Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest ayadaokin

the color layer is a texture picture.

basically you just drag that texture to the top of the stack of layers you're working on and set it to whatever blending mode you want...in the case you're talking about he set it to color.

here's the color texture CLICK HERE

helped alot. thanks alluree <3

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tailo

@Niko You can also make it yourself, if you want to customize the colors. Just use the Gradient tool, then click on the the gradient picker. You can customize the gradients with as many colors as you want and as varied a blending pattern.

Question: how do you get rid of the gray background when your background is a picture?

Here are my layers

http://www.soompi.com/forums/uploads/photo-144708.gif

Please help. Xd

If you only want to remove the Gray parts, select the layer you want to remove it from, then go to Select > Color Range. A window should pop up. Just click on the gray area (I think you'll be using some eyedrop tool), then click OK. Once the selection loads, you can just hit DELETE on your keyboard, and it should remove the gray areas. You can also check page 141 for tutorials on removing backgrounds / changing background colors, etc.

Note: My PS isn't on right now, so I'm not sure if this is correct. If it's not, I'll come back and edit. [EDIT] Okay, another way to select the gray areas is just to use your Magic Wand tool. Set the tolerance a little low if it's a solid color and no anomalies. The just press DELETE like above.

Guest Tailo

i had a question. I wanted to know how people did that glowy effect.. i'm pretty sure i knew how to do it before.. but being without ps for over 3 months i've forgotten everything <.< how do you get the similar effect here?

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4821/tweesacopydl7.jpg

If you check the first page, there's a tutorial by tru__minute on how to make dreamy images. It's #7.

Guest Tailo

^ The simplified way would probably be to play with the brightness/contrast. If I were to want to get it whiter, I'd create a new layer above the original and fill it with white. Then play with the blending options, or simply decrease the opacity. It'll work like a white lens filter on a camera.

Guest x3taeyeon

I don't know if anyone posted this and yeah...

I've checked all the pages, and can't find it.

l_e90a1b7f88f33bc6dc137bd0d93f34b7.jpg

Does anyone know how to like, do that.

Make the picture black&white and than have color somewhere like that?

Guest ayadaokin

thanks guys. i managed to blend 2 pics together, but not as it "should look like" but oh well i was satisfied with the outcome..lol

x3taeyeon: well heres a tutorial

selective coloring

but i dont know about you, i somewhat don't understand it. i haven't been able to do the color thing yet. i bet i'll get it all figured out though, im just a beginner of course.

i hope i helped though :]

Guest Aicila

Hmm... I asked this question a few days or weeks ago, but I didn't quite get the answers I wanted.

Or I just didn't understand them :P Well, I thought of a way to make my question clearer. So here

goes!

How do I take this person (Rainie Yang) out of the picture?

Here's link to picture:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/Aici...WhyWhyLove2.jpg

I don't need the background part, so I just want to "crop" her out and onto my sig or avater or whatever...

Guest anirin
^ All you have to do is click on the ">" arrow on the right corner of the pull down menu for brushes.. then click save brushes.

okay, i feel stupid =_=;;; lol. thanks so much ^_^

Guest deyanafu

Hi. Erm. Recently, I've been having trouble with my type tool in my photoshop.

When I type, there will be really small sized fonts like 1pt? Even if I change the

font or the size of it. It will still be the same. I can't type anymore.

Anyone can help?

Guest Tailo

Y'all should look closer at the index pages.

I don't know if anyone posted this and yeah...

I've checked all the pages, and can't find it.

http://a208.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...bd0d93f34b7.jpg

Does anyone know how to like, do that.

Make the picture black&white and than have color somewhere like that?

If his shirt was originally that color to begin with, use these:

60. “Gray Scale” (Making the Background Black & White) by V A L XD

107. Desaturating the Background by allureex3

Hmm... I asked this question a few days or weeks ago, but I didn't quite get the answers I wanted.

Or I just didn't understand them :P Well, I thought of a way to make my question clearer. So here

goes!

How do I take this person (Rainie Yang) out of the picture?

Here's link to picture:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k64/Aici...WhyWhyLove2.jpg

I don't need the background part, so I just want to "crop" her out and onto my sig or avater or whatever...

78. Deleting the Background Using Extract by syunikiss

105. Making the Background Turn White by Tailo

On Tutorial 105, just don't follow the last few steps.

Guest lucky*13

If you only want to remove the Gray parts, select the layer you want to remove it from, then go to Select > Color Range. A window should pop up. Just click on the gray area (I think you'll be using some eyedrop tool), then click OK. Once the selection loads, you can just hit DELETE on your keyboard, and it should remove the gray areas. You can also check page 141 for tutorials on removing backgrounds / changing background colors, etc.

Note: My PS isn't on right now, so I'm not sure if this is correct. If it's not, I'll come back and edit. [EDIT] Okay, another way to select the gray areas is just to use your Magic Wand tool. Set the tolerance a little low if it's a solid color and no anomalies. The just press DELETE like above.

I tried that, but it didn't work.

But my problem is solved anyway.

I went to General Preferences > Transparency & Gaumet

Then I deselected the Use alpha video (requires hardware support)

It's okay that I deselected right? It doesn't matter if I deselect that right?

thanks.

``christyy. (:

Guest V A L XD

My photoshop is making me mad...I don't think it has a blending option. I have a old verison but I'm gonna upgrade soon...but for now, i want to do the glowing effect that Muddie made but when I right click, it doesn't show the option. :[

Guest Tailo

I tried that, but it didn't work.

But my problem is solved anyway.

I went to General Preferences > Transparency & Gaumet

Then I deselected the Use alpha video (requires hardware support)

It's okay that I deselected right? It doesn't matter if I deselect that right?

thanks.

``christyy. (:

You should be fine once you save your output image. You can turn it back on later if you notice any weird behaviors.

My photoshop is making me mad...I don't think it has a blending option. I have a old verison but I'm gonna upgrade soon...but for now, i want to do the glowing effect that Muddie made but when I right click, it doesn't show the option. :[

What version PS are you running? Seems like Muddie Murda is running CS. I'm on PS 7.0, and rather than right-clicking (which also works), I just double-click on the right side of the layer (in layer palette). The Blending Options window should pop up. If it's a much older PS, then I'm not too sure if it has it. Try checking under Layer on the top toolbar to see if it's there. If you have access to your help file, search for it too.

okay this is a TOTAL NOOB QUESTION.

but once ur done making ur masterpiece, how do u upload it to a link.

photobucket dusnt work cause it dusnt accept photoshop files.

do u convert the file or what?

cause i print screen, crop it to paint and save it ther to upload them.

Guest allureex3
okay this is a TOTAL NOOB QUESTION.

but once ur done making ur masterpiece, how do u upload it to a link.

photobucket dusnt work cause it dusnt accept photoshop files.

do u convert the file or what?

cause i print screen, crop it to paint and save it ther to upload them.

what extension file did you save your work as?

like for example: .jpg, .gif, .png??

you go to FILE - SAVE FOR WEB ... to the far RIGHT you look under SETTINGS and pick whichever you want such as .jpg or .png. normally i do .png bc it has the best quality.

then you could go to photobucket or any other hosts to upload.

i use -

Guest Aicila
78. Deleting the Background Using Extract by syunikiss

105. Making the Background Turn White by Tailo

On Tutorial 105, just don't follow the last few steps.

Thanks! Now I got a new problem. I used the "Making the Background Turn White" Tutorial thing

and I finished my work path stuff. I was supposed to create a selection, but I have no idea how

to. I know there's this icon called path selection tool, but I dont know how to use it. :\ sorry

for asking so many questions o_o

Guest Tailo
Thanks! Now I got a new problem. I used the "Making the Background Turn White" Tutorial thing

and I finished my work path stuff. I was supposed to create a selection, but I have no idea how

to. I know there's this icon called path selection tool, but I dont know how to use it. :\ sorry

for asking so many questions o_o

It's okay that you're asking questions. It's how people learn.

To make a Work Path into a selection, go to the Paths Palette. (Click on Paths, next to Layers and Channels, or go to Window > Paths). Click on your Work Path. On the bottom toolbar of the palette, click on the third icon (light-grey circle). It should say "Load path as selection." That should do it.

Another way is to go to the Paths palette (as above) and RIGHT-CLICK on your Work Path. Then, choose "Make Selection..." Set your feather low for crisper edges (from 0.5 to say 2.0 pixels depending on your resolution). Click OK.

Archived