Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest zenmazing

can anyone help me with a card i'm trying to make. how do i get those lines on top of the letter and under it? il_570xN.166936471.jpg <--- this is the card for reference

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Queenie~

Any idea how is the watermark on these 2 pictures being done?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/k69iq.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/372283078.jpg/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I made this a while ago but I completely forgot how I created that grid effect on Photoshop. So I was wondering if someone could refresh my memory.

Please and thank you!

lensflare/or soft white brush? and then go to filter>wave>square

Any idea how is the watermark on these 2 pictures being done?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/k69iq.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/372283078.jpg/

custom shapes on photoshop there's a library of ribbons. and then set the text over it

I really want to learn how people make the pictures look so glossy. Like from this:

*quoted image*

to this

*quoted image*

I seriously want to learn and I’ve been haunting down every tutorial I could find but it’s. Not. The. One. I. Want.

The images aren’t mine (obviously) and this is the comparison I could find.

Ugh this is so frustrating I can’t even

*quoted image*

It would be great if someone could answer me. My creys ;A;

help?

it's just ..duplicate layer > set to soft light > use blur tool on parts of the skin to minimize the noise > smart sharpen

:)

Guest Laurachan

Hi, first time posting here :)

tumblr_ludpdtwTew1qgdzc3o1_500.jpg

I was wondering if anybody knew how to get this type of coloring? A lot of people tell me its the camera settings but I'm not sure.

It's like a greenish-brownish color if I am not mistaken?

and also this one;

tumblr_lnzs09ylqy1qa5dcno1_500.jpg

thank you in advance! xo.

^ yes, it can very possibly be the camera settings but it's always possible to try imitate the coloring on photoshop. think of it as "cheating"...but in a nicer way! :lol:

When I first started messing around by myself I found that greenish-brownish color by using the Color Balance layer adjustment. I increased the reds, yellows, and magentas for shadows and midtones and increased cyans, greens, and blues for highlights. I tend to use selective coloring more now since it tends to be easier for me to manipulate the overall coloring. Of course, the result always depends on your picture but this is just what these settings can get you in general. If you give me a picture you want to work with I can show you what I mean exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest r-obotix

How do you reduce yellow in photos like this, but still looking natural? Whenever I take pictures with my phone, it's always yellowish due to the lighting, and I want to reduce it.

28vt5zb.jpg

Thank you so much in advance! & sorry for the huge pic TT__TT

• 3 weeks later...

I made this a while ago but I completely forgot how I created that grid effect on Photoshop. So I was wondering if someone could refresh my memory.

Please and thank you!

go to filter-render-lens flare-then choose the 105mm prime

after that-

go to filter-distort-wave then choose various settings.... 

here's mine(*I almost forgot also..nyahaha.sweatingbullets.gif)

407144_366102106737180_100000121801586_1721659_1552909604_n.jpg

How do you make an image look "painted" or "cartoon-y", like this?  I see it being done ALOT lately, and I'd love to know how as well.

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

me think they use the luminance tool under "Noise Reduction" of  camera raw or Adobe Lightroom

I really want to learn how people make the pictures look so glossy. Like from this:

*quoted image*

to this

*quoted image*

I seriously want to learn and I’ve been haunting down every tutorial I could find but it’s. Not. The. One. I. Want.

The images aren’t mine (obviously) and this is the comparison I could find.

Ugh this is so frustrating I can’t even

*quoted image*

It would be great if someone could answer me. My creys ;A;

help?

just give a try...i used Adobe Photoshop camera raw cs5 in most of it and for the hair...ugh..i just used sharpening tool there...really can't get how to make photos like that in Ps

397829_366132963400761_100000121801586_1721865_142108566_n.jpg

and the conclusion...i end-up with this..same as yours...ohoho

tumblr_lq3ncesvYA1qar645.gif

Guest sallyen

^

Here's my attempt:

cn+blue+edit.jpg

The person who made the picture used Topaz Labs. I'm sure that they used Clean, but maybe also Adjust too.

When I tried, I used Topaz Adjust first (Exposure Color Stretch) and then I just played with my layers to get the colour right (Curves, Selective Color, Contrast) and in the end I used one of the presets in Topaz Clean. I also did use surface blur and median, but I don't think it's necessary because Topaz Clean can also make skin look glossy ^_^ btw I used a better quality picture of CNBLUE so they were not so much noise as the one you posted.

Guest vanessa_x17

photo retouch tutorial? some neat and more advanced tools. click to view. warning: very big.

photo_retouching_tutorial_by_vanessax17-d3din2g.jpg

i hope its useful and you learn some new tricks.

Please someone try to answer how to get the effect from my post 5178 it is not a drawing but a photo, my teacher blow it up and we came to that conclusion and I've seen several photos on tumblr with the same effect but I ask everywhere and noone knows or can't replicate, my teacher who is a fan of photoshop tried and gave up he said tell the person to tutor me on how to do it because I tried everything I know and can't do it, so he gave me his version but is not what I wanted. Thanks...

EDIT====

Trying to use topaz the way Sallyen suggested with adjust and clean I think I found the settings to do the pic I needed help with, you guys are amazing, I didn't get it just like the way they did the original but I got my semisketch almost perfect, thanks in any case I will continue tweeking the settings to see if I can get the results I wanted, thanks this is a very useful forum, this reminds me of the saying it is not the destination but the journey trying to go one way I found the answer to something else, now I will try to get the crisp result of Sallyen example, who knows maybe I discover something else I like.

Guest vanessa_x17

^ heres my quick take on it. i tried looking for the original but i just used another. i would love to try again if this isnt close enough, but at this very second i dont have much time. i have a couple other alternative ways in my head so ehh i can try again later.

before

92515677.jpg

after

53960776.jpg

pasted image on canvas, duplicated, filter>stylize>find edges, filter>blur smart blur, filter > sharpen> unsharpen mask, set top layer to softlight

^ heres my quick take on it. i tried looking for the original but i just used another. i would love to try again if this isnt close enough, but at this very second i dont have much time. i have a couple other alternative ways in my head so ehh i can try again later.

before

*quoted image*

after

*quoted image*

pasted image on canvas, duplicated, filter>stylize>find edges, filter>blur smart blur, filter > sharpen> unsharpen mask, set top layer to softlight

I am a little slow, (just a little) I don't get the last step you put it says to set the layer to softlight but I don't know what you mean? Did I say I am a little slow? please could you tell me what to do?

I like what you did but I would wait for your other ideas whenever you have time thanks for your help and looking forward to other alternatives you have, I am practicing to see if I get it as good as yours, I hope I can. Thanks again

Guest vanessa_x17

^youre welcome, and uhm i mean change the blending mode of the top layer which i did all those changes to softlight? sorry cant explain myself better

Ill post a picture later about what i mean.

i made a tutorial video. hopefully i can upload it and link it.

added a few more techniques

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvIKRPJjHfM

first time making a video. dont kill me if it sucks?

ahhh the colors look really weird when i uploaded it. i swear its much more toned down.

Another video tutorial I did. I wonder if this is effective or not O_O

How To Remove Color Cast in Photos (ex the yellow on indoor photos)

95031352.jpg

http://youtu.be/mdWh0A-sHE0

^youre welcome, and uhm i mean change the blending mode of the top layer which i did all those changes to softlight? sorry cant explain myself better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvIKRPJjHfM

ahhh the colors look really weird when i uploaded it. i swear its much more toned down.

*quoted image*

Thanks the video is perfect because I can pause it and do the steps with it... Thank you for taking the time to do it. I will practice till I get as good as you, did it actually took you only two mins to do all that? wow I have a long road ahead of me.

Guest vanessa_x17

lol it actually takes me less because I purposely went slow or else my mouse would be flying everywhere and it would annoy viewers. i was also refraining from using too many keyboard shortcuts cause i didnt want to annotate it. im glad it helps. i wish i got to explain every step and why i did it though.

• 2 weeks later...

^

Here's my attempt:

*quoted image*

The person who made the picture used Topaz Labs. I'm sure that they used Clean, but maybe also Adjust too.

When I tried, I used Topaz Adjust first (Exposure Color Stretch) and then I just played with my layers to get the colour right (Curves, Selective Color, Contrast) and in the end I used one of the presets in Topaz Clean. I also did use surface blur and median, but I don't think it's necessary because Topaz Clean can also make skin look glossy ^_^ btw I used a better quality picture of CNBLUE so they were not so much noise as the one you posted.

btw,...thanks for introducing Topaz Labs...it is really a big help to me..(obviously,..first time to encounter this plug-in...kukuku..laugh.gif)

loving the cartoon effects,..biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vvIKRPJjHfM

*quoted image*

Whoa...not bad at all wink.gif ..I like the second tutorial...laugh.gif  I caught myself saying "OOOH,...so that's how it is done... w00t.gif "

^

Here's my attempt:

*quoted image*

When I tried, I used Topaz Adjust first (Exposure Color Stretch) and then I just played with my layers to get the colour right (Curves, Selective Color, Contrast) and in the end I used one of the presets in Topaz Clean. I also did use surface blur and median, but I don't think it's necessary because Topaz Clean can also make skin look glossy ^_^ btw I used a better quality picture of CNBLUE so they were not so much noise as the one you posted.

btw,...thanks for introducing Topaz Labs...it is really a big help to me..(obviously,..first time to encounter this plug-in...kukuku..laugh.gif)

loving the cartoon effects,..biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived