Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest psique

jae7graphic.jpg

credits to jae7

Just a quick question (I don't think this has been asked before)-- I'm pretty sure the font that was used is Arial, but how do you adjust the settings for the font so that the letters are closer together? Pretty much, how do you edit the spacing to your liking? Is it something you can do on photoshop elements as well? Because I have photoshop elements and I can't do some of the stuff that you can do on regular photoshop (for example, I don't have the pen tool x___x).

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tailo

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/sle...jae7graphic.jpg

credits to jae7

Just a quick question (I don't think this has been asked before)-- I'm pretty sure the font that was used is Arial, but how do you adjust the settings for the font so that the letters are closer together? Pretty much, how do you edit the spacing to your liking? Is it something you can do on photoshop elements as well? Because I have photoshop elements and I can't do some of the stuff that you can do on regular photoshop (for example, I don't have the pen tool x___x).

I'm not too sure with Elements, but in Photoshop 7.0, when you select the Text tool, this toolbar shows up:

textbarkz2.jpg

Click the last button, and it'll make this Text Palette show up:

textpalettebr2.jpg

The part in the red box is how you control the horizontal spacing. Positive means farther apart and negative means closer together. Above it controls the vertical spacing.

I hope that helped a bit.

Guest Tailo

how u guys make dashed line border??

The tutorials on pg.141 has this. Click HERE for the Dashed Lines tutorial. Then, when you finish making the brush, first create a Work Path for your border. If you want to put the border onto a whole layer, just CTRL+Click on the layer in the Layers Palette, choose the Marquee tool, right click on the image, then select: Make Work Path. Once you have the Work Path, then just use the Stroke option in the Paths Palette. Done!

If you have more questions about this, feel free to ask.

Guest nuuniie

As for my technics to make Swirls

- make a new layer

- use the white brushes with difference sizes.

Then draw them on the new layer

- filter-blur-guassian blur

- filter-distort-twirl/shear

just mess around....

easy???

but I STILL dont know how to make DASHED border...

any1 has the easy way to do it?

I used to do it by make a selection the Print Screen and paste on Paint

then u know crop...

But I hate this way.

Help plzzzzz

Guest aoura.

Question - My photoshop is being reallly wierd. Like if you type something using size 12 font it'll show up a lot bigger than it should be.

does anyone know what the problem might be?

Nevermind, I figured out the problem. :)

Thanks anyway.

the girl is a vector i'm sure

there's a tutorial link on the first page i think...well, i think it says "a note on vectoring" or something like that

as for the background

checker pattern and a couple brush strokes

Sorry sorry! Don't mean to be a bother, but I don't see it. T-T Can you please please be a little more specific for me? I'm very blind, so I'll need help definitely. -.-' Sorry for the bother.

Sorry sorry! Don't mean to be a bother, but I don't see it. T-T Can you please please be a little more specific for me? I'm very blind, so I'll need help definitely. -.-' Sorry for the bother.

It's number 6 on the first page 6. A Note On Vectorizing a Raster Image (Intermediate) by kiki

Guest anirin

first of all, thanks for all the tutorials. i learned a lot from this thread ^____^

i have a question about brushes, though... how do you make an .abr file with a collection of brushes? i tried experimenting on ps 7, but i only managed to make separate individual brushes. how do you group them in a single file?

Guest Tailo

Tailo

thx much for ur answer but I dunt know how to make work path???

but I STILL dont know how to make DASHED border...

any1 has the easy way to do it?

I used to do it by make a selection the Print Screen and paste on Paint

then u know crop...

But I hate this way.

Help plzzzzz

You create a work path using the Pen tool. You make anchor points (which can also be turned into curves depending on your needs). Two or more anchor points equals a work path (actually I think one a point still counts too). Make sure you select the second option on the toolbar that says "Paths" and not "Shape Layers" or "Fill Pixels". Just start clicking, and you'll see how the Pen tool works. Go to the Paths palette to see what's happening.

But, if you don't need a customized shape for your border and just want to do it to the layer, of course there's another way. HOWEVER, I really suggest making the Dashed Line brush first, because that's the only way I know of (for now) to make dashed lines.* My dashed-line tutorial is pretty straight forward. Tell me if you're having trouble with that. (I just remade a dashed-line brush and it took me only a minute.)

Okay, rather than telling you to make your own work path, just do this for now:

>> Click on your layer in the Layers Palette

>> Go to Select > Load Selection (a marquee should show up around your layer). You can also use Select All

>> Now go to your Paths Palette. It should be next to your Layers and Channels palette by default. If not, go to Window > Paths

>> On the bottom of your Paths Palette, click the fourth (4th) button from the left on the bottom area. It should say "Make work path from selection," if you hover your mouse over it. A new work path should show up.

>> Create a new layer (Layer 1)

>> With Layer 1 selected, and your dashed-line brush selected, go back to the Paths Palette and click Stroke (it's the second button on the bottom area).

>> Just clean up the edges if there's any "overlap" of dashes or any extraneous strokes. You should be done.

Examples:

986382944b3greenez1.th.jpg 11557914561nu5greengy9.th.jpg

I used a dashed-line brush, size 20, spacing 200%, roundness 40%. Because the work path goes right on the border, the dashed lines are centered about them when stroked.

Tell me if this isn't what you're looking for. When you say "dashed border" this is what I think of. If you mean dotted border, go to the Dotted Line Border by Jason.

Guest lucky*13

Question: how do you get rid of the gray background when your background is a picture?

Here are my layers

photo-144708.gif

Please help. Xd

Guest ayadaokin

This is a specific tutorial requested by a Soompi member.

I tried to keep the feel and style as close to their example image as I could without completely duplicating it.

The images I use in the tutorial can be downloaded as a zip file here.

blendingtut.jpg

i didnt wanna quote the image but that was the tutorial lol.

anyway i had a question about it.

kinda dumb but, how did jason get that color layer on there? i made a new layer after using my pics, and its at the very top, but i dont know how to get the actual color part...

i hope that makes sense.

Guest allureex3

i didnt wanna quote the image but that was the tutorial lol.

anyway i had a question about it.

kinda dumb but, how did jason get that color layer on there? i made a new layer after using my pics, and its at the very top, but i dont know how to get the actual color part...

i hope that makes sense.

the color layer is a texture picture.

basically you just drag that texture to the top of the stack of layers you're working on and set it to whatever blending mode you want...in the case you're talking about he set it to color.

here's the color texture CLICK HERE

Archived