Today, I felt Bidam (Queen Seondeok's character) from Ha Ryun's way of speaking.
It is hard to explain to non-Koreans, but Ha Ryun's weird way of speaking was quite similar to that of Bidam in bloodshed who came to kill Yeom-Jong in the middle of the series.

Overall, Ep 23 was a nice episode. I love it.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, homura said:

Today, I felt Bidam (Queen Seondeok's character) from Ha Ryun's way of speaking.
It is hard to explain to non-Koreans, but Ha Ryun's weird way of speaking was quite similar to that of Bidam in bloodshed who came to kill Yeom-Jong in the middle of the series.

Overall, Ep 23 was a nice episode. I love it.

Speaking of Yeom Jong, I really hope that Ha Ryun/Bang Won won't be modeled after Yeom Jong/Bidam in the last episodes of Queen Seon Deok. I want Bang Won to go against Jeong Do Jeon for the right reasons, and not just because Ha Ryun manipulated him to do so. Actually, the "right reasons" do not need to be right. It can be because Bang Won believes in a different Joseon, or because he's greedy for that Joseon, or because he's pushed away by his father and JDJ and he decides to fight back... I don't really care as long as Bang Won is the one making the decision and no one is clouding his judgement.

So far, Ha Ryun is an incredibly fun character. I was worried the show wouldn't find a villain as entertaining as Gil Tae Mi, clearIy I was wrong! Some of Ha Ryun's lines were pure gold in this episode: "YIG couldn't come. So here is the question: "How is it that he wasn't able to come?" (Take a guess. :p)"

• Like 9

Thinking of King Taejong (Bang-Won) in Tree with Deep Roots, I can't imagine he will be manipulated by anyone in the world.  He is the man of his own will. Even if he goes to the dark side, he will become the emperor rather than Darth Vader.  (I watched Star Wars 7 twice. hehe. :phew: )

• Like 9

Brief historical backgroud of Ep 23.

In Ep. 23, Ha Ryun was described as a face reader (physiognomist, 관상가, 觀相家). He muttered to himself that Yi Bang-Won's face was out of the ordinary. When Sambong asked him "How is my face?" he didn't answer it, as if he read something unspeakable from Sambong's face. Quite interesting situation.
Historically, it is true that Ha Ryun was an excellent face reader. It was quite rare for a Confucian scholar to learn such a petty(?) knowledge. Face readers believe that a person’s character can be ascertained from external appearance, so his/her fortune can be read from the face.
One day, Ha Ryun visited Min Je (Yi Bang-Won's father-in-law/ Lady Min's father) and asked him to arrange a meeting with Bang-Won, saying "I've never seen a face like your second son-in-law. He is not an ordinary person."  So, Min Je introduced Ha Ryun to Bang-Won. Not so exciting as in the drama, but anyways, their first meeting was also involved with physiognomy in the history. :D

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, Sam Royce said:

thank you homura ,yeah i was wondering why he was staring at bang won face. do you know why lady min suddenly got curious about ha ryun and what does he know about the red seal people

About Lady Min : I have no idea about her intention. However, everyone in Yi family got to know the name "Ha Ryun" because they were tricked by him. (about enthroning the king)

The secret organization called "Nameless" :

Ha Ryun is Yi In-Gyeom's relative. Yi In-Gyeom's last dying wish was to investigate the secret organization. Ha Ryun was chasing eunuch Kim Nae-Pyeong who delievered the letter about Hong Ryun's assassination of King Gongmin. He was also standing in the street when Yi In-Gyeom was sent into exile.

During the investigation, Ha Ryun happened to find out the "Nameless" was after Jo Joon's data about land system issue. Ha Ryun thought the data would be extremely dangerous to the noble class, so he tried to stop Sambong by joining hands with Jo Min-Soo and Yi Saek.

In the latter part of ep 23, three groups were chasing the data : Hwasadan (for Ha Ryun), our 4 young dragons, and the secret organization (with Gil Seon-Mi).

• Like 9

The 10 dramas of 2015 that earned the highest viewer ratings in Korea

by Vivi  (drama fever)

ea619bbe-8de4-4a1b-aaad-a26ef7c9bca7.png

As an international fan of Korean dramas, it can be interesting to see how my viewing tastes compare to those of Korean viewers. Now that 2015 is drawing to a close, we can see which Korean dramas raked in the most domestic viewers this year. According to a recent report by Entertainment Weekly, these are the 10 dramas with the highest viewership ratings for the year.

5. Six Flying Dragons

Network: SBS

Average rating: 15.4%

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/the-top-10-dramas-of-2015-that-earned-the-highest-viewer-ratings-in-korea/

• Like 4

On 8/31/2015 at 8:19 AM, nevill said:

thanx @homura i  put the Official Page link on first page 

Yoo Ah In cuts an imposing figure in new ‘Six Flying Dragons’ stills

by Alvin (kpop fighting)

Six_Flying_Dragons-tp002.jpg

The production team for upcoming SBS TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Six Flying Dragons,’ has today released new stills of lead actor Yoo Ah In.

‘Six Flying Dragons’ is a period drama depicts the ambitions and success stories of 6 people with Lee Bang Won (Yoo Ah In) as the central figure.

In the photos, Yoo Ah In is seen with a sword in one hand as he rode on a white horse in the woods at night, as he cut a imposing presence.

Although the stills lack any lines or action, but it did not diminish the presence of Yoo Ah In, as he gave a good account of himself.

In one photo, Yoo Ah In is seen holding a long sword in one hand, while looking afar with his gaze, as he seemingly possessed the ability to see through one’s heart. One can clearly see that he is giving a good portrayal of Lee Bang Won, who is known in history as one of the 3 great kings of the Joseon Dynasty.

Yoo Ah In is said to have done intensive research on his role, and gave the production team and staff a strong confidence boost on just the first day of filming.

Many are also anticipating the chemistry between Yoo Ah In and the ’5 other flying dragons’ – Kim Myung Min, Shin Se Kyung, Byun Yo Han, Yoon Gyun Sang, and Cheon Ho Jin.

cr: http://kpopfighting.com/2015/08/31/yoo-ah-in-cuts-an-imposing-figure-in-new-six-flying-dragons-stills/

King Taejong is known as one of the 3 great kings of Joseon Dynasty?

KIng Taejong,KIng Sejong, and who's other one?

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, femalia said:

Which side is Gil Seon Mi? Didn't GSM help Ttang Sae get away from the secret nameless organization? 

i think GSM will be on BY&DS side since he helped DS when young and maybe knows their mother

• Like 4