My first post on this temp. forum...

GLORY DAY Confirms Youth-led Cast
A Film About a Broken Friendship

Four young friends will have their relationship put in jeopardy after an incident one night in a new film by director CHOE Jeong-yeol, Glory Day (working title). CHOE who has worked in production for a while, accumulating experience in diverse fields on set. From taking small acting roles to working on the production team, screenplay adaptation and finally directing, CHOE was involved in works such as The Show Must Go On (2007) and Closer to Heaven (2009). For his shorts Man (2009) and The Unbearable Heaviness of Nagging (2009), CHEON received awards at the Blue Dragon Film Awards and the Grand Bell Film Awards as well as a few international film festivals.

The casting of the four friends has become a heated topic due to the involvement of a famous K-pop star. As a member of one of the most popular groups these days, EXO’s Suho will play a character named Sang-woo who is the initiator of the dilemma the friends face. This will be Suho’s first film in a lead role. KIM Ji-soo, a rising star who has been recognized for his latest role in the TV drama series Angry Mom, will be in the role of Yong-bi. Although it was a supporting role, KIM performed in last year’s award-winning indie film Han Gong-ju. Glory Day is RYOO Jun-yeol’s third film. His previous works include Socialphobia, which received positive criticism when it was released in March. The last of the four friends, Doo-man, will be played by KIM Hee-chan who has also been cast for the highly anticipated TV drama Producer, which will air in May. Holding the key to the fate of the four friends is PARK Hae-eun, a female newscaster who has the brains and the beauty, played by LEE Ji-yeon.

The four actors went through an open audition and were finally cast in the film. Glory Day will start shooting on May 1st.

Any copying, republication or redistribution of KOFIC's content is prohibited without prior consent of KOFIC.

koreanfilm

​ Ji Soo should be the lead role not  the k pop star! my opinion!

And yes I found you, thread! Ji Soo is the new rising star!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​ Ji Soo should be the lead role not  the k pop star! my opinion!

And yes I found you, thread! Ji Soo is the new rising star!!!

@jongski oh, you're already in here? I just asked you on AM forums, have you visit this thread?

Hmm..maybe the director has other opinion about role in his movie? I hope that this movie is another way which bring Ji Soo to get more recognition from korean viewers and/or korean movie criticus..I'm wondering he will get best new actor award (either in drama and/or movie) soon.. :)

Since I posted the double post, I post this..

Article: Angry Mom's Ji Soo, Kim Hee Sun's Guarding Knight

PLEASE NO QUOTING OF IMAGES

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=702052

​ The Hero of Angry Mom. OMG!  Bok Dong! Ji Soo! and  I said this before.. when all the older hallyu  actors go for their  mandatory MA next year.. the young one will be left and  Ji Soo  and others will take over. Weeeh!

For the next kdrama of Ji Soo.. I want him to be the lead.. I don't like school 2016 reply93  kinda drama. Would like something more dark or meatier. I did mention MARS if ever kdrama will have have a verison of fav twdrama or again something like that.

Ji Soo is pure actor.  His charisma speaks volume and in AM we felt and seen that from the very first episode all the way.... scene stealer. breakout star. and his acting is impressive! And even had that thought of ad-libbing in once of the scene.. now that's an actor!

Yes, we love Ji Soo!

@jongski- Hi there chingu! Welcome to our temporary home of Ji Soo! I would just like to ask you to remove photos on your quotes. Let's still apply soompi rules on temp forums. Thank you!~^^

And I  read this.... via getik

Jisoo, EXO’s Suho, Ryu Joon-yeol to begin shooting for film ‘Glory Day’ on May 1

‘Glory Day’ will start filming soon. The film will feature young rising stars: Jisoo, EXO’s Suho, Ryu Joon-yeol, Kim Hee-chan and more.

These actors were cast after the four-month-long audition and casting process. Meanwhile, Jisoo was cast to play the main role ‘Yong-bi’, a rebel with justice, who stands at the center in the episode. Jisoo is currently starring in television series ‘Angry Mom’ as troublemaker ‘Go Bok-dong’, gaining huge attention.

Meanwhile, it looks like fans of EXO should be ready to celebrate another rise of an actor from the band, following Chanyeol. EXO’s leader Suho was cast to play the role of ‘Sang-woo’, who will also from the nucleus of the plot. Moreover, actor Ryu Joon-yeol who has shown an impressive performance in film ‘Socialphobia’ will play the role of ‘Ji-gong’, who holds the key to the case. Last but not least, rookie Kim Hee-chan will be in charge of the role of ‘Doo-man’, after having been recognized via only two short films including ‘Night Market’. Kim will also appear on television drama ‘Producer’.

getik

Yeeeh! I wanted to also share the pics with he article bu dunno how. Bok Dong! I'll always call him Bok Dong! :)

@StaRix ok.. dunno how. will not quote tho  :)

@jongski -it's okay to quote, like what I did... But we need to remove all pics/gifs on the quote. :)

@StaRix was that donghwan is donghwan shinhwa who also cast on Movie Glory Day? so they already start shooting for movie?

@fleurofjasmine -no. Shinhwa member is Kim Dong WAN... It's a different person. I think he's a common friend of Ji Soo, Byun Yohan and EXO members. I also saw pics of Yohan on his IG~^^

@jongski -it's okay to quote, like what I did... But we need to remove all pics/gifs on the quote. :)

@fleurofjasmine -no. Shinhwa member is Kim Dong WAN... It's a different person. I think he's a common friend of Ji Soo, Byun Yohan and EXO members. I also saw pics of Yohan on his IG~^^

@StaRix  

oh..I thought that was Shinhwa member who also cast on Glory Day (as I read on Kkuljaem)..thanks for the information :)

Archived