Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest insideMYheart

0-0 that's how you do it. thank you. ^_^. c iZzLe gO zZz and insideMYheart thanks you guys. <3333

You're welcome :D

thank you :] I alreaady know print screeen, but it doesnt work for me xP

Oh, sorry I can't help you then :( That's the only way I know how to do it.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest naughtybynature.

My photoshop keeps on saying i have layers? or something that is locked. How do i unlock it?

if its the bg layer, double click it; if it's any other layer, click the lock icon.

lock9qs.jpg

Guest infinityyy

Hope it's not a silly question, but I've been wondering, does anyone know how to make one of those "torn off paper edges" effect? I'm using PS 7. Umh...cant find an example at the moment, but I'll post when I find it.

In the meanwhile, if anyone knew what I'm talking about, please do share.

Thanks in advance! =)

^ i was wondering this to0.

i'm currently using Photoshop CS2 now (juss got it). help please? :D

Guest V A L XD

if its the bg layer, double click it; if it's any other layer, click the lock icon.

lock9qs.jpg

Thanks, but the lock button is faded..so it doesn't active..i have a old verison of PS 'cause my uncle gave it to me..2.0 i think. :tears: cheapo..

Guest krazyxdreamer

i've asked this question b4 but some answered half of it so here it goes!

okai~!

i knoe how to get pictures frm shows and stuff, but how do u TAKE CLiPS OF SOMETHiNG and MAKE iT TO A GiF?!

and when u save it, i knoe u save gifs in save as optimize, but then when i save it the text comes out all BLURRY on the EDGES! so HOW DO i SAVE iT THAT iT WONT COME OUT LiKE THAT! so it comes out like my signature?

Random, just wanted to say I love ALLY's new work xD

erm but i try and try again and again still no use..

erm yup i use PhotoShop 7.0

I used to use PS6 and jason's tutorial worked fine for me. Have you tried looking up anything on good-tutorials? There was a link posted for that someplace back. I don't have the time to be really going into detail about htings so sorry about that. But I dunno, if you want a simple way to blend pictures is to grab a nice big fat soft eraser brush and just erase away the areas you don't want. Or you could use layer masks and gradients (like I do).

krazyxdreamer. GIFS... Since my Imageready is a bit stuffed I can't teach you much. Well, if you know how to do basic screen capping from shows, then you should be able to take a series of caps and put them together. I don't like making caps on windows media, I prefer going into Windows movie maker because that lets you view each frame seperately and take caps as well =] . Just find the section of the clip that you want, and take a shot of each frame (you can omit taking caps of similar frames, they'll just make your file size bigger and I really don't see the point of two of the nearly-the-same frames lalala). Save all of the caps into the same folder, open up imageready and then in File, there should be a selection called import from folder or something like that. This will open up all the frames onto one canvas as different layers and if I remember correctly, they'll even put each layer onto it's own frame in the animation tool bar :D Ugh I'm starting to confuse myself so no worries if you're getting a bit lost at the moment. But yeah, once you have all those layers in place, mkae sure they're in the right order (sometimes it messes up for me) and then go save optimised, blah and you're done! That's a basic run through. My explanations suck. WAIT wasn't there a link posted up before? HERE. HAHAHA i would go there and take a look :)

Hello, I'd just like to say that I come to thread often to get help with photoshop and everyone who helps out is wonderful. =)

But this time, I have a question, and I'll apologize ahead of time, I'm horrible at explaining things.

I would like to know how to do effects like in these banners.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/967/boa1pd.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sh0...xb/charlene.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sh0rtyyxb/boyz.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/sh0rtyyxb/joey.jpg

All credits to ALLY.

With the colors and such, that's what I'd like to know how to do. I've tried so many times, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I'd really appreciate if someone could explain it to me. =)

I was obsessed with this "style" once too, but then I stopped because the colors didn't look right.. I turned to something else. lol.

To get that color you should:

- Pick a dark bluish color such as #000A4A and set it to EXCLUSION.

there are several ways that she could have gotten the effect, such as blending stocks and setting textures to LIGHTEN or SCREEN.

Guest SoupSandwich

^ i was wondering this to0.

i'm currently using Photoshop CS2 now (juss got it). help please? :D

Try using a brush w/ the erase. Or use the brush with whatever background color you have. Should work out ok.. I tihnk.

Hope it's not a silly question, but I've been wondering, does anyone know how to make one of those "torn off paper edges" effect? I'm using PS 7. Umh...cant find an example at the moment, but I'll post when I find it.

In the meanwhile, if anyone knew what I'm talking about, please do share.

Thanks in advance! =)

Just posted one.

http://arodes.net/index.php?showtopic=535

Guest plumeria

I have a request. I use Paint Shop Pro 7 to make my graphics and I was wondering if someone could do a tutorial for outlining images. Alot of people write out the tutorial but I also need screencaps (pictures) along with it :sweatingbullets:

outline1cq.jpg

Much appreciated for the help, thank you.

Guest krazyxdreamer

krazyxdreamer. GIFS... Since my Imageready is a bit stuffed I can't teach you much. Well, if you know how to do basic screen capping from shows, then you should be able to take a series of caps and put them together. I don't like making caps on windows media, I prefer going into Windows movie maker because that lets you view each frame seperately and take caps as well =] . Just find the section of the clip that you want, and take a shot of each frame (you can omit taking caps of similar frames, they'll just make your file size bigger and I really don't see the point of two of the nearly-the-same frames lalala). Save all of the caps into the same folder, open up imageready and then in File, there should be a selection called import from folder or something like that. This will open up all the frames onto one canvas as different layers and if I remember correctly, they'll even put each layer onto it's own frame in the animation tool bar :D Ugh I'm starting to confuse myself so no worries if you're getting a bit lost at the moment. But yeah, once you have all those layers in place, mkae sure they're in the right order (sometimes it messes up for me) and then go save optimised, blah and you're done! That's a basic run through. My explanations suck. WAIT wasn't there a link posted up before? HERE. HAHAHA i would go there and take a look :)

THANK THANK THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

I feel kinda foolish asking this...but where do you get Windows Movie Maker? Do you have to download it from somewhere? And it probably costs money, right? :sweatingbullets: ...I'm trying to learn how to do gifs...and reading some of the replies to other people's requests on gifs...I think it would be easier to use Windows Movie Maker right?

A HUGE THANK YOU TO WHOEVER DECIDES TO HELP!! :D

Archived