay.

5. Repeat step four but select a size 2px Solid Round Brush

6. Repeat step four but select a size 1px Solid Round Brush. But make sure Simulate Pressue is unchecked!

And thats pretty much it.

Other examples: jarediu4.jpg

--Kathy

Guest _KojiWay

^Heyyy, I made that!

Ahaha, anyways, I think I set a dark blue layer to exclusion

then I put another light tannish color layer to multiply.

And then mess around with the opacity.

I think it should work. Maybe.

Guest danceplaylove

Line Art Tutorial:

From this to this

Note: Its hideous, i know, i did it in 5 mins.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2450/pentoolqt8.jp

Credit: *acaraluv @ Deviantart

1. Open your image and make a new layer on top (Ctrl + J)

2. Zoom into the image as much as you need and start to trace around the outline, just as the image about states. Once you're done tracing that particular part press: Ctrl + anywhere on the canvas and then start on your next line. It'll look something like this

3. Once you finish tracing the whole image repeat the step above: Ctrl + anywhere on the canvas

4. Go to your paintbrush tool and select a size 3px Solid Round Brush. Click the pen tool again > Right Click > Stroke Path > Set to Brush. Make sure Simulate pressure is checked! Then click okay.

5. Repeat step four but select a size 2px Solid Round Brush

6. Repeat step four but select a size 1px Solid Round Brush. But make sure Simulate Pressue is unchecked!

And thats pretty much it.

Other examples: %7Boption%7Dhttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3568/jarediu4.jpg[

--Kathy

Thanks Kathy! You solved my problem with the stoke. ^^

Guest loveu

^Heyyy, I made that!

Ahaha, anyways, I think I set a dark blue layer to exclusion

then I put another light tannish color layer to multiply.

And then mess around with the opacity.

I think it should work. Maybe.

Ahaha..I Know..

THANKS!..AHHA . Google didnt help much :/

Archived