|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

H&M China has finally posted! Looks like we can anticipate a lot more goodies, including BTSes :wub:

长腿欧巴@崔始源 入伍了,“大表姐”@刘雯 也忙成飞人,但粉丝们并没有忘记他们,大家一再热情地呼喊:#HM在一起# !广大“石榴粉”们如此期待,于是2016 H&M中国新年系列广告大片率先曝光啦!大表姐就是美,欧巴就是帅!节日季的明星节奏停不下来!密切关注我们,更多独家照片和幕后花絮会接踵而来!
Long-legged Oppa Choi Siwon has enlisted, "Older Cousin" Liu Wen is busy flying all over the world, but the fans have not forgotten them. Everyone, let's enthusiastically shout #HM Together#! Seeing the anticipation of so many ShiLiu fans, the 2016 H&M Chinese New Year ad campaign will be revealed first! Older Cousin is beautiful, Oppa is handsome! There is no stopping the pace of celebrities during the holiday season! Keep a close lookout on us, more exclusive photos and behind the scenes highlights are forthcoming!

7a2e9de9gw1eyfq65chn5j21de111wnr.jpg

cr. HM中国 Weibo

• Like 11

Yes, thanks for that translation, liddi! Still the same beating around the bush as always (Siwon is so "gracious", tasks arranged by the program - how professional!), but at least things aren't so dire on the shipper front now. I would really like to know why Liu Wen of all people was singled out by the production team to the extent that they would bother contacting her managers in both NY (I'm assuming this is George Speros of The Society Management) and China (Ms. Ren?). She isn't an entertainment figure or a household name, and I get the impression that models don't garner a great deal of attention in China. Maybe the lady had to be one with considerable cachet and not just some two-bit TV actress as they had a male star in mind ("star" being the operative word)...certainly I can't imagine Siwon accepting the job not caring at all who he would be paired with. He didn't need the fame or the salary...someone needs to wriggle out of him the main reason why he did the show...once that's answered, it'll be easier for us to determine the likelihood that they really are together.

And it looks like H&M is going ahead with those shots after all...ugh, the waxiness, THE WAXINESS!

• Like 8

"if I really love someone, all the preconceived criteria is not necessarily important. Love cannot be measured by money, as long as you love that person, that is enough." 

Before LFIL, LW has never dated before, above statement sounds like something a person with dating experience would say... does it not?

I am not sure Siwon's intent to date LW is as relevant to their dating status as their recent interviews. Remember, Siwon was ready to leave the show at one point due to lack of reciprocation from LW... so I look forward to what he says on " You Look Delicious" which was taped days before his enlistment.  In addition, the Dec Elle article is highly likely based upon an interview conducted in July (some weibo users even say the article delivered nothing new, they have seen bits and pieces of the article before from other sources...) 

I for one believe they have dated and they formalized their relationship right around the time when show was ending... Are they still an item? IMO, they are.  SM, SW's management company, is usually very quick to clear rumors, the fact that they have not said anything is telling... I am not saying it is a confirmation of LW/SW dating, but it is not a denial.

Will they be able to sustain the two-year enlistment? Nobody knows, not even them, but if anyone can do this, it is Liu Wen.   I think she will go for something she deems as important and worthwhile.. I just hope that she won't get too weary with fan backlashes... because clearly they have an impact on her... 

I think Liu Wen will remain mum until they either get caught dating (like she was alluding to in the recent Femina interview) or when they are ready to announce it (either to get married or move on to someone else...).  

Looks like H&M does photoshop its stars, Katy Perry looks a lot thinner and taller in her H&M holiday ad campaign. 

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 9

Sorry for a long post and sorry if I offend some people:
Liu Wen and Siwon both look great in their H&M photos but if you didn't tell me it was a special photoshoot, it looks like an average H&M photoshoot. Nothing really stands out or completely captures my attention as these designs are average-looking and the designs doesn't really look festive/holiday-looking (aside from using the traditional red color). It also looks like a regular collection that you can find in any fashion/clothing store (eg. red skinny jeans, red sweater) or a collection that was put together quickly.

As for Liu Wen being an "entertainment figure", I think that's really subjective and varies from person to person. And speaking of SM Entertainment, I don't think there are "rumors" that needs to be cleared up or looked after by SM. After all, all of SJ members' promotions and management is done through their label and they are in their 30's (considered to be K-pop veterans). But I think another reason for SM Entertainment not to care or cleared up is because in Korea, there may be zero rumors to start with or maybe there was rumours but they didn't feel a need to confirm or deny it.

/ my insights on why Siwon was casted /
I may be wrong but these are just my insights on why Siwon was probably casted.
And just my insights but I think that SM Entertainment was involved with the whole process from the first casting to the final casting and had expressed an interest in the Chinese WGM since Kris Wu was initially part of the first casting.

I think it is best to look at three of the original members to understand what was happening. For Kris, his departure from the show most likely had to relate to his dispute with SM. Although both Tang Yan and Jerry Yan are both "recovering" from their past relationships, I think the most likely reason why Jerry Yan and Tang Yan didn't make to the final casting is that there was a time conflict since they were both respectively busy with their movie. The first cast announcement for LFIL was announced sometime in March 2015 and the final cast announcement for LFIL was done on April 5th, 2015. For Tang Yan/Tiffany Tang, she was busy with filming for the movie 三体. She was announced as one of the cast members for it on April 22, 2015 but she could have been already a cast member prior to the April 22nd announcement since the movie began filming in March 18. For Jerry Yan, he was involved with 我的少女時代 promotional activities or filming  for it on April 13, 2015.

So basically TLDR:
Kris withdrew because of his ongoing dispute with SM.
Tiffany Tang most likely withdrew because of her film and had a time conflict.
Jerry Yan: most likely withdrew because of his film and had a time conflict

And because this was a joint collaboration between MBC and Jiangsu TV, there has to be at least 1 Korean person. Or maybe because MBC/Jiangsu TV had an agreement with SM Entertainment, SM Entertainment probably looked within their male artists and see who was available/interested in it. But the male or female artist had to be able to speak Chinese to a certain extent and had to be recognized with the Chinese crowd. So even if Siwon didn't participate in it, there would probably be someone else (eg. any of the other EXO-M or SJ-M members) from SM who have taken a spot in the Chinese WGM but it doesn't mean that that specific replacement member would have been Liu Wen's partner.

• Like 3

Hi, I'm new here. Didn't want to be a member of a kpop forums since allkpop (and their treatment of Ailee).

I was a SuJu fan before watching Lfil with Siwon and Liu Wen but after that, I like her more than Siwon :wub:

From my perspective, Siwon chose to participate in the show because he wanted to see his fans' reaction of him being connected romantically with a woman. It was not long after Sungmin's marriage and some fans were outraged. So I guess he wanted to test the waters. Siwon always wanted to get marries someday (when he signed contract with SM at the age of 18, he insisted that there must be a clause that he can get married - a wise move for a 10 year contract). Anyway, he must've gotten the picture of what the fans' reaction would be like. I don't think this has anything to do with Liu Wen - he could hardly find a woman more kind, successfull or less morally corrupt.

• Like 1

Korean news is starting paying attention to Liu Wen after all... here's a gist of Korea's TVREPORT news on Naver featuring the H&M photoshoot, according to mun+won's C-translations:

"WGM Couple" meets again. Choi Siwon displays his mature charm with his "She Was Pretty" beard, while Liu Wen, as international supermodel emanates her unique ability and fashion sense. The chemistry in their collaboration during the shooting the H&M2016 pictorials is eyecatching. The duo who starred in JiangsuTV's "Let Us Fall in Love" are dubbed #ShiLiu Couple#. Liu Wen who was specially featured in Siwon's drama also became a topic [of interest]...

0060wjSvjw1eyghfg3gk3j30hs3ft1ky.jpg

cr. mun+won Weibo

• Like 8

It definitely looks like she's currently having her pre Christmas trip in Chicago. Great to see her updates daily to let us (or someone) know she's safe, sound and happy. Just curious whom she is with since it was said her manager and entourage are in China :P

• Like 4

At this rate, I may have to fly down to the Windy City to hopefully run into her. :P I did think her awfully cute video greeting from the Cloud Gate was rather interestingly titled "Cold weather VS warm heart!!"...hmm...why exactly is your heart feeling warm, Ms. Liu? Makes me wonder who that message was meant for as she doesn't usually make it a habit of issuing direct hellos to her supporters.

And is she in Chicago primarily for work or play? I assume her entourage doesn't always follow her around everywhere; they probably did so these past few months only because she was filming her series. Unless she's in town for more Wen Li, I doubt they're there with her now although the female manager may already have flown to the U.S. to rejoin her.

What are the chances Liu will be back in Asia by the end of the year or for Chinese New Year? Not very high, I'm thinking, considering she was just there for such a long time. I know she's spoken of her inability to be with her family during CNY because it coincides with the start of the fashion season, but hopefully next year will be different. I won't get my hopes up because a pre-enlistment reunion never came to pass, but if they miss opportunities to meet up for Christmas or CNY even when they're able to, I will start to wonder. Long-distance relationships can work, but they don't stand much chance of surviving if you go for months or even years without seeing each other when you could if you made the effort.

• Like 3

At this rate, I may have to fly down to the Windy City to hopefully run into her. :P I did think her awfully cute video greeting from the Cloud Gate was rather interestingly titled "Cold weather VS warm heart!!"...hmm...why exactly is your heart feeling warm, Ms. Liu? Makes me wonder who that message was meant for as she doesn't usually make it a habit of issuing direct hellos to her supporters.

And is she in Chicago primarily for work or play? I assume her entourage doesn't always follow her around everywhere; they probably did so these past few months only because she was filming her series. Unless she's in town for more Wen Li, I doubt they're there with her now although the female manager may already have flown to the U.S. to rejoin her.

What are the chances Liu will be back in Asia by the end of the year or for Chinese New Year? Not very high, I'm thinking, considering she was just there for such a long time. I know she's spoken of her inability to be with her family during CNY because it coincides with the start of the fashion season, but hopefully next year will be different. I won't get my hopes up because a pre-enlistment reunion never came to pass, but if they miss opportunities to meet up for Christmas or CNY even when they're able to, I will start to wonder. Long-distance relationships can work, but they don't stand much chance of surviving if you go for months or even years without seeing each other when you could if you made the effort.

i agree with you. LDR is very hard if u dont put efford in it.hhhmm hope they can survive. 

From what I understand in earlier articles, she makes it a point to spend August and end of the year holidays with her family... question being end of what year? If it's the Chinese new year, then perhaps that will have to wait until end of Jan/early February before we see her back in Asia once more. Whatever it is, I hope to see her in the vicinity again in the near future. And whether one believes it or not, LDR does work even when one goes for months or more without seeing one another physically, as long as the lines of communication are consistently open, and I say this from personal experience. Whatever it is, ultimately it really depends on the commitment and trust between the two people who are involved. From all intents and purposes, she has repeatedly spoken about commitment as the staple in a relationship... so hopefully it is that way as well between them.

• Like 6

Allow me to be delusional for today :lol: just when liu wen has been posting about her whereabouts and greetings, siwon has just released his first letter expressing his frustrations and hopes in the army, he even ended his letter with the line "talk to you soon". Could this be their another form of communication? :wub:

• Like 6

While I don't think they will meet during Christmas since Christmas is kinda a Western holiday more than an Eastern holiday (I have celebrated last year's Christmas in China and compared to how it's celebrated here in N. America, it's a lot less festive and most people who live in Asia treat it as a regular day in China/HK), I do think that a possible reunion would be the new year or CNY. But I think it depends on what LW has planned. 

But another thing to mention is that whether they meet or not really depends on where he is enlisted at after his basic training, the regulations and whether or not he is willing to take his break as scheduled or would he postpone it and do his break later (since some stars prefer not to take their break right away) or do their break without the media's radar.

• Like 4