Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mayo
^you can draw the tape easily with the pen tool.

yeah true, but it looks like theres an effect with the tape that makes the part that the tape covers transluecent.

^Thanks for the filter things~~

But can you teach me the exact way to filter?

Is it like put another texture on top of a picture and make the texture into overlay/soft light/lighten..etc...?

And another question........about blinkies......

how do you do that with using Imageready and photoshop only?

Because i only have both of that~~

--Caroline

You're great!!....always seeing you in stock pictures,providing stocks for soompiers^^

I browsed that thread until page 99 already= =a hard work~

Guest xiaochingu.
可愛-文文: mm for cameras, I work in the manual mode rather than auto. There you can set the type of lighting you're under such as fluorescent or incandescent, the sun, at night, and such. But other than that you can probably fix up the photos in photoshop, with hue/saturation.

thanx so much for ur help!

Guest espèce*

I have PS CS3 Extended...it uses 375mb

as comapred to CS2 which used about 200mb..for me

it does run faster though

and the format is simple, but more customizable

although, I like the Cs2 icons more than Cs3...

the ps cs3 icons just look..boring..>.<

as far as options/tools go..not that much change, but a lot of fancy stuff that sounds cool, but I dont really use..like video stuff..and ehhh

I agree with you: the design of CS3 Extended is so ugly. URG!

is there any tut on adding final touches after blending the photos? after blending, i just dont know what other effects i can put ..

You can always use stocks to do make the poster looking more appealing. Erase and changing blending options are the ways.

my final touch is always adjusting the color and contrast.

- apoptos dolor

Guest t.luu

How do you make a picture look cut it a choppy way? Like, the outline of it?

Like the two characters in the background of this picture.

shutupposter2sz1.png

Credits bbylissa<3

And how do you get the pictures in the circles like that?

My experience; I'm a total newb ><;; Yeah, I can do basic blending and erasing [hehe x]] but as for erasing to get a certain shape I want, I can't do that :[

Guest angelic_betrayal

^^ To get that cut-out, you can simply use the polygonal lasso tool and cut out your picture... That's how I would do it. Then to add a border, double click on the layers window and another window will come up with a bunch of options. Look for the last tab to the left which will say "stroke." Select the color, thickness etc. && You'll have your pic and border... The way you cut the pic out is how it will come out "choppy."

To do the circles... you can use the ellipse tool and draw a circle. Then rasterize the layer [right click the layer in the layers window and select "rasterize layer"] and press control and click on the layer. Then go to Select ===> Modify ===> Contract. Then select how small you want the pic to fit in... Then say ok and paste your pic in... Sorry for being confusing... Haha, someone will probably make a tutorial with pictures for you...

Guest jikuhart89

can I ask how to blend ? Iused to use layer mask + gradient but when I wanna blend a complicated thing into the background , it doesn't work out ~_____~

can sb tell me another way to do it ?

thanks so much

Guest xcelestialx

You can always use stocks to do make the poster looking more appealing. Erase and changing blending options are the ways.

my final touch is always adjusting the color and contrast.

- apoptos dolor

hmms, thanks. stocks ? i dont fancy using stocks, because i dont know how to use them honestly >< ! any recommended detailed banner tuts for me?

Guest infinityyy

http://www.jasonahn.com/images/soompi/cutout.mov

Click to view in browser (give it a sec to load), or right click to download.

Quicktime MOV file.

5.3mb

5min39sec

Thanks Jason!! I already kinda knew how to do that cut-out effect, but watching your video gave me an easier way to do it. :P

Plus, I learned a bit more about layer masks. Thanks again<3

Guest jasonyc

hmms, thanks. stocks ? i dont fancy using stocks, because i dont know how to use them honestly >< ! any recommended detailed banner tuts for me?

A stock image is any image that you use as part of your entire project in Photoshop.

If you take a photo of yourself, and use it in a graphic, that photo is a stock.

Same goes for any other 'element' you might use.

can I ask how to blend ? Iused to use layer mask + gradient but when I wanna blend a complicated thing into the background , it doesn't work out ~_____~

can sb tell me another way to do it ?

thanks so much

u can still use the layer mask. but instead of the gradient, use the bucket tool and fill the canvas with black after u have clicked the mask. the pic should then disappear. then use a brush(i like the soft ones) and with the white color, brush over the image u want seen. u can go back and forth with the black and white color to hide/reveal the image.

Guest bohemianheart.

a a a a a, I'm sorry if there are so many questions about filtering here. but this graphic my lilchan is just taking my breathe away. & i've been experimenting alot with it. but i can't seem to get it. like i'll lensflare, distort ; but i dont know what kind of distort. The brown effects around Jay Chou. I'm really really sorry that i'm asking this. Please forgive me.

jaychou2.jpg

©lilchan

Guest tru__minute

^ For that graphic, I assume she duplicated the photo of the man, then stretched it in some way.. maybe using Wave. Then used Twirl, or Shear. After that, you can change the layer style and etc. Work with erasing the sections you don't want.

edit: 5 minute tutorial :)

filteringef7.jpg

Archived